Red - Taylor Swift
6.8

Review this album

1. Dec 17, 2014
    Red es la excusa perfecta para ver a Taylor como candidata a la reina del Country... Una experta compositora que mezcla el alma de sus composiciones con Rock y pop de una forma elegante y experta.
  2. Dec 17, 2014
    One of the best album, this transition from almost complete pop pro Taylor made great music, good to hear and in a soft voice like hers do not have to get sick from that album, so good.
    Highlights: I Knew You Were Trouble and Holy Ground
    Lows: Treacherous (Demo) and The Moment I Knew
  3. Nov 4, 2014
    Taylor Swift is one of those few artists whose career gets bigger and bigger with each passing year. His latest album "Red" has meant the passage that was lacking for the last time imminent internationalization. With Red, Swift won for the second time debut on the charts a week of sales above a million copies and became the first female musical act to do so, also had his first # 1 singleTaylor Swift is one of those few artists whose career gets bigger and bigger with each passing year. His latest album "Red" has meant the passage that was lacking for the last time imminent internationalization. With Red, Swift won for the second time debut on the charts a week of sales above a million copies and became the first female musical act to do so, also had his first # 1 single on the Billboard charts with nominated last year Record of the Year for "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and a global hit as was "I Knew You Were Trouble".
    Red is the most sold for this year's Grammys with just over six million copies (which sells all of the other four nominees for album of the year together) and generally had a good reception from the critics album, which they name their album more mature and adventurous so far. In fact, this album Taylor first dares to expose without any camouflage pop genre, and it was really well as he promoted the album despite being competing this year in the country categories, but in that case it would work in music pop more honest and intelligent than we have seen at least the last five or six years.
    Anyway Network has its downs, and it is in those moments where he experimented with a more commercial and mainstream sound, songs such as "22" or the same ... We Are Never noticed a decline and it feels the album could have been a masterpiece if Swift had decided to work with what she speaks perfect, soft melodies, epic sounds and powerful lyrics. Of those things are full Red rises undoubtedly outweigh all its shortcomings on issues such as Treacherous, Sad Tragic Beautiful, Begin Again (nominated for best country song), Holy Ground and definitely if you can call it a masterpiece "All Too Well ". That song is regardless of what the nominees for song of the year, the best that existed in the period of eligibility (I was affected by not being released as a single) and the best thing ever written Taylor Swift. Also mention the only two experiments that worked and think you are Red and State Of Grace.
  4. Sep 27, 2014
    We saw Taylor depart from her comfort zone which is country-pop with this album. She tried different genres and collaborated with different producers and I must say that she's done this successfully without compromising her brand and quality which I love from her the most. In my honest opinion this is the best album released in 2012 and in this decade so far. Best songs are Holy Ground,We saw Taylor depart from her comfort zone which is country-pop with this album. She tried different genres and collaborated with different producers and I must say that she's done this successfully without compromising her brand and quality which I love from her the most. In my honest opinion this is the best album released in 2012 and in this decade so far. Best songs are Holy Ground, Sad Beautiful Tragic, All Too Well, Treacherous and State Of Grace. Expand
  5. Sep 23, 2014
    af a pagina atualizou aqui e perdi tudo que escrevi, dps me perguntem o pq da nota no fb..............................................................
  6. Sep 17, 2014
    Taylor Swift's best album, no doubts. It's mature and the songs are incredible, there are only two of them that I didn't like but it still incredible.
  7. Jun 28, 2014
    Huge disappointment ! "Red" is even much worse than "Fearless", which i fisrt thought was Taylor Swift's gigantic step-down from "Speak Now", but now with this album, Taylor Swift is clearly showing that there is no litmits for her awful taste of writing and composing songs. It's just somehow getting worse and a lot wrose as time gose by, apparently she is no longer able to maintain theHuge disappointment ! "Red" is even much worse than "Fearless", which i fisrt thought was Taylor Swift's gigantic step-down from "Speak Now", but now with this album, Taylor Swift is clearly showing that there is no litmits for her awful taste of writing and composing songs. It's just somehow getting worse and a lot wrose as time gose by, apparently she is no longer able to maintain the excellent performance that we saw in "Speak Now" Expand
  8. Jun 28, 2014
    RED
    The album is a blend of country, country pop and alternative songs.
    RED
    The album is a blend of country, country pop and alternative songs.
    SHE IS STILL COUNTRY - every song has country influences and you can hear them. Country is defined as story telling and you learn so much about her life from the 19 songs (including Deluxe Version). People that slate this album aren't being fair. Its her 4th album and you cant expect her to stick just to country she has to expand and grow as an artist and this album showcases her move into new country influenced genres.
  9. Jun 13, 2014
    É de conhecimento geral que Taylor Swift é uma grande compositora, e com RED ela demonstra que amadurece cada vez mais em todos os quesitos, sejam artísticos ou pessoais. Com composições baseadas na própria vida, Swift traz uma grande obra, onde trabalha tanto o country e, ao mesmo tempo, introduz cada vez mais no pop, revelando o que pode ser um novo direcionamento de sua carreira. REDÉ de conhecimento geral que Taylor Swift é uma grande compositora, e com RED ela demonstra que amadurece cada vez mais em todos os quesitos, sejam artísticos ou pessoais. Com composições baseadas na própria vida, Swift traz uma grande obra, onde trabalha tanto o country e, ao mesmo tempo, introduz cada vez mais no pop, revelando o que pode ser um novo direcionamento de sua carreira. RED vale cada minuto aplicado em ouvi-lo, um álbum que é tudo (e muito mais) que era de se esperado de Taylor Swift. Expand
  10. May 31, 2014
    Fantástico. É possível perceber claramente o amadurecimento dela em relação aos álbuns anteriores, e isso é incrível. As pessoas que não gostam do álbum provavelmente sequer o ouviram com sentiram as letras das músicas. São divertidas, emocionantes, agradáveis. São felizes, livres, confusas e solitárias. Sinta a música sem nenhum preceito, é isso que este álbum nos traz.
  11. May 30, 2014
    "Red" by Taylor Swift is a really great album and one of the best she's ever done. I love how each song on here has a different tone to it and how she is taking a different style to her music while remaining recognizable.
  12. May 24, 2014
    An amazing record, really perfect songwriting, deep lyrics, and 3 or 4 catchy songs. This album has everything you need in an album. The best songs are Treacherous, Begin Again, Holy Ground and All Too Well.
  13. May 20, 2014
    This album sounds great, so good. Is mature, emotional, inspiring, and makes you feel wonderful, honestly, the best she ever did. I think she turned into one of the best artist of the atuality
  14. Feb 22, 2014
    Love the songs '22', I knew you were trouble' and 'We are never ever getting back together', but the rest of the songs are too generic for my taste. All in all, great album, generic songs though.
  15. Dec 21, 2013
    Such an outstanding album, showcases Swift's natural talent in songwriting. Her dabbling in different genres from pure country, to synth-pop, and to dubstep not only shows her versatility as an artist, but it seems almost daring and brave. Her progression in songwriting is evident in beautifully-crafted pieces such as Treacherous and Begin Again; and then in All Too Well, she unleashesSuch an outstanding album, showcases Swift's natural talent in songwriting. Her dabbling in different genres from pure country, to synth-pop, and to dubstep not only shows her versatility as an artist, but it seems almost daring and brave. Her progression in songwriting is evident in beautifully-crafted pieces such as Treacherous and Begin Again; and then in All Too Well, she unleashes her best-ever lyrics yet: "You call me up again just to break me like a promise/So casually cruel in the name of being honest". As a listener, one minute you're there crying in heart-break, and then suddenly, you're there dancing along to fast-tempo anthems like 22 and We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together. No matter what people say about the album in a positive or critical way figures never lie Red sold 1.2 million copies in its debut week, a feat achieved by less than a handful in music history. The commercial success is a testament of Swift's incredible talent. Red is sure to keep fans just as excited for her next album. Expand
  16. Dec 18, 2013
    Taylor Swift has a natural talent and brilliantly she put those ideas on the grill and ended up in "Red" Max Martin and company brought her a cleaner sound as nearly all of his collaborations are stand outs. The only thing that matters here is that the album is a bit too long but
  17. Nov 17, 2013
    This is a very good album. Fun, Catchy, musically qualified, and is a little different than other Swift albums. I just wish she could show her vocal abilities more, if she has them. Otherwise, this album is just pure gold!

Highlights: "Red" "I knew you were trouble"
    Summary: Catchy, Fun, Great
    Grade: 87%
  18. Nov 11, 2013
    One of my top five cd's of this year think it will be rated and honored with awards this year I never get tired of it the first track reminds me of old U2 songs, the synth pop on 22 and other tracks is so catchy and I love country music feel on most tracks and taylor does not dissapoint in this respect as well. I applaud Taylor's courage to be true to her artistry and to not be soOne of my top five cd's of this year think it will be rated and honored with awards this year I never get tired of it the first track reminds me of old U2 songs, the synth pop on 22 and other tracks is so catchy and I love country music feel on most tracks and taylor does not dissapoint in this respect as well. I applaud Taylor's courage to be true to her artistry and to not be so concerned about what the country music community and others may think. Love it! Expand
  19. Nov 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Red may be the smartest album made ​​by a girl of 20-22 years old, Lyrics by Swift are emotional you can feel what she wrote, Red starts with State of Grace a song which make the direction of the album as well as feelings of Swift, after is Red a song who she realize that she misses her ex boyfriend she can't move on cause he still burning red in her mind and heart, and then treacherous and i knew you were trouble just a s treacherous, i knew you were trouble is about a relationship with trouble guys, treacherous is the begin ikywt is the end, all too well is the center of album if you understand this song may you can understand the whole album. 22 song about her friends, because c'mon she's a beautiful girl she deserves have fun. i almost do, she still misses her ex but she starts realize that she needs move on so she decides that WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER. but just as all the girls by 20-23 years old she still daydreaming about real love, the last time a song with intense vocals just embedded in the thematic of the song Vocals by Gary LightBody fell as a sleeve in this song, holy ground are the nicest song in this album, sad beautiful tragic are so sad but so intense it's just the start of begin the lucky one is when sh realize that she's became very famous but she still felts like a ordinary people then is everything has changed, starlight and begin again so we can see the new taylor swift more adult, sexy but still with a beautiful heart that delights many people.

PS: the whole album has a hidden message, i'm not talking about of capital letters in his lyrics but the underlined words throughout the album. The Phrase are

"Pro Love: Grace red t(r)each knew trouble well. 22 almost never ever stay, last holy sad lucky changed star again
  20. Nov 2, 2013
    The girl does not have much of charisma... Solid productions, country, pop, rock even electronica...
    But, so what? Her voice is too soft and polite. Not my type, definitely.
  21. Oct 8, 2013
    This left me really speechless... I must be honest that speak now is a little better than this. Nevertheless, this is a stupendous album made by a talented young artist. Despite the shift from country to pop, I still love this album. Bravo, taylor!
  22. Sep 12, 2013
    I fail to see what's supposed to be so good about this record. It doesn't deserve all the hype. Bland and just boring in general. There's much better country, let alone pop, to be found.
  23. Aug 26, 2013
    Red is hands down Taylor's best and most ambitious work yet and, without a doubt, the best album of the year. The songwriting is brilliant and flawless. It is, through and through, from the breath-taking opening track to the beautifully written "Begin Again," a pop/rock masterpiece. Highlights include "State of Grace," "Treacherous," "All Too Well," "Holy Ground," "The Last Time," "SadRed is hands down Taylor's best and most ambitious work yet and, without a doubt, the best album of the year. The songwriting is brilliant and flawless. It is, through and through, from the breath-taking opening track to the beautifully written "Begin Again," a pop/rock masterpiece. Highlights include "State of Grace," "Treacherous," "All Too Well," "Holy Ground," "The Last Time," "Sad Beautiful Tragic," and "Everything Has Changed." Expand
  24. Aug 16, 2013
    Taylor Swift's best album to date! This album has more Genres than her usual Country music. Starting with Begin Again, which was one of the best songs of the album. Then "We are never getting back together" another awesome song. My favorite is "Red" song, even though critics say Taylor Swift is not good for pop rock, I found that song to be incredible!
  25. Jul 30, 2013
    Red is just further confirmation that Taylor Swift is one of the greatest singer songwriters in the world today. What I find amazing is that almost every song on every album could be a hit single and those included on this latest offering are no different. Personally I couldn't care less whether a song is deemed country or pop, a great song is a great song and Red is full of great songs.Red is just further confirmation that Taylor Swift is one of the greatest singer songwriters in the world today. What I find amazing is that almost every song on every album could be a hit single and those included on this latest offering are no different. Personally I couldn't care less whether a song is deemed country or pop, a great song is a great song and Red is full of great songs. Taylor has written more amazing songs at 22 than most do in a lifetime. Of course Taylor isn't just an incredible songwriter she's also an incredible singer which means Red, like her previous offerings, is a must have album. Expand
  26. May 28, 2013
    Fantastic album, one of the best albums of the year so far. Taylor has a very good voice and her vocals are excellent on the alum, and all the songs are great, especially 22, i knew you were trouble, red, state of grace, stay stay stay, we are never getting back together and begin again.
  27. May 21, 2013
    Taylor Swift! OMG drop acid to my ears, shoot me in the head, but spare me from the dumbness of this woman. Crap music, crap personality, a dumb person, sad! People support this freak with money, but this is how masses think...
  28. May 21, 2013
    To thousands of screaming teenage girls–and a fair share of seedy men–Taylor Swift is a hero. They want to be her. They hate the Harry Styleses/Connor Kennedys/ Taylor Lautners/ John Mayers of the world. Personally, I don’t see it. I mean, I’d definitely try to chat her up if I saw her in a ba, but to me her music represents the relentless homogenization of the pop charts. Just because aTo thousands of screaming teenage girls–and a fair share of seedy men–Taylor Swift is a hero. They want to be her. They hate the Harry Styleses/Connor Kennedys/ Taylor Lautners/ John Mayers of the world. Personally, I don’t see it. I mean, I’d definitely try to chat her up if I saw her in a ba, but to me her music represents the relentless homogenization of the pop charts. Just because a song has a few gently strummed guitars and a female singer doesn’t mean that country music’s finally breaking into the pop charts: people who claim that Taylor represents this should, as Ron Burgundy says, go back to their home on whore island.

It was with a heavy heart, then, that I pressed ‘play’ on Taylor’s latest album, Red. The cover of Red sees Taylor moodily staring at the ground, half her face cast ominously in shadow. This shows that Taylor’s not gonna sing about stupid stuff like “short shorts” and/or “tee shirts” anymore–she’s got some serious, deep to say. The hat she’s wearing shows how country she is. Her red lips match the album cover. She has a new fringe now, too, because she’s not a girl–she’s a woman. The album’s title is written in the same font of the Home Brand jam (and bread and tomato sauce and everything else) that’s in our flat fridge. Rest assured–when the music starts playing, you’ll instantly forget about the cover. You’ll forget about everything. You’ll be transported to a world where anything is possible…even making a totally average album and having it sell millions of copies.

This is the truth: Red isn’t a great album. It isn’t even a good album. It’s that worst of things: a totally mediocre piece of work. When I write an essay I think is good, I’ll be stoked for a while. When I write an essay that’s shockingly, laughably bad, I’m perversely proud that anyone who’s been through 13 years of schooling can produce that level of crap. But (and we all know this feeling) when an essay is totally average, completely middle-of-the-road, not finished in the seconds before it was due but rather abandoned a couple of hours after midnight, you feel totally terrible about yourself. Taylor Swift should feel totally terrible about herself, because Red is totally average. It’s so average that it doesn’t deserve a track-by-track review, because such a review would be average.

The first track, State of Grace, thunders in with a drumbeat that the record company thought was ‘edgy’–loud and fast. It quickly descends into elevator music only interrupted by a chorus that Coldplay would recognise as open plagiarism. Don’t listen to it.
    The title track, ‘Red,’ has banjos in it. I’m guessing it’s her way of tipping her massive HEY I’M FROM NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE hat to Mumford and Sons. She talks about how a breakup was as devastating as “driving a Maserati down a dead end street.” Yes Taylor, because all of your 12-year-old fans have Maseratis (and drivers licences). Don’t listen to it.
    All Too Well has the lyric “You keep my old scarf/ from the very 1st week/ ‘cos it reminds you of innocence/ and smells like me.” It’s a stupid line. It’s like she doesn’t know how to write songs. It made me really angry to listen to. Don’t leave your lying around at other people’s houses, Taylor. Your untidiness is probably why you’re always breaking up with boys.

It’s not all bad, though. The songs “I Knew You Were Trouble” and “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” are brilliant. This isn’t me being a dick: I genuinely think they’re great songs. “I Knew You Were Trouble” has a drop. It could be played in a dubstep club. Also, there’s a hilarious version of it on YouTube where goats sing the chorus. Please watch it. “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” is similarly brilliant: the chorus stays in your head for as long as it takes Taylor to comb her new fringe (which is probably ages because her massive hat messes it up heaps).

All in all, I can see why people look up to Taylor Swift as a hero. She sells millions of albums without showing off her boobs at every opportunity. She doesn’t try and appeal to the average filthy teenagers: her music is aimed squarely at ‘wholesome’ listeners, a market which is diminishing pretty rapidly. She always seems polite; she’s never snapped looking wasted or naked. She should definitely be commended for this, but it cannot make up for the fact that this album is a totally average one.
  29. May 2, 2013
    This album is absolutely the best album that Taylor has ever done. She's very talented and even tho her voice is not very strong and powerful the way she composes her songs is brilliant. Once again congratulations Taylor Swit
  30. Apr 22, 2013
    Taylor Swift, YOU ARE NOT IN MIDDLE SCHOOL ANYMORE, NO ONE CARES IF YOU KNEW HE WAS TROUBLE YOUR GONNA BREAKUP AND WRITE ANOTHER FAKE (POP) COUNRTY SONG WITH NO LYRICAL ADVANCES OR MUSICAL THEN MOVE RIGHT ON TO THE NEXT GUY YOU WHORE AROUND WITH TO MAKE SOME MONEY. Let's be honest here Taylor has an ight voice nothing special, but it could be like 20 songs on the album and 17 are breakup,Taylor Swift, YOU ARE NOT IN MIDDLE SCHOOL ANYMORE, NO ONE CARES IF YOU KNEW HE WAS TROUBLE YOUR GONNA BREAKUP AND WRITE ANOTHER FAKE (POP) COUNRTY SONG WITH NO LYRICAL ADVANCES OR MUSICAL THEN MOVE RIGHT ON TO THE NEXT GUY YOU WHORE AROUND WITH TO MAKE SOME MONEY. Let's be honest here Taylor has an ight voice nothing special, but it could be like 20 songs on the album and 17 are breakup, I hate you, you hurt me, its over songs. She isn't conutry just cause she adds a fiddle or two doesnt count. Thats like saying Miley Cyrus is country her voice is her songs are pure pop. At least Demi Lovato could be called a Rocker "Rock" Chick. Her first 2 albums were mainly rock songs with more of a pop sound. Taylor you need to grow up Miley Cyrus has a husband and you still have 18 boyfriends. You can write but who ever said "One of the greatest songwriters of our generation" should fall back now she can write a breakup song or "love" song that usually end up being bad or heard before. Im sure Lindsy Lohan and Hilary Duff albums sound better then this crap fest. Sorry If Ive offended anyone but she needs to grow up stop dating more then 10 guys a year, writing crappy breakup songs and be mature. Damn even "Can't Be Tamed" was more mature with songs like Robot, Liberty Walk, Forgiveness and Love etc. Expand

1. Jan 23, 2013
    Hearing Taylor Swift sing makes you remember these things, how you can wax poetic one day about the efficacy of love to change lives permanently for the better, and the next rail about how love leads only to pain and heartache.
  2. I like the feisty ones, as I generally do. But "Begin Again" and especially "Stay Stay Stay" stay happy and hit just as hard.
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    More varied in its offerings, but also more disjointed than her previous work, Red sounds like a transitional album for Swift.