6.5

Review this album

1. MichaelM
    Jul 30, 2006
    All I can say is, "What the Hell?!?" At the first song, I thought they were kidding. By the last, I was still hoping that they were, because offering this turd of a Stones rip-off with a straight face would mean that this once mind-melting band has truly given out and given up.
  2. Steve
    Jun 19, 2006
    Extremely disapointing. I love Primal Scream and was expecting something innovative and catchy, which they always manage to do, until now. There's absolutely nothing interesting here. Just a very bland, shallow album.
  3. mikes.
    Jun 18, 2006
    Disappointed, been a fan of them because of their unique sound. They just haven't come up with anything as innovative Xtrmntr, Evil Heat was like Xtrmntr but not as good. Riot City Blues is a complete change in genre and a big disappointment, songwriting is crap, nothing interesting production wise either.
  4. LeonardoF
    Jun 22, 2006
    Very very poor and uninspired album. C'mon guys, hope you return next time with a new 'Vanishing Point', like you did after the catastrophic 'Give Out But Don't Give Up'.
  5. Dagger.
    Nov 21, 2006
    This harkons back to the the southern bar rock shit storm that was Give Out But Don't Give Up. As much as I hate to side with Pitchfork, this record is indeed horrible. Primal Scream is such a weird band in that they can be so groundbeaking and refreshing on some albums, but totally devoid of any substance like we see with this release. "Little Death" and "When The Bomb Drops" are This harkons back to the the southern bar rock shit storm that was Give Out But Don't Give Up. As much as I hate to side with Pitchfork, this record is indeed horrible. Primal Scream is such a weird band in that they can be so groundbeaking and refreshing on some albums, but totally devoid of any substance like we see with this release. "Little Death" and "When The Bomb Drops" are probably the only decent tracks because they sound like nothinbg else on the album. Expand
  6. jons
    Jun 22, 2006
    what a load of bollocks!!

1. "Riot City Blues" starts fairly poorly and gets progressively worse.
  2. Stupid, clich├ęd, utterly ridiculous for sure, but done with so much pizazz that you can't help but fall for its charms.
  3. It's as if Primal Scream have run completely out of ideas and so they've reverted to the detestable fallbacks of honking harmonicas and bar-band choogles, acting like college freshmen who just discovered blues.