6.5

Review this album

1. Jan 17, 2015
    Just a great rock album really. With enough 'alternative' thrown in to make it interesting.

The tempo's high, the riffs great and although the lyrics aren't all gems, the overall effect is memorable. It was a surprise to me after sampling some of their previous efforts. I hadn't expected the full-on rock, but it was a pleasant surprise, a very pleasent surprise! I spent the whole

It was a surprise to me after sampling some of their previous efforts. I hadn't expected the full-on rock, but it was a pleasant surprise, a very pleasent surprise! I spent the whole album waiting for a weak track to appear and, unusually, it never did.

The gentle closing song "Sometimes I Feel So Lonely" hits just the right note as well.

Well done 'Scream!

1. "Riot City Blues" starts fairly poorly and gets progressively worse.
  2. Stupid, clich├ęd, utterly ridiculous for sure, but done with so much pizazz that you can't help but fall for its charms.
  3. It's as if Primal Scream have run completely out of ideas and so they've reverted to the detestable fallbacks of honking harmonicas and bar-band choogles, acting like college freshmen who just discovered blues.