7.8

Review this album

1. Jul 29, 2011
    It tries to be a bit more serious than other Offspring albums, but it still sounds really good. In fact, I'd say this is probably their best album (aside from "Greatest Hits", of course).
  2. Jan 25, 2012
    Punk rock is lost to a generation of retards like these guys and I no longer find the same luster in it as in Green Day and Blink-182 but overall Offspring sucks and when they try to be funny they are just crude and make themselves look like a-holes and they always use curse words at the wrong time and their material and way of writing is just annoying and stupid, Offspring sucks.
  3. Jan 13, 2013
    The usual topics of punk rock songs: drugs, bad politics, how messed up "stuff" is, or breaking up with a girl. They don't reinvent the genre and partly, the riffs and the lyrics aren't even new. Anyway, it's their best album ever and I'd take out 4 songs that I can really enjoy. But the record is no big deal with its sometimes silly lyrics, bad voice of the lead singer and the montony which gets heavier and heavier by the end. Expand
  4. Oct 27, 2012
    I liked This Album is pretty decent it doesn't really go above and Beyond like the earlier offspring Albums but it still manages to work. Stuff is Messed Up is one of the more underrated tracks, it didn't get as much publicity as Your Gonna go Far Kid or Hammerhead. Yet still managing to be just as good as both
  5. Jun 21, 2013
    While this album has a few fun moments it's outbalanced by dull ones. It just seems that Dexter Holland has an inability to write a pop song that doesn't get tedious or boring. And that's not to say that he can't write a decent song. Check out The Offspring's 1989 track 'Beheaded' as a true example of what Mr. Holland is capable of. Clearly, The Offspring are in the wrong genre of music. The only song on the album where I felt interested was on 'Hammerhead' and it's actually a great song. It's just a shame there weren't more like it.
    We need more Hammerhead and less You're Gonna Go Far Kid...

1. It's not that the Offspring sound behind the times on their eighth album, Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace--it's that they sound disconnected from it.
  2. There are potent moments like the rise-and-fall ballad 'Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?' and the fierce 'Nothingtown,' but 'Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace' sounds more like a tentative step in the Offspring's new direction.
  3. The album tends to sag in the middle, and as for those gentler moments, well, one for two isn't bad ('Kristi, Are You Doing Okay?' is OK).