8.5

Review this album

1. Jul 7, 2013
    A collaboration of producer/rapper El-P and rapper Killer Mike is likely the best hip hop album of the year. The flow between the two in most every track (esp. Run the Jewels and Get It) is so fast and clever that you'll be picking up new lines upon multiple listens. No real tracks to skip, and El-P is such a strong producer giving the tracks themselves small nuances requiring a strong speaker system. Blows away anything the other popular Hip Hop tag team is spitting out these days. Expand
  2. Jul 3, 2014
    Man, Killer Mike went from being an above average Atlanta rapper to amazing in a very short time. Not as good as 2012's RAP Music, Run the Jewels is still a worthy successor. The production from track to track is similar enough to make the album cohesive, but not similar enough to sound repetitive.
    El-P and Mike have very different styles, but they complement each other in all the right
    ways, even though Mike seems to be more in the forefront of the vocals than El-P is, El-P still contributes largely to what makes this such a great album.
    Also, they released it for free, so what are you waiting for? LISTEN!
  3. N10
    Oct 8, 2013
    Album of the year material. Nuff said actually when they've earlier proven their great projects together, as seen on last years "R.A.P. Music". I love this, more, give us more of this. A duo that actually stands-out and fight each other with hungry verses, something the mainstream scene is missing out. An album like "Watch The Throne" just ended up boring at the end of the day, with too much "I'm giving you this, look I'm at the top just bragging about the dough I've got, *non competitive* with this poppy ass hook" and less "I'm going out with this raw verses, I'm the best, try and get me". See and learn, Killer Mike and El-P got this, their chemistry between each other is better than the most, that is what matter at the end.

"Run The Jewels" is a fantastic record!

1. Jan 27, 2014
    The electro-inspired beats and declamatory rhymes are just as uncompromising and unorthodox as before. [Oct 2013, p.107]
    It’s a masterful set, stuffed with brooding, industrial-synth beats.
  3. Jan 9, 2014
    Run the Jewels is remarkably fun.