6.5

Review this album

1. Mar 5, 2014
    Kid Cudi is back. Or rather, The Man on the Moon is going back to his original habitat. I was never a fan of WZRD, but I kept respecting Kid Cudi for what he does and how he does it. Indicud was more my kind of thing, but Satellite Flight is literally Cudi's ascension to the Moon. The album is a preface for Man on the Moon III, and it prepares you splendidly for this adventure. Be sure toKid Cudi is back. Or rather, The Man on the Moon is going back to his original habitat. I was never a fan of WZRD, but I kept respecting Kid Cudi for what he does and how he does it. Indicud was more my kind of thing, but Satellite Flight is literally Cudi's ascension to the Moon. The album is a preface for Man on the Moon III, and it prepares you splendidly for this adventure. Be sure to check out Balmain Jeans! Expand
  2. Mar 4, 2014
    I usually write proper reviews but I'm not even gonna bother for this, too many retards thinking experimental/alternative hip hop music is bad because they have nothing like it. KID CUDI IS ON TOP MOTHER ****
  3. Aug 19, 2015
    Negative reviews are probably coming from the same people that can't stand to pimp a butterfly but are just dickriding. Gotta love the production and the lyrics.
    A big shout out to Cudi for being one of the reasons not to commit suicide. Can't wait for motm3.
    -breaklimbs
  4. Jul 19, 2014
    A concise introduction to the future Kid Cudi. I love and will always appreciate Cudi's experimental type of hip hop. This is a better project than Indicud was, and bodes well for his next album. The instrumentals got slightly repetitive if you weren't high. Balmain Jeans was nowhere near as good as people who don't regularly listen to Cudi would have you think. Best tracks were InternalA concise introduction to the future Kid Cudi. I love and will always appreciate Cudi's experimental type of hip hop. This is a better project than Indicud was, and bodes well for his next album. The instrumentals got slightly repetitive if you weren't high. Balmain Jeans was nowhere near as good as people who don't regularly listen to Cudi would have you think. Best tracks were Internal Bleeding and Troubled Boy. ~ 7.6/10 Expand
  5. Mar 12, 2014
    Good album, could be great but is too short and Internal Bleeding is just horrible. The intro is awesome, Balmain Jeans is terrific and Too Bad I Have To Destroy You is epic. Definitively a good album, not a masterpiece.
  6. Apr 22, 2014
    Work of art.Here Kid cudi is being different with potential classics like Troubled boy and Too bad i have to destroy you.However the song Balmain Jeans has somewhat annoying lyrics.
  7. Mar 9, 2015
    Satellite Flight is unique to modern hip-hop. It is futuristic sounding not only due to the theme of space travel, but also because it is a new direction in hip-hop. Kid Cudi is known for his individual style of music, and has applied the theme of space before. Two of his earlier albums, Man on the Moon, and Man on the Moon II were about loneliness and self-reliance and were closer toSatellite Flight is unique to modern hip-hop. It is futuristic sounding not only due to the theme of space travel, but also because it is a new direction in hip-hop. Kid Cudi is known for his individual style of music, and has applied the theme of space before. Two of his earlier albums, Man on the Moon, and Man on the Moon II were about loneliness and self-reliance and were closer to generic hip-hop. Then came Indicud, which did not use the space theme as much but was much more experimental. Satellite Flight is Kid Cudi's most experimental work so far. The music is made up of only synthesizers and some electric guitar, and of course, Kid Cudi's voice. To me and probably other people it's unlike anything heard before. The first time I listened to Satellite Flight, I thought the album was mediocre and some of the album's structure was awkwardly assembled. After I listened to it a few more times it started to grow on me and felt more organic. The songs are catchy, but not in the traditional way. The album is very melodic, featuring only one song with rapping in it: Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now. Many of the songs have long instrumental gaps between lyrics, and a few songs like Destination: Mother Moon, In My Dreams 2015, and Return of the Moon Man are completely instrumental. The song lyrics don't have the deepest meanings to them. But as far as originality and just making the songs sound different goes, I'd say Kid Cudi nailed it. Expand
  8. Mar 24, 2015
    I'm a person who invites experimental design into their catalog for a artist. With Cudi I feel as if he's on the deep edge of space. What I mean by that is he's finding relative tunes that some what correlate to his previous work and smashing it together with new features. He's been lacking substance since MOTMII I feel, this album is a reasonable successor to his spaceship ride though.
  9. Jan 18, 2016
    Satellite Flight is not an album moreso it's an experience. I can say there's only 1 song that I'd listen to while chilling (Going To The Ceremony) but if you give this a proper listen (with a drink maybe) you'll find that this is an extremely enjoyable album. Also, there's the fact that Scott released 2 great albums in less than a year. Kid Cudi is probably the most innovative artist ofSatellite Flight is not an album moreso it's an experience. I can say there's only 1 song that I'd listen to while chilling (Going To The Ceremony) but if you give this a proper listen (with a drink maybe) you'll find that this is an extremely enjoyable album. Also, there's the fact that Scott released 2 great albums in less than a year. Kid Cudi is probably the most innovative artist of this generation. Every album he releases is different and that's the best part of his music, you never know what you're in for.

Best song:Going To The Ceremony

Worst song:Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now

1. Mar 25, 2014
    Aside from these three songs [“Balmain Jeans,” “Going To the Ceremony,” and “Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now”], there’s little reason to listen to Satellite Flight. Only the biggest of Kid Cudi fans will be able to squeeze much enjoyment out of the remaining seven tracks here.
  2. Mar 25, 2014
    Cudi's Satellite signal needs some descrambling, but his core cadets likely read him loud and clear.
  3. Mar 18, 2014
    To navigate successfully around a Kid Cudi album, then, is to get really good at squinting at the periphery.