Songs From Black Mountain

5.7

Review this album

1. MArtinJ
    Jan 8, 2007
    13 years ago 8 million America got a copy of throwing copper 13 years later only 50,000 people got a copy of their recent album
  2. SlyJ
    Aug 11, 2006
    Nauseatingly horrible, especially compared to their earlier masterpieces (Mental Jewelry, Throwing Copper, TDTH). I'm embarrassed to say that I used to like this band.
  3. CharlieM
    Aug 22, 2006
    This is one of those albums I really wished I had listened to before I bought it. Although many say they have been less than impressive of late, I purchased the CD because I genuinly like their music, ever since watching their monumental performance on MTV Unplugged. This release just doesn't do anything for me, in fact (lyrically) it actually makes me cringe at times. Such a shame.
  4. EricC.
    Sep 18, 2007
    They released one really good album, and have been struggling ever since. Some bands just aren't made to last.

1. It's the sound of the band maturing, and while it's certainly more laid-back than any of Live's previous records, that low-key approach feels right for the music on Songs from Black Mountain and helps make it one of their most consistent and successful records.
  2. Live has settled too comfortably into the skin of a middle-of-the-road rock act. [17 Jun 2006]
  3. Proves they can still write hummable pop-metal anthems and equally clunky lyrics. [16 Jun 2006, p.75]