St. Anger - Metallica
5.7

Review this album

1. Sep 13, 2012
    1/10 simply because they actually made money of this piece of garbage. I have no idea why anyone would like this album but I guess some people really,really like Metallica.
  2. Mar 8, 2013
    I can't believe it. I can't even listen to this album without a break. Are we sure that it is by Metallica? Drums sounds like spoons hitting a pot. And it's difficult to find one good song. Horrible.
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    This is a Mixed bag for me. I thought some songs were ok and others terrible.. To be honest the whole album is really nothing special. St.Anger and Frantic are the 2 Best Songs on the Album. Not an improvement of Load. Reload or any album prior. Hands Down the Worst Metallica Album Ever.
  4. Dec 22, 2012
    Wow. This is incredibly awful. I can't believe it took them 7 years to release this. It's as if they were a bunch of 14 years olds sitting around in a garage with a guitar, getting incredibly drunk, when they decided to record this. Realising they had no drums they must have grabbed some garbage cans from the side of the road, brought them inside and started making music. Later on the same day they must have gotten some recording equipment brought around for them and 2 hours later, after making pretty much the same noise, released this. There was absolutely none of their classic masterful craftsmanship put into this album. Expand
  5. Feb 8, 2014
    Drum sounds really AWFUL!! Repetitive, simple and boring riffs; no SOLOS and terrible vocal. Forget thrash, it's not even metal. That's all I can say about this failure. DO NOT LISTEN IT!!!

This is miffed and exemplary metal. [Jul 2003, p.108]
    Against all odds, St. Anger constitutes the cutting edge of commercial yet aggressive heavy rock in 2003. [Aug 2003, p.106]
  3. The production on St. Anger is abysmal.