Stars Dance - Selena Gomez
5.7

Review this album

1. Jul 23, 2013
    It is one of the best albums of the year! With good vocals, very catchy tunes and two amazing singles released before hand Selena has really outdone herself proving that she is definitely one of the leading pop stars of 2013. The album itself is very diverse, with Like A Champion having a jamaican vibe to it, to Come And Get It with a hindi tune to the dance heavy B.E.A.T and Birthday to the more intimate Love Will Remember and Nobody Does It Like You to hopefully the albums next single Save The Day. The album has a great resemblance to a Shakira or perhaps Rihanna album and is definitely worth the wait! Expand
  2. Jul 23, 2013
    One of the best pop albuns of the years. Selena is not that pretty little girl anymore. Now she's trying to be a woman, and she's doing it right. The album is so good and you feel like you're in a party all the time, but when starts "Love Will Remember" is like you remind all your love problems back. The only one song is not good is Write Your Name, but I still can listem to that.
  3. Jul 23, 2013
    Not her best, but probably one of the best dance/pop albums of the year. She is very involved in the design of this album, wrote some of the songs. His voice is much stronger and beautiful. Congratulations!
  4. Jul 26, 2013
    Selena Gomez has yet another album that makes me want to dance to it. I really like it because all of the songs have that vibe to it that is really dance able to. Birthday Is a really awesome song you can clap to on your own birthday! B.E.A.T has a kind of vibe like Ke$ha's Tik Tok! Come and Get It has an indian vibe to it that is spiritual and really a greatly written song. Forget Forever is a lovely song about her break up with Justin Bieber. Like A Champion is an awesome song to dance to with a reggae and Jamaican vibe. Love Will Remember is a sweet song. All in all, this album will be a hit that I think is going to be brought on ITunes by many! Expand
  5. Aug 30, 2013
    Amazing album. Catchy tunes, amazing beats and decent vocals makes Stars Dance her best album yet. She really did a good job on it, definitely worth the wait. She is the living proof that growing up doesn't mean be vulgar, or whatever. Just make good music, with more mature music and sound overall.

Best ones: Birthday, Like a Champion, Slow Down, and the top 10 hit single "Come & Get It"
  6. Jul 23, 2013
    This album is amazing, you can listen without skipping any tracks. Every track is amazing and lovely. 'Love Will Remember' shows how Selena can be a good songwriter.
  7. Sep 6, 2013
    Absolutely love this album! Great vocals, catchy tunes, and love the drums! Don't know why everyone is hating on it...great everything. Guys, it went to #1, why is it bad?
  8. Oct 17, 2013
  9. Jul 23, 2013
    Selena always doing good and soothing music. This time she's putting us to dance even more. When you ready come and get this amazing album, with amazing songs.
  10. Jul 26, 2013
    With this album she has really come out in the music scene having a great pop, trap and hip style that will do great in the clubs. Many may take time to accept this trap side but eventually will have to.
  11. Sep 13, 2013
    selena make a good job with this album. Is so fantastic She left her side disney teen and is now a grown woman I'm so happy to see the growth of this girl, the way she has matured so fast. no words to speak
  12. Sep 27, 2013
    I'm loving this album. Although some of the songs are overproduced, they are still catchy. Every single song managed to capture my attention (a reference to the song SLOW DOWN lol). My favorite would have to be LIKE A CHAMPION. it's a definite champ to me and would love it to be the next single.
  13. Nov 11, 2013
    This is the second cd I wanted to review, for the same reason, I think it is so under-rated. I am a 45 year old male and I recall how critics ripped Madonna's Like a Virgin CD apart, and I love that one too. Shame on you, critic, for saying that Selena is screaming like a whore on Birthday when she has become a sensual young woman whoever wrote that review is a pervert. Selena is so talented and I sincerely like every song on this cd it is so fun and so high energy and. like will.i am's cd, it is one of my favorite gym cd's this year Selena please do not pay attention to the haters you WILL be the next JLO! Expand
  14. Dec 26, 2013
    SELENA CRESCEU E SE TORNOU UMA GRANDE ARTISTA. SUAS MÚSICAS TRAZEM A FELICIDADE E CONTAGIA. ELA QUERIA PASSAR UMA MENSAGEM DE CURTIR UM POUCO NÓS MESMOS, BRINCANDO COM NOSSAS SITUAÇÕES PROBLEMÁTICAS E MAIS TOLAS DE NOSSAS VIDAS.
  15. Feb 3, 2014
    I think Selena made a good job!
    She isnt Have a big/strong voice,but this is pretty good!
    If You wanna have fun You Have to Listen Stars Dance of SG!
  16. Apr 15, 2014
    Great album. She has a really good voice. She really evolved from her Disney songs. Not to mention she is beautiful, she also has a bright future ahead of her.
  17. Feb 22, 2014
    The songs, although far from powerful, was catchy and I think that, although she is armed with a very limited range, she can make good songs, the only thing that is keeping me from giving her full marks is the fact that all her songs are very autotuned. Her vocals are less showcased and most of her music is just background beats, not really singer material. Anyways, great album! She totally deserved the number 1 spot in the Billboard 200! Expand
  18. May 10, 2014
    "Critics" and such are human first and foremost, so bias and prejudice, which influences the great masses, must be a given. They praise A. Grande why? The girl CAN sing but so far in her 3 singles she has mostly failed the critics hype and favoritism (IF they were honorable "critics"). MUSIC. Although Selena doesn't have strong noticeable vocals, her VOICE is beautiful (check out her acoustic covers [if you are HONEST you will see she sings beautifully]). However, Stars Dance IS her poorer album of her 4. Kiss & Tell has been her best, then When The Sun Goes Down, then...But if Hiss & tell was her best (or whichever you think), why didn't they do better? Hispanics but specially Mexicans, are not liked in the USA, where the great majority of Trends start, and so such "hate" on (Selena) them must be followed worldwide. Selena's music is OVERALL better than many BIG time hits, but guess what?! Bigotry/Prejudice, led by pop culture' massive dumbing of the world, makes people, whether common or professional, hateful and/or prejudice.

They call Selena's music "Bubble Gum" type? While few of her songs have been such, MOST haven't, but as I've said, the world is Prejudice, and in the USA, mostly towards Mexicans, in which Selena Gomez has been made THE Selected Target of such "hate", and everything is twisted to make her and her music APPEAR as nothing more than kids music.

They say A. Grande' music is mature and Good, yet, fail to see see actually ROBBED Mariah's most unique voice. Fail to see that, while she can sing, she has failed to showcase such vocals in her singles (she whispers, sings with her nostrils, and is hardly audible). Her music is typical of hihpop/r&b. Yet, she is praised? I like(d) her, but the mass bias towards Selena has made me start supporting Hispanic artists, tho mainly Selena (since she IS THE one with a Target on her back).
  19. Jun 6, 2014
    This album is best Selena Gomez's album.This album show us how Selena from teenage girl turns to woman.A lot of genres in this album.Good vocal.With this album she shows us that,without &The Scene can have better achievements in music.Stars Dance is also best-selling album of Selena Gomez at this time(2014).
  20. Jun 29, 2014
    A great album, perfect musical combinations, and Gomez is a great singer. She did not need to show your body to sell music.
    Best vocals and best singer.
  21. Jul 11, 2014
    I was pleasantly surprised by this album, upon seeing the packaging and reading the tracklist I assumed it would be a compilation of slow-paced boring ex-Disney star songs. I couldn't have been more wrong. The overall production of the album is of an excellent standard and it is one of the few albums in recent years which I can listen to every track on. Album highlights include 'Birthday', 'Like A Champion', 'B.E.A.T' & 'Nobody Does It Like You'. Album lowlights are the lead single 'Come & Get It' which gets horrifically repetitive after a couple of times, and 'I Like It That Way' in which Gomez seems to refer to her Disney girl state and creates a childish, pre-teen girl song.

The album still beats other ex-Disney stars efforts such as Miley Cyrus' 'Bangerz' or Demi Lovato's 'Demi' and I definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys energy filled pop music.

1. Jul 30, 2013
    The whirring Stars Dance is a confident but not aggressively blatant move to a more grown-up pop playing field.
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    What's left, then, is a collection of 11 shinily produced pop songs that find Gomez trying on a series of different personalities with her slight-yet-capable vocals.
  3. Jul 23, 2013
    Stars Dance is exactly the kind of album one makes in 2013 if you want to keep the pop sugar of the Disney tween cabal but mix in some broken glass and a club bathroom nosebleed.