Stars Dance

5.9

Review this album

1. Feb 18, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Stars Dance" álbum da Selena Gomez é com certeza um álbum que eu compraria sem pensar duas vezes. É um álbum animado, divertido, com uma ótima sonoridade. Músicas animadas como "Come and get it" e as tristes e calmas porém com uma letra ótima, como "Love Will Remember". Expand
  2. Jul 23, 2013
    One of the best pop albuns of the years. Selena is not that pretty little girl anymore. Now she's trying to be a woman, and she's doing it right. The album is so good and you feel like you're in a party all the time, but when starts "Love Will Remember" is like you remind all your love problems back. The only one song is not good is Write Your Name, but I still can listem to that.
  3. Jul 23, 2013
    It is one of the best albums of the year! With good vocals, very catchy tunes and two amazing singles released before hand Selena has really outdone herself proving that she is definitely one of the leading pop stars of 2013. The album itself is very diverse, with Like A Champion having a jamaican vibe to it, to Come And Get It with a hindi tune to the dance heavy B.E.A.T and Birthday toIt is one of the best albums of the year! With good vocals, very catchy tunes and two amazing singles released before hand Selena has really outdone herself proving that she is definitely one of the leading pop stars of 2013. The album itself is very diverse, with Like A Champion having a jamaican vibe to it, to Come And Get It with a hindi tune to the dance heavy B.E.A.T and Birthday to the more intimate Love Will Remember and Nobody Does It Like You to hopefully the albums next single Save The Day. The album has a great resemblance to a Shakira or perhaps Rihanna album and is definitely worth the wait! Expand
  4. Aug 30, 2013
    Amazing album. Catchy tunes, amazing beats and decent vocals makes Stars Dance her best album yet. She really did a good job on it, definitely worth the wait. She is the living proof that growing up doesn't mean be vulgar, or whatever. Just make good music, with more mature music and sound overall.

Best ones: Birthday, Like a Champion, Slow Down, and the top 10 hit single "Come & Get It"
  5. Jul 27, 2013
    "Stars Dance," Selena Gomez's debut solo album, is clearly one of the most highly anticipated releases of 2013. It not only showcases true talent, but experiments with a variety of genres, from electronic to dub step. Gomez, who just recently turned 21 after the release of "Stars Dance," also demonstrates a new approach for the singer to the music business, as it's different from her"Stars Dance," Selena Gomez's debut solo album, is clearly one of the most highly anticipated releases of 2013. It not only showcases true talent, but experiments with a variety of genres, from electronic to dub step. Gomez, who just recently turned 21 after the release of "Stars Dance," also demonstrates a new approach for the singer to the music business, as it's different from her three previous albums that she had done with her band, The Scene ("Kiss & Tell," "A Year Without Rain," and "When the Sun Goes Down").

Track-by-Track Review:

1. "Birthday" 8/10; a great way to start off the album
    2. "Slow Down" 9/10; "Slow Down" is an ultra-catchy track with an infectious hook
    3. "Stars Dance" 6/10; has a nice beat, but definitely not the best song on the album
    4. "Like a Champion" 3/10; catchy, but probably the worst song on the album
    5. "Come & Get It" 9/10; probably one of the best songs on the album
    6. "Forget Forever" 8/10; it has a nice beat and some good lyrics to go along with it
    7. "Save the Day" 10/10; definitely the best song on the entire album
    8. "B.E.A.T." 6.5/10; a good song, but nothing too special
    9. "Write Your Name" 8/10; a song that stands out on the album and is indeed very catchy
    10. "Undercover" 9/10; a song that clearly separates itself from the rest of the record
    11. "Love Will Remember" 7/10; a good way to end the album
  6. Sep 6, 2013
    Absolutely love this album! Great vocals, catchy tunes, and love the drums! Don't know why everyone is hating on it...great everything. Guys, it went to #1, why is it bad?
  7. Oct 17, 2013
  8. Nov 11, 2013
    This is the second cd I wanted to review, for the same reason, I think it is so under-rated. I am a 45 year old male and I recall how critics ripped Madonna's Like a Virgin CD apart, and I love that one too. Shame on you, critic, for saying that Selena is screaming like a whore on Birthday when she has become a sensual young woman whoever wrote that review is a pervert. Selena is soThis is the second cd I wanted to review, for the same reason, I think it is so under-rated. I am a 45 year old male and I recall how critics ripped Madonna's Like a Virgin CD apart, and I love that one too. Shame on you, critic, for saying that Selena is screaming like a whore on Birthday when she has become a sensual young woman whoever wrote that review is a pervert. Selena is so talented and I sincerely like every song on this cd it is so fun and so high energy and. like will.i am's cd, it is one of my favorite gym cd's this year Selena please do not pay attention to the haters you WILL be the next JLO! Expand
  9. Dec 26, 2013
    SELENA CRESCEU E SE TORNOU UMA GRANDE ARTISTA. SUAS MÚSICAS TRAZEM A FELICIDADE E CONTAGIA. ELA QUERIA PASSAR UMA MENSAGEM DE CURTIR UM POUCO NÓS MESMOS, BRINCANDO COM NOSSAS SITUAÇÕES PROBLEMÁTICAS E MAIS TOLAS DE NOSSAS VIDAS.
  10. Feb 3, 2014
    I think Selena made a good job!
    She isnt Have a big/strong voice,but this is pretty good!
    If You wanna have fun You Have to Listen Stars Dance of SG!
  11. Feb 27, 2014
    I was quite happy with this album. Stars Dance is better than all of Selena's previous albums. The songs are less childish, which is good, cause the Selenators who used to listen to Kiss & Tell in 2009, have grown, so they need growth in music. I think there's a lot of influence by Britney Spears on this album, which is also good, cause I love Britney. The beats on Stars Dance really makeI was quite happy with this album. Stars Dance is better than all of Selena's previous albums. The songs are less childish, which is good, cause the Selenators who used to listen to Kiss & Tell in 2009, have grown, so they need growth in music. I think there's a lot of influence by Britney Spears on this album, which is also good, cause I love Britney. The beats on Stars Dance really make you wanna dance, so I get the title. I love the fact that Selena put a lot of dubstep on this. Sel experimented with a lot of different genres and I think she did a good thing doing that. Still, she's not the world's greatest singer. Her voice is very breathy, which makes songs like "Come & Get It" fit perfectly to her voice. Other songs, however, like "Nobody Does It Like You" are too high for her. This causes the high notes to sound kind of irritating. I also think the bonus tracks are extremely bad. But, the rest of the album is really good. My personal favorites are its title track, "Stars Dance", "Undercover", "Slow Down" and "Forget Forever". Expand
  12. Dec 17, 2014
    A good album to dance and have fun. But overuse of auto tune on some music and she forgot to focus on the quality of the songs, but is good to hear.
    Highlights: Birthday and Love Will Remember
    Lows: Write Your Name and Stars Dance
  13. Jul 23, 2013
    This album is amazing, you can listen without skipping any tracks. Every track is amazing and lovely. 'Love Will Remember' shows how Selena can be a good songwriter.
  14. Jul 26, 2013
    Selena Gomez has yet another album that makes me want to dance to it. I really like it because all of the songs have that vibe to it that is really dance able to. Birthday Is a really awesome song you can clap to on your own birthday! B.E.A.T has a kind of vibe like Ke$ha's Tik Tok! Come and Get It has an indian vibe to it that is spiritual and really a greatly written song. Forget ForeverSelena Gomez has yet another album that makes me want to dance to it. I really like it because all of the songs have that vibe to it that is really dance able to. Birthday Is a really awesome song you can clap to on your own birthday! B.E.A.T has a kind of vibe like Ke$ha's Tik Tok! Come and Get It has an indian vibe to it that is spiritual and really a greatly written song. Forget Forever is a lovely song about her break up with Justin Bieber. Like A Champion is an awesome song to dance to with a reggae and Jamaican vibe. Love Will Remember is a sweet song. All in all, this album will be a hit that I think is going to be brought on ITunes by many! Expand
  15. Jul 23, 2013
    Not her best, but probably one of the best dance/pop albums of the year. She is very involved in the design of this album, wrote some of the songs. His voice is much stronger and beautiful. Congratulations!
  16. Jul 24, 2013
    I have listened to all of Selena Gomez's album, and I think Star Dance is one of her best. Among the songs I liked are Star dance, come & get it and slow down.
  17. Jul 26, 2013
    With this album she has really come out in the music scene having a great pop, trap and hip style that will do great in the clubs. Many may take time to accept this trap side but eventually will have to.
  18. Sep 13, 2013
    selena make a good job with this album. Is so fantastic She left her side disney teen and is now a grown woman I'm so happy to see the growth of this girl, the way she has matured so fast. no words to speak
  19. Sep 27, 2013
    I'm loving this album. Although some of the songs are overproduced, they are still catchy. Every single song managed to capture my attention (a reference to the song SLOW DOWN lol). My favorite would have to be LIKE A CHAMPION. it's a definite champ to me and would love it to be the next single.
  20. Oct 8, 2013
    Selena Gomez' latest is evidently a dance oriented work, with no further intentions, and I have to say that it fills the expectations. The most important thing of this album is something that lacks in others: balance. Plus, the songs are well-sequenced, which gives the album some extra points. Songs are funny, despite the massive use of autotune. You can listen the album from beginning toSelena Gomez' latest is evidently a dance oriented work, with no further intentions, and I have to say that it fills the expectations. The most important thing of this album is something that lacks in others: balance. Plus, the songs are well-sequenced, which gives the album some extra points. Songs are funny, despite the massive use of autotune. You can listen the album from beginning to end easily. "Come and get it", "Save the day" and "Music feels better" (this last one with a slight eighties touch) are catchy, and that's more than you can ask from a Selena Gomez album. The production is also clean, and finally, this maybe is not a great album, miss Gomez vocals are not the best in industry,. but ithis work shows more pros than cons and that's why I'll give this release a positive score. Expand
  21. Apr 15, 2014
    Great album. She has a really good voice. She really evolved from her Disney songs. Not to mention she is beautiful, she also has a bright future ahead of her.
  22. Jul 23, 2013
    Selena always doing good and soothing music. This time she's putting us to dance even more. When you ready come and get this amazing album, with amazing songs.
  23. Jul 29, 2013
    This album is fun, delightful, and enlightening. All music is dance, which blands it out a little nu ti enjoy the songs. If you're taking it on a real serious note then you have to get a hold of yourself. Of course its some pop crap but its enjoyable. There are only a couple of songs with very little amount of meaning but it directs more of the dance culture but its a feel good album. HerThis album is fun, delightful, and enlightening. All music is dance, which blands it out a little nu ti enjoy the songs. If you're taking it on a real serious note then you have to get a hold of yourself. Of course its some pop crap but its enjoyable. There are only a couple of songs with very little amount of meaning but it directs more of the dance culture but its a feel good album. Her voice of course isn't great, and what we are listening to is nothing too are from a scale from 1 10 of inappropriateness for the youngins would be 4 or 5 depending on how you feel for your child's ears. Nothing explicit. No original content, but its for fun. Show some love and lighten up a little. Quality and production is cool. Vocals are below average. Expand
  24. Feb 22, 2014
    The songs, although far from powerful, was catchy and I think that, although she is armed with a very limited range, she can make good songs, the only thing that is keeping me from giving her full marks is the fact that all her songs are very autotuned. Her vocals are less showcased and most of her music is just background beats, not really singer material. Anyways, great album! SheThe songs, although far from powerful, was catchy and I think that, although she is armed with a very limited range, she can make good songs, the only thing that is keeping me from giving her full marks is the fact that all her songs are very autotuned. Her vocals are less showcased and most of her music is just background beats, not really singer material. Anyways, great album! She totally deserved the number 1 spot in the Billboard 200! Expand
  25. May 10, 2014
    "Critics" and such are human first and foremost, so bias and prejudice, which influences the great masses, must be a given. They praise A. Grande why? The girl CAN sing but so far in her 3 singles she has mostly failed the critics hype and favoritism (IF they were honorable "critics"). MUSIC. Although Selena doesn't have strong noticeable vocals, her VOICE is beautiful (check out her"Critics" and such are human first and foremost, so bias and prejudice, which influences the great masses, must be a given. They praise A. Grande why? The girl CAN sing but so far in her 3 singles she has mostly failed the critics hype and favoritism (IF they were honorable "critics"). MUSIC. Although Selena doesn't have strong noticeable vocals, her VOICE is beautiful (check out her acoustic covers [if you are HONEST you will see she sings beautifully]). However, Stars Dance IS her poorer album of her 4. Kiss & Tell has been her best, then When The Sun Goes Down, then...But if Hiss & tell was her best (or whichever you think), why didn't they do better? Hispanics but specially Mexicans, are not liked in the USA, where the great majority of Trends start, and so such "hate" on (Selena) them must be followed worldwide. Selena's music is OVERALL better than many BIG time hits, but guess what?! Bigotry/Prejudice, led by pop culture' massive dumbing of the world, makes people, whether common or professional, hateful and/or prejudice.

They call Selena's music "Bubble Gum" type? While few of her songs have been such, MOST haven't, but as I've said, the world is Prejudice, and in the USA, mostly towards Mexicans, in which Selena Gomez has been made THE Selected Target of such "hate", and everything is twisted to make her and her music APPEAR as nothing more than kids music.

They say A. Grande' music is mature and Good, yet, fail to see see actually ROBBED Mariah's most unique voice. Fail to see that, while she can sing, she has failed to showcase such vocals in her singles (she whispers, sings with her nostrils, and is hardly audible). Her music is typical of hihpop/r&b. Yet, she is praised? I like(d) her, but the mass bias towards Selena has made me start supporting Hispanic artists, tho mainly Selena (since she IS THE one with a Target on her back).
  26. Jun 29, 2014
    A great album, perfect musical combinations, and Gomez is a great singer. She did not need to show your body to sell music.
    Best vocals and best singer.
  27. Jul 11, 2014
    I was pleasantly surprised by this album, upon seeing the packaging and reading the tracklist I assumed it would be a compilation of slow-paced boring ex-Disney star songs. I couldn't have been more wrong. The overall production of the album is of an excellent standard and it is one of the few albums in recent years which I can listen to every track on. Album highlights include 'Birthday',I was pleasantly surprised by this album, upon seeing the packaging and reading the tracklist I assumed it would be a compilation of slow-paced boring ex-Disney star songs. I couldn't have been more wrong. The overall production of the album is of an excellent standard and it is one of the few albums in recent years which I can listen to every track on. Album highlights include 'Birthday', 'Like A Champion', 'B.E.A.T' & 'Nobody Does It Like You'. Album lowlights are the lead single 'Come & Get It' which gets horrifically repetitive after a couple of times, and 'I Like It That Way' in which Gomez seems to refer to her Disney girl state and creates a childish, pre-teen girl song.

The album still beats other ex-Disney stars efforts such as Miley Cyrus' 'Bangerz' or Demi Lovato's 'Demi' and I definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys energy filled pop music.
  28. Oct 26, 2014
    Exelente album com musicas otimas o single com mais destaque Come & Get It exelente otimo debut porem nao continuou a venda inicial devido a falta de divulgação da gravadora
  29. Jul 11, 2014
    I found a great dance album, really. 5 music has qualities to be singles. But I think I missed a small part of Selena Gomez. Somewhat lacking identity in some of his songs.
  30. May 4, 2015
    This album is definitively much better than her last two, it has a more mature sound and better vocals. She has more input in this album and actually co-writing some of the songs. It's different in a good way, she is growing into a serious artist for sure
  31. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The release of highly anticipated 'Stars Dance' by growing performer Selena Gomez proves to be a well-produced, catchy and nicely delivered piece of teen electro-pop, with several light and fixable flaws.
    Track no. 1 is Birthday', a punky song which does not only suit the singer perfectly, but proves to bear a unique sound accompanied by a banging bass, handclaps and crazy beats, perfect for a confident album opener.
    'Slow Down' follows, with a simple but catchy electro-pop chorus that shows why it was chosen as the second single. Nothing completely new, but still fun to listen, bragging a terrific hook for dancing.
    Next is title track 'Stars Dance', which stands out as an orchestral-dubstep song which captures the listener's ear since the very stringy beginning. One of the best songs in the album, it falls out of the 'title track is terrible' cliché, and lets Gomez showcase her vocal ability without overdoing production.
    'Like a Champion' is a breezy, tribal-like piece of dancehall pop. It barely manages to grasp the album's concept while still briefly departing from loud electro-pop bangs and bursts, quite well may I add.
    Lead single 'Come & Get It' is the album's smash hit, a stand-out on 'Stars Dance'. Following it's previous track's sound, it expands it with Indian background singing and a nice touch of electronic runs. It falls prey, however, to predictability and somewhat floppy lyrics.
    'Forget Forever' is a personal favorite. With nicly controlled vocals, and a refreshing, sing-along chorus, it succeeds in it's purpose. It also lyrically departs the album's previous 'please don't leave me' concept and successfully takes on a 'forget you ever knew my name' punch line.
    'Save The Day' is musically more of the same, however, it's pumping beats and Gomez' immersive vocals lead us onto a fantastic dubstep chorus and latin-like bridge. It shares a strange similarity with track 'Come & Get It' though, which both benefits and harms the singer's presentation.
    'B.E.A.T.' has Gomez' vocals being messed and tampered with for about 3/4 of the song, which is not new, but manages to captivate us with a stuttering b-b-b-beat. Repetitive, yes, cute, yes, ultimately annoying, also.
    As 'Write Your Name' begins, it seems to be taking a break from what we have been hearing, but as it approaches a banging dance-pop chorus we can't help but fall for it's catchy-yet-familiar tune. Smartly produced and with a suprisingly lovely rap verse by Gomez, it proves to be yet another hit-making material.
    'Undercover' is both the nearest to a Guetta-like produced song and the highlight of the album (which is strangely disappointing). It features the album's different-but-the-same electro-pop arrangement in the chorus, but it's definitely a manically dancy song which keeps us waiting for that electronic explosion we've been technically hearing throughout 'Stars Dance', and to be able to do that half an hour into the album, is already a success.
    'Love Will Remember' is the ballad of the album, and based upon the excessively covered relationship the singer had with Canadian artist Justin Bieber. Dramatically soothing, and awkwardly emotional, it's in the top 3 tracks from 'Stars Dance', with Gomez' vocals refreshingly undisturbed (mostly). However, many are likely to not make it this far in the album due to it's constant formula, leaving this love story unheard.

Two deluxe tracks followed the original release:

'Nobody Does It Like You' is a fun yet hollow song that barely saves itself from falling into the 'oh, again' category with a good dubstep chorus. It is, though, very similar to 'Slow Down', and since the latter's become a single, this track loses the little potential that surfaced.
    'Music Feels Better' is the thirteenth and final track on 'Stars Dance'. It surpiringly showcases a 90's disco spirit and it's fun, carefree delivery is mainly the reason for a Deluxe purchase of the album.

Overall, 'Stars Dance' is a fantastically produced, well-delivered record that, whilst falling victim to predictable electro-pop situations, takes Selena Gomez' promising career and pushes it a step forward and away from Disney Queen status. Her new sound and direction suits her well, and fit nicely in her career, as 'Selena Gomez & the Scene' fans awaiting the band's return are sure to find 'Stars Dance' worthy enough to keep them excited.

Overall score: 8.0 out of 10
  32. Jun 6, 2014
    This album is best Selena Gomez's album.This album show us how Selena from teenage girl turns to woman.A lot of genres in this album.Good vocal.With this album she shows us that,without &The Scene can have better achievements in music.Stars Dance is also best-selling album of Selena Gomez at this time(2014).
  33. Sep 30, 2014
    Selena realmente se superou nesse album, sua musica está mais madura assim como sua voz. pena que teve poucos singles. Come and Get It é uma otima musica, assim como "Undecover" e "Love Will Remember"
  34. Apr 28, 2015
    pode ter pegado amarelo tour nesse mas no proximo vem verde pra rainha, vem 1kk sem precisar relançar cd,tour,dvd e tudo mais pra ficar no nearly 1kk resta aceitar
  35. Feb 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. yes this is an amazing album , different from demi trying to be a fun artist, the selena makes some interesting and fun songs , I love he!!! ......... Expand
  36. Feb 4, 2015
    Selena sounds so much good in this album! She sounds more mature and i love the beats (especially stars dance and b.e.a.t). The only one song is not good is Write Your Name, but it isn't to bad. Love it!
  37. May 4, 2015
    lindo chorei horrrores com a atuação da rainha teen mais conehcida como selena mary gomez né amor agora vamos la querida voce arrasa na cara da miley cyus vc pisa na ariana grande e exculaxa a demi quem? demi who?
  38. Apr 15, 2015
    This is the 4th album of Selena Gomez, Stars dance is a mix of love and dance, with her voice, she can sing very well. I really like of SD, my favorite song is ''Love will Remember'' is such a lovely music, with sweet lyrics''
  39. May 4, 2015
    yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  40. Jun 15, 2015
    Foxes é maravilhosa. Eu amo tudo o que ela faz, tudo bem feito, impecável. Coisa de artista de verdade, é uma pena ver que não tem o reconhecimento merecido.
  41. Jun 15, 2015
    eard. They're nothing more than 5 Justin Bieber's and they will never get to the level of previous boys bands they're obviously copying like Backstrehjjjjj
  42. Jun 30, 2015
    só podia ser lovatic pra vir aqui falar merda, vai ouvir cu do verão vai
    ..............................................................................
  43. Aug 22, 2015
    o stars dance é ótimo, merecia verde tour só não vê quem não quer , várias musicas pra bate cabelo, se preparem pro hinário vulgo R E V I V A L galero bjão
  44. Aug 23, 2015
    This album is underrated. This is by far one of the best albums ever made by any pop artist or a hollywood records singer. She's just amazing. This is amazing

1. Jul 30, 2013
    The whirring Stars Dance is a confident but not aggressively blatant move to a more grown-up pop playing field.
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    What's left, then, is a collection of 11 shinily produced pop songs that find Gomez trying on a series of different personalities with her slight-yet-capable vocals.
  3. Jul 23, 2013
    Stars Dance is exactly the kind of album one makes in 2013 if you want to keep the pop sugar of the Disney tween cabal but mix in some broken glass and a club bathroom nosebleed.