Take off Your Pants & Jacket

8.6

Review this album

1. sama
    Jun 5, 2006
    blink are the buisness you can't beat them there F***ing rock! dont eva put down their album becuase u'll miss it!
  2. VanessaF.
    Oct 2, 2001
    This is an amazing album. Not one single song isn't great. Even the Bonus tracks are amazing. It's definitly one of the best albums I own. Blink 182 is just a great band in general.
  3. j30
    Sep 28, 2011
    A nice transition from Enema of the State. There's still the poop jokes that feel like leftovers from its predecessors, but there's some mature work here with (one of my personal favorites) "Stay Together For The Kids." Fans who expect them to keep making records like EOTS and Cheshire Cat, might as well go listen to Weird Al records.
  4. Aug 21, 2012
    Not so good as 'Enema Of The State' but this album also rocks! Not this stupid fast punk like in 'Cheshire Cat' - it's pop, punk and rock with awesome lyrics! They can be funny, they can make party and they can make sad songs with much meaning behind them. Some songs like "Roller Coaster", "Reckless Abandon" or "Give Me One Good Reason" could've been kicked off, but okay, that's how theyNot so good as 'Enema Of The State' but this album also rocks! Not this stupid fast punk like in 'Cheshire Cat' - it's pop, punk and rock with awesome lyrics! They can be funny, they can make party and they can make sad songs with much meaning behind them. Some songs like "Roller Coaster", "Reckless Abandon" or "Give Me One Good Reason" could've been kicked off, but okay, that's how they made it and it got great! It makes fun too listen, also if it's a bit disappointing if you expected something as good as Enema. Expand
  5. MagicHerbFairy
    Aug 3, 2003
    This is fucking good shit. I listen 2 it every fucking day cause its da best. Neone who disagrees is a cuntfacedmuthafucker.
  6. CalebC.
    Jul 11, 2001
    This abulm was so good compared to there last cd.
  7. GregT.
    Jul 1, 2001
    "Take off your pants and jacket" is probably the best album blink has made! It is a different sound than from DUDE RACH and ENEMA OF THE STATE but that's what makes it good. it deserves A LOT better than a 55...at least an 80. don't waste your time go buy it!!!
  8. DanM.
    Jul 25, 2001
    Blink 182 continues to be one of the funniest groups in mainstream music, and they continue to make music that may not be great, but is sure fun to listen to!
  9. TylerK.
    Sep 24, 2001
    the only song i dont like is number 5
  10. matt
    Aug 4, 2003
    its the shit
  11. DUDECAT
    May 12, 2004
    Anyone who says this CD isnt worth 10/10 is wrong or mental or crazy or dilusional or gay or a little tart or confused or immature or mature or an adult or mindless or is in a sucky band or needs help or has alsimes and forgot wat album they r rating or is deaf or god knows wat, Put it this way if you think this album is less than 10/10 then thats your opinion and i may one day learn to Anyone who says this CD isnt worth 10/10 is wrong or mental or crazy or dilusional or gay or a little tart or confused or immature or mature or an adult or mindless or is in a sucky band or needs help or has alsimes and forgot wat album they r rating or is deaf or god knows wat, Put it this way if you think this album is less than 10/10 then thats your opinion and i may one day learn to respect that but your wrong as far as im conserned and its gonna take something big like a nuke to make me respect you. you idiots Expand
  12. KennethK.
    Jun 29, 2001
    It is good
  13. AnnM.
    Jul 22, 2001
    This CD kicks @$$! Its awsome, u dont have to skip a song and most of them are funny so u get to laugh a little. I luv all of them and I hope they keep on making CDs!
  14. MusicMaven
    Jul 3, 2001
    Maybe the Brits are just cranky because they haven't produced good punk revival bands? The NME review is weighted too heavily. Ignore it. If you are into Blink 182's style, this album will not disappoint.
  15. MattH.
    Jul 30, 2001
    This CD is fricken awesome. They have some of the phatest tunes and beats yet. I dont have it yet, but i have heard it and loved it. Peace
  16. Adithiya
    Oct 3, 2002
    this is one good disc. you all should go out and buy it because it is really good disc
  17. AndrewC
    Jun 16, 2002
    Well, it's definately not punk. But it is good music in the end, with punchy riffs, good drum beats, cleverly constructed melodies, this CD is quite good. Eventually, it does wear out with repeated listening, but when played on occasion, it does represent the good melodies that this band can produce. I do suggest Cheshire Cat to any of those who really want Blink at their best. But Well, it's definately not punk. But it is good music in the end, with punchy riffs, good drum beats, cleverly constructed melodies, this CD is quite good. Eventually, it does wear out with repeated listening, but when played on occasion, it does represent the good melodies that this band can produce. I do suggest Cheshire Cat to any of those who really want Blink at their best. But if you want Punk, go check out NOFX, Millencolin, or even the Ramones. I would also like to mention for the record that I'm glad that Blink 182 have never claimed not to be mainstream, and have never tried to do what they do seriosly. Which is a smart move. Expand
  18. RichardR
    Jun 28, 2003
    I'm a little older that the average Blink fan. I'm in my fifties, and my first concert was the Stones at the Hollywood Bowl in '66 (ouch!). Anyway, I was drawn to this band's sound by All the Small Things, which I find very catchy. This album is the only Blink one I own. The more I listened, the more I loved it. I think they're all great musicians, esp the guitar I'm a little older that the average Blink fan. I'm in my fifties, and my first concert was the Stones at the Hollywood Bowl in '66 (ouch!). Anyway, I was drawn to this band's sound by All the Small Things, which I find very catchy. This album is the only Blink one I own. The more I listened, the more I loved it. I think they're all great musicians, esp the guitar and drums. They have very clever arrangements and their lyrics are great, sometimes sad, lots of times funny. I love this band and this album. I don't care how "punk" they are. As far as I'm concerned, punk died when the Sex Pistols broke up! Expand
  19. TKeene
    Aug 22, 2003
    i would just like to say that Blink 182 have matured so much since Enema that they are getting smarter by the day and i give them a huge thank you for a great album. dont ever stop writing songs.
  20. EstebanF
    Feb 27, 2006
    I know a lot about blink 182, and I can say that this album followed his classic light-fast-melodious method, that destroyed the music shops with Enema of the State, and the style that I love. So, why am I not giving it a 10? Because this guys are about 25 when they recorded this. The MUSIC is excellent, some LYRICS are horrible, even if can be funny. For example, First Date. I love the I know a lot about blink 182, and I can say that this album followed his classic light-fast-melodious method, that destroyed the music shops with Enema of the State, and the style that I love. So, why am I not giving it a 10? Because this guys are about 25 when they recorded this. The MUSIC is excellent, some LYRICS are horrible, even if can be funny. For example, First Date. I love the music, but the lyrics are obnoxious. Sadly, the critics of this album destroyed the band, causing the apparition of blink 182 (self-titled). You can have mature lyrics, but there is no need to make the music much slower. Well, sticking to this album, we can say: Music: 10. Lyrics: 6. What's the average, my friends? 8. Expand
  21. DanielB.
    Nov 19, 2001
    BLINK 182 RULES!!!!!!! This album is great and they have attitude and humor!
  22. KirstyC.
    Jul 31, 2001
    this album is awsome i love it
  23. DannyB.
    Aug 27, 2001
    this CD is amazing
  24. J03L
    Aug 31, 2001
    This Album really does rock. Blink 182 Has theyre on style of punk music which is reall kewl!!!! anyone could like this album as long as your not a pop luvin N-sInk fan >:( ! and buy sum 41's album too!!!!
  25. ChristianSoulages
    Nov 21, 2002
    This album is good, because it is interesting, yet makes you think. Does punk rock affect your life. Thats why i give it a 5.
  26. FlakeytheLeper
    Jun 28, 2003
    It's a pretty god album. At moment it is as good as Enema of the State, but overall, it can't match the all around quality of Enema. Basicaly, it isn't the follow up I was looking for.
  27. timmyf
    Apr 28, 2004
    im not one for punk or pop, but this cd is great. its probly cuz blink is the catchiest band out there, so none of the songs sound terrible. i say its an instant classic and it caused me to go out and buy every other cd that theyve put out
  28. Eric
    Dec 19, 2007
    This may be the best blink 182 cd out there. It is the quintessential punk cd of the 90's-00's. Every song on the cd is great and this is the last cd to have a "dirty" song on it. Which is ok because they out grew their juvenile image. A must have for any blink fan or punk fan.
  29. Nov 4, 2011
    I love this album. It's blink-182 matured just enough to let in new fans whilst not disrespecting the old ones. Standouts include Story of a Lonely Guy and Stay Together For the Kids.
  30. Nov 6, 2011
    4 words....BEST BLINK-182 ALBUM EVER!!! The fact that people are hateing on this album because of its immaturity is stupid, Blink 182 once took pride in it's immature ways and that's what us kids love,that's what's sets blink-182 apart from others is that they are what they are and they can really relate to kids better, the fast passed sound, cultural references, and tounge in cheek jokes4 words....BEST BLINK-182 ALBUM EVER!!! The fact that people are hateing on this album because of its immaturity is stupid, Blink 182 once took pride in it's immature ways and that's what us kids love,that's what's sets blink-182 apart from others is that they are what they are and they can really relate to kids better, the fast passed sound, cultural references, and tounge in cheek jokes makes this a great album that is the teen culture. Expand
  31. Sep 7, 2012
    Pop!! Hahaha, hilarious guys. This is definately their best album, I mean I thought that enema of th state was good but really 'poppy'. This album is about 15 times better.
  32. Feb 6, 2015
    All of the people who dont like this album have cum in their ears. Seriously Blink is the **** They can do no wrong...except break up. Tom you dick. Whatever i guess.
  33. Mar 5, 2015
    Blink 182 is a band who uses amazing dynamics and rhythms. They have a great since of style and their songs are both meaningful and funny. This album is one of my absolute favorites of theirs because of the songs on it. i truly love the guitar and drums used in their songs, and Mark Hoppus' voice is so unique and idiosyncratic. My favorites are 'First date' and 'Anthem part 2'. They areBlink 182 is a band who uses amazing dynamics and rhythms. They have a great since of style and their songs are both meaningful and funny. This album is one of my absolute favorites of theirs because of the songs on it. i truly love the guitar and drums used in their songs, and Mark Hoppus' voice is so unique and idiosyncratic. My favorites are 'First date' and 'Anthem part 2'. They are completely and utterly talented artists with boundless amounts of great songs. Expand
  34. Mar 11, 2015
    The album by Blink 182, Take Off Your Pants & Jacket uses amazing dynamics and rhythms. It has a great sense of style and their songs are both meaningful and funny. It is the fourth album of eleven released by them. They are considered a key group in the development of pop punk music. They have sold about 35 million albums worldwide. This album is one of my absolute favorites because ofThe album by Blink 182, Take Off Your Pants & Jacket uses amazing dynamics and rhythms. It has a great sense of style and their songs are both meaningful and funny. It is the fourth album of eleven released by them. They are considered a key group in the development of pop punk music. They have sold about 35 million albums worldwide. This album is one of my absolute favorites because of the songs on it such as “Every time I Look For You” because when I listen to it, it makes me happy and “Stay Together For The Kids” because of the meaning behind it. I truly love the guitar and drums used in these songs, and Mark Hoppus' voice is so unique and idiosyncratic. My favorites on this album are “First Date” and “Anthem Part 2” because of the guitar riffs they use. They are completely and utterly talented artists with boundless amounts of great songs. This is definitely a band worth listening to. Expand

1. High on boyish charm and low on moral fiber, Blink's songs have all the lyrical depth of a whoopee cushion.
  2. The band work so hard at it, and the music is such processed sounding mainstream rock played fast, that the album becomes a paradox: adolescent energy and rebellion made joyless.
  3. They don't mess around much outside their tessitura - they like to keep everything light, fast and punchy.