Teen Dream - Beach House
7.7

Review this album

1. Jul 2, 2013
    I listened to this album when it first came out and i loved it at the time Now ım listening it again in 2013 and my musical understanding has grown a huge amount and it made me realize that some of the music from a couple of years ago that i praised wasn't as amazing as i felt it was But this album didn't get any worse for me it actually got far more better The more i understand about music the more i loved this album I can not believe that this album didn't get a universal acclaim from users it truly deserves it This is the album Beach House perfected their sound and made some of the most beautiful melodies I've ever heard One of the best albums of the century Expand
  2. Jan 28, 2013
    Beach House still aren't mainstream-suitable but they partly improved what bugged me in their previous records. One being the tedious and in parts boring tone of their music and the other being unrecognisable hooks. Teen Dream is better in that, but is still a very strange release that doesn't fit my type of music. Nevertheless, I honour their talent in composing the lyrics.
  3. Sep 9, 2012
    Arguably the greatest release by Beach House. Amongst a society seemingly attached to MTV subculture, this album is unique and fresh.
  4. Jul 9, 2012
    I finally understand Beach House now. Having said that, Teen Dream is a beautiful album that needs to be listened too. Each track is layered with sonic melodies and sung beautifully by Victoria Legrand who has such a lush and smooth voice. All In All, Teen Dream is a grower, at least for me, but it's absolutely needs to be listened too by anyone who appreciate artistic music. A-
  5. May 5, 2012
    The Baltimore duo's strongest album. Evolving but not straying too far from their signature sound. The album initially grabs you with its gorgeous melodies but make no mistake this album is much deeper than just pretty sounds. It will take others a while for it to soak in. Either way, when you finally get there it is immensely beautiful destination. When the album stops you get a feeling reminiscent of waking up from a deep peaceful dream. Expand
  6. Dec 29, 2011
    An absolutely stunning album. I first discovered Beach House as an opening act for another show about a year ago, and admittedly didn't really pay attention or appreciate this amazing band. After giving them another shot some months later, I'm so glad I did.

In Teen Dream, Legrande's focuses more on human experience and the building and breaking of relationships. Her androgynous voice
    still manages to captivate the listener in a wonderful, dream-esque way. Possibly one of the best albums of 2010, I'm still stunned by this album. Expand
  7. Dec 24, 2011
    Don't worry you're not the only one confused about whether the vocals are of a man or a woman. Personally, I believe the vocals provided by Victoria Legrand are expressed best in Beach house's first album. I wasn't crazy for their second album "devotion" because it just didn't grab my attention, but their debut was similar to this. If you enjoyed Their self-titled LP "Beach House", then except a one-up with Teen Dream. Expand
  8. Oct 27, 2011
    A dreamy pop record from start to finish. The band produce some great melodies that at time remind me of a more conventional Sigur Ros. At 10 tracks it's just enough, doesn't go on to long that you'll tire of it. A couple of take them or leave them tracks but more hits than misses here. Well worth a couple of listens.
  9. Oct 3, 2011
    The third LP by dream pop duo Beach House is absolutely beautiful and deserves all the attention it has gained. Show me a list of last yearâ
  10. Sep 17, 2011
    Hands down my favorite album of 2010, and one of my all time favorite albums. Teen Dream is a testament to the unique and beautiful style of Beach House. All I can say is congratulations VIctoria and Alex for creating such a passionate piece of art.
  11. Sep 9, 2011
    It's easy to take a quick listen and respond with the basics: yeah it's slow, syrupy and melancholic. Did you forget who you were listening to? Beach House has crafted their most emotional direct, lyrically challenging and honest record to date. It's strummy, honey like music with the force to break down walls. Genius stuff.
  12. Jul 29, 2011
    If u listen to this album more than once u will notice there tunes are so nice and all the songs are good so it is so easy to listen,it is the best album of beach house and one of the best of the year.
  13. Apr 9, 2011
    A truly wonderful album. Their best work to date and, if it weren't for a certain Arcade Fire release, would undoubtedly be the best of 2010. 10 Mile Stereo is the highlight of the album and typifies the fine balance between ethereal and subtle struck throughout the album.
  14. Dec 28, 2010
    Helps when you want to have a sweet dream in your sleep on sleepless nights, calming your emotion after a hard day or just chill in a short break. "Teen Dream" is the strong legal painkiller and anesthetic which gives you pleasure all over your body without side effects. Those relaxing vocals, gentle guitar-picking and dream pop vibe are so cool. If you want a calming album to listen but you don't have a Norah Jones' record, this is the one to choose. Expand
  15. Nov 3, 2010
    I feel as if all the negative reviews are from those who haven't let the album sink in. This is probably my pick for the album of the year. Not nearly as dark as their last album, but plenty strange, catchy and original. This band is a valuable gem.
  16. Nov 3, 2010
    It is clear this music is not for everyone, specially mainstream ears but if you can appreciate good music you won't need me to tell you this album is good, really good. Probably a contender for best of the year, at least it's in my top 10.
  17. Oct 21, 2010
    MarkO hits the bullseye here. If the schlempkins at hot press and the guardian think Teen Dream is a 40/100 album, maybe they need to consider rating washers and dryers instead of music. This album is damn near perfect. If you like dreamy hazy pop, Teen Dream will leave you speechless. It's a Magnetic Fields meets the lighter side of Air meets Mazzy Star. Highly recommended.

1. Teen Dream is kind of MOR, it would go down a treat at a dinner party, there are boring bits and the doleful DIY magic of the debut seems to have more or less run out. But it’s shot through with more than a handful of heartstoppingly wonderful moments.
    This Baltimore dream-pop duo, whose dense-fog organs, reverb-y slide guitars, and nodding harmonies feel as lush as a midnight walk in a wet garden. On their third album, those feelings now sound like actual songs, with swelling choruses and an all-encompassing ache.
  3. Teen Dream sheds the uncertainties evident in past Beach House albums--each melodic turn (and there are many) balances the force of confidence with the momentum of curiosity.