• Record Label: Capitol
  • Release Date: Aug 24, 2010
7.2

Review this album

1. Aug 25, 2010
    this is AMAZING! California gurls, Teenage Dream, Last friday night, peacock, fireworks = potential hits. This album is bigger than anything Lady GaGa, Ke$ha,..... did
  2. Aug 26, 2010
    Apparently on a mission to exemplify how deep the inanity pool goes, Katy Perry provides us with a collection of dumb that can't even be saved by calling it comedy. Reaching out to the "OMG-she-made-a-penis-reference" preteen crowd, Katy wants to see your "Peacock-cock-cock-cock" ... which is about all you need to know about this album. If you're into boorish puerility on steroids, goApparently on a mission to exemplify how deep the inanity pool goes, Katy Perry provides us with a collection of dumb that can't even be saved by calling it comedy. Reaching out to the "OMG-she-made-a-penis-reference" preteen crowd, Katy wants to see your "Peacock-cock-cock-cock" ... which is about all you need to know about this album. If you're into boorish puerility on steroids, go buy "Teenage Dream" and enjoy the tingling sensation of your IQ plummeting. Expand
  3. Jun 8, 2017
    Teenage dream é o melhor album para mim,suas musicas sao cativantes e inesqueciveis, com certeza é um album que ficara para historia, amo demais e defenderei sempre.
  4. Mar 24, 2012
    Katy Perry is one of the most annoying personas in the current pop world, and is not a very talented live singer. In addition, she looks quite fake and contradictive to me, given his actual behaviour and his christian singer past. HOWEVER there's something no one could ever deny: she knows how to deliver a catchy tune. She also writes her own songs, and not everybody in the pop world doesKaty Perry is one of the most annoying personas in the current pop world, and is not a very talented live singer. In addition, she looks quite fake and contradictive to me, given his actual behaviour and his christian singer past. HOWEVER there's something no one could ever deny: she knows how to deliver a catchy tune. She also writes her own songs, and not everybody in the pop world does that, so I'll give it to her. "Teenage Dream" is immature, superficial and forgettable, but it is full of potential hits, and it doesn't really surprise me that she has striked 5 consecutive #1 hits, tying her with Michael Jackson (as surprising as it might sound). Catchy bubblegummy teenagey dancey tunes, a very hot American and apparently sweet woman and high budget videos are the perfect combination for success in nowadays industry. In addition, Dr. Luke really shines as the biggest hit maker in the mainstream world at the moment, and "Teenage Dream" is the best proof of it. Quality wise, this record is, just for a bit, not as good as "One of the Boys" but it is much more mainstream and pop-friendly (and "OOTB" already was). Katy is very confusing to me, because she can deliver some more serious and interesting tracks ("Circle the Drain") but it seems that, even though she's already 26, she prefers to stay with childish themes. I'm interested to see how long can she maintain this route.

Highlights: E.T., **** Teenage Dream
  5. Aug 21, 2015
    Ok, I find most of the songs catchy I won't deny, but this album just feels so overdone, everything about it is so "plastic" and doesn't really show any true feeling, typical commercial piece.
  6. Dec 19, 2016
    By far, this is the best pop album ever! I mean how can it not be, it has five number ones! Who cares about art, just make the subject matter about sex, fart jokes, and such nonsense. Forget about progressive music structures, just make the most generic melodies ever. And if all else fails...just bribe major radio station companies to play your stupid songs! I recommend having loads ofBy far, this is the best pop album ever! I mean how can it not be, it has five number ones! Who cares about art, just make the subject matter about sex, fart jokes, and such nonsense. Forget about progressive music structures, just make the most generic melodies ever. And if all else fails...just bribe major radio station companies to play your stupid songs! I recommend having loads of money for that to happen, though, because it will lead you to have several number ones on Billboard. Corporate is cool.

Why be able to sing, when you can just fill your stage with candy? Why write about homelessness, AIDS, stress, or the aftermath of war when you can write about peacocks and fireworks? Why have Tom Hanks or even Charlie Sheen when you can have Rebecca Black? Why not obtain breast implants if that's how people will be attracted to your music? Why not be as stupid and anti-intellectual as possible?

Okay, but take note that Katy Perry hasn't broken any chart records in UK, Germany, France, Switzerland, etc. Other countries do not allow payola/radio airplay to be taken account in their charts.
  7. Oct 6, 2015
    When will people understand that creating hits does not necessarily mean that the songs are good? I think Katy Perry is the perfect example for this statement. On this album, she creates 5 #1 hits on the Hot 100, drawing people to disrespectfully compare it to Bad by Michael Jackson. This is grown woman who is making music and has the lyric talent of a cliche little kid. If she wants toWhen will people understand that creating hits does not necessarily mean that the songs are good? I think Katy Perry is the perfect example for this statement. On this album, she creates 5 #1 hits on the Hot 100, drawing people to disrespectfully compare it to Bad by Michael Jackson. This is grown woman who is making music and has the lyric talent of a cliche little kid. If she wants to anything like Joni Mitchell, in terms of songwriting (which she has stated is her career goal), then she needs to stop singing about childish subjects and write something genuine. Switch it up boo.
    Best Songs:Circle the Drain, Teenage Dream & The One That Got Away
    2,8/10
  8. Aug 27, 2015
    This is probably the best pop album EVER MADE, full of smash hits that we all know just by listening to the radio. When you listen to this album, you find out that you know a lot of the songs, and that the other ones that you don't know are just as magical. Katy Perry is not only the biggest hit-maker of this century, but she is also very talented and resourceful.
  9. Feb 27, 2016
    3/10 - "With music as rigidly formulaic as this, no wonder the teens in her songs want to party until they blank out" - Chicago Tribune.

I like hearing Katy's singles on the radio when I'm in the car but I really don't think I could ever listen to this album from start to finish again.
  10. Mar 8, 2012
    This saccharine pop album doesn't break from the mould at all, but still has some genuinely great pop songs ("The One That Got Away" and "Firework" come to mind) and a bubbly disco sound.
  11. Dec 17, 2014
    Katy Perry no es una genio de la música, puede que la causa sea su excesivo uso de cliches a la hora de escribir e interpretar, pero en sí, el esfuerzo de Perry puede verse resaltado gracias a varias pistas que se convierten en cruciales para dejar un buen sabor en la boca, como lo es "Fireworks", "Part of Me" y "Teenage Dream".
  12. Oct 16, 2014
    Too mainstream but I think this album was made for consolidate Katy Perry's mark in the radio. Lyrics isn't good, the beats are better. Perry has a lot to grow up and I'll hope she does it.
  13. Jun 7, 2017
    La biblia del pop. Álbum lleno de hits, lleno de emoción. No por nada hizo historia en la música.
    Destaques: Firework, Teenage Dream, E.T. y California Gurls.
  14. Sep 13, 2010
    Katy Perry's Sophmore Release is , in plain english, OUTSTANDING! When "California Gurls" was released everyone was crazy about it and couldn't wait for the album. My favorite is "The one that got away"..How can anyone touch this...NO ONE CAN
  15. Mar 27, 2012
    Yes, it's not as personal as One Of The Boy, however it remains a very solid pop album that never gets old. You can still see some old Katy in Who Am I Living For. It's also features. Stunningly wide range of music, Fron the hip hop inspired ET to the orchestral Firework to the lovely, soothing Not Like The Movies, there's a little sonething for everyone. Definitely check it out.
  16. Dec 10, 2012
    Not the best album, by, well several light years. But its fun, its a bit quirky and Its obviously written with love. This is both Katy's love of music and having fun. Songs to look at are - Last Friday night, which excusing the ridiculous lyrics has some very interesting melodies that mix pop with funk and disco, Pearl has pretty nice, thoughtful lyrics and Circle the drain - the pop rockNot the best album, by, well several light years. But its fun, its a bit quirky and Its obviously written with love. This is both Katy's love of music and having fun. Songs to look at are - Last Friday night, which excusing the ridiculous lyrics has some very interesting melodies that mix pop with funk and disco, Pearl has pretty nice, thoughtful lyrics and Circle the drain - the pop rock style and more moody, stroppy atmosphere is a sharp contrast to the rest of the album. The truly best song is Who am I living for? This song steps away from the general careless happy nature of the rest of the album and talks of Katy's inner turmoil between her new found liberal mainstream famous lifestyle and her more traditional Christian upbringing, all to an unrelenting synth riff. More songs like this Katy!

In conclusion this album will be sure to put either a smile or a scowl on your face, and as another commenter on this page put, I'm not sure its possible to listen to the album in one go without going mad. The album is a load of joyful fun and on those grounds and those grounds alone it is OK, maybe even good but still not great.
  17. Aug 7, 2013
    This is an awesome album! With pop beats like and ballads like Pearl, it has something for everybody. A well constructed album with not really any errors.
  18. Oct 2, 2011
    Being A Fan Of Katy Since Her Katy Hudson Years. Overall Here Is The Scoring For The Tracks
    Teenage Dream 9/10
    Pearl 9/10
    Hummingbird Heartbeat 9/10
    Not Like The Movies 10/10
  19. Nov 27, 2011
    Most of the songs in this album are overrated/overhyped and full of AutoTune. Despite that, I like one song from this album, which is California Gurls. On the other hand, I used to love this album last year and even rated this as 10/10 until I was aware of singers using AutoTune to disguise their poor talent and that singers nowadays are untalented and overrated as in too popularMost of the songs in this album are overrated/overhyped and full of AutoTune. Despite that, I like one song from this album, which is California Gurls. On the other hand, I used to love this album last year and even rated this as 10/10 until I was aware of singers using AutoTune to disguise their poor talent and that singers nowadays are untalented and overrated as in too popular especially among the teenage demographic. Therefore, I renounced my love of Katy Perry and I now rate this album a LOW score. Expand
  20. Dec 17, 2012
    absolutely terrible i can't even listen to this horrible crap, katy go away we don't need you in the music world!!!! your music makes no sense. You are so overrated just go away.
  21. Feb 24, 2012
    In a short review - 'Dream' is not the best pop record out there, but it's better than "One of the Boys", and some tracks really prove she's not the one-hit wonder everyone thought she was, and she is not the 'forced pop' singer everyone thinks she is. Waiting for fourth effort.

~~ Pedro
  22. Mar 25, 2012
    I really really like this album. It's a simple album, but it's really good. First this has a concept : teenagers' world. Yeah it's not like talking about wars but it's better than the albums that have songs with nothing in common. There are songs about love like "Teenage Dream", "E.T" and "Hummingbird Heartbeat" ( and we know that love is the 60% of a Teenager's life ), songs aboutI really really like this album. It's a simple album, but it's really good. First this has a concept : teenagers' world. Yeah it's not like talking about wars but it's better than the albums that have songs with nothing in common. There are songs about love like "Teenage Dream", "E.T" and "Hummingbird Heartbeat" ( and we know that love is the 60% of a Teenager's life ), songs about bullying, when you feel like "a plastic bag", like "Firework", songs about parties like "Last Friday Night" and yes, there's "Peacock" but we know that teenagers think a lot ( maybe too much ) the Peacock. Second, the sound. Yes it's simple but it's good traditional pop, and when the biggest part of singers use dub-step or a lot of elettronic sounds it's a nice thing, I think, make an album with clear pop. So for me this is a really great album. Congrats to Katy, i hope that her albums always will be good like this.
    ( sorry for my English )
  23. Aug 29, 2010
    Katy Perry lacks the polish that most pop acts have today, but what made her stand out than the rest was her ability to crank up insanely catchy tunes without much fuss. Believe me, when she's good, she's damn good (with the addictive 'Peacock', let me hear you sing 'Peacock-cock-cock' cause you can't resist it), when she tries too hard though... it ended up disastrously (seriously, yourKaty Perry lacks the polish that most pop acts have today, but what made her stand out than the rest was her ability to crank up insanely catchy tunes without much fuss. Believe me, when she's good, she's damn good (with the addictive 'Peacock', let me hear you sing 'Peacock-cock-cock' cause you can't resist it), when she tries too hard though... it ended up disastrously (seriously, your homage to our beloved extra terrestrial is that shallow). Still, one cannot deny that this album is filled with jam packed pop songs (at least half of it) that can instantly appeal to most, the lack of auto-tune surprises me (shame on you Ke$ha) and that alone is worth checking the album it, it's solid and too be honest, isn't it way better than 'One Of The Boys'. Expand
  24. Jun 9, 2017
    This is actually a garbage, Katy always gave us the same plastic pop, she should to took over her musician career. Just The one the Got Away is the most passed out from them
  25. Aug 25, 2015
    This album is nothing but a big stinking pile of rubbish. I only gave it a 1 because Firework is an alright song, but my ears would bleed from the rest of the album's songs. This needs to stop.
  26. Oct 21, 2010
    Katy Perry has great potential to be one of those "big female musicians" as she already is. The most interesting thing about Teenage Dream is that it seems like it was not even made to be a good album, but to be a party album to dance to on Friday night. The best tracks are "Teenage Dream", "Last Friday Night", "California Gurls", "Firework", & "The One That Got Away". Sure, "Peacock" mayKaty Perry has great potential to be one of those "big female musicians" as she already is. The most interesting thing about Teenage Dream is that it seems like it was not even made to be a good album, but to be a party album to dance to on Friday night. The best tracks are "Teenage Dream", "Last Friday Night", "California Gurls", "Firework", & "The One That Got Away". Sure, "Peacock" may be laughable, but the rest aren't bad cuts for a pop-party album. Expand
  27. Sep 23, 2011
    Further proof that a mediocre voice, throw-away beats and infantile lyrics all take a back seat to a pretty face. This one's the poster child for corporate Pop.
  28. Feb 11, 2012
    Extremely generic. Catchy beats, unoriginal lyrics with some sex references and, summarizing, it's not innovative at all. Just a bunch of radio-friendly songs directed to a teen public with the objective of making profit.
  29. Sep 1, 2013
    You can no doubt say that Katy Perry is one of the biggest names in Pop music, being Grammy nominated and winning many other awards. So it's no surprise that she releases a second album, "Teenage Dream" is one of the biggest releases to come out this summer, with big hits like "Teenage Dream" and "California Girls" now released, "Teenage Dream" isn't the greatest album in the world, but itYou can no doubt say that Katy Perry is one of the biggest names in Pop music, being Grammy nominated and winning many other awards. So it's no surprise that she releases a second album, "Teenage Dream" is one of the biggest releases to come out this summer, with big hits like "Teenage Dream" and "California Girls" now released, "Teenage Dream" isn't the greatest album in the world, but it is still fun and will have multiple repeats on four or five songs. The problems with "Teenage Dream" are that the ballads where she shines with her voice are very forgettable and will be skipped by some listeners, but probably the biggest problem is that there's no direction or clear story to tell, Katy Perry seems to saying that Young People today are directionless and don't know where they'll go, if that's what she's trying to say, then she may have accomplished it. After the powerful pop single "Firework" the next track is a surprisingly graphic single about sex called then after the cute "The One That Got Away" with get an alien like song about sex called "E.T" the direction for these song's is very odd. But the song's delivered here are super fun to listen to which include all the songs I mentioned, and Katy Perry is still a great songwriter and singer. The album is only 12 songs long and is about maybe 45 minutes, so it's mostly an easy listen. Overall "Teenage Dream" has flaws that might make some listeners uncomfortable, but if you're willing to listen to music that's just meant for easy fun then Perry's latest may be worth buying. Expand
  30. Jan 16, 2013
    typical pop artist who just wants to get money with no repetitive sounds new & mediocre. Katy Perry as the musical field is mediocre, do not know how has succeeded so if you want to enter the top 50, you better be devoted to something else, because a woman as old as she may not be singing music for girls 10 and 11 years.

1. After some severe front-loading, the album is filled out by songs that are too dark or lifeless to work alongside the Candyland motif of the cover and sunbeamy splash of California Gurls.
  2. Teenage Dream is the kind of pool-party-pop gem that Gwen Stefani used to crank out on the regular, full of SoCal ambience and disco beats.
  3. There's none of the ABBA or Cardigans influence she claimed, nor any of the fun she seems to have in real life. For now she just sounds like another of pop's Stepford Wives.