8.3

Review this album

1. May 5, 2015
    amazing album. his best since marshall mathers lp. bad guy was the best song on the album. what a rapper. what a legend!!! in the game since 1999 and has been on top since that.
  2. Apr 23, 2015
    With a fresh approach to his style, Eminem gives us another great album to listen to, many, many, many times. All the songs beneficiate from a sharp production and great hooks, but the most impressive part is still Em who raps like his life depends on it and elevate even more his status as a genius lyricist.
  3. Mar 21, 2015
    10/10 ................................................................................................................................................
  4. Dec 28, 2014
    Best rap album you could expect from Eminem in 2013. This album is absolutely amazing. Rap God is the best rap song i have heard in years. Evil Twin is amazing. Legacy is breathtaking. Berzerk is an unrepeatable throwback. and so on......
  5. Dec 27, 2014
    At first listening, that's great noticing a complex diversity of genres. Different music and different way of singin also. But wtf with Eminem, i used to like him like anybody singer i like, but making talk bout him with clash for instance Lana del Rey. What does he got in mind, he doesnt need that i guess. Plus she did not do nothing. Too bad we got a pretty good singer with no brain
  6. Dec 21, 2014
    Eminem back in tip top form, and so is Slim Shady. Very good production, though occasionally too poppy for its own good (and does Eminem have to insist on singing so much on choruses?), the album never ceases to be entertaining and filthy and also, dare I say, meaningful. He works rhyme schemes that are pretty extraordinary and even the weaker songs on the album shouldn't be skipped.Eminem back in tip top form, and so is Slim Shady. Very good production, though occasionally too poppy for its own good (and does Eminem have to insist on singing so much on choruses?), the album never ceases to be entertaining and filthy and also, dare I say, meaningful. He works rhyme schemes that are pretty extraordinary and even the weaker songs on the album shouldn't be skipped. Highlights are Bad Guy, Legacy, Rap God, Love Game and Evil Twin. And just about every song on the DX Edition Bonus Disc. Expand
  7. Dec 17, 2014
    Si nos ponemos a analizar en retrospectiva los albumes de Eminem, nos daremos cuenta que lo tenemos a el en su máxima forma durante sus pistas más personales, así como lo ha sido durante TMM LP, TES y TSS LP.
  8. Nov 29, 2014
    This album is better than the heaping piles of **** that Shady released between 2002-2010, but it still isn't that good. Every hook on here is terrible, and it just so happens that the best track, "Evil Twin" doesn't have a hook. Eminem has always been terrible at making hooks, so it's not like I was surprised. Some of the verses are alright. Four songs in a row, "So Much Better",This album is better than the heaping piles of **** that Shady released between 2002-2010, but it still isn't that good. Every hook on here is terrible, and it just so happens that the best track, "Evil Twin" doesn't have a hook. Eminem has always been terrible at making hooks, so it's not like I was surprised. Some of the verses are alright. Four songs in a row, "So Much Better", "Survival", **** and "Legacy" all sound like Recovery throwaways (see my review of Recovery and you'll know how I feel). "Stronger Than I Was" and "The Monster" are god awful. Just terrible. I will say that even though I wasn;t huge on part 1 of "Bad Guy", the second part was pretty epic. "Rhyme or Reason" is the runner-up to "Evil Twin" for the best track on the album. The last four tracks is the best part of the album, so I'm glad he at least gave a strong finish on the album.

I didn't include the 5 bonus tracks on the deluxe edition of the album, because that probably would have lowered my grade from a 6.5 to at least a 5.5.

Overall, I wuld say 'ehhhh'.
  9. Sep 29, 2014
    Not as funny and offensive as some of his other albums but makes up for it by use of modern mixing and effects. Overall good lyrics and sound. This is good because Eminem has had many albums and this proves that he still has game.
  10. Sep 26, 2014
    Eminem is Back ! Now None can beat him, On May 24, 2012, Eminem announced he was working on his next studio album., set to be released in 2013 Even without a title or release date, the album was included in multiple "Most Anticipated Albums of 2013" lists; including MTV, Complex Magazine where it was listed in sixth position; and XXL Magazine, where it was listed in fifth.

On June 30,

On June 30, 2012, Eminem talked about the album with DJ Whoo Kid, on his own radio station, Shade 45. He stated that the material is taking shape, and that Dr. Dre will be involved in some way. On August 30, 2012, Slaughterhouse member Royce da 5'9" gave his thoughts on the album, stating "I'm not so sure how the world is going to respond from some of the things that I've heard from him." Close friend and fellow rapper 50 Cent is also confirmed to feature on the album. Eminem also was featured on Pink's album The Truth About Love on the track "Here Comes The Weekend".
  11. Sep 18, 2014
    This is one of Eminem's finest albums. I really enjoyed his work on Rap God, Headlights, and Bad Guy. There are some songs that sound familiar but Eminem provides enough humor that makes you forget that. It doesn't feel or sound anything like the first MMLP album but that is a good thing since you can't recreate a classic.
  12. Jul 14, 2014
    For starters if you were disappointed with this album, you have no one to blame but yourself. Eminem's last 3 albums haven't been the best and are covered with flaws. People need to realize that he's not going to make the same quality music that he made from 99-03, it's just not going to happen. He's not the same person and he's a slightly different artist. With that being said, thatFor starters if you were disappointed with this album, you have no one to blame but yourself. Eminem's last 3 albums haven't been the best and are covered with flaws. People need to realize that he's not going to make the same quality music that he made from 99-03, it's just not going to happen. He's not the same person and he's a slightly different artist. With that being said, that doesn't mean Eminem can't continue to make good music. I don't want this to sound like a typical "Eminem has fallen off" review but people do need to recognize that and accept it. I thought Encore and Relapse were poor efforts, Recovery showed a glimmer of light but still had a lot of flaws which leads us to MMLP2. It surprised me that he decided to do the whole "going back to my roots" theme, I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. For the most part though I feel like MMLP2 succeeds. Bad Guy was a great way to start off the album, I love how it's a continuation of Stan & the last verse where the beat changes is just fantastic! So much emotion in that last verse and Eminem does a great job at basically summing up his whole career in that one verse. Brainless is another stand out track for me where Eminem goes back to a kind of SSLP style rather than MMLP. Throughout the song he's being clever and witty while sort of lashing out at people in a way we haven't really heard him do in a very long time. The two bonus tracks on this LP Baby and Groundhog Day deserve a mention as well. Why these two tracks didn't make the albums final cut is beyond me because these tracks are great! Baby's first verse sounds like it was taken straight out of the The Eminem Show era, absolutely incredible and easily one of Eminem's best verses since his come back. Groundhog Day's beat and Eminem's delivery flow so smoothly together and Eminem just sounds so effortless. Now while I think this album succeeds in many aspects, it's not flawless. Survival is exactly the type of song I would expect to find on Recovery. Super bland, mediocre writing (along with some cringe worthy bars) & his annoying shouting delivery. The Monster is another song I would expect to find on Recovery. I have no problem with popish songs, in fact I thought Love the Way You Lie was a good song.....maybe a bit over played but nonetheless good. The Monster is Eminem trying super hard to recreate a Love the Way You Lie type song and it falls flat. Writing is down right bad for the most part and I just find the whole song extremely corny and unoriginal. It's a shame because the song has a really good music video. Than we get to Stronger Than I Was..... Now I'm not quiet sure what inspired him to make this disaster but nothing works. The singing is straight awful, the writing sounds like lines taken from a 14 year old girls diary. I mean... I don't know if he was trying something new or what but someone needs to tell him to never attempt to do a song like this again. Despite that though, overall I feel like this is a good album. He kept the flaws to a minimum for the most part and I think this is easily his best project since The Eminem Show. I give this project a 7/10, if I was being exact I think I rated it like a 7.3/10 which is about right for me. Expand
  13. May 17, 2014
    truly the best album after The Eminem show. truly the best album after The Eminem showtruly the best album after The Eminem showtruly the best album after The Eminem showtruly the best album after The Eminem showtruly the best album after The Eminem showtruly the best album after The Eminem showtruly the best album after The Eminem showtruly the best album after The Eminem showtruly thetruly the best album after The Eminem show. truly the best album after The Eminem showtruly the best album after The Eminem showtruly the best album after The Eminem showtruly the best album after The Eminem showtruly the best album after The Eminem showtruly the best album after The Eminem showtruly the best album after The Eminem showtruly the best album after The Eminem showtruly the best album after The Eminem show Expand
  14. Apr 30, 2014
    Eminem is back with a great comeback, bringing back the lyricism, creativeness and wordplay we loved about him during his prime years 1999-2003. You will already notice the album starts off with a pure classic track "Bad Guy", it is a sequel to the critically acclaimed track "Stan" from the first MMLP. MMLP2 continues where the first MMLP left off, with Bad Guy then a "Parking Lot" skit, aEminem is back with a great comeback, bringing back the lyricism, creativeness and wordplay we loved about him during his prime years 1999-2003. You will already notice the album starts off with a pure classic track "Bad Guy", it is a sequel to the critically acclaimed track "Stan" from the first MMLP. MMLP2 continues where the first MMLP left off, with Bad Guy then a "Parking Lot" skit, a that is continues where Criminal, the last track on MMLP left off. Rhyme or Reason has great lyricism, it along with "Bad Guy" is one of the best tracks. "Legacy" is also a great track talking about his childhood. Rap God is an amazing track filled with insane lyricism, wordplay, speed and he also pays homage to other rappers. On "Love Game", Eminem collaborates with Kendrick Lamar. Another Highlight of the album is "Headlights", where Eminem apologizes to his mom. Overall this is Eminem's best project since The Eminem Show that he released back in 2002. Expand
  15. Apr 21, 2014
    He's back and he's back with a bang. This is a great album and one of my favourite Eminem albums he's ever made. I enjoy every song on this album except for maybe Monster because it is over played on the radio and annoys me a bit now. This is my working out album to listen to.
  16. Apr 2, 2014
    I understand as a critic you have to look at different elements/aspects brouht into the song, BUT...

As a long time eminem and bigtime rap fan for about as long as I can remember, this is the most digusting album ever made. Em has changed, and not for the better (well, for the better for the financial aspect, I guess). Even tho I like the lyrics what the hell are these intrumentals???? Rapgod on traplike electro bass music, man it's like one of the most oldschool rappers just singed the death certificate for real rap. If there's one eminem verse that's applicable here: "And when your run is over just admit when it's at its end"

For me this album made eminem a **** modern day I try to hard rapper instead of like the biggest legend in white rap.

how does Dillon cooper - state of elevation, or prof - gampo or kool g rap and necro'l last album get under 500.000 views on youtube and such a mediocre score??? Rap god has like 60 million views, this makes me think I'm the only one who dislikes this album. He has certainly gone mainstream radio music, but I don't like it and I know the rap community doesn't either... So yeah it maybe deserves a 82 but not in the rap category

Just my opinion though...
  17. Mar 16, 2014
    As crazy as this sounds, Eminem is my hero, his music has helped me through slumps and downfalls in my life. His music has helped me keep on task and push through. This album is no different for me, with funny songs and lyrics, to sad songs about betrayal. Being a fan since I was 7 (The Eminem Show was just released). He has hit it big with no "WTF" songs like "Kim" in MMLP, or "Drips" inAs crazy as this sounds, Eminem is my hero, his music has helped me through slumps and downfalls in my life. His music has helped me keep on task and push through. This album is no different for me, with funny songs and lyrics, to sad songs about betrayal. Being a fan since I was 7 (The Eminem Show was just released). He has hit it big with no "WTF" songs like "Kim" in MMLP, or "Drips" in The Eminem Show. If you like any kind of rhyming music, you will like this. (If you like country and don't listen to anything but, don't listen to this, your drunk asses won't be able to keep up with his fast rapping. Your big trucks won't be able to keep up either. :D) Expand
  18. Mar 9, 2014
    Eminem continues to prove he's the most creative, most talented, and just flat-out greatest lyricist of this generation. There's not a single rapper out there that could dream of keeping up with him on Rap God, and not one that would be brave and honest enough to put out something as heartfelt and open as Headlights. This album is just brilliant.
  19. Mar 3, 2014
    Even though it seems more like 16 tracks thrown together rather than created with a particular theme connecting them together, it's still a great album and one of Eminem's more energetic pieces. It tries to be original and even though it doesn't always succeed, its works. Out of the standard 16 songs, 'Bad Guy', 'So Far...' and 'Headlights' stand out the most for me. The bonus 6 tracks forEven though it seems more like 16 tracks thrown together rather than created with a particular theme connecting them together, it's still a great album and one of Eminem's more energetic pieces. It tries to be original and even though it doesn't always succeed, its works. Out of the standard 16 songs, 'Bad Guy', 'So Far...' and 'Headlights' stand out the most for me. The bonus 6 tracks for the deluxe version and the Call of Duty bonus track 'Don't Front' are 6 of the best songs Eminem has created for a long time. 'Groundhog Day' being my favourite. Good album overall but not perfect, still missing a few things here and there. Expand
  20. Feb 19, 2014
    I want to say Eminem is back, but this might be his final studio album. MMLP2 is a great album, Eminem's best work by far since The Eminem Show. The lyrics, the flow, and the Slim Shady-esque verses make this one of the best albums of 2013. I thought "Berzerk" was definitely one of the weak spots of the album; Rick Rubin's production was outstanding and I can appreciate the effort toI want to say Eminem is back, but this might be his final studio album. MMLP2 is a great album, Eminem's best work by far since The Eminem Show. The lyrics, the flow, and the Slim Shady-esque verses make this one of the best albums of 2013. I thought "Berzerk" was definitely one of the weak spots of the album; Rick Rubin's production was outstanding and I can appreciate the effort to channel old school hip-hop, but Em tries a little too hard on this track to achieve that old school sound. Most of his raps are altered and depend on Rubin's production. I liked the track, but it just didn't work in the context of the album. ~ 8.3/10

Best track: "Legacy"

Other notable tracks: "Bad Guy", "Rhyme Or Reason", "Rap God", "So Far…", "Headlights", "Evil Twin" & "Baby"
  21. Feb 15, 2014
    I have always been a big fan of Eminem, each of Eminem albums always have been distinctive. MMLP2 shows Eminem unique story telling, word play, humor, and lyrical ability. Tracks like bad guy, legacy, and head lights shows how Eminem story telling is top notch. Rap god and evil twin showcases Eminem's word play and lyrical ability, while tracks like so much better, so far, and love gameI have always been a big fan of Eminem, each of Eminem albums always have been distinctive. MMLP2 shows Eminem unique story telling, word play, humor, and lyrical ability. Tracks like bad guy, legacy, and head lights shows how Eminem story telling is top notch. Rap god and evil twin showcases Eminem's word play and lyrical ability, while tracks like so much better, so far, and love game illustrates how humorous and funny Eminem can be. Overall this album got a piece of Marshall, slim shady, and a few aspects of recovery . I recommend this album if you like lyrical, emo, horror core, cautious, and back pack rap. Expand
  22. Feb 1, 2014
    Where do you start with Eminem career... It has its ups and downs. Sure he's one of the best diss rappers out there but lacks direction on most of his tracks other than his emotional ones. Unfortunately when Eminem releases a poor album his army of fans will defend it to the end of the earth. Here's the thing. This album is good. It is nowhere near the best album of 2013, no matter howWhere do you start with Eminem career... It has its ups and downs. Sure he's one of the best diss rappers out there but lacks direction on most of his tracks other than his emotional ones. Unfortunately when Eminem releases a poor album his army of fans will defend it to the end of the earth. Here's the thing. This album is good. It is nowhere near the best album of 2013, no matter how much his fans say it is. This feels like what should have been an EP, because Eminem doesn't have a consistent and solid track list. The singles and the intro are the best part of the album. The rest ranges from sub par (for Eminem) to the deafeningly awful "Stronger than I Was". I know this is a new Eminem and this isn't gonna be SSLP Eminem, but I feel like this album, similar to Relapse, was rushed to shelves. All that said, this album is dope, flow wise. The beats, lyrics, and production... I just was not feeling it. This is his best work since TES, but I just expect more Expand
  23. Jan 29, 2014
    Eminem is back in full storm to remind everyone of his place among hip-hop as a "rap god." In fact, in the song Rap God, he takes a breathless six minutes to relentlessly shove the argument down the throats of his listeners. MMLP2 is a diverse album with some laid back numbers as well as some bass-bumpin' heavy swingers. Eminem's flow is refreshingly original, as he sets out to do inEminem is back in full storm to remind everyone of his place among hip-hop as a "rap god." In fact, in the song Rap God, he takes a breathless six minutes to relentlessly shove the argument down the throats of his listeners. MMLP2 is a diverse album with some laid back numbers as well as some bass-bumpin' heavy swingers. Eminem's flow is refreshingly original, as he sets out to do in Bezerk, saying, "Let's take it back to straight hip-hop, and start it from scratch." He is just as furious and bitter as ever, throwing in some overused (but excellently executed) references, including, but not limited to, Monica Lewinsky and Helen Keller ("Even Helen Keller knows life stinks..." brilliant). His pop culture references and out-of-the-park analogies are just as good as ever, if not better. The 21 track deluxe album plays through from start to finish without boring. Stand out tracks are **** Rap God, Bad Guy, Rhyme or Reason, and Love Game feat. Kendrick Lamar. Expand
  24. Jan 24, 2014
    Eminem has made the comeback that everybody expected and more. With his re-entry into the world with old school hip-hop on Bezerk, people were unsure as to what to expect on his new record. But as soon as they got to the 4th verse on Bad Guy, they knew that he was back, bigger and better than ever before. He takes us through the album with minimal filler. Bouncing back from slower, moreEminem has made the comeback that everybody expected and more. With his re-entry into the world with old school hip-hop on Bezerk, people were unsure as to what to expect on his new record. But as soon as they got to the 4th verse on Bad Guy, they knew that he was back, bigger and better than ever before. He takes us through the album with minimal filler. Bouncing back from slower, more personal songs with upbeat tracks such as So Far... He concludes the album with Evil Twin, where he even explains his journey so far - I've Got no backstreet boys to make fun of. All in all, he has given us the record we wanted with his incredible mechanical rapping skill and unbeatable storytelling ability. Expand
  25. Jan 19, 2014
    Loved this album! Just superb! Bad Guy is amazing , Headlights is one of the best songs i've ever heard by Em. However , my favorite song from this album is Beautiful Pain. :D
  26. Jan 7, 2014
    All I can say is WOW, not just because this album is so great, but because there are so many blind people that have no clue what Eminem really are rapping about and can't see the good in this album. Get some knowlegde and don't review Eminem's albums if you no nothing about rap, please. Enough said, this man will always be the God of rap. I'm glad I don't really give a about what theseAll I can say is WOW, not just because this album is so great, but because there are so many blind people that have no clue what Eminem really are rapping about and can't see the good in this album. Get some knowlegde and don't review Eminem's albums if you no nothing about rap, please. Enough said, this man will always be the God of rap. I'm glad I don't really give a about what these nonsense people say about the album, I just wanted to say this short; get some knowlegde. Expand
  27. Jan 2, 2014
    I have to agree with what people are saying, that this is easily the most creative, energetic & inspired Eminem's been in a while. It has a lot of the same attitude & sense of humor as his first few albums, but you can tell that a lot of genuine effort was put into these tracks, rather than just being some desperate attempt to reclaim his “former glory” or whatever. He touches on a lot ofI have to agree with what people are saying, that this is easily the most creative, energetic & inspired Eminem's been in a while. It has a lot of the same attitude & sense of humor as his first few albums, but you can tell that a lot of genuine effort was put into these tracks, rather than just being some desperate attempt to reclaim his “former glory” or whatever. He touches on a lot of the same themes, but develops them & updates them to fit this point in his career. “Bad Guy” is a perfect example of this, a sequel to “Stan” that features fantastic storytelling & some of the most insightful meta-commentary Eminem has ever done. That's another thing that makes this album work: his self-awareness is as effective as ever. He spends so much time not only addressing his controversial reputation, but embracing & poking fun at it too as a vehicle for clever wordplay & a confidence-packed delivery. Speaking of, Eminem's delivery is another significantly improved area on this album. He's fully reclaimed what made him so appealing in the first place: personality. He knows exactly how goofy, intense, emotional, tongue-in-cheek or conversational to sound in any given moment, and the unique flows from track to track really help keep the admittedly very long album engaging all the way through. He also does a great job at revisiting themes from an album that, again, for the most part feel more like interesting updates than boring retreads, and there are comparisons in subject matter to be made between the albums. Probably the most notable example of this is “Headlights”, where he basically apologizes to his mom about all the songs he made against her, and it makes for easily one of the most mature songs he's ever written. But my favorite has got to be “So Far...”, which is just plain hilarious all the way through, complaining about fame & the current generation in a wonderfully tongue-in-cheek way.

I really wanna say these huge positives are all I have to say about this album. But unfortunately it has its low points too, in a few different areas. The first thing I wanna talk about are the features. To briefly go over the ones I like, Kendrick Lamar's verse on “Love Game” matches up to Eminem's level of storytelling perfectly. Also I love Nate Ruess' emotive chorus on “Headlights” & Skylar Grey's on The one in “Bad Guy” fits well with the theme in the same way Dido's did on “Stan”. But sometimes, the lineup of cookie-cutter female vocalists singing the hooks just feels unnecessary & desperate for a radio-friendly chorus. “The Monster” is possible the worst victim of this, surrounding its strong personal themes of self-doubt in the face of fame with severe overproduction & an annoyingly radio-baiting chorus from Rihanna. To me the best choruses Eminem's done have usually been the ones he does himself. Another song definitely worth bringing up is “Rap God”, which I actually really like for the most part. It captures a lot of what I already complimented this album for & the rapid-fire flow about halfway in is undeniably phenomenal. But before that part there are a couple parts that just have me scratching my head, like when he spends a few bars detailing a beef between Fabolous & Ray J that I doubt most people even knew existed or care about, or the “lookin boy” bit that's just awkward to listen to. I'm also not really a fan of the whiny bad relationship song “So Much Better” that can get embarrassingly melodramatic. But the worst moment has to be “Stronger Than I Was”, a horribly corny all-sung R&B ballad that has no reason to be on this album whatsoever. He's always been just a passable enough singer to do a chorus, but that's it. I didn't see much of a point in the “Parking Lot” skit either.

Bringing it back to positives though, the production & instrumentals are fantastic almost all the way through. I love the bombastic rap-rock on “Berserk” & “Survival” that call back to early Beastie Boys. “Bad Guy” perfectly captures the same subtly eerie tone that “Stan” did while not feeling like a direct copy. And the heavy sampling on some tracks like “So Far...” & “Rhyme Or Reason” is executed really well, finding very clever ways of integrating the original songs into them in multiple parts of the song. Overall, as you can see I had mixed feelings about The Marshall Mathers LP 2, but I still love it as a whole. Eminem really is back in top form. Let's just hope he keeps his momentum this time around. (insert your own bad “guess who's back” joke here).

Top 5 tracks: So Far..., Bad Guy, Headlights, Rhyme or Reason
    Score: 81/100
    (Check out a longer review on my Facebook page That Non-Elitist Music Fan.)
  28. Dec 28, 2013
    After some well earned time off, the best returns to be the best. Rap God, Bezerk, Survival and The Monster clearly show all his older styles including the hard lines of Bezerk and the up&downs of Rap God, the easier style of Survival and the emotional collab "The Monster"
  29. Dec 27, 2013
    After Eminem released his 2010 project, "Recovery", fans and casual listeners alike were left wondering where his career was going. There were a few roads it could've been headed down; Retirement, another hiatus, or a continuation of the sober, somewhat apologetic Eminem we got from Recovery. His 2011 collaboration EP with Royce Da 5'9'' left many fans breathing a sigh of relief as we gotAfter Eminem released his 2010 project, "Recovery", fans and casual listeners alike were left wondering where his career was going. There were a few roads it could've been headed down; Retirement, another hiatus, or a continuation of the sober, somewhat apologetic Eminem we got from Recovery. His 2011 collaboration EP with Royce Da 5'9'' left many fans breathing a sigh of relief as we got a healthy helping of Slim Shady and Eminem in full blown attack mode on verbal fronts. That being said though, when the announcement of The Marshall Mathers LP 2 came to surface, nobody knew what to expect. Was the album title just a publicity stunt to increase album sales, and would Eminem leave us with a mess of an album and actually give us a Recovery 2? Being a massive Eminem fan, I can comfortably express my discomfort with Recovery, his last solo outing, but this album is no Recovery 2. This IS a sequel (or a continuation, as he likes to put it) to The Mathers LP in the grandest form. It's a culmination of the Eminem/Slim Shady we've grown to know, love and hate over the past 14 years. The album sets the tone right off the bat with the sequel to the classic "Stan", with "Bad Guy". Never could I imagine Eminem making a sequel to any song, let alone his most remarkable story telling piece, but he absolutely delivers with yet another chilling story. Eminem hasn't burned with so much purpose since his 2002 effort, "The Eminem Show". He sets out to prove his verbal skills and to engrave his place in rap history as a "Rap God". The album doesn't come without it's missteps of course. You have the sing-songy, strictly for the radio collaboration with Rihanna (which was really an inevitable piece of work based on the success of "Love the Way You Lie"). You also get one of the worst songs Eminem has ever composed with "Stronger Than I Was". Props to the MC for stepping outside of the box and trying something different, but it really doesn't fit in with the album nor does it sound very good anyway. Kid Cudi may not be a good singer, but he somehow makes his voice work for the songs he sings in. This is not the case for Eminem though, as his singing is absolutely cringe-worthy. I'm very sure Eminem is aware of this fact, and I wish he would've swallowed his pride and left this proud composition on the shelf maybe for Rihanna to sing on her next project. Back to the positives though; Eminem has shown maturation as an artist on his sequel here. It's exhibited through his heartfelt apology to his mother on "Headlights", a song that if you've followed Eminem from step one, is an absolute tear-jerker. Eminem has also proven himself to be very capable of stepping outside of the box and rhyming over some very unorthodox production. Take for example "So Far" and the hilarious collaboration with Kendrick Lamar, "Love Game". What other rapper would feature Kendrick Lamar in a role like this and make it work? Nobody. The song is a delight and a definite highlight from the album. "Evil Twin", the closing track from the album is perhaps one of the best from the album as a whole, and maybe his best concluding track yet. The song encompasses everything we love about Eminem and Slim Shady and ends the album on the highest point possible. Eminem may not have delivered a flawless record, nor should we have expected him to. BUT, it's a top 5 rap record of the year and some of his best work to date. It doesn't quite stand up as tall as the original Mathers LP, but it stands on it's own as a remarkable piece of work from an MC so deep into his career, who can still go bar for bar with any rapper to comes to mind. Expand
  30. Dec 18, 2013
    oh man this iffy ok. well the lyrics are somewhat powerful but some are so boring and lame! the good ones are berserk hole and headlights and the monster, berserk is rad and old school, is a great take on the album and with Skylar grey, headlights is my favorite its about that he loves his mom but that she did up and its powerful as hell. but lets be honest there are some STUPIDoh man this iffy ok. well the lyrics are somewhat powerful but some are so boring and lame! the good ones are berserk hole and headlights and the monster, berserk is rad and old school, is a great take on the album and with Skylar grey, headlights is my favorite its about that he loves his mom but that she did up and its powerful as hell. but lets be honest there are some STUPID SONGS!!!!!! such as everything I did not just list. there are some mean lyrics im not offended by his music but he is calling people and retards for no ****ing reason. he used to have deep meaning full insults, but we just got screwy crappy bully lines. ok for example Im 13 I get called names like and retard but I don't expect a 40 year old ****ing man too say it its stupid with no rhyme or reason get it? I guess its well produced though but most of this is garbage and its a terrible buy. WTF IS THIS Expand
  31. Dec 18, 2013
    Although new listeners of Eminem would feel isolated listening to this album, The Marshall Mathers LP 2 will sure enjoy long-time Eminem fans with its outstanding highlights.

Highlights: Parking Lot (Skit), Rhyme or Reason, Legacy, Berzerk, Rap God, Stronger Than I Was, The Monster, So Far... and Love Game Potential Singles After the Album's Release: Stronger Than I Was, So Far...

Potential Singles After the Album's Release: Stronger Than I Was, So Far... and Love Game.
    Personal Favorites: Parking Lot (Skit), Survival, Berzerk, Stronger Than I Was, The Monster and Headlights.
  32. Dec 16, 2013
    The album is classic, it's way better then Recovery. This is Eminem in his entirety, the flow is sick and the lyrics are just great, sensitivity and psychopaths at the same time with the touch of the street language. The beats are great, the rap rock and the piano especially, but he was should features more rappers than pop singers. One of the best rap albums ever. My rank is 9.5/10.
  33. Dec 15, 2013
    Im going to go ahead and EXPOSE METACRITIC AS GARBAGE real quick, if anyone wants to stick around...

Eminem goes unforgiving hard-as-nails in-your-face and mad-as-hell on MMLP1, and Metacritic slams him for being over the top. They claim the classic was a 78, and Yeezus, the ten song experimental embarrassment that Kanye can't get over 3.2 stars on Itunes, is an 85. Ok, fine. He

He lightens up on The Eminem Show, and Metacritic says it's too soft and they've heard it all before. 75.

He mixes in other artists and dumbs down the "Slim Shady" persona on The Reup, and they absolutely trash it and say he's lost his voice. 50. A 50, supposedly a worse album than IANAHB 2.
    Do You Sense the Bullsh.it Yet.....

He brings back Slim Shady as violent yet comedic as ever on Relapse, and they say he's forcing the issue. 59.

He changes his content for the more mature, stays witty, address' his past demons and shows immense growth as an artist on Recovery, and they say he's boring. 63.

THEN, on MMLP2, he combines Recovery, MMLP, and the Eminem Show in an experimental, mature, hard-as-nails, yet emotional reflection on his career, and they give it a 73. Thats 7 points worse than Teflon Don, by Rick Ross.

METACRITIC: WHAT THE ACTUAL ARE YOU DOING.
  34. Dec 15, 2013
    On MMLP2, Eminem seems more aware than ever of his public image, his career, and the history that his name brings to the music industry. Lines such as '...see if I get away with it now that I ain't as big as I was' suggest Eminem is fully understanding of his place in hip-hop.

The album plays very much with older listeners nostalgia, even sampling brief beats from old songs. The result is an album that is both refreshing and familiar.
  35. Dec 15, 2013
    Is it embarrassing when you're the one out of 100 who doesn't like this album? Does it make you wrong? Idk. Among Eminem's three perfect albums. Probably comes in second place after the first Marshall Mathers LP. Anyone who says otherwise is fully entitled to their own opinion, even when it's incorrect!
  36. Dec 4, 2013
    Eminem goes back to his roots with an sequel worthy of the fantastic MMLP. While this album has much of the feel of its predecessor it is different in a lot of ways. Even after a lot of listens he still surprises me time and time again where the next rhyme will move to! A testament to how he has grown lyrically in a difficult period in his life. I think Rap God sums this up and there isEminem goes back to his roots with an sequel worthy of the fantastic MMLP. While this album has much of the feel of its predecessor it is different in a lot of ways. Even after a lot of listens he still surprises me time and time again where the next rhyme will move to! A testament to how he has grown lyrically in a difficult period in his life. I think Rap God sums this up and there is definitely a two fingers up for the many who may have written him off, Personally I get the feeling he had it in his locker the whole time and this album is a representation of this. It feels like a rightful instalment in an epic journey with this highly emotionally charged and prolific artist. I love it Expand
  37. Dec 4, 2013
    I have been listening to Eminem since the Slim Shady LP and I must say it must be hard work to keep up the high standard and quality set by his previous works, however this album has succeeded in keeping up that standard. This album is an all round fantastic album with different songs to suit different types of Eminem fans. This truly is one of his best albums.
  38. Dec 3, 2013
    Always been a fan of Eminem, through his good and bad times. This is definitely one of the best times. Great style, lyrics and back to old school Eminem.
  39. Dec 1, 2013
    Great comeback from Eminem. He brought a lot more on the table with songs like "Rap God, "Don't Front" "Groundhog day" and tons more. Eminem has improved a lot since "Recovery" (which to me is an average album). Eminem has a great feature from Nate Ruess which makes his personal side of the album incredible. Overall this album is one of the best albums I've heard from Eminem. In my opinionGreat comeback from Eminem. He brought a lot more on the table with songs like "Rap God, "Don't Front" "Groundhog day" and tons more. Eminem has improved a lot since "Recovery" (which to me is an average album). Eminem has a great feature from Nate Ruess which makes his personal side of the album incredible. Overall this album is one of the best albums I've heard from Eminem. In my opinion I think MMLP2 is Eminem's 3rd best album with The Eminem Show being the second and The Marshall Mathers LP being the first. Expand
  40. Nov 30, 2013
    Oh yeah! Guess who's back? Eminem: true Slim Shady for the first time since 2002. This album undoubtedly lives up to its name. The last verse of Bad Guy hooks you.
  41. Nov 27, 2013
    This is an excellent album that shows Eminem still has it and will never lose it. Eminem continues to prove why he is a lyrical genius and shows that he is also a little bit more mature.
  42. Nov 25, 2013
    Amazing. Once again eminem proves no rapper can compete with him. His flow,lyrics, and metaphors are top notch like always. The deluxe CD puts the cherry on top of this masterpiece. Best album of 2013. He is the G..O.A.T.
  43. Nov 25, 2013
    Ok so eminem hasn't done a solid album in a very long time. Encore-Recovery was a string of mediocre albums and disappointments. I consider his first 3 albums, not including Infinite, to be modern classics. But I have been a big Shady fan since I was little. This album is a big improvement over recovery. However it suffers from some of the same problems that recovery did. Corny hooks andOk so eminem hasn't done a solid album in a very long time. Encore-Recovery was a string of mediocre albums and disappointments. I consider his first 3 albums, not including Infinite, to be modern classics. But I have been a big Shady fan since I was little. This album is a big improvement over recovery. However it suffers from some of the same problems that recovery did. Corny hooks and pop-ish beats. In the Marshall Mathers LP 2, he sounds sharp as ever on lyrics and flows. On songs like Bad Guy, Rhyme or Reason, and Brainless, he shows that he is back and ready to go blow for blow with the best lyricists in the game today (Yes we're talking to you Kendrick) I definitely don't recommend buying it but I do recommend a listen. Hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes on this one and maybe he'll put out another classic next time. Expand
  44. Nov 25, 2013
    Soo much nostalgia...this is a treat for those who grew up listening to eminem in the early 2000s when we were introduced to this white boys angry rhymes. There are a lot of references to his old hits heck some songs sound like the beats from his LP album...which were IMHO, eminems best. Great album!
  45. Nov 23, 2013
    Best Slim Shady feel and comeback from Recovery. The productions from Rick Rubin and Dr Dre, with all those puns and punchlines, this is another classic by Eminem. Love it.
  46. Nov 22, 2013
    Very dope album! I loved MMLP2!

Very dope album! I loved MMLP2!

Eminem is one of the best lyricists of all time and this is his best album lyrically. If you are a fan of lyricism, you should appreciate this album. Em's verses on MMLP2 are more dense and intricate than anything out now. Em’s flow on Rap God is classic! It will have to go down as one the most famous lyrical displays ever in hip hop. There are also a ton of other songs on the album that are just as lyrically impressive as Rap God. Really, every track on the album showcases Em’s masterful lyrical ability.

The album also has the powerful substance and emotion that people have come to associate with Eminem. “Bad Guy”, “Legacy”, “Headlights” and “Beautiful Pain” are probably the most substantive, emotional songs on the album. I loved them all!

The production is great as well. This is one of Eminem’s best albums from a production standpoint. Teaming with Rick Rubin was a great idea. I loved what Rubin did with the “Berzerk”, “Love Game” and “So Far”. “Love Game” and “So Far” took a while to grow on me but they have become two of my favorite songs on the album. They are very unique and capture the essence of where Em is at right now in his life and career.

MMLP2 is a great addition to the Eminem catalogue. We get to see one of the greatest lyricists/artists of his generation more mature and sober than ever. The result is a classic display of lyricism, emotion, and substance.

MMLP2!
  47. Nov 21, 2013
    Being white is an advantage to Mathers. Reason why I say this is because he doesn't have to be like the other rappers who abuse the 'N-word'. Eminem is not scared to be open about his feelings because rappers talk about being real and most of them aren't... His homophobic and aggressive lyrics and skits are creative and funny... Lyrically this is the rap album of 2013...
  48. Nov 20, 2013
    Eminem spits the verses all natural spontaneous and effortlesss. He is on fire with the fastest verses. He takes his previous style of rapping about other rappers to a whole new level which is new despite people complaining of stagnancy. And then there are songs wgere he manages to churn your stomach with emotions.
  49. Nov 19, 2013
    Best Eminem Album Great lyrics and he's more mature than he was before recovery he isn't still obssed with his mother or wife and less obbsession with murdering women.
  50. Nov 17, 2013
    The Marshall Mathers LP 2, thankfully, is somewhat of an improvement over Recovery, and most definitely Relapse. It certainly does not have the original features of its 2000 predecessor (which is a classic). However, it is competent in its scope and some of the songs are catchy and valuable when the time is right. It seems like there is a lot of filler, and not everything was notThe Marshall Mathers LP 2, thankfully, is somewhat of an improvement over Recovery, and most definitely Relapse. It certainly does not have the original features of its 2000 predecessor (which is a classic). However, it is competent in its scope and some of the songs are catchy and valuable when the time is right. It seems like there is a lot of filler, and not everything was not completely necessary, as the deluxe version runs for nearly 100 minutes. I generally appreciate that Eminem has maintained a solid state in the 15 years of his career, and has not entirely "fallen off" like some of his contemporaries have. Expand
  51. Nov 17, 2013
    This is my favorite Eminem Album. A little more mature than the other albums but crazy again, not like Recovery. It's some good old Hip/Hop & Rap not like the crap that's around right now.
    "Plus I can just walk up to a mic and just bust"
  52. Nov 17, 2013
    Considering how disappointed I was with Relapse and Recovery, I'd say MMLP 2 meets the expectation one would have when Eminem is what we're speaking of.

I listened to the MMLP first before setting MMLP 2 on play and somehow I really feel the connection between the two sets. I consider "Stronger Than I Was", "Baby", "The Monster (featuring Rihanna)", and "Evil Twin" the weaker tracks; while my choice for the strongest numbers are "Beautiful Pain (featuring Sia)", "Desperation (featuring Jamie N Commons)" and "Bad Guy". But above all, what I love the most about the album is that Em's finally taking some times to reflect and deal with his past instead of running and denying it all. Long Live the Rap God!!
  53. Nov 16, 2013
    As a huge Eminem fan over the past years, I can say that I truly miss older songs such as "Mockingbird." Some of the songs on this album make me cringe, while others are truly a message from god. It's ok though, I'm sure his next album will be even better than The first Marshall Mathers LP (aka his best album.)
  54. Nov 16, 2013
    This album really does showcase Eminem's ability to evoke all kinds of emotions to the listener I often found myself smiling or laughing at certain phrases or rhymes that I thought was just awesome. Clearly this guy is a rhyming genius and a wordsmith. I am really in awe of the things he comes out with. The track "Evil Twin" stuck with me after listening to the album, I thought theThis album really does showcase Eminem's ability to evoke all kinds of emotions to the listener I often found myself smiling or laughing at certain phrases or rhymes that I thought was just awesome. Clearly this guy is a rhyming genius and a wordsmith. I am really in awe of the things he comes out with. The track "Evil Twin" stuck with me after listening to the album, I thought the structure was so smart and the interaction between the production and the lyrics is amazing and I definitely recommend listening to that one. My only problem is that I did not enjoy the more "commercial" songs such as "The Monster" featuring Rihanna and "Beautiful Pain" featuring Sia. They just felt predictable and obvious future singles. Expand
  55. Nov 15, 2013
    A great success for Eminem. While I was never the greatest Eminem fan, I feel that MMLP2 really brings Eminem back up to par with today's rappers. His tracks sound more aggressive than ever, and that's all we could have ever asked for. Plus it is way better than Recovery.
  56. Nov 15, 2013
    In my words. mmlp2 is as good as the original mmlp. Still inferior to "the eminem show". coz eminem show was a real dope masterpiece. i know many of you will disagree, mmlp2 is so calssy. if we left the "monster" track and COD one,,, then mmlp 2 is easily one of eminem's all time greatest work. so energetic nd filled with pride.
    Faourite tracks Rap god, headlights, Bad guy.
  57. Nov 14, 2013
    Exceptional lyricism, wit and creativity. Terrific production. Weight of the content leaves a little to be desired. I'd put this at number 4 behind his first 3 releases
  58. Nov 14, 2013
    This is one of my best albums so far and you better RESPECT THAT! I'm back and here to stay, and hell on I'm not retiring after this. I'ma slapping anyone asking me that again.
  59. Nov 12, 2013
    One of his best albums throughout his career. This album feels like a comeback from him even though his previous album was in 2010. Good solid production and violent, aggressive, and controversial lyrics helped the album from just being a regular Hip-Hop album. Basically, the album stands out in a good way.
  60. Nov 12, 2013
    As this is a sequel album to the original album released back in 2000, it turned out well. As Eminem reverts to his old self back in the early stages, in his rise to stardom era of his career, older listeners are liking the fact that they are listening to the Eminem that they would hear back in 2000. Eminem certainly did better in this album than in his previous albums, but we are awareAs this is a sequel album to the original album released back in 2000, it turned out well. As Eminem reverts to his old self back in the early stages, in his rise to stardom era of his career, older listeners are liking the fact that they are listening to the Eminem that they would hear back in 2000. Eminem certainly did better in this album than in his previous albums, but we are aware that the classic Eminem will always be better. Expand
  61. Nov 12, 2013
    Eminem's new album the MMLP2 is much better than I had anticipated. His flow and lyrics are just as humorous and fast paced as they are in the first MMLP. Overall this is a great album which surpasses the entertainment value of the last 3 albums that Eminem has put out. His songs legacy and brain damage in particular as well as others really bring you back to how Eminem's music was in theEminem's new album the MMLP2 is much better than I had anticipated. His flow and lyrics are just as humorous and fast paced as they are in the first MMLP. Overall this is a great album which surpasses the entertainment value of the last 3 albums that Eminem has put out. His songs legacy and brain damage in particular as well as others really bring you back to how Eminem's music was in the early 2000's. Expand
  62. Nov 12, 2013
    Perhaps his best album since The Eminem Show. The humor is back, though not as unpredictable as it was in his first outings. His rapping is super awesome, the lyrics are great, and the production is top-notch (in some tracks, not all of them). The album is very long and can get quite tiresome, especially if your listening to the deluxe edition.

If you're a devoted Eminem fan, you will

If you're a devoted Eminem fan, you will immensely enjoy this album. If not, there is also something here for you.

My favorite tracks are: "Bad Guy", "Rap God", "Berzerk", and "Evil Twin".
  63. Nov 11, 2013
    Not going to lie, I have not been a fan of the "new" Eminem. I would much rather listen to "My name is" than "Love the Way You Lie" However as Berzerk says "Let's take it back to that vintage Slim." And it's not kidding.

"Bad Guy" The sequel to Stan, and it is very worthy, a must own of any Eminem fan (old or new) "Rhyme or Reason" A very cool sample track, I would recommend checking

"Rhyme or Reason" A very cool sample track, I would recommend checking out.
    "So Much Better" Personally i didn't care for this one, a little sluggish
    "Survival" I'm sure you've heard this already as it has been milked the crap out of by the CoD ads. It's a decent song.
    "Legacy" I liked some aspects of this song but in the end I won't be listening to it very often, I know some people LOVE this song, so I would recommend checking it out just to see if you do like it.
    "A**hole" I thought this was a humorous track and enjoyed it (really liked the reference to "My name is")
    "Berzerk" Uses a Beastie Boy party beat and I liked it, it mixes things up.
    "Rap God" A insane free style like song proving how good of a lyricist and flow master Em is.
    "Brainless" A decent song, I enjoyed it.
    "Stronger Than I Was" Did not care for this track.
    "The Monster" As I said I never liked the Rhianna collaboration in the first place, and The Monster does not change my mind. But if you like "Love the Way You Lie" you will enjoy this.
    "So Far" I LOVE this song, it's got awesome samples from "My Name is", "Life's Been Good" by Joe Walsh, and Aerosmith. I ended up liking this song way more than I thought I would.
    "Love Game" A good collaboration with Kendrick, it's a decent track.
    "Headlights" A must hear for old time fans as it is a apology to his mother for all these years, a decent track. I feel F.U.N isn't the best choice to perform with Eminem.
    "Evil Twin" A Great track and a heck of a way to end it. I recommend picking it up.
    I will give a rating for the Deluxe and regular. For the regular album each song is worth 0.75 (Rap God, So Far, and Bad Guy get a whole point from me since I was so impressed) And deluxe each song is worth .50 (since there are 5 bonus tracks) I enjoyed all 5 bonus tracks, but the only one that really blew me away was
    "Desperation", I was shocked how well Em worked with Country.
    Final scores

Regular: 8.25

Deluxe: 8.75
    A great album, I recommend getting deluxe as the 5 bonus tracks are pretty good. Definitely worth a purchase.
  64. Nov 11, 2013
    Eminem is one of the greatest there is. This album is a mess though. He keeps saying it's "not a sequel" that makes NO sense what so ever then. Why call it MARSHALL MATHERS LP 2? The beats are unbelievably bad for about half the album. If you're an actual hip-hop fan and a fan of Eminem do yourself a huge favor and get the deluxe album cause the bonus tracks are better than just aboutEminem is one of the greatest there is. This album is a mess though. He keeps saying it's "not a sequel" that makes NO sense what so ever then. Why call it MARSHALL MATHERS LP 2? The beats are unbelievably bad for about half the album. If you're an actual hip-hop fan and a fan of Eminem do yourself a huge favor and get the deluxe album cause the bonus tracks are better than just about anything on the actual album. Getting back to the actual album the samples are just confusing and irritating half the time... A LYNARD SNYNARD SAMPLE??? REALLY MARSHALL? What are you Kid Rock? Or maybe Eminem thinks he's Drake (Stronger Than I Was) whoever he thinks he is, he needs to stop it. How do you screw up a track with a Kendrick Lamar feature? Eminem figured it out, that song is unbearable. It sounds like a Smash Mouth song. However it's not all bad... Evil Twin, Brainless, Rap God, and even The Monster will all remind you why you like Marshall, and make you wish the rest of the album was like them. Expand
  65. Nov 11, 2013
    Eminem is a household name in the world of Rap, he is the one responsible for breaking the stereotype that White men can't rap. Starting off in the late '90s and still progressing with his career today, he creates a sequel to his 2000 hit, "The Marshall Mathers LP" and he does this by going back to his old style of dirty humor mixed with psychopath behavior. And he delivers with thisEminem is a household name in the world of Rap, he is the one responsible for breaking the stereotype that White men can't rap. Starting off in the late '90s and still progressing with his career today, he creates a sequel to his 2000 hit, "The Marshall Mathers LP" and he does this by going back to his old style of dirty humor mixed with psychopath behavior. And he delivers with this sequel. "The Marshall Mathers LP 2" isn't the best release from Eminem, but it certainly shows that his days of retiring from the mic are far from close. The opening track suffers a little from originality, but then continues with the funny skit "Parking Lot" and successfully progresses quickly with the unique "Rhyme or Reason". Other standouts include "Survival", "Berzerk", "A*****e", "Legacy", and "The Monster". The Deluxe Edition also includes "Baby" and "Beautiful Pain". The guests are also great, which include Kendrick Lamar, Sia, Skylar Grey, and teaming up again with Rihanna for the follow up to "Love the Way you Lie", to the song "The Monster". The humor is tuned in right, the song variety is great, and the production, beats, and vocals are all top notch. The biggest problem with Marshall Mathers LP 2 is that it's way too long, some songs feel too long especially in the beginning, and the end feels a little anti-climatic, since the whole album stands at a little over a 100 minutes on the Deluxe Edition. Also in the Deluxe Edition, some of the humor for the last few songs goes a little too far. But in the end, I enjoyed quite a bit from "The Marshall Mathers LP 2", it continues the success of Eminem's formula, while also introducing newcomers to his brand of humor. Fans won't be disappointed and new listeners will find a lot to like here. Expand
  66. Nov 11, 2013
    I have to admit I'd pretty much given up on Em after his last few albums, but this album really represents a return to form. Makes me realise how much I've missed 'good' music. When Eminem does it well he does it better than anybody in my opinion, and this is an incredibly strong record, with expert rhyming, brilliant production and lots of raw honesty and emotion, basically everythingI have to admit I'd pretty much given up on Em after his last few albums, but this album really represents a return to form. Makes me realise how much I've missed 'good' music. When Eminem does it well he does it better than anybody in my opinion, and this is an incredibly strong record, with expert rhyming, brilliant production and lots of raw honesty and emotion, basically everything that made Eminem big in the first place. Being such a huge fan of his so I'm delighted to say the least, This may be his strongest album so far and that's saying something. Christmas is here early! Expand
  67. Nov 11, 2013
    A refreshing, somewhat return to old form. Strong Eminem fans will be pleased with the writing, especially on songs such as "Brainless," "Evil Twin," and "Bad Guy." Unfortunately many of the flaws of the album come through the beat selection, Ruben and Eminem don't seem to the chemistry that Slim and Dre have. Lyrically, although cheesy at some points, the album competes with the originalA refreshing, somewhat return to old form. Strong Eminem fans will be pleased with the writing, especially on songs such as "Brainless," "Evil Twin," and "Bad Guy." Unfortunately many of the flaws of the album come through the beat selection, Ruben and Eminem don't seem to the chemistry that Slim and Dre have. Lyrically, although cheesy at some points, the album competes with the original Marshall Mathers LP, but the album lacks the overall unpredictability that his first had. Strong album, and definitely his best work since "The Eminem Show." Expand
  68. Nov 11, 2013
    Best album since The Eminem Show, almost 15 years in industry and still he can come up with something good rap about. Lyrically its a superb album. Bad Guy in my opinion is the best opening song i have ever heard on any album. His flow is DOPE, no one in the industry can come close to it. 6000+ words in 6 minutes and he wrote in 6 minutes too. You can see his skills there. Production wiseBest album since The Eminem Show, almost 15 years in industry and still he can come up with something good rap about. Lyrically its a superb album. Bad Guy in my opinion is the best opening song i have ever heard on any album. His flow is DOPE, no one in the industry can come close to it. 6000+ words in 6 minutes and he wrote in 6 minutes too. You can see his skills there. Production wise the album is good too. MMLP2 justifies its title as well as its predecessor's creativity which is regarded as all time classic. Though its too early to judge whether MMLP2 is as good as MMLP but still it is one of the best Rap Albums past 2010. Rhymes Rhymes and a lot of Rhymes. He manages more rhymes in a single then most rappers in their whole album. Do check this album out Expand
  69. Nov 10, 2013
    Rap god?? Not quite. Try again eminem. It seems he's trying to fit in. The samples are classics but they don'y fit. He's trying too hard and failing....hard!!!
  70. Nov 10, 2013
    headlights was touching bad guy and survival are number ones a great album by a great artist each time someone has stepped up to challenge him hes put them down he is best there is ever was ever will be period.
  71. Nov 10, 2013
    Quite Simply Stunning, His best work to date. Been following his story since the very beginning, Rap-God? Yes, Rap-God on the verge of creating a whole new Genre.
  72. Nov 10, 2013
    This is the follow up to his widely popular and best-selling Marshall Mathers LP and it lives up to the name. At first I was very unsure about this album but it slowly grew on me after a few listens. Right from the beginning the songs make it feel like this album is in fact a sequel unfortunately it isn't perfect but very few sequels are. The production value on a handful of songs areThis is the follow up to his widely popular and best-selling Marshall Mathers LP and it lives up to the name. At first I was very unsure about this album but it slowly grew on me after a few listens. Right from the beginning the songs make it feel like this album is in fact a sequel unfortunately it isn't perfect but very few sequels are. The production value on a handful of songs are very poor and I feel like a lot of songs don't fit in the "Marshall Mathers" realm. The lyrical themes definitely fit the bill and are sure to anger your mothers again which is exactly what I would expect. He samples Billy Squier and Joe Walsh which I really enjoy and pays homage to the hip hop world to prove that Eminem is not some recovering junkie but a very creative individual. This album could have been better but it's still a good album which I will continue to listen to. Expand
  73. Nov 10, 2013
    Listening to Eminem for several years now, Around when encore came out,. It was heartbreaking to hear relapse and recovery, they were terrible in my opinion, I bought the marshall mathers Lp 2 as a final test to see if Eminem had lost his touch. I was blown away, My opinion was reformed when relapse and recovery came out, I hated them, and it made me believe Em had lost his talent. WellListening to Eminem for several years now, Around when encore came out,. It was heartbreaking to hear relapse and recovery, they were terrible in my opinion, I bought the marshall mathers Lp 2 as a final test to see if Eminem had lost his touch. I was blown away, My opinion was reformed when relapse and recovery came out, I hated them, and it made me believe Em had lost his talent. Well MMLP2 is one of, if not, his best album ever released. Every track hits hard, has the lyrics of MMLP 1, the hard hitting beats of his music today, and the old slim shady feel that the first few albums of his had. Definitly recommend. Expand
  74. Nov 10, 2013
    This album reminds me a lot of the first MMLP. He ends his issues with his mom,includes a sort of sequel to Stan and shows that he can still rap as great as he could when the original LP was released.
  75. Nov 10, 2013
    This album does not show a sequel to The Marshall Mathers LP (2000) but instead a revisit to the album, kinda like a way to tie lose ends and his feeling compared to the ones we've heard on the first album. Eminem provies astounding beats to bring you back to day when commercial beats didn't love snares. Including this album brings a good variety of music to it everything from just oldThis album does not show a sequel to The Marshall Mathers LP (2000) but instead a revisit to the album, kinda like a way to tie lose ends and his feeling compared to the ones we've heard on the first album. Eminem provies astounding beats to bring you back to day when commercial beats didn't love snares. Including this album brings a good variety of music to it everything from just old school beats to mainstream beats with shows Eminem's diversity and flexibility and ability to adapt to the Game. I truly don't think I can't name a favorite because then the other songs wouldn't be done justice. Eminem truly shows his lyrical ability in all the shows and we see how much that once Slim Shady persona has changed to today. 10/10 maybe not a classic, but still God's work. Expand
  76. Nov 10, 2013
    The MMLP2 is absolutely brilliant. It definitely lives up to the hype and the legacy of LP. Berzerk, Survival and Rap god are the new masterpieces and the rest of the songs do not disappoint and are perfectly showing the original Slim Shady's style. Cannot wait for the next album, it seems Eminem has still got it.
  77. Nov 9, 2013
    Songs like "Bad Guy" "Rhyme Or Reason" "So Much Better" "So Far" "Love Game" "Evil Twin" "Dont Front" Sound like the OLD Em! But better..which alone is a good enough reason to buy this album if your a true Eminem Fan if your just the casual listener there's something there for you and even Hardcore Hip Hop heads might have fun..Productions Okay..Some of his best and worse...Lyrically hisSongs like "Bad Guy" "Rhyme Or Reason" "So Much Better" "So Far" "Love Game" "Evil Twin" "Dont Front" Sound like the OLD Em! But better..which alone is a good enough reason to buy this album if your a true Eminem Fan if your just the casual listener there's something there for you and even Hardcore Hip Hop heads might have fun..Productions Okay..Some of his best and worse...Lyrically his best since the first one. Expand
  78. Nov 9, 2013
    A good album overall, but it's missing the catchy, original beats from Dre in most the songs. It's good as ambiance, but I couldn't listen to the whole album non-stop.

Some songs, namely "Baby" and "So Much Better", and my favourite "Brainless", have memorable choruses, and the latter has a great melody and rhythm. But, I somehow miss the D12 features and the evilish Slim Shady beats that the previous albums had.

It doesn't beat LP1, nor is it better than any previous Em's album by far. Too soft/slow for my taste anyway. It's not bad, but I'd pick some songs one by one if I was you.
  79. Nov 9, 2013
    Without a doubt Eminem's best work since the Eminem Show. Slim Shady is back in full force to remind everyone that he is on a current lyrical plane far above the rest of the rap game. With must listens like "Bad Guy" (a continuation to the critically acclaimed Stan), "Rap God" (a six minute lyrical onslaught that sees him rapping 6.5 words PER second in one of the verses), and "Legacy" (aWithout a doubt Eminem's best work since the Eminem Show. Slim Shady is back in full force to remind everyone that he is on a current lyrical plane far above the rest of the rap game. With must listens like "Bad Guy" (a continuation to the critically acclaimed Stan), "Rap God" (a six minute lyrical onslaught that sees him rapping 6.5 words PER second in one of the verses), and "Legacy" (a song that consists entirely of one rhyme scheme), Eminem showcases his talent in a way we haven't heard in years. Anyone who thought he fell off after the shock value driven "Relapse" and emotionally downing "Recovery" is in for a pleasant surprise. Is it better than the original? No. But it is a more than worthy sequel. Expand
  80. Nov 9, 2013
    Eminem has certainly nailed with a mighty comeback with this album. Each of the songs is a masterpiece on its own especially Bad Guy, So much Better, Rap God and Headlights, of course for which Nate Ruess has lent his voice. Putting it more precisely, this album is just Awesomeness Personified. Period.
  81. Nov 9, 2013
    Eminem volvió. Grandes canciones, buenos ritmos pero siento que falta eso original, eso que haga un rap distinto del otro, ese ritmo que te haga escuchar "Rap God" y luego escuches Berzerk" y te deje pegado y escuches esas canciones todo el día, pero no pasa. Son canciones buenas pero sólo para escucharlas un rato y sería.
    Eminem logra nuevamente resaltar gracias a sus colaboraciones,
    Eminem logra nuevamente resaltar gracias a sus colaboraciones, pero discrepo a que "The Monster" con Rihanna sea la mejor, fórmula repetida sale peor. "Beautiful Pain" con Sia y "Headlights" con Nate Ruess creo que son las mejores sobretodo la primera, una verdadera pieza sonora.
    Eminem demuestra las grandes influencias de su primer disco en este, el MMLP2 su continuación. Buenas letras, ritmos nuevos sin mucha originalidad, grandes colaboraciones, pero sigo pensando que me falta ese Real Slim Shady, ese Not Afraid que sea un rap original y que pueda escuchar todo el día sin la ayuda de esa típica colaboración popera en el coro de la canción.
    The MMLP2 es bueno, pero no logra quedar en la cabeza.
  82. Nov 9, 2013
    As an huge Eminem fan, I absolutely loved this album. There was a mixture of Eminem's newer style, and older style in this album. This album featured a lot of continuations from the first MMLP, and longtime fans will appreciate that. Almost every song is good, but quite a few of the songs are amazing. My personal favorites are Bad Guy, Legacy, Rap God, and Headlights. Each song has aAs an huge Eminem fan, I absolutely loved this album. There was a mixture of Eminem's newer style, and older style in this album. This album featured a lot of continuations from the first MMLP, and longtime fans will appreciate that. Almost every song is good, but quite a few of the songs are amazing. My personal favorites are Bad Guy, Legacy, Rap God, and Headlights. Each song has a great beat followed Eminem's unmatchable lyrics. Eminem is the undisputed king of rap, and he shows it once again with an amazing comeback album. Expand
  83. Nov 9, 2013
    Best Eminem album since TES. Bad Guy: 10/10 Rhyme or Reason: 9/10 So Much Better: 9/10 Survival: 7.5/10 Legacy: 9/10 7.5/10 Berzerk: 8.5/10 Rap God: 9/10 Brainless 8.5/10 Stronger than i was: 8/10 The Monster: 7:10 So Far: 8.5/10 Love Game: 8.5/10 Headlights 9.5/10 Evil Twin: 9/10. Bonus Tracks: Baby: 7.5/10 Desperation: 8/10 Groundhog Day: 9/10 Beautiful Pain: 9.5/10 WickedBest Eminem album since TES. Bad Guy: 10/10 Rhyme or Reason: 9/10 So Much Better: 9/10 Survival: 7.5/10 Legacy: 9/10 7.5/10 Berzerk: 8.5/10 Rap God: 9/10 Brainless 8.5/10 Stronger than i was: 8/10 The Monster: 7:10 So Far: 8.5/10 Love Game: 8.5/10 Headlights 9.5/10 Evil Twin: 9/10. Bonus Tracks: Baby: 7.5/10 Desperation: 8/10 Groundhog Day: 9/10 Beautiful Pain: 9.5/10 Wicked Ways: 8.5/10 Expand
  84. Nov 9, 2013
    I have been a die hard Eminem fan since 2002 and I can say that I am not disappointed by this album. MMLP2 is full of brilliance and nobody can deny that. The words-on-play, the flow and the production is great! I love the fact that we got a sequel to Stan as well, I do like the song Stan but Bad Guy brings it to a new level. Also making it the highest rated album on Metacritic since TheI have been a die hard Eminem fan since 2002 and I can say that I am not disappointed by this album. MMLP2 is full of brilliance and nobody can deny that. The words-on-play, the flow and the production is great! I love the fact that we got a sequel to Stan as well, I do like the song Stan but Bad Guy brings it to a new level. Also making it the highest rated album on Metacritic since The Eminem Show! Expand
  85. Nov 9, 2013
    This album is the greatest Eminem project since 2002's The Eminem Show. Most of the songs here see an incredible performance in both lyrics and production. The themes here are great as well. We see Slim Shady again, and not the cheesy serial killer wannabe of Relapse infamy. Here, he balances out the personas of Marshall Mathers, Eminem, and Slim Shady, while still keeping us on theThis album is the greatest Eminem project since 2002's The Eminem Show. Most of the songs here see an incredible performance in both lyrics and production. The themes here are great as well. We see Slim Shady again, and not the cheesy serial killer wannabe of Relapse infamy. Here, he balances out the personas of Marshall Mathers, Eminem, and Slim Shady, while still keeping us on the edges of our seats with gripping stories (Bad Guy), rapid-fire wordplay (Rap God), sadistic humor (So Much Better), and nostalgic fits of nonsensical wit (Berzerk). The very few weak points in this album would be The Monster, for its over-reliance on Rihanna, and Stronger Than I Was, for its heartfelt, but overly poppy, feel. Other than those two Achilles' heels, this album is definitely a classic in the making. Not quite as good as the original Mathers LP, but definitely his best work in 11 years. Expand
  86. Nov 9, 2013
    eminem crafted a brilliant witty funny emotional album...songs like bad guy, brainless, rhyme or reason, love game, legacy, headlights are incredible. AMAIZING album
  87. Nov 8, 2013
    Eminem is back. Although a few songs fall flat, its safe to say the embarrassing years of 2004 are behind him. So glad to have him back. You rock man.
  88. Nov 8, 2013
    I gotta say this has been one of the most highly anticipated albums by far, since 2011 maybe... Because when you're talking about Eminem you always wonder "what's next?"

Eminem is a lyrical genius indeed, he has always been so talented, but ever since his comeback in 2009, his technique has been skyrocketing, raising the bar of competition record after record. so when the news came that his album is coming close, I believe every fan and critic in this industry has been patiently waiting for something that's gonna blow his minds up... Relapse was really great compared to Encore (his last album before his hiatus), Recovery blew everybody's minds up, he excelled in his Bad Meets Evil EP; so coming to know MMLP2 was, you had to be excited.

Eminem chose to do a sequel of his greatest of all time, best selling album "The Marshall Mathers LP", I always have a bad feeling about sequels to epic art masterpieces, specially in music, because you can never separate the sequel from the original one, you'll always find yourself comparing. Take Raekwon for instance, he tried this in "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... Part II" which is a very good album, but every time you compare it to the 95 "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..." you'll find the sequel lacking.

Here Eminem is not just doing a sequel for this particular album, you can actually find him "sequel-ing" every hit he did, whether it was on Marshall Mathers LP (Bad Guy is a sequel to Stan, "Rhyme or Reason" is a sequel to Criminal) or on other albums (Brainless Brain Damage, Stronger than I was Kim, So Far every track he did about his mother)

But on the other hand, this album is different than the original Marshall Mathers LP; instead of embracing his own alter-ego, he's trying to battle it, being more apologetic about it and about the tracks that he did back then, specially the ones regarding his own personal life... Eminem's a very clever artist, because he knows that right at this stage of his life, right now, nobody would want to hear a 41 years old rapper clowning about his mother and toying with murdering his wife, in the tracks "Headlight" and "Stronger than I was" you get to witness a more mature version of Eminem (often apologetic), so it was actually nice and unexpected.
    But if you kinda miss the old crazy version of Eminem, you won't miss it too much (Brainless Rap God)

Eminem is not only reinvesting in his legacy, but the choice of Rick Rubin as a producer made him also reinvest in the legacy of hip-hop in general, Rick Rubin has provided Eminem with those throwback beats that will always get you back to an era of legends like Beastie Boys or Run D.M.C, Eminem is clever enough to use this just to make sure that all the nowadays rappers know where he's coming from.

On the last album (particularly the track "You're Never Gone"), he promised his deceased friend Proof: instead of mourning your death, I’d rather celebrate your life
    Elevate to new height, step on the gas and accelerate, I'mma need 2 mics", A promise which he have totally fulfilled, with his mastery of the wordplay, and his sick multi-syllabic rhyme schemes, and an incredible flow that'll blow your minds off (check how he reached the Nirvana of flow in Rap God, and he did that as easy as flexing a muscle), he has -unlike Kanye West's I am God- proven that he's the best lyricist in this business by far.

Yet, the album is still lacking something, the production is not as you might expect it to be, take one of the most anticipated tracks for instance "Love Game", you expect this to become a mash-up of two of the best rappers in this business, some kind of a torch-passing.. but all you get is a swaying, 1950s-era rockabilly beat consisting of a Wayne Fontana & the Mindbenders sample, which is completely out of context, the track is completely trash, the kind of music, the emphasis on music themes from his old albums were alright, but not really impressive.

So put simply, the album is okay, but you have to expect more from a rapper like Eminem, but you're never really sure of what exactly to expect because what you get from this album is basically a great man who's facing an identity crisis: he knows he's the best but he's still afraid of being too out-of-date, he knows that his legacy and his background made him what he is, yet he wants to start fresh and clear the past. And you get this feeling because he's such a great songwriter. You'll get to enjoy his lyrical skills and his lacerating wordplay, yet you'll hate most of the production mixed to that.

The highlights of the album are tracks like "The Monster", the flow of "Rap God", the throwback in "Berzerk", the crazy beat on "Brainless", the power in "Rhyme or Reason", the DJ Khalil rock laced beat in "Survival". That's about it, you can't be that impressed about the rest of the album.
  89. Nov 8, 2013
    "Modern classic" was all that popped into my head as I listened to the dying seconds of 'Evil Twin.' Let's be honest, at the age of 41, no one is on Eminem's level. That being said, we tend to expect so much more from Eminem and those expectations grow following every release. Now Relapse and Recovery respectively were exceptional albums, however, the expectations exceeded the albums"Modern classic" was all that popped into my head as I listened to the dying seconds of 'Evil Twin.' Let's be honest, at the age of 41, no one is on Eminem's level. That being said, we tend to expect so much more from Eminem and those expectations grow following every release. Now Relapse and Recovery respectively were exceptional albums, however, the expectations exceeded the albums themselves. Releasing an album named after his most acclaimed/successful work to date raises the expectations for the MMLP 2 through the roof. I was a bit too nervous going into the album, but Eminem really proved a point this time. 13 years after the release of his masterpiece Marshall Mathers LP, he revisits unclosed topics with MMLP 2. He solidifies his positions in the rap game and provides a meaningful insight into his life as a grown man. The beats were absolutely outstanding and fresh. Without any doubt, the beats ranged from creative, old-school, new, hardcore and at times, odd. But this time, thanks to Rick Rubin, we were rewarded with a catalogue of beats so different and lavish, every time I put my headphones on I got a feeling that I just couldn't quite put a finger on. Marshall again surprised us with the lyrical wordplay that he's mastered, but somehow managed to top his unsurpassed lyricism. Overall, ask and ye shall receive, the real Slim Shady was lost, but now is found and he has relieved the fans with a musical gem. Expand
  90. Nov 8, 2013
    The best Eminem album since "The Eminem Show." Unfortunately, it doesn't reach the levels of lyricism and personality that "TES" and the first "MMLP". Eminem still hasn't gotten back the talent for storytelling that made him a rap superstar. But, on the bright side, some of the tracks on this LP like "Bad Guy" or "Rhyme or Reason" wouldn't feel out of place next to "Stan" and "Real SlimThe best Eminem album since "The Eminem Show." Unfortunately, it doesn't reach the levels of lyricism and personality that "TES" and the first "MMLP". Eminem still hasn't gotten back the talent for storytelling that made him a rap superstar. But, on the bright side, some of the tracks on this LP like "Bad Guy" or "Rhyme or Reason" wouldn't feel out of place next to "Stan" and "Real Slim Shady." On the flip side, singles like "Survival" and "Rap God" wouldn't feel out of place on "Recovery." In fact, the first single, "Berserk," is one of the worst Eminem songs since "Mockingbird" cheesed up "Encore." While MMLP2 hasn't made an impact on me at all, it's still interesting to listen to, despite Mather's unfruitful attempts to "take it back to straight hip-hop." Expand
  91. Nov 8, 2013
    I was a bit suspicious until the last track on the LP was over.I enjoyed album a lot.
    So,there's little summary.
    I give album 10 out of 10 cause it's the album I've been waiting for a long time.
    Such tracks as Bad Guy,Rap God,Stronger Than I Was and A**hole make me sure that the King is back
  92. Nov 8, 2013
    He choose the worst songs to put out as singles. This is not as good as his first three, but it blows recovery, relapse and encore out of the freaking water.
  93. Nov 8, 2013
    this album is very misleading. Berzerk does not fit in this album whatsoever. This album is painful to listen through. Was hoping for a lot better. All i got was disappointment. Dont waste your money
  94. Nov 7, 2013
    One of the most complete albums Eminem has released. Definitely buy the deluxe version! Great mix of humour, emotion, sarcasm and subversion. Bad Guy is one of his best songs ever.
  95. Nov 7, 2013
    awesome album i've been listening to this track all day for last 2 days Eminem Rap God, i don't really follow the mainstream news so i was really surprised when i heard about his album, i don't think it will ever be as good as the 2000-2004 songs but for what we're getting this days in terms of music, this album is 20/10
  96. Nov 7, 2013
    Considering he's a 41 year old living legend it's very refreshing to hear him focus so much on his pen game. Bad Guy, Rhyme or Reason, Legacy, Rap God, Brainless, So Far, Love Game, Headlights, Evil Twin, Baby, Beautiful Pain, Groundhog Day, Wicked Ways are all standouts! Should of had the COD bonus "Don't Front" on there as it was a boom bap beat. One complaint is he needed some moreConsidering he's a 41 year old living legend it's very refreshing to hear him focus so much on his pen game. Bad Guy, Rhyme or Reason, Legacy, Rap God, Brainless, So Far, Love Game, Headlights, Evil Twin, Baby, Beautiful Pain, Groundhog Day, Wicked Ways are all standouts! Should of had the COD bonus "Don't Front" on there as it was a boom bap beat. One complaint is he needed some more raw production from someone like Alchemist who IS HIS TOUR DJ or DJ Premier (Primo). Eminem (go back and listen to his underground ish and Rawkus 99 track "Anyman") slays boom bap 90s grimey east coast hip hop beats. Would love some features from other lyrical titans like Elzhi (from Detroit and criminally slept on), Pharoahe Monch (who he shouts out and had a lot of dope name drops not forced like Game), Masta Ace, Kool G Rap, Black Thought (Roots), Nas, Slaughterhouse, etc. Easily his best album since 2002 Eminem Show/8 mile timeline (granted his last 3 have been definition of hit and miss). BUY DELUXE Expand
  97. Nov 7, 2013
    From the songs from the album that were released before the album's release, it made me lower my expectations a lot for the album. But boy oh boy, when I listened to the full album, it was incredible. He is back to his roots, with a good mix of old school 'Slim Shady' and some really meaningful songs. Don't get me wrong, it is no doubt the best album of the year, but it just doesn't giveFrom the songs from the album that were released before the album's release, it made me lower my expectations a lot for the album. But boy oh boy, when I listened to the full album, it was incredible. He is back to his roots, with a good mix of old school 'Slim Shady' and some really meaningful songs. Don't get me wrong, it is no doubt the best album of the year, but it just doesn't give me the same feeling as the old Eminem. A must buy! Expand
  98. Nov 7, 2013
    Update: I'll say after listening to this album on day one on iTunes, this album from Marshall Mathers is definitely a treasure for all those veteran fans and something new for recent fans who discovered him through the "Recovery" LP. This album is by far very creative in its instrumentals and quite lyrical in all the tracks, including the deluxe edition. It shows how Eminem hasn't lostUpdate: I'll say after listening to this album on day one on iTunes, this album from Marshall Mathers is definitely a treasure for all those veteran fans and something new for recent fans who discovered him through the "Recovery" LP. This album is by far very creative in its instrumentals and quite lyrical in all the tracks, including the deluxe edition. It shows how Eminem hasn't lost touch at what he's good at regarding to his musicianship. But, there are flaws in this album and those flaws are the badly transitioned tracks which would of served better if there were skits like the "Parking Lot (Skit)" track to bridge between different tones, or themes. There is that occasional mismatch in the choruses in nearly every song on this album, and it must be taken as an experiment. Expand
  99. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best Eminem CD!!
    Everything about it is Amazing!!
    I recommend you buy this you will not be disappointed!!
    He has the best rhymes in the game better than Kendrick Lamar!!
  100. Hel
    Nov 7, 2013
    This is mainly based off of the single "The Monster" but from this single I can tell that Eminem is back and he is back for blood. There is a reason why he is hailed as an amazing artist and a constant threat to all those opposing.

1. Jan 7, 2014
    Even though his wit and word patterns still dazzle, they need a livelier canvas if the Eminem nostalgia experience is to be the thrilling one it should be. [Jan 2014, p.122]
  2. Dec 18, 2013
    The music is almost secondary, his production' often leaden beats a mere sideshow to mind-bending internal rhyme pyrotechnics that jab hard at the surreal dial. [Jan 2014, p.92]
  3. Nov 21, 2013
    Eminem might not be making “shock rap with Doc” like he used to be, but The Marshall Mathers LP 2 takes turns as equally bold and unpredictable as anything in his discography.