7.5

Review this album

1. CraigC
    Jun 29, 2005
    While this album is flawed, it does contain some incredible music. Along with Gorillaz (Demon Days, how good is it?), it is good to see an artist trying something different rather than conforming to the unimaginitive dross being produced by 99% of the music industry.
  2. aet08
    Jun 30, 2005
    do not be confused, this is not a rock album, corgan is experimenting with new things. Mina Loy is a beautiful song, a lot of the other songs grow on you, just like all of his work.
  3. MichaelN
    Aug 31, 2005
    He grew up, I grew up. And thank God for that! We can't all go on screaming at the entire world with loud gutairs for the sake of sales. If people want that there are enough corporate copy bands out there. This album is very much for the music lover. A beautiful piece of work.
  4. FernandoR
    Jul 5, 2006
    Just beatiful
  5. cristian
    Jun 20, 2005
    I LOVE THIS ALBUM! ITS GREAT! buy it !!! for smashing pumpkins fans really!
  6. Pablo
    a CLASSIC!
  7. AliciaW
    Fuck the critics.
  8. Marie-Ève
    Jun 30, 2005
    Superb as always.. we love the way he makes us remember all the great moments in our lives with is nostagic songs and sounds
  9. xx
    Jul 10, 2005
    This album is a truly fantastic example of a real person being and feeling in a completely normal way. A way that is usually absent from musical artists that were never artists in the first place. Cheers
  10. FCauss
    Jul 2, 2005
    This new album by Corgan is fabulous. It is sure not more of the same. This is the kind of music you enjoy more en more with every listen.
  11. honzau
    Jul 6, 2005
    I would rate it 11 if i could. Corgan finds his edge on album and it´s so brilliant that you will meet supermature while listenig this masterpiese. Thanks a lot Mr. Corgan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. honzau
    Jul 6, 2005
  13. ReginaF
    Aug 21, 2005
    Corgan finally come out with a great sound with his nasal voice and creates some beautiful atmospheres with an innovative guitar playing. The trick? Electric drums. But despite Jimmy Chamberlin's absence, this is pretty much how the Smashing Pumpkins would have sounded after Machina.
  14. JamesR
    Aug 6, 2005
    An album that grows on you with every play through.... It also helps if you saw the live and accoustic shows when he toured :)
  15. Joris
    Jun 21, 2005
    Good album, but 2 of the songs shouldn't be on the album and replaced by some of his great B-sides he plays live. Pretty Pretty Star for example, it goes in alle directions at the same time, to end up nowhere. This in line with Sorrows (in blue), some great parts in it but the chorus...hmm If you're expecting a Corgan guitar-album, don't buy it... Highlights (and that are a Good album, but 2 of the songs shouldn't be on the album and replaced by some of his great B-sides he plays live. Pretty Pretty Star for example, it goes in alle directions at the same time, to end up nowhere. This in line with Sorrows (in blue), some great parts in it but the chorus...hmm If you're expecting a Corgan guitar-album, don't buy it... Highlights (and that are a lot) are: Now and Then, Mina Loy, the beautiful Strayz, DIA (with THE Chamberlin on drums!) The Camera Eye and I'm Ready all great songs from one of the most genius songwriters all time. And maybe next time he will pick up the guitar again, cause after this totally different album of him, noone in the future will blame him anymore for sitting on his past (what he wanted to avoid at all cost) Expand
  16. critter
    AMAZING!
  17. vani
    Jun 20, 2005
    me encanta este album. es muy tierno!
  18. barbie
    FANTASTICCCCCCCCCCCCCC!
  19. soldierg
    Jun 22, 2005
    wow, better than I expected. For at least most of the cd i was in awe the first time listening to this. I guess this is the direction i hoped he would go, but the shoegazer synth backdrops I didn't see coming. They were deep pools of beauty to swim around in. yes, i'm a sp fan, but this sounds pretty distinctly unlike anything he's ever done before. that's my $.02
  20. martin
    great!
  21. JohnnyM
    Jun 23, 2005
    beautiful
  22. mc
    Jun 29, 2005
    It is like the Pumpkins meet the Bright Eyes (digital ash in a d digital urn). It's a very smooth sound. Mellow and dirty at the same time. I dig.
  23. CarlaS
    Aug 11, 2005
    This album is a work of genius that is shamefully underappreciated now, but will be regarded as a masterpiece by critics in a few years (much like Adore). It's a unified sonic experience from start to finish that leaves me with a different favourite song at each listen. Billy's guitar work is stellar and his lyrics have depth and beauty. Standout tunes are CameraEye, Mina Loy, This album is a work of genius that is shamefully underappreciated now, but will be regarded as a masterpiece by critics in a few years (much like Adore). It's a unified sonic experience from start to finish that leaves me with a different favourite song at each listen. Billy's guitar work is stellar and his lyrics have depth and beauty. Standout tunes are CameraEye, Mina Loy, Walking Shade, A100, and Strayz, as well as the Bees Cover, toLOVEsomebody. The live show was awesome and the video for Walking Shade is a visual treat. Expand
  24. PaulS
    Sep 18, 2005
    One of the greatest CD's Corgan has ever produced!
  25. M-Stylez
    Apr 1, 2006
    First thing first: In my opinion, Mr. Billy Corgan
  26. squall
    Jun 3, 2006
    oo. this album is one of the best albums ive ever listned to. but this wasnt my first opinion. to be honest, ive always been a huge pumpkins fan, since gish. i heard he had a solo album but i never got around to getting up and looking for it. well one day my sister called me up and said that she just bought 2 tickets to see billy in hollywood. we went, on the way she played me the future oo. this album is one of the best albums ive ever listned to. but this wasnt my first opinion. to be honest, ive always been a huge pumpkins fan, since gish. i heard he had a solo album but i never got around to getting up and looking for it. well one day my sister called me up and said that she just bought 2 tickets to see billy in hollywood. we went, on the way she played me the future embrace cd. i was like. hmm. billy sounds awesome, but im not sure if this is all that great. we got there, and when billy walked out on stage it was incredible. you can tell he knew what he was doing. this is the same man whjo created to awesome band, the smashing pumpkins. when he started playing and i saw that all that "synth" and "electronica" was actually comming out of his guitr and not 10 sets of keyboards, i was flabbergasted. this is the real deal! this is amazing, this is BRAND NEW! this has never been done before, this is absolutly incredible music. those disrespecting the machina album have no idea what he was doing in that album. machina and future embrace are my favorite cds o this day. people said machina was all "synth" blah blah blah, this is new, individual style music with a new rock and roll sound. with a meaning! does anyone relize what machina was about? does anyone realize there was a concept to the entire album? well there was and its incredible. im not going to ruin it for you but ill give u a clue. glass is billy. we are the ghost children. the machines of god were a band. june is a woman. billy is not stupid, he knows what hes doing. something that was never done before, something thats not fake and done over and over again. this is the future embrace. it wil grow on you like a really awesome tumour- that wont kill you. Expand
  27. LeandroR
    Feb 1, 2007
    muito bom!
  28. Jared
    Jun 21, 2005
    Amazing. Truly original and inspiring.
  29. DustinM
    Jun 21, 2005
    He continues to reinvent himself while writing great songs.
  30. BillyS
    Jun 21, 2005
    Great electronic guitar sounds...step up from Zwan no doubt, and a good pre-cursor for now what seems to be a Pumpkins reunion in the near future...
    Jun 29, 2005
    If you are listening to this expecting to hear smashing pumpkins, dont even bother. If you are listening to this because you have respect for the artist, and an open mind for new and exciting things then definately check this record out. I love it, and the live show is even better. What an amazing show.
  32. AH
    Jul 11, 2005
    Whether a fan of Corgan's persona or not, one cannot dispute the the artful brilliance this artist is able to convey with his wide range of musical deliveries throughout the years. The Future Remeberance picks up where The Smashing Pumpkin's "Adore" left off and continues with Corgan's experimentation with Techno pyschdelics. This rich, multi-layered synthesized journey Whether a fan of Corgan's persona or not, one cannot dispute the the artful brilliance this artist is able to convey with his wide range of musical deliveries throughout the years. The Future Remeberance picks up where The Smashing Pumpkin's "Adore" left off and continues with Corgan's experimentation with Techno pyschdelics. This rich, multi-layered synthesized journey seems to again be written at a time when Corgan is seeking answers for the imperfections in his life. The honesty in the lyrics, along with the wandering melody and levitating sounds worksand is definately worth a listen. Expand

1. Future mostly sounds like a bunch of so-so Smashing Pumpkins songs, stripped of everything except Corgan's adenoidal vocals, and then set to a chorus of synths and electronic drumbeats.
  2. There's nothing as heroic as Smashing Pumpkins' Tonight Tonight, but Now (And Then) is a surprisingly successful attempt at emotion. [Jul 2005, p.113]
    Corgan allows a surprisingly vulnerable side to appear. [Jul 2005, p.96]