8.0

Review this album

1. Oct 8, 2013
    Maybe it's their sound, maybe their lyrics, but this band always keeps me coming back for something new, and they never disappoint. I'm going to be jamming out to this one for a while, and I'm sure there are songs on this album for everyone to do the same.
  2. Oct 8, 2013
    Panic! At the Disco is back with their fourth studio album. Many people complain that they do not sound like "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out". Well to be perfectly blunt with you, they haven't sounded like "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" since "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out".

Panic! At the Disco's sound changes as the years progress, and it's for the better. This time they've given us "Too
    Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die!" and I will be honest I like it better than their debut album.

'This is Gospel' is the first track on the album and the second single from the album. It is energetic and reminiscent of their old work, but with a very "Too Weird/Too Rare" sound to it. It is quite the throwback to old fans and newcomers alike.

The album features 10 songs each telling a story. Too Weird/Too Rare will infect you with it's heavy drum beats and mesmerizing vocals. As a long time Panic! At the Disco fan, this change in their sound is more than welcome.
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    Maybe sounds more of the same, but, Panic! At the Disco has a great sonority and awesome lyrics. The album is short but every song can be a great single.
  4. Oct 8, 2013
    It could be because I've been a huge fan of the band since the outbreak of "I Write Sins", but this band deserves a rate of 10. With each album, single, video (ect.) these guys find a way to stir up the pot, get people talking, and change their sound. The album is coated with catchy, irresistible choruses and with the addition of Dallon Weekes, recently becoming a threesome, Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die is definitely a record with much put-forth effort. Expand
  5. Oct 11, 2013
    Um dos melhores cd's que já ouvi na minha vida... super demais, com um gostinho misterioso e com a pitada certa de nostalgia que só o Panic! At the Disco consegue colocar nas suas musicas, arisco dizer que Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die! superou Vices & Virtues, destaque para as musicas This Is Gospel, Miss Jackson, Nicotine, Girls/Girls/Boys!
  6. Apr 3, 2014
    It may be an unpopular opinion, but every time Panic! releases an album, I think it's better than the last. They just keep on getting good. I agree with one user that hey haven't sounded like "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" since "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out", and I think that's great! At the time, the album was a massive success, especially since the genre was prevalent, with FOB being quite famous.

As for the album, I think the only one I didn't like that much was "Girl That You Love". As for the other songs, I think they were really, really good. They won't beat the lyrical genius of "Fever" (Haven't you heard that I'm the new cancer?), but still good. I guess two of my favorites would be "Nicotine" and "Collar Full". "This Is Gospel" gets a special mention because I love how the verse starts out with Urie using a vocoder, then blasts us in the chorus with his awesome voice. Brilliant.

If you haven't heard the bonus songs, you should. "All The Boys" is pretty good too.

Let me just say this, Panic is doing much more than reinventing themselves. They're evolving.
  7. Jun 14, 2014

1. Oct 29, 2013
    Panic! At The Disco's latest offering is a good time, almost all the time. [5 Oct 2013, p.52]
  2. Oct 22, 2013
    Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die! is cold and computerized, celebrating an aesthetic that proudly values overbearing, repetitious style over creative substance and varied timbres.
  3. The different moods and soundscapes take awhile to digest and let sink in, but every trip back to the dim dance floor has your feet leaving the disco with fresh moves and new accolades.