Toxicity - System Of A Down
9.3

Review this album

1. Jan 13, 2011
    Every song on the album sounds great to my ears and nobody else sounds close to their greatness of alternative metal and great vocals by the two singers.
  2. Jul 4, 2012
    every song have single potential and with a classic include in the album like chop suey i love all the minutes hearing it. its one of the best rock albums of recent memory
  3. Jun 5, 2011
    I've never hated a single song by System really.
    This is one of their greatest albums in my opinion.

And Chop Suey has mixed views on what the lyrics mean.
    One being it's about the "Angels" being the "Good" people who look away from those whose lives have been destroyed.
    The other being about Jesus.
  4. Jun 23, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant metal record. A must. A perfect mix of amazing riffs, good rhythms and expressive feelings, especially with songs like Chop Suey, Toxicity or the sweet closing title Aerials .
  5. Jul 28, 2011
    great album i especially liked aeriels, toxicity, and chop suey but i think that this is SOADs best album. BTW this album deserves way more than a **** 7.3!!!!
  6. DME
    Nov 17, 2011
    My only problem with Toxicity is the lyrics being way too repetetive (most noticable in the song "Science")and songs being too short. What really bothered me though, was the almost-unlistenable screaming done in the choruses of some songs. But the instrumentals are amazing and the song's verses do have some great rhythem. It's not terrible, but it's nowhere near perfect.
  7. Nov 24, 2011
    Toxicity official establishes System as one of the best metal bands out today. I liked nearly every track off the album and it is easily their best album.
  8. Dec 30, 2010
    I was rather late to the System of a Down party, only discovering them a few years ago and I loved this album, this is a great album and I strongly recommend this to metal-heads and others alike.
  9. Sep 10, 2011
    I love this album. It's most certainly System of a Down at their very, very best...and very, very craziest. Some of this is actually funny, but I think it's intended that way.
  10. Aug 3, 2011
    i like every song in this album they are all crazy and experimental. but you still get that nu-metal feeling sometimes .but i am a bit disappointed WHY ISNT THIS ALBUM A MUCH LONGER. i mean its soo short
  11. Nov 29, 2011
    I think it was a great album. System has really re-invented theirselves with this album and it worked out for the better. This is a must listen to for any fan of metal.
  12. Mar 5, 2012
    This is system of a downs worst album but it is still one of those albums where you can enjoy every track and can't resist the urge to listen to it again.
  13. Feb 13, 2012
    A really solid, rockin' metal album. Almost every single song is a good one. Toxicity could quite possibly be one of the greatest metal songs ever written. Great, great album.
  14. Mar 17, 2012
    After listening to Toxicity (the track), Chop Suey, Forest and Aerials I thought it'd be a good thing to check out the whole album, considering I really liked these songs. However, the first five tracks already gave me the feeling that this ain't the right thing for me. If I would've listened to this 4 years ago I would've liked it more than I did now, back when I preferred heavy metal adrenaline rushes over meaningful songs. From the first 5 tracks I suppose Needles has its moments and Deer Song isn't all that bad, but Chop Suey is the first song from the album that I can call good. The 5 earlier tracks are just too bumpy to stick, I could listen to them over and over again and I would barely remember anything from them. Same goes for Bounce. Forest is still definitely metal, but has a more serious nature, a bit like Chop Suey. ATWA and Science both started promising, but what supposedly are the climaxes of these songs are mediocre. The tracks are rather good, however, but only because they aren't too much of hyperactive metal songs as songs like Bounce or Shimmy. Psycho is pretty much another adrenaline rush/chillrock mix, and as usual I prefer the chill parts. Aerials, the last track is truly the best from the album, it has quite a lot of symbolism in the lyrics and isn't bumpy or unnecessary hyperactive, truly, everything in this track is optimalized and shows how much SOAD really has as a band, the bass picking is very nice, the guitar riffs are powerful, but don't oppress the vocals. Speaking of which, this track vocally is also the peak of the album.

Overall, this album could've been way better than it was. No, I am not a metalhead, so maybe that's why I couldn't enjoy this as much as some other people, but I like every music genre as long as it's performed the right way. SOAD is a great band, but Toxicity as an album is just OK. It has its moments, but that's about it, for me it was an album with 4 great songs and a lot of fillers.
  15. Apr 21, 2012
    One of the best metal albums of the 21st century. System of a Down is the most melodically-sound metal band on the planet and they manage to create great songs without ever sounding repetitive. Anyone who says otherwise is either a) a hipster/douchebag or b) an idiot.
  16. Apr 26, 2012
    Aww yeah love SOAD! They are such an amazing band!!! Every song is good!! Metal all the way! Woo Hoo!! Serj and Daron collaborate very nicely. Beautiful ending "Aerials"
  17. Jul 14, 2013
    The best album of all times, just amazing...different from anything I've heard before...deep, melodic and epic piece of artwork...no one will ever come close to this perfection, even SOAD
  18. Nov 23, 2012
    Toxicity is undoubtedly the best album of the 2000s. It consosts of three amazing tracks (Aerials, Chop Suey! and Toxicity) along with several other great pieces that I would gladly listen to. The melodies are awe-spiring as I can't help but get addicted to them with multiple goose gumps in almost every song. Subjective? Maybe. But no one can argue that System of a Down have delivered the most innovative and artisticly well-crafted album of their genre (and not only) since the new millenium. Anyone can listen to these songs having the same great feeling eleven years later after its release. We can't tell that about those nowadays with the quality of the music industry quite low right now. Expand
  19. Dec 22, 2012
    This album is crazy. Chop Suey! (regardless if anyone hates it) is probably the best song ever. Aerials is amazing as well. gReat job.
  20. Mar 11, 2013
    Note to readers System of a Down's first album is by far my favorite album by them, so these other albums are great but if I say there the best band ever but give their other cds 8s or 7s now you know. Any way this album provides many great songs in sound and meaning. Though some songs get older than others, this cd should be pleasing to many audiences.
  21. Nov 27, 2013
    Their easiest album to get into to. It's not different enough to scare people away, and it's not simplistic enough to blend in with the rest. This album holds some of my favorite songs by them like, "Prison Song", "X", "Chop Suey!", to name a few. The best on the album in my opinion are Aerials, and X. The haunting and well written melody of Aerials, mixed with the meaningful lyrics make one of the best rock tracks of the decade, while the fast paced, and hard hitting X is one of the heaviest on the album. If you haven't heard the album yet, you're missing out on something. Expand
  22. Jan 18, 2014
    I suppose that most of the 10s for this album are because of the song Chop Suey! Yes I admit that it is a brilliant song, but the album that it is featured on is not at great as this song would suggest. There are some good songs on this but for the most part its boring art-metal with overly political anti-American lyrics that get tiresome quickly. Credit is given to Serj Tankian's impressive singing range and the brilliant guitar work from Daron Malakian, and also to the songs Prison Song and Chop Suey!, the shorter 2 minute songs however are purely filler and are uninteresting. Expand
  23. Dec 12, 2013
    this is my favorite album, simply the best
    System of a Down is very amazing
    I know this album backwards and not ing me this strange work
    **** the system

1. When System's at their best, the Los Angeles four-piece evokes most vividly punk politicos the Dead Kennedys.... Yet the band sputters out when the lyrics are awash in vagueness.
    Toxicity is virtually unlistenable: thrash metal splintered into a million pieces by unnecessary time changes, topped off with excruciatingly theatrical vocals. [Dec 2001, p.118]
  3. Cast in layers upon layers of aural intricacy, Toxicity charters new frontiers, yet it’s still grinding rock at its most deafening.