Ultra Beatdown - DragonForce
7.5

Review this album

1. Oct 22, 2010
    This is my favorite Dragonforce album, and I can't wait for the next (while this one should hold me over for a while). If you are a Dragonforce fan, then I highly recommend buying this album. I agree with ThomasB, listen to the actual album in its entirety before you spout random hatred at this band with info you got from Youtube comments. I also agree with HannahC, find the bonus tracks somewhere and listen to them. They are amazing. Love this album. Love this band. Hats off to D-Force for being awesome again. Expand
  2. Nov 17, 2011
    Doesnt really do enough to seperate from the norm of a Dragonforce album but it does feature some good tracks and it will be enjoyable to most fans of the band.
  3. Jan 13, 2012
    Its ok. A few good songs on it but compared to the other albums by Dragonforce, It wasnt all that good. The songs sounded too similar and didnt have the variety that other albums did. Their sound was a little different this time around and I didnt like it, Didnt seem up to par as their old stuff. I can understand them having to evolve but in this case, they devolved.

It was an ok album
    that die hard fans will love but first time listeners are better off starting with the old stuff and working their way forward. Expand
  4. Dec 10, 2013
    Dragonforce has pleased me with no end. It is great for all things, gaming, working out, and even to sleep to. I have listened to all of their songs at least 10 times each. This album, however, was one of their best. It really brought new life to the world of Power Metal. The lightning fast solos and powerful lyrics made this band what they are today and i hope continue to power their way through the world of Power Metal with even better albums and songs. Expand

1. Power metal may not be the most inventive musical style on the planet, but Dragonforce are making it more exciting than most anyone else has for quite some time.
  2. Ultra Beatdown is a relentless explosion of power metal serving as a superb master class for fledgling shredders on any instrument. [Sep 2008, p.152] [Sep 208, p.152]
  3. Those in the know can attest DF is merely coming into its own after years on the touring circuit.