- Summary: Some of the third studio album for the former star of Sonny With A Chance and the Camp Rock movies was recorded after she sought treatment for self-harm and bulimia.
- Record Label: Hollywood
- Genre(s): Pop/Rock
- More Details and Credits »
Dec 13, 2011Unbroken would be a far better album without them [the first four, "utterly vapid" songs] but like it or not they're there, sitting right out in front. It'd seem tragic if such a descriptor wasn't being used to describe an album so laced with actual, genuine tragedy.
Oct 23, 20111. All Night Long- It's a good opener, but not a great song as a whole. It's catchy, but didn't leave me amazed.
2. Who's That Boy- Probably1. All Night Long- It's a good opener, but not a great song as a whole. It's catchy, but didn't leave me amazed.
2. Who's That Boy- Probably the next single. Not my favorite choice. It's good, but not for her younger fans. It can get suggestive at times.
3. You're My Only Shorty- It's good, when she sings. Too much Iyaz! 4. Together- I like it, but it's not the best duet on the album. I rank it after ANL. It's got a great tune.
5. Lightweight- Beautiful! Great vocal performance. I loved it from the first listen!
6. Unbroken- The best dance song on the album, but doesn't show off her vocals at all. It's really fun, though!
7. Fix a Heart- I put my guess on this as the 3rd single. It has to be good. It charted at 60 something on Billboard without an official release. It didn't chart like that for nothing. It's really nice, but some parts are a little... awkward.
8. Hold Up- I like it, but it's not amazing. It's really fun and is very pop. It's going to be a good dance song. Maybe it's because it's around the best songs on the CD, but I'm not crazy about it.
9. Mistake- My favorite song on the CD! It's not so much fun, or beautiful. It's got a great feel to it! Great vocals, lyrics, tune, instruments. A perfect song
10. Give Your Heart a Break- It's danceable, but it doesn't forget her great vocals! I loved it from first listen. It's really fun!
11. Skyscraper- I loved it as a single, but not in comparison to the rest of the CD.
12. In Real Life- I really like it :) It has a VERY different feel from the rest of the CD. It's very R&B, and has great vocals!
13. My Love is Like a Star- I really like this song. Not many people do (I don't know why). It's really nice. It's beautiful.
14. For the Love of a Daughter- It's REALLY sad. It'll have some people in tears. But it's beautiful. You have to hear it!… Expand
Sep 20, 2011Demi Lovato returns to the music scene after a rough year, with 'Unbroken'. Demi showcases her big voice in this Pop/R&B influenced album. SheDemi Lovato returns to the music scene after a rough year, with 'Unbroken'. Demi showcases her big voice in this Pop/R&B influenced album. She leaves her Disney Pop/Rock sound and settles for an for a more mature yet playful pop&B sound. This album is destined to be one of the most successful albums of the year. this album introduces us to a new side of Demi and it shows that she can be a true R&B queen… Expand
Sep 24, 2011I didn't like this at all. Childish music, it's even worse than Justin Bieber's. Don't waste your money on this :/ You got a lot to learnI didn't like this at all. Childish music, it's even worse than Justin Bieber's. Don't waste your money on this :/ You got a lot to learn Demi...
Jul 2, 2012The vocal power in this album is truly amazing. I didn't know Demi had such a strong voice. Actually, I never really noticed her voice thatThe vocal power in this album is truly amazing. I didn't know Demi had such a strong voice. Actually, I never really noticed her voice that much. She was always being overshadowed by her rivals, Selena Gomez & the Scene. But with this album, she casts her shadow upon Selena and all those other teen pop stars. Her voice reigns in this album. But, it is a pretty dramatic change for Demi. Seeing as her past two albums were mainly pop/rock or acoustic, this one incorporates dance and R&B. The high points in the album are definitely the ballads. Songs like the beautiful Lightweight, the exceptionally sung Fix A Heart, and the vulnerable For The Love of A Daughter, which is the true highlight of the album. But I do criticize on the amount of party songs in this album. The first four tracks are rapid songs that shouldn't really be at the front. They would have fit better somewhere in the middle or the end of the album. Also, this is supposed to be Lovato's most personal album to date, but it is also the one where she contributes the least. She co-writes only 5 tracks. The album seems a little insincere at times. But, For The Love of A Daughter saves it. She sings with such vulnerability and sincerity, it makes you want to cry. It is the most raw track in the album as well. With some of the most amazing vocals I have ever heard and some top-notch production, Unbroken is one of my favorite albums I have heard in some time. HIGHLIGHTS: Give Your Heart A Break, Lightweight, Fix A Heart, For The Love of A Daughter, All Night Long.… Expand
Oct 11, 2013Demi Lovato's entrance into R&B-esque music might have been bizarre to contemporary audiences after her public battle with emotional stressDemi Lovato's entrance into R&B-esque music might have been bizarre to contemporary audiences after her public battle with emotional stress and self-harm. But Unbroken is not necessarily a miss on any level. Although appearances from well-known and upcoming hip-hop musicians such as Timbaland, Missy Elliot, Dev, and Jason Derulo are flattering attempts at trying to channel Lovato's inner Christina Aguilera-esque diva, Lovato is at her strongest in her ballads such as the heartwrenching lead single "Skyscraper" and the very personal ending "For the Love of a Daughter" (which deals with Lovato's struggling relationship with her now late father in the same vein as former Disney starlet Lindsay Lohan's 2005 single "Confessions of a Broken Heart"). Unbroken helps solidify her status as a powerful young singer-songstress at least with her "Lovatics".… Expand
Dec 16, 2012Demi's just failed to transmit the message on this album. She's just been through a lot in the past months and it just feels like it has allDemi's just failed to transmit the message on this album. She's just been through a lot in the past months and it just feels like it has all been ignored. It looks like she's the real & raw Demi only on "Skyscraper", which wasn't written by herself, "Fix a Heart" and "For The Love of a Daughter". The other songs just come out as simple pop songs, and also don't make her look grown up at all, for me. In fact, they do (check out "Who's That Boy"), but not in the way many were expecting. "All Night Long", "Give Your Heart a Break", "Hold Up" and "Unbroken" are the best picks off of the album, still, they're faceless. Not that I was expecting a Lovato's version of "Goodbye Lullaby", but she would have sounded more mature in a "I've lived and I've learned" way, and not in a "I can see us sneaking ways from the back of the club to a bed in the shades" way, and unfortunately, the latter way is the one presented on this record.… Expand
Oct 28, 2012Failure Long as was waiting for this album i wish musics like Skyscraper but On this albun there's just eletro-beat songs and some other badFailure Long as was waiting for this album i wish musics like Skyscraper but On this albun there's just eletro-beat songs and some other bad emotional music Please Demi, show the real you and get back to your truly style… Expand
|Doolittle 25 - Pixies|
|Physical Graffiti [Remastered] - Led Zeppelin|
|To Pimp A Butterfly - Kendrick Lamar|
|Black Messiah - D'Angelo|
|The Smithsonian Folkways Collection [Box Set] - Lead Belly|
|Bouquets from a Cloudy Sky: The Complete Pretty Things Collection [Box Set] - The Pretty Things|
|Carrie & Lowell - Sufjan Stevens|
|No Cities to Love - Sleater-Kinney|
|G Stands For Go-Betweens, Vol. 1 [Box Set] - The Go-Betweens|
|Apex Predator - Easy Meat - Napalm Death|
|Hand.Cannot.Erase. - Steven Wilson|
|The Fade in Time - Sam Lee|
|The Mindsweep - Enter Shikari|
|Sometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit - Courtney Barnett|
|From Kinshasa - Mbongwana Star|
|Choose Your Weapon - Hiatus Kaiyote|
|Extra Painful - Yo La Tengo|
|Complicated Game - James McMurtry|
|Ten Love Songs - Susanne Sundfør|
|Vulnicura - Björk|