Alright, Still - Lily Allen
7.5

Review this album

1. Nov 15, 2011
    The best of britpop began with this beautiful pin-up album from Lily Allen. She setted again the fire for the pop from the Great Britain, with different style. We get the best from her in 'Alfie', 'Smile' and 'LDN', songs that remind us from the very first beggining of the knockout of England, musically speaking.
  2. Aug 24, 2010
    I bought this album in my younger, Pop-loving days, and remember thoroughly enjoying it upon first listening. Highlights include "Knock 'Em Out" (the chorus makes that song. A poppy, interesting and catchy tune.) and "Take What You Take", (good lyrics and the appropriate pop voice) although there is some less-worthy songs on here. These include "Friday Night" (just, not a very good song. uninteresting and irritating) and "Friend Of Mine" (frankly, boring.)
    While the album is mainly made up of good tracks, it also includes not-so-good tracks, and, while this is acceptable, her singing voice is barely past satisfactory either. Coming from her rich background, the album has a strong feel of "I DID NOT WRITE THESE LYRICS, AND NEITHER DO I FEEL THEM!" and although she fits in perfectly with "Take What You Take" and few others, most songs seem out of her genre. Better luck fitting in next time Lily.
    6/10. Why? Because while the album includes good songs, she isn't amazingly talented and doesn't sport the greatest of personalities, which reflects in her songs to create a more manufactured feel across the otherwise satisfactory record.
  3. Nov 1, 2012
    "Alright, Still" is one of that few albums that manages to create a pop sound and incorporate sarcasm in it - it's just wonderful. Try the deluxe version - you'll be surprised.
  4. Mar 27, 2011
    "Alright, Still" is an album that sounds catchy as the nursery rhymes with mature lyrics. The album is pop with Caribbean influences and the soft voice which make it sounds so entertaining. It stays away from the generic mainstream pop sound and it sounds cool as ever.
  5. Jul 25, 2012
    Mixing clever lyrics with some nice tunes and plenty of samples thrown on top, Alright Still is something fresh and different. Released when it was fashionable to sing with a strong accent (Arctic Monkeys, Kate Nash all on the scene at this time), this can grate a little when listening to it now. Although a totally different genre, I find this record almost like a sister album to the Arctic Monkeys "Whatever You Say I Am...". Tales of daily life and weekend nights out portrayed using clever lyrics and accented vocals. Alright Still - not usually my kind of thing but I enjoy listening to it. Well worth a listen. Expand
  6. Jun 3, 2014
    Genius pop music and one of the most pleasant-sounding albums I have ever heard. Just sunny, sassy, British pop music. LDN is one of the Top 5 best pop songs of the 2000s, in my opinion. One of my favorite albums ever, actually. Yeah, it's good.
  7. May 12, 2014
    This is ok. Sme songs are better than others and I particularly liked the lyrics to 'Friend of Mine', The main reason I bought the album ,though, was for the track entitled 'Littlest Things' Which sets the beautiful main theme from the 1974 film 'Emmanuelle' to lyrics. I am somewhat amazed that permission was granted to do this.
  8. Aug 6, 2013
    There are no bad songs on this album. This will always be my favorite CD and Lily will always be one of my favorite singers. The best track is probably "Friday Night".
  9. Apr 16, 2014
    I laughed a lot with this album. Lily just explores things through other points of view. She's literal: she doesn't need to say what she believes with metaphors, she just says what she feels with the words she feels. All tracks are catchy and lovely. Her voice is sweet, and the music is just great. I really enjoyed this album: it's hilariously good!

1. Lyrically, Allen spins the street-slang tales of blowjobs and booze told with varying success by everyone from The Streets to Shampoo.
  2. Sheâ??s funky, confident and fun, and thatâ??s just on the first song.
  3. For now, it's way more than a stop-gap but sadly not the second coming you might have been hoping for.