• Record Label: Vice
  • Release Date: Jul 10, 2007
8.8

Review this album

1. Mar 22, 2011
    I've been waiting for a dance album this good for years. Not since Homework or Metro Area have I been so jaw-droppingly astounded by the quality of not only the production on the tracks, but the actual tunes themselves. The quality does drop slightly the further you progress through Cross, but it starts at such a high level that this is inevitable. If you love quality dance or electronicaI've been waiting for a dance album this good for years. Not since Homework or Metro Area have I been so jaw-droppingly astounded by the quality of not only the production on the tracks, but the actual tunes themselves. The quality does drop slightly the further you progress through Cross, but it starts at such a high level that this is inevitable. If you love quality dance or electronica and you don't have this album, then stop reading this sentence and.... Expand
  2. Oct 31, 2010
    Well... this caught me by suprise. Everyone compares this to Daft Punk, but -here's the shocker- it's not. Every song has it's own feel. The highlights of course are Genesis, D.A.N.C.E., Waters of Nazareth and my favorite, Stress. Every time I listen to each song, I notice new sound I never heard before. A masterful album, hats off to Justice, I'm still in awe.
  3. Jul 30, 2013
    I don't really see why people keep comparing Justice to Daft Punk. They both totally have unique sounds. That being said, this album is, in my opinion, one of the best electronic albums of the last decade. I was getting tired of the endless flow of house music on the radio, and i almost thought that there was never going to be an artist as good as daft punk, patrick alavi or evenI don't really see why people keep comparing Justice to Daft Punk. They both totally have unique sounds. That being said, this album is, in my opinion, one of the best electronic albums of the last decade. I was getting tired of the endless flow of house music on the radio, and i almost thought that there was never going to be an artist as good as daft punk, patrick alavi or even deadmau5. That was before i discovered this album.
    It starts off with a dark, grungy sound on the epic opener ''genesis''. If you don't like this sound, you might as well just stop listening already. What comes afterwards is, in my opinion, sort of a roadblock. ''Let there be light'' starts with promising drums, but sticks to the simple four-chord melody for basically the rest of the song. Luckily, the good things keep going on afterwards, with the extremely catchy ''D.A.N.C.E'', the professionally sampled ''Newjack" and, the highlights of the album, ''Phantom'' and ''Phantom pt. 2''. These songs are the album in a nutshell: grungy, distorted, dark, but melodic at the same time. The 6 songs that come afterwards are awesome, good, or in the worst case, ''not that good''. They never completely disappoint though. The album ends with ''one minute to midnight'', which kind of sounds like rock music, just like ''stress''.
    If you are a fan of a dark, raw sound you might just love this album. If you like a lighter sound, just stick to the radio-house, for sake.

Great songs: Genesis, D.A.N.C.E, Phantom, Phantom pt. 2, Stress, One minute to midnight.
    Less-great songs: Let there be light, Ttthhheee pppaaarrrtttyyy, DVNO
  4. Sep 6, 2013
    Justice stick out like a sore thumb when it comes to electro. They use all of the tried and true formulas to making a dance hit, yet it never, ever sounds uncreative or generic. This album is very distinct, as the use of a loud and gritty synth is used on nearly all the tracks (D.A.N.C.E being the only one without it) sometimes it is used in short stabs (Stress) and sometimes it is used asJustice stick out like a sore thumb when it comes to electro. They use all of the tried and true formulas to making a dance hit, yet it never, ever sounds uncreative or generic. This album is very distinct, as the use of a loud and gritty synth is used on nearly all the tracks (D.A.N.C.E being the only one without it) sometimes it is used in short stabs (Stress) and sometimes it is used as the lead of the track (Genesis, Phantom pt.1, Waters of Nazareth) This is great because now Justice have a very handy factor; a signature sound. The most Justice-y tracks (Waters of Nazareth, Phantom part 1 and 2, Genesis) are by far the best, with the vocal tracks DVNO and D.A.N.C.E. being radio and dancefloor friendly. (Save for Uffie's terrible contribution on Tthhee Ppaarrttyy which would have been better as an instrumental). Expand

1. Justice know when to curtail the industrial strike and dazzle you with some star-skipping pop-chime, or a warble of gloopy future funk, before tossing you back into the unlit mire.
  2. Justice? Talent to spare, but that doesn't stop '†' being just another frustrating dance music album.
  3. At its core, Cross is loud, restless, and daring. A creative tour de force, Justice have unleashed an era-defining album for the children of acid house.