Get Rich Or Die Tryin'

8.4

Review this album

1. CrystalM
    Feb 18, 2003
    50 cent is so fine a no matter what that b**** Ja Rule has to say about him I still love his fine ass!
  2. Apr 9, 2011
    Along with Marshall Matters Lp, Blueprint, Eminem Show, College Dropout, This few albums were the only classic hip hop albums released in the 2000s. 50cent took the music industry with surprise with this album but bigger thanks to Eminem and Dr Dre, i believe anyone who rides with Em and Dre cant lose. Classic !!!!!
  3. AdamJ
    Feb 9, 2005
    This isn't a bad album. But this is not the savior or rap, nor does rap really need a savior at the moment. Even dolts like this can sell 6 million copies. 50 cent wasn't a hot name for many years for a reason: He's a decent enough rapper but he's far from ever turning out anything classic, lyrically or musically. The guy just isn't a classic flow. He's spent This isn't a bad album. But this is not the savior or rap, nor does rap really need a savior at the moment. Even dolts like this can sell 6 million copies. 50 cent wasn't a hot name for many years for a reason: He's a decent enough rapper but he's far from ever turning out anything classic, lyrically or musically. The guy just isn't a classic flow. He's spent years going after Ja Rule, apparently because Ja Rule's men both shot AND stabbed him, but his public persona is "gangsta" when pretty much everyone who can remember "Boo Boo" knows better. Columbia let him go because they didn't see a future for him. His albums flopped and flopped again until his name got hooked into Eminem's and now he's riding Eminem's quickly declining star of fame. 50 will sell a couple million more here, but very quickly he's going ot become the 50 cent the public at first rejected, and for a reason: His flow sometimes falls behind any beat too challenging, his rhymes are juvenile, and as we can see with Candy Shop, he's now ripping off a formula he spent two years ridiculing (With the help of Eminem- truth be known, Eminem is the one who ripped Ja apart, not 50 cent.). All in all, a forgettable, pop rap album. Expand
  4. ronron
    May 5, 2003
    There will be a rapper who has the skills of Tupac and Biggie combined but I think that 50cent will never measure of to them because their too deep and they can rap good, my opinion. Ja rule compared to him is a better rapper.
  5. BrentP
    Feb 10, 2004
    There are only 2 good tracks on this album ("Many Men" and Don't Push Me"). First of all, Ja Rule and 50 are both alike on the fact that they are stereotypical manstreemers. The only reason guys like the album because Em and Dre are involved and the only reason girls like the album is because he is good looking. I agree that the production on the album is exeptional but 50 just There are only 2 good tracks on this album ("Many Men" and Don't Push Me"). First of all, Ja Rule and 50 are both alike on the fact that they are stereotypical manstreemers. The only reason guys like the album because Em and Dre are involved and the only reason girls like the album is because he is good looking. I agree that the production on the album is exeptional but 50 just spoils the tracks with rhymes that lack creativity. He is not even the best in G-Unit. Lloyd Banks is incredible on "Dont Push Me." If there were any justice in this world, artist like Lloyd and Canibus would be getting these lucrative contracts instead of 50 and Rule. 3/10 at best mainly because of production. Expand
  6. ChrisM
    Feb 22, 2005
    its ok. nothing great like jay-z's black albumn
  7. PhilB
    Nov 12, 2004
    horrible........hes a fake, yea you sold drugs but who in the hood dont??? i give him props for survivin gettin shot but, it takes a man to do the shootin any1 can get shot. bout time he has a good album, no1 heard his first, it was terrible, he has eminem (one of the best lyricist ever) and dr dre (best producer in hip-hop) he gets a popular album but he dont get no street credit cause horrible........hes a fake, yea you sold drugs but who in the hood dont??? i give him props for survivin gettin shot but, it takes a man to do the shootin any1 can get shot. bout time he has a good album, no1 heard his first, it was terrible, he has eminem (one of the best lyricist ever) and dr dre (best producer in hip-hop) he gets a popular album but he dont get no street credit cause all aeropstale ppl bought it Expand
  8. rubenf
    Mar 10, 2005
    for the new comer 50 cent eminiems prodege, this album is really good. the beats are bumpin and the songs are very impresive. accept for the tired shots taken at ja rule this album pretty good.
  9. MarcL
    Feb 20, 2003
    Dis cd here kicks ass so much, whoever don't have it now u have to get it.
  10. CollinetteG
    Mar 2, 2003
    50 cent displays growth and raw natural talent that can't be denied. Get rich or die tryin is a classic just like Illmatic (NAS), Reasonable Doubt(JayZ) and Ready to die(Biggie Smalls).
  11. candyw
    Mar 24, 2003
    g..g.g..g unit this cd is real u have to be a g to feel it!
  12. shayvoniar
    Mar 8, 2003
    I love 50. I was with him when he 1st came out. I love his voice. his lyrics are so real. I know eminem is so pleased he found a winner in 50 cent
  13. K.C.Summers
    Apr 3, 2003
    Get Rich or Die Tryin is the hottest album out.
  14. TimL
    May 3, 2003
    I think this cd should be rated #1 because it is so good and that 50 cent just rocks the house when he rocks
  15. ur
    May 5, 2003
    the songs sound cheap, his rapping bores me, and he's ugly as h***. I don't think he's gonna make it. Yall say he's the shit but I know that there's a better rapper out there that is waiting come out, and soon you all will be bored with 50 cent because that's all he's worth.
  16. kabaalucyber
    May 7, 2003
    This c.d is the coolest. 50 cent should get an award as as the best up coming singer and his album is the best of the year.
  17. heyhey
    Jun 15, 2003
    "Get rich or die tryin'? honestly.. what message is this sending to out children?
  18. ErnestK-H
    Jan 28, 2004
    it go hard
  19. John
    Aug 18, 2004
    durh ah'm stoopid, wow... this guy is such an illiterate fool
  20. joesmokin
    Apr 3, 2006
    vey gd 1of mi favs
  21. bucky
    Mar 3, 2007
    this cd is awsome. curtis (aka 50 cent) is the shit man i met him hes cool fuck game man he is no good for nothin man same with ja rule man i heard about the sex tape with ja rule and the game fuckin fags man ill kill both of yah
  22. JesseA
    Dec 20, 2003
    this is my favourite music CD. its great!!! the first day i got it i listened to it 3 wholes times in one day!!! it could be a little better, if it had more songs with eminem and g-unit in.
  23. stingaj
    Dec 8, 2003
    Off the hook!
  24. demid
    Feb 15, 2003
    this joint is hot as hell if u dont like it you must not be a true hip hop fan
  25. JeffD
    Love it!
  26. AMANDAT
    thia is the best CD!!! and my nigga 50 is fine as hell
    Feb 24, 2003
    He's gangsta as hell, too gangsta for an average joe to handle.
  28. JimmyH
    #18,#5,#5,and the whole album is good
  29. YeseniaA
    Feb 25, 2003
    I gonna give dis CD a perfect 10, beacuse i loved the work 50 Cents had put in dis CD, and da way he had rapped wit other like Emimem and Dr.Dre, and G-unit. I love 50 Cents for being him.Im jus sayin dat dis album is da best out of my years.
  30. JoshD
    Feb 26, 2003
    50 Cent is the shit. His CD sounds a lot like something Tupac might release.
  31. jesseg
    Mar 10, 2003
    this cd is awesome i wish that 50 cent would come up with new songs because he has some potential and a good voice that he shouldnt waste.
  32. JajairaO
    Mar 26, 2003
    This album was the jump off for real. 50's album was heard all over the streets. Man listen 50 is that man he blew up.
  33. TihanaT
    50 cent is all that
  34. andrewd
    Mar 28, 2003
    this cd has become my favorite. I listen to it every day! Every song is good and you just can't get enought of 50 Cent!!!
  35. EliasV
    Mar 28, 2003
    50 cent album was so good....i have been waiting for a long time an album that brings back the essence and struggle of everday life in the ny city streets.... ive been following 50 for two years and i give 50 nothing but love..
  36. sylvesterl
    Mar 4, 2003
    50' is tha man so dont hate!
  37. chelseya
    Apr 11, 2003
    i think this cd should be rated #1because it is off the hook the music is tight the beat is bumpin and 50cent is so FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its my favorite cd well gotta bounce lataz chelsey!
  38. LaToyaT
    Apr 17, 2003
    This album that 50 released is to mutherfucking hard and real ass a bitch. Ain't nobody on his mutherfucking level, that's why that artificial ass nigga ja rule hating cause he been in the rap game longer but aint near 50. Fuck all haters and keep doing your Thug thizzell.
  39. AudraonaB
    Apr 6, 2003
    This is a piece of history. He is just describing his emotions through his raps. He lyrically a genius.
  40. johnnyg
    Apr 7, 2003
    dis is one of the hottest albums in the country
  41. TashaR
    May 13, 2003
    I love 50 he is so sexy exspecially with al them tattoos on his body. And hismusic is just like his image gangsta. I LOVE YOU 50!!!!!!!
  42. meganc
    May 10, 2003
    fifty cebt is a good cd to listen to and it has a lot of songs that people would listen to
  43. SueTurpening
    Jun 5, 2003
    Wicked
  47. AdamG
    Jun 7, 2003
    I'll give it a ten because of the song "21 Questions."
  48. kirstenc
    Jun 9, 2003
    itz kool i realy like it
  49. annas
    Jul 3, 2003
    How many kids are going to listen to this garbage?Besides you don't want to buy it at all!!!
  50. gsdsgdf
    Aug 12, 2003
    this is 1 ov my faverate cds it is f at
  51. jimjim
    Nov 4, 2004
    very good album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  52. jonnya
    Jan 5, 2004
    with rhymes like .. "we can do what you like cuz i know you like that" this album is way too hyped and straight comercial
  53. SamD
    Oct 3, 2005
    he seems like such a nice guy, yet he writes this shit!?! i miss when rap meant something, then it only sucked. now it sucks with a vengence
  54. jimmya
    Feb 15, 2005
    50 is the best,,,, G UNIT
  55. Figz
    Mar 16, 2005
    lets juss say his first C.D. is way better then his secound C.D. The massacre 2 much love songs a 100% pure garbage unlike Get Rich it is better not 11times plantinum plus worthy but better
  56. JoseG
    Oct 12, 2006
    One of the best CD;s ever made!!!! Truly outstanding, & screw that bitch Game.
  57. Tyrone
    Apr 30, 2006
    One of the greatest albums I have ever listened to. 50 cent is a little bit of BIG,Tupac, and Big L which explains his confidence/cockness noticible in every verse he spits. This album is a definite classic.
  58. DanteS
    Aug 21, 2006
    this is 50 Cent in his Prime. Before all the fame 50 was an amazing rapper tearing up mixtapes in every city. Guess Whos Back was filled with sick beats and even better lyric. Get Rich or Die Tryin' 1 ups Guess Whos Back with quite possibly the best collabo in Hip-Hop for its time: Dr. Dre & 50 Cent. Sure 50 sucks now but dont hate on this album full of instant classics and 50 cent this is 50 Cent in his Prime. Before all the fame 50 was an amazing rapper tearing up mixtapes in every city. Guess Whos Back was filled with sick beats and even better lyric. Get Rich or Die Tryin' 1 ups Guess Whos Back with quite possibly the best collabo in Hip-Hop for its time: Dr. Dre & 50 Cent. Sure 50 sucks now but dont hate on this album full of instant classics and 50 cent at his prime Expand
  59. BrannonM
    Apr 2, 2007
    He's not pac or big, but who cares. The beats on this album make it a classic, and he is a talented lyricist even if the gangsta themes are repetitive. Underrated artist, fuck haters.
  60. RamzeezeB
    May 4, 2007
    One of the best of all time!
  61. MikeM.
    Jun 30, 2007
    This is the most solid cd i have heard, Very rarely do i put a cd in and actually listen to every song without having to skip one. One of my top 3 albums of all time. Look out for Detox, September 2007. Same time as 50's new album: Curtis
  62. NeilL.
    Mar 8, 2008
    It is very rare that I put a disc into my player without skipping a single track.
  63. Mac
    Feb 12, 2003
    Pretty good, especially the non-commercial tracks. It's a nice break from the crazy, brutal rap artists we hear so much of today. Oh - and Rolling Stone gave it four stars, not 4 1/2. Just to let you all know... Which makes more sense. It's good, but not THAT good.
  64. RachelleDavies
    Feb 13, 2003
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  65. mariow
    Feb 18, 2003
    it waz of the hock and itz the fow sheazy foe nezes
  66. RainP
    Feb 19, 2003
    "50" is one of the greatest rappers ever.
  67. AlbertP
    Feb 21, 2003
    this cd is the shit and this nigga is the up coming best rapper ever the next B.I.G right in front of us. and this nigga is ill
  68. LaKisaC
    Feb 20, 2003
    love this album love him and his lyrics
  69. ShawnJ
    Feb 20, 2003
    This guy's flow skills suck. However I like what he is saying. But he should never ever be compared to Tupac and Biggie. The guy just doesn't sound good. Just because he sells millions of CD's and talks about gangsta @#$%, it doesn't mean that this dude can rap. Let's just be honest and not sit up here and lie about how great he raps. Keep It Real
  70. Natasha
    Feb 22, 2003
    I luve 50 cent...he is sooooo hott....and i luve his songs... peace out....
  71. ALEXANDERP
    Feb 24, 2003
    I think this album is the best rap album i have ever heard.
  72. brittanyw
    Feb 27, 2003
    this album was hot every body loves fifty.
  73. StaceyG
    Mar 1, 2003
    I think this CD is great!
  74. tikab
    Mar 12, 2003
    50 cent is so sexy and his cd is bangin! holla!
  75. rayshawno
    Mar 15, 2003
    It's all that!
  78. georgew
    Mar 20, 2003
    This cd is the best cd of the year. I would by it in a heart beat. he is the realest rapper out right now.
  79. KeirstienC
    Mar 21, 2003
    it's awsome i luv it
  80. katrinaw
    Mar 26, 2003
    this was a great albam from the first song to the last on I hope his next albam be as great
  81. jacquelinep
    this cd was all that
  82. ShawtyR
    Mar 27, 2003
    I liked this cd because i like 50cent period. 50cent is my future baby daddy. I LOVE 50cent!!!!
  83. AaronL
    Mar 27, 2003
    it was great every song was a great song the best CD of the year
  84. juang
    thashitwastight
  85. BrittanyW
    Mar 3, 2003
    tha 50 cent cd is off tha hook! i like every song on this cd. yeah and he's not trying to be somebody that he's not like Ja Rule, everything that he raps about is how is life has been in the past and how its gonna be in his future.all i got to say is that 50s doin tha damn thing!
  86. AriellP.
    Apr 14, 2003
    this album coulndn't be any better, he's keeping it real and coming hard core from the streets
  87. SafeequahT
    Apr 20, 2003
    that s a real bangin cd
  88. ajdogg
    Apr 22, 2003
    no one is near 50 cent, no wonder Jarule is saying shit about him....jealousy...50 keep it like this playa....hala chu boy... wanksta is ma favorate..... keep it this way nigger....
  89. CammyW
    Apr 24, 2003
    50 cent is so0o0o damn fine!!!!!!!
  90. T.O.Speaks
    Apr 24, 2003
    This is the best damn cd ever!!!!! I listened to it at my friend jakes house and we fell in love with it. 50 cent is better than any otha rappa out there he kixx major ASS
  91. brandonj
    Apr 8, 2003
    the album is tight has some cructial songs like many men
  92. stretchstretch
    May 26, 2003
    Its the Best
  95. TruloryT
    May 9, 2003
    This is really good, plus he is gorgeous doing it
  96. kaelar
    Jun 15, 2003
    I love me some 50cent. He cd is so hot! 50 is the hottest rapper around. He is better than Ja-Rule all the way. Ja is so out dated becuz all of his songs are wack. I have a burned copy of 50's cd. Now im gonna buy the actuall cd becuz its worth $17.00.
  97. heyhey
  98. YunaisisP
    Jun 22, 2003
    It is the hottest thing for me and 50 cent is so so hot that i wish he was my man for life. YOU HOTT 50 LOVE ALWAYS YUNAISIS
  99. LeonelI
    Jun 22, 2003
    This is the hottest album out. I've had this cd in my car deck without taking it out for months. Congratulations to 50, g-unit, eminem, and Dre. Keep making it hott.
  100. LidiaP
    Jun 3, 2003
    hey your CD is the shit...

1. Unless you are the president of the NRA or addicted to Cops-type tales, 50 Cent's debut is strictly small change.
  2. More sonically adventurous than its mainstream look suggests.
  3. Only intermittently justifies the buzz surrounding the rapper's career.