I'm with You - Red Hot Chili Peppers
7.2

Review this album

1. Sep 5, 2011
    One of my favorite bands and a band I can always expect to put out a great album, has unfortunately put out it's worst album to date. Rain Dance Maggie was a solid single and had me geeked for the release, however, this was really the only song on the album that had any substance for me. I won't blame Josh replacing John as the defacto reason, but there is a very different vibe and texture to this album that does not quite fit with what is normally expected from RHCP's. I'm definitely not with this album...big bummer in music this year. Expand
  2. Sep 2, 2011
    Listened to the album a few times on itunes. It's a solid album but the RHCP can do, and have done much better stuff than this. It's okay but nothing really jumps of the record at you except the single on the radio now, Rain Dance Maggie.
  3. Sep 2, 2011
    This is the worst piece of crap the band has put out in over 15 years. They lack their usual strong tempo without John Frusciante and even Peppers purist should not be giving this crap high marks. Not one hit on the entire CD.
  4. Sep 20, 2011
    I wanted to listen to this, wasn't hoping for any surprises though...Then, in a nutshell: I'm shocked they're still around and wonder the existence of this album. Being now in my 20s, I can barely imagine myself enjoying this even if I was 14. This is all sorts of crap, RHCP simply have nothing more to show us. Face the facts.
  5. Sep 29, 2011
    One of my favorite bands growing up as a kid but this album proves they had their time and are done. Gone is the magic that John Fruciante provided. The lyrics on this album are pointless and one step too far in proving how they are no longer relevant in music. Shrimp just became a fan 5 years ago. Too bad he is a poser.
  6. Oct 25, 2011
    Many years ago I broke up with my girlfriend because we grew apart. I still cared about her... but no magic. It was over. Dear RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS. It's over. I've loved you since 1985. Yes, I'm an old-timer. So, I can (and do) appreciate that you've gotten older, hey, I've gotten older too... but the name of your band is RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS... maybe switch the tempo up a little bit. Add a little , uh, somethin' "red hot" maybe? Why did you turn into TRAIN? Anyway, I'll always care about you. XXOO Expand
  7. Nov 8, 2011
    This album is by no means a disaster, but fails achieve standards anywhere near to their recent albums. The record has its moments; Police Station is a real highlight, while Dance Dance Dance is a fast paced prominent end to the album. Unfortunately these songs are too little too late. The first two songs are throwaways, and it is not until we reach Ethiopia that there is one really worth listening to. The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie is an inexplicable choice of lead single; it is a song which never gets going and Kiedis fails to inject any excitement into his vocals. Did I Let You Know and Goodbye Hooray bring a slight improvement, before a strong end to the album. The record is very different to the Chili's recent ones, mainly due to Klinghoffer's influence. Unfortunately, despite there being a few good songs, it is also nowhere near as good. Expand
  8. Jan 14, 2013
    If the Album is anything like the Album Tour that I witnessed last night well.....Red Hot Chili Peppers otherwise know as Flea's Flying Funk Circus took to the stage after half an hour of classic US punk in the vain of the Dead Kennedys, I wish I had caught their name as I would listen to them again, once the ruckus had subsided Flea's band opened with one of the worst U2 covers I have ever heard and then proceeded to stumble on for two hours of aural rape that shan't soon be forgotten, if it wasn't for some genuinely entertaining funk instrumentals between songs there was no way to tell when one barrage of skat rambling end and another began. They really are the Rolling Stones of grunge. The drummer did ok at counting in ones but it was noticeable to all that there was a second drummer tapping out the rhythm. To add some much needed sex appeal the vampire guy from twilight played guitar. his use of Whaa peddle got much applaud. Flea looking like David Letterman now, still entertained the crowd by walking on his hands, quiet remarkable that he just celebrated his 65th birthday.After abusing a woman about her **** **** were he got a **** thrown his way.
    I don't know what the Bowie track was that they covered but they shat on it good and proper, even with a guy clearly playing a backing cd on stage.
    I was quite disappointed that to finally have the chance to hear two classic Flea tracks played live only to have 10,000 singlet wearing, goat throwing douchbags sing so loud I couldn't hear the band.
    I'm glad I stole my tickets.
    I hate Anthony Peters.
  9. Jun 14, 2013
    Huge RHCP fan...I really wanted to like this album, but their music just lost their heart and soul after Frusciante left.; Anthony Kiedis is the only thing keeping this album afloat. Only songs I could really get into were Rain Dance Maggie and Ethiopia

1. Oct 9, 2012
    Throughout, Klinghoffer never takes over like Dave Navarro did with One Hot Minute, but he's not knocking down any doors, either.
  2. Sep 21, 2011
    It's the heart of the matter, and the song that sets the bar. [Oct 2011, p.122]
  3. Sep 21, 2011
    New axe-slinger or not, I'm With You is a given for this band--at least four songs too long and Rick Rubin's nonchalance leaves everything sounding precisely and consistently the same.