Les Voyages de l'ame

Review this album

1. Oct 28, 2012
    Alcest create a limbo lounge for souls weighed down by life's heaviness on these "voyages of the soul", and once acoustically settled in it is an amazingly dark yet beautiful journey through the blackness of uncertainty to the promise of light. But isnt' that what life's about?
  2. Sep 11, 2012
    As a metal fan I'm just shocked how good this album is. It's a deep traveling album and you don't need to be a metal fan to love. It's just pure music that never ceases to amaze me. I've listened to this more than anything to date in 2012 (written 9/11/12) and it just keeps getting better. You should own this.
  3. Jan 23, 2013
    I hit this just by coincidence searching for best albums of year 2012. This is a really good listen for a metal fan. Great mix of various sub-genres. The only negative thing about is that I don't know French and cannot understand the lyrics. I wish I could find some English translation.
  4. May 6, 2014
    This is simply one of the most beautiful and definitely best records I have heard in my life. It is great for anyone who loves still life by opeth. It is full of astonishing melodies, yet it reflects an extremely dark under current. It is just amazing. I highly suggest it.
  5. Sep 12, 2014
    An album that filled a need that I didn't realise I had. Sitting somewhere between my love of the likes of Sigur Ros and metal, this is a beautiful piece of work.

1. Feb 24, 2012
    The music contains all of the trembling beauty fans have come to expect from Alcest, combined with a sense of vitality and wanderlust.
  2. Feb 15, 2012
    Here, when everything's as clear as it is on Les Voyages de l'Âme, he feels almost too exposed, and the big climaxes he's reaching for don't arrive. There's no denying the beauty, but it feels weirdly muted-- or perhaps just unsurprising.
  3. There's much to cherish here, but this isn't a complete effort.