MDNA

6.5

Review this album

1. Apr 13, 2012
    It's amazingly dull and it's incredible to realize Madonna is all out of ideas and the record dropped so hard on the charts. One newssource had the headline "MDNA is DOA". It's kinda true. "Gang Bang" is the tune that is exciting enoughâ
  2. May 19, 2012
    I wanted to like this album, but apart from a couple of songs, most of this record is forgettable. I think one of the reasons for this is the production, which sounds stuffy. Not one of her best.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Madonna já está a muito tempo no patamar em que não tem que provar nada para ninguém, é a maior cantora pop que o mundo conhece. Mas este album poderia ter sido muito melhor, destaque para as produções de William Orbit que é muito "Madonna" a conexão entre os dois é muito boa. Músicas como Girl Gone Wild. Turn Up The Radio, Superstar, B'day Song, seriam ótimas se não fosse da Madonna. Destaque especial para faixas; Gang Bang, Love Spent, Falling Free e Beautiful Killer Expand
  4. Oct 30, 2013
    MDNA certainly wins in terms of quality in comparison with Madonna's previously forgettable entries such as 2005's Confessions and 2008's Hard Candy. But it's also certainly no Ray of Light. Predictable and simple EDM opener "Girl Gone Wild" indicates the mood of the album, which is simply Madonna finding familiar footing in mainstream music's current trends. Despite the mediocrity of leadMDNA certainly wins in terms of quality in comparison with Madonna's previously forgettable entries such as 2005's Confessions and 2008's Hard Candy. But it's also certainly no Ray of Light. Predictable and simple EDM opener "Girl Gone Wild" indicates the mood of the album, which is simply Madonna finding familiar footing in mainstream music's current trends. Despite the mediocrity of lead single "Give Me All Your Luvin'", MDNA never ends up sounding like a failure. The trance and dubstep infused into bass thumper "Gang Bang" is a perfect siding to a song about murdering a former lover and closing ballads "Masterpiece" and "Falling Free" remind us why Madonna was once the crowning champion in pop melodrama. All-in-all, MDNA could be better or worse. It reminds us that Madonna still has more to come, but it doesn't deliver us as much as it should. Expand
  5. Sep 27, 2012
    Like any Madonna album, it certainly commands attention - however, the basic beats, simple lyrics and generic dub step and 'club sound' moments do leave you feeling very let down. With the likes of Kylie, Gaga, Britney and Robyn controlling the dance charts of late, it would appear the reigning Queen of Pop may soon be refered to as 'The Queen Mother of Pop' - which isn't a good thing.
  6. Mar 30, 2013
    Não que MDNA seja um álbum ruim, pelo contrario bom. Mas quando se trata de Madonna tudo já esta muito saturado, as músicas não são muito originais, mas até agora os singles são comerciais, com destaque para aparição de Nicki Minaj e M.I.A.
  7. Apr 1, 2012
    As a late 30-something, I grew up during Madonna's prominence in the pop music world. And I'm not too ashamed to admit I listened to her throughout the 80's and 90's. When Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera came onto the scene, many were looking to see which one would be the "new Madonna". Yet Madonna was still relevant in those days. That was then and this is now. For better or worse,As a late 30-something, I grew up during Madonna's prominence in the pop music world. And I'm not too ashamed to admit I listened to her throughout the 80's and 90's. When Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera came onto the scene, many were looking to see which one would be the "new Madonna". Yet Madonna was still relevant in those days. That was then and this is now. For better or worse, Lady GaGa has taken the title of "the new Madonna" to the new generation of pop music listeners, replete with controversial lyrics and outlandish outfits, both trademarks of Madonna during the height of her popularity. Therein lies the problem with Madonna's MDNA, and the album preceding it, Hard Candy. Both albums feel like Madonna is struggling to remain relevant by taking elements of other pop acts and incorporating them into her own rather than make her own music and follow her own path. Not to put too fine a point on it, but MDNA feels like Madonna is trying to copy Lady GaGa and others, rather than be the artist who helped to INSPIRE Lady GaGa. Ultimately forgettable, even for a Madonna fan, MDNA feels like further proof that Madonna should let go and realize there's been a changing of the guard in the world of pop music. Expand
  8. Sep 12, 2013
    Not bad per se, but could and should have been much, much better. I feel like she opted for the popular sound and commercial appeal instead of the innovation she's come to be known for.
  9. Apr 23, 2012
    This is the worst album ever made by Madonna, it has so many fillers, it doesn't seem an album made by the queen of the most important genre in the music industry, it seems made by someone like Katy Perry and I think is at the same level of atrocities like Bionic or Femme Fatale. She is still a great songwriter but I don't really think this is what we all were expecting from Madonna. LoveThis is the worst album ever made by Madonna, it has so many fillers, it doesn't seem an album made by the queen of the most important genre in the music industry, it seems made by someone like Katy Perry and I think is at the same level of atrocities like Bionic or Femme Fatale. She is still a great songwriter but I don't really think this is what we all were expecting from Madonna. Love Spent, Turn Up The Radio and Gang Bang are good songs but I don't know why I think they go unnoticed. Expand
  10. Feb 16, 2013
    Your average club music. Nothing special here, which is about where Madonna should be at her age. Hopefully this will be her last album, and she never officially walks away from music like Cher did.
  11. Mar 26, 2012
    Average at best, below average by Madonnas standards. The tracks are entirely to safe for the most part and she seems to be so preoccupied with trying to keep up with the times and sounds dated attempting so. She's gone from setting trends to following them, shame really.
    Best tracks: Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, I dont give a.
  12. Mar 26, 2012
    MDNA is the return of the queen of pop. I liked some songs, like "Beautiful Killer" and her recent single "Girl Gone Wild." But I was on Twitter, while listening to the album, and I honestly did not know when was the next song. From I **** Up I did not know which song was next. What I mean is that Madonna has created an album with a sound very similar, and some songs his voice was full ofMDNA is the return of the queen of pop. I liked some songs, like "Beautiful Killer" and her recent single "Girl Gone Wild." But I was on Twitter, while listening to the album, and I honestly did not know when was the next song. From I **** Up I did not know which song was next. What I mean is that Madonna has created an album with a sound very similar, and some songs his voice was full of auto-tune.
    What I think this album is that an attempt was somewhat of a frustrating "Confessions On The Dance Floor 2.0". I think her album is good but could be better, or better, much better.
  13. Mar 27, 2012
    Madonna has really had to step up her game to cash in on lady gaga cashing in on her. She named her album (MDNA) after extacy (MDMA) and with songs like "gang bang" "I'm a sinner" "girl gone wild" and "i dont give a" she aims low to score high.
  14. Mar 26, 2012
    Masterpiece and Falling Free are great sogs, and even Girl Gone Wild is good at what it's for: dance. But the others songs are silly and unemotional.
  15. Mar 31, 2012
    She's trying to go to the 1980's Era but unfortunately she can't! ... Non of the songs fits her old career and her voice is way back. so trying something classical would be way better than coming back by copying Gaga. Rate 4/10
  16. May 13, 2012
    After who as who, but Madonna is to be expected something more than that. The twelfth album called
    "MDNA" is a compilation of pop songs kept in electronic, dubstep climates. Tracks, however seem to
    be terribly common - what you can even see in the single "Turn Up The Radio" or "Love Spent". Even ballads such as "Masterpiece" turns out terribly crude. Fortunately, on the release were also
    ballads such as "Masterpiece" turns out terribly crude. Fortunately, on the release were also good
    compositions, such as presented during the finals of the Super Bowl - "Give Me All Your Luvin' " or
    referring to Depeche Mode "I'm Addicted".
  17. Aug 2, 2014
    What the **** is the queen of pop doing? It's true that since Confessions we can't hear a really good music coming from Madonna but MDNA prove to the world that everything that it's bad can be worst. Why she didn't wrote Gaga's name on Give Me All Your Luvin? What age she think she had when recorded Girl Gone Wild or Gang Bang? Come on, let's be nice and say that Masterpiece (the reallyWhat the **** is the queen of pop doing? It's true that since Confessions we can't hear a really good music coming from Madonna but MDNA prove to the world that everything that it's bad can be worst. Why she didn't wrote Gaga's name on Give Me All Your Luvin? What age she think she had when recorded Girl Gone Wild or Gang Bang? Come on, let's be nice and say that Masterpiece (the really masterpiece in album) saved the album from my 1 or 2 and became Madonna's best ballad since Nothing Really Matters. I said good ballad, not think about Turn Up The Radio.
    Also, MDNA is better than Hard Candy but come on, it can't be worse that the sweet-trash album.
  18. Apr 5, 2012
    Better than I expected it to be after listening two horrible singles.Kind of bipolar album,divided in it's core-some good songs and some bad songs,smart and stupid,full of lies yet also very sincere at the moment.In a word-it's a mess of an album but occasionally a really seductive mess.
  19. Jul 19, 2013
    Madonna is an intelligent woman, but wanted to repeat the formula that many have applied in the last years and the result was an album of which only some tracks are saved
  20. Dec 4, 2013
    The first clue this album was not going to be up to the normal standards was when the subpar first single 'Gimme All Your Luvin' was released. There are some decent tracks to be had but it mostly sounds like the rejects from 2000's "Music".
  21. Feb 23, 2014
    MDNA rarely has a standout moment, (Addicted and I'm A Sinner are the only two real standouts) and the songs elsewhere from that feel over crowded or just get a little too carried away with themselves (Gang Bang being one), if I'm honest, I think the queen of pop lost her vibe after Confessions on a Dance floor, but it might be more necessary to say she probably lost it after Ray of Light.
  22. Apr 1, 2015
    UGH. This has got to be the laziest, least ambitious album of Madonna's career. Ya know, it gets increasingly harder to justify why she's still the queen of pop when she churns out mediocre crap like this. I'll admit, it's not all horrible, but compared to the stuff she's done before and the stuff that other musicians are doing now, MDNA is bland and forgettable. I'm also not one to listenUGH. This has got to be the laziest, least ambitious album of Madonna's career. Ya know, it gets increasingly harder to justify why she's still the queen of pop when she churns out mediocre crap like this. I'll admit, it's not all horrible, but compared to the stuff she's done before and the stuff that other musicians are doing now, MDNA is bland and forgettable. I'm also not one to listen much to lyrics, but they were exceptionally bad here. "Oh la la, you're my superstar. Oh la la, that's what you are." Really? Coming from a huge fan, this album is a major disappointment. Expand
  23. Nov 6, 2015
    Bem, bem mediano. Talvez este seja o álbum da cerreira que ninguém soube como madonna conseguiu sair de uma era grandiosa como Confessions e começou a cair nos álbuns seguintes, o álbum em si não e tão ruim. Musicas estridentes e muitas vezes chatas.

1. Uncut
    May 2, 2012
    Madonna's 12th album has a good title and a nice cover, but that's almost as much as you can say in its favour. [Jun 2012, p.77]
  2. Apr 17, 2012
    [The music] is not exactly bad, but has about as much creativity and passion behind it as a spreadsheet.
    No, MDNA can't be hailed as Madge's best ever album, and it may not contain the most thought- provoking lyrics of her career (perhaps an intentional tongue-in-cheek poke at the current state of pop music?), but it is the reigning Queen of Pop's most inspired work since Music, as well as the highly addictive record Madonna celebrants have been craving.