• Record Label: RCA

3. josema
    this makes me sick...
  4. Lindaj
    Jun 29, 2007
    Bought this album yesterday. Not impressed. There seems to be something missing. I expected more from Kelly.
  5. JoshK
    Jun 30, 2007
    The only songs on the album worth listening to are Be Still and Irvine. The rest is crap. I wish she would realize that she is not the writer that she thinks she is and get some help next time. She has the chops, but come on, this is embarassing.
  6. CarolynM.
    Jun 30, 2007
    Sounds like a 7th graders diary to me. Kelly really needs to figure out who she is. Pop one minute, wannabe Rocker Chick the next, and now thinking of Country? What's next?
  7. Lisa
    Jul 1, 2007
    it sucked. i was very disappointed.
  8. MarieW
    Jul 1, 2007
    This is not entertaining at all. Singing about yourself and what you want is great, but listeners want things that appeal to them as well. She is not producing a CD for herself so she should remember that. Seems the negative comments are definitely not being posted here.
  9. ChrisH
    Jul 5, 2007
    Artists should grow, not decline. This is terrible; there is no growth, only deteriation. Save yourself the money and avoid it. Save yourself the time and do not download it. And save your ears and change the channel if it ever starts playing.
  10. DonW
    Jun 29, 2007
    Pretty bad with lots of shouting. Dark and gloomy. Just too revengeful and spiteful, yet also childish and immature. Basically a mess.
  11. Jan
    Jun 29, 2007
    I tried to listen to it but they all sounded alike. I just wish she wouldn't scream. I miss the happy Kelly.
  12. SeymourB.
    Jun 29, 2007
    Wow. What happened to you, Kel? You should have listened to Clive. He's going to be even more pissed that he has to send payola checks when he hates the album so much. He will punish you even more than he already has. That's what you get for calling him "dude." Jeez, Kelly, get your head out of your fat keister.
  13. Beckyl.
    Jun 29, 2007
    Breakaway was enjoyable and fun!! But MD is full of tepid lyrics and over the top screaming! This album is full of unforgiveness and revenge.. my 14 and 12 yr old daughters say..let go of the grudge already Kelly..
  14. suezyW
    Jun 29, 2007
    Sorry but I don't like the CD at all. The songs have no real melodies,hooks and the lyrics are just all over the place. I won't be buying it.
  15. ShullyA.
    Jul 1, 2007
    Uneven and unfinished. Too long.
  16. AdamH
    Jul 1, 2007
    Sorry, but it's just an awful CD. I wouldn't buy it.
  17. tammyp.
    Jul 9, 2007
    Kelly has a great voice, she needs to stay more comtemporary and leave the writing of lyrics to someone else.
  18. CO.
    Sep 22, 2007
    I didn't bother to buy it after hearing clips off the internet. I was so looking forward to another Kelly Album. I wonder if she will get another chance to make a CD. Kelly, lay off the happy cookies.
  19. BradB.
    Jun 26, 2007
    I give her props for trying her hand at song writing. The songs aren't very good though. She is in serious need of some melodies. The album is also depressing. A few decent tracks, but I won't be listening much.
  20. BenW
    Jun 26, 2007
    I think most reviewers are giving Clarkson extra brownie points (and higher scores) just for fighting the big, bad label. The album is just not that good! It needs a lot of spit and polish, and melodies for one thing.
  21. ChantelJ.
    Jun 29, 2007
    I loved Kelly's last CD but this one is just awful. It's jdown right depressing. I've listened to it a couple of times and I don't think I'll be listening anymore. I sure don't like this new direction she has taken. Please bring back the "real" Kelly.
  22. KarmaBitess
    Jun 29, 2007
    What a downer.... after all the great things that have happened to this chick in the last couple of years, all she can think about is "poor me"? Go to Uganda, Kelly, & find out what true misery is. This CD is a self-absorbed mess!
  23. LindaC.
    Jun 29, 2007
    I thought that the lyrics were juvenile at best and the songs sounded more like a childs version of Jagged Little Pill, with Never Again trying to be like U Oughta Know - except it isn't near as good. Too bad, cause I liked Kelly, but now she just seems like a bitter person who can't get over a breakup.
  24. BonnieR.
    Jun 29, 2007
    Hard to believe that someone who got everything she dreamed of could be so miserable. Listening to this dreck could ruin anyones day.
  25. nickc.
    Jun 30, 2007
    Awful. Just awful. God I hate this woman. And to rip off a song title from Linkin Park of all people? Hahahaha! This record, like all adult-alternative--is good for a laugh, and that's about it.
  26. ClarkClark
    Jun 30, 2007
    What was she thinking? This is not the Kelly I have loved since AI. Terrible!!
  27. BetsyD.
    Jul 1, 2007
    Why did Kelly do this CD??? It's not good, at all. I'm very disappointed because I've been a huge Kelly fan but I'll pass on this CD. Sorry......
  28. Mary
    Jul 1, 2007
    This album has a couple of good songs, but Never Again is not one of them. I think Kelly proved her point. Let's move on.
  29. GraceC
    Jul 2, 2007
    Terrible album. Such a let down from her last two. None of the songs have melodys or hooks. She sings mostly on one note, or back and forth between two notes, before jumping into medicore choruses. This is what happens when a good vocalist thinks she is capable of writing a pop hit, when its very apparent two tracks into the CD that people like Max Martin are the only reason she puts out hits.
  30. Tori
    Aug 1, 2007
    I did like "Breakaway" but I still can't recognize her voice when I hear it. This CD is self-indulgent. I guess she figures she deserves it. Whatever.
  31. jasong
    Jun 26, 2007
    Belly made one hell of a dud album.
  32. ChrisW.
    Jun 27, 2007
    Dear Kelly, Please stop screaming on your records! What are you so angry about?
  33. SandraM
    Jun 28, 2007
    Horrible disappointment. Kelly is known for her catchy melodies and great hooks, and for music that is simply fun - fun to dance to and to sing along to. This CD has none of that. There are no good melodies, no catchy choruses and no fun factor. This is like reading the diary of a bitter 13 y/o after her boyfriend broke up with her, set to bad (not to mention boring) background music. Not Horrible disappointment. Kelly is known for her catchy melodies and great hooks, and for music that is simply fun - fun to dance to and to sing along to. This CD has none of that. There are no good melodies, no catchy choruses and no fun factor. This is like reading the diary of a bitter 13 y/o after her boyfriend broke up with her, set to bad (not to mention boring) background music. Not even Kelly's voice can save these crappy songs. Expand
  34. Sue
    Jun 28, 2007
    I lke Kelly, but I won't be buying this CD. The songs seriously lack any real melody, and have no hook. The lyrics are just awful. It's a dreary CD full of nothing but he done me wrong songs.
  35. PatQ.
    Jun 28, 2007
    I enjoy Kelly's voice when she's not screaming and liked her first two CD's for the most part. This one, not so much. I found the lyrics crude and boring at the same time and too much screaming in place of real emotion. When she emotes in the quieter moments, I really enjoy it. But, not, I will not be buying this CD.
  36. RickC.
    Jun 28, 2007
    After listening to this album for two days, I have to say that I agree with Clive Davis. I still don't get what she is trying to say, it is all over the place. I don't see any hit singles coming off this album. Still looking forward to the next one.
  37. RickS
    Jun 29, 2007
    Easily the best candidate for the worst cd of the year. There's nothing fun or interesting in listening to this cd. Sad juvenile, repetitive lyrics and songs with no real melodies or hook just bring the listener down. I couldn't wait till the end of the cd and I'll never listen to it again. It went in my circular file.

1. She writes in bland generalities... and uses her opulent voice as a battering ram.
  2. Kelly Clarkson's darker, more personal, riskier third CD.
  3. There are no hooks, nothing to suck in the many adults that liked Clarkson's first two records.