• Record Label: Geffen
  • Release Date: Sep 27, 2011
7.2

Review this album

1. Oct 2, 2011
    Neighborhoods is a dumb album name, but certainly a great album. it flowed well and just the songs are amazing. except fighting the gravity. i will be very intrested in to what (if they make a new album) what it'll sound like. i love this album. i recommend it to AvA fans and +44 fans alike. still think the album name should've been "It was Toms fault"
  2. Sep 28, 2011
    A great step forward for this band. has a ecstatic feel to it i recommend all of the songs on this album except fighting the gravity. mr.delonges vocals are in prime form and the range of guitar riffs is really exciting the album all together is very well put together and grammy worthy
  3. Sep 27, 2011
    A really bland, mediocre album by a band that is trying to cash in one last time. There's really no redeeming qualities on any of these songs. Can they please stop using the same recycled chord progressions from album to album? Hearing Mark's monotonous voice years later really hasn't done him any favors; it's way more annoying now.

Angels and Airwaves makes sense for Tom Delonge. He

Angels and Airwaves makes sense for Tom Delonge. He makes mature music, with mature themes. Here he is back to being a 20 year old singing about the same situations he did when he was 20. He's a married man with kids now. Isn't this stage in his life past? Why would he want to lower himself and sing about these meaningless things that do not pertain to his lifestyle anymore? Perhaps he's just trying to make back some of the money he lost on releasing LOVE free of charge and producing the movie LOVE with no real profits made from it, which I wouldn't be able to blame him for; it's just not respectable to sell out as an artist. As for the other members of Blink-182, I really don't see them as artists as they haven't done anything exceptional or even average after this band broke up years ago. It's sort of like making Indiana Jones 4: some styles and legacies should be just left alone.
  4. Sep 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This album is AMAZING! its really good. Ive been a blink 182 fan since the late 90's and i must say that they have grown up, bands change and this album shows that. Many songs sound like a combination of AVA, Box Car, Plus 44... and there very good songs. The single "Up All Night" shows how they all bring different styles to the table. Many songs have that AVA sound and that's not a bad thing. "Ghost On The Dance Floor" is a really great song that has the AVA sound to it but its Brilliant and one of the best tracks! "Natives" sounds like a song that could have been released back in 03! it has a similar style to "I Miss You" plus "Josie" or Dammit". The second single "After Midnight" sounds like AVA and Box Car racer with that same Mark Hoppus Chorus its one of the best songs as well. Snake Charmer Sounds like "Feeling This" with harder guitars and sounds experimental its a good song. "Hearts All Gone" sounds alot like a song from the 90s! it has pure mark hoppus in the vocals! and sounds like "dammit" and "when your heart stops beating, it has that fast song style! "Wishing Well" is a really nice song its one of those songs that lifts you up! this song could have easily been on AVA's first album or on Box car Racers ALBUM. "Kaleidoscope sounds alot like Plus-44 and Blink 182 back in 03 its a good song where both mark and Tom sing! "This is Home" sounds like Box car And just old School Blink its an ok song thats just good. "Mh 4.18.2011" is another fast Mark Hoppus track its nice and similar to "Hearts All Gone". "Love is Dangerous" sounds like another AVA song it has backing vocals from Mark and its an ok song Not the best. "Fighting The Gravity is an EXPERIMENTAL! song it shows where they might go in the future it sounds similar to something out of Linkin Parks new album. Its an ok song. AND FINALLY " Even If She Falls" this song sounds alot like Blink 182 from 98-03 it sounds really GREAT! and IMO IS ONE OF THE BEST SONGS! if not the best on the whole album!. OVERALL!!! im giving the album a 10. ive been waiting 8 years and man they ARE BACK!!! GO BUY THIS!!!!!!! Expand
  5. Oct 2, 2011
    One word: Amazing. This is my favorite album out of all. The sounds are catchy, and almost perfect! What are you waiting for? Go get it! Worth every penny!
  6. Dec 1, 2011
    I grew up listening to Blink 182 and when I heard about this new album, I didn't know what to expect. People were saying it sounds different from other Blink 182 albums, and that made me skeptical about picking up this CD, but then I Listened to it. A lot of bands have disappointed me with their new CD's, but this CD (Neighborhoods) was brilliant. It wasn't what I expected and wasI grew up listening to Blink 182 and when I heard about this new album, I didn't know what to expect. People were saying it sounds different from other Blink 182 albums, and that made me skeptical about picking up this CD, but then I Listened to it. A lot of bands have disappointed me with their new CD's, but this CD (Neighborhoods) was brilliant. It wasn't what I expected and was different from previous albums, but that ended up being a very good thing. I definitely think ever Blink 182 fan, or anyone who wants to hear some good quality music should pick up this CD. Expand
  7. Feb 2, 2012
    After eight years, of waiting, the highly anticipated Neighborhoods finally came out. Though drastically different from blink's previous albums (especially with Tom DeLonge's new voice), this new lp does not cease to please. The deluxe edition is much better than the normal, with the exception of "Fighting the Gravity," which could've been a b-side instead. The album is great and, whileAfter eight years, of waiting, the highly anticipated Neighborhoods finally came out. Though drastically different from blink's previous albums (especially with Tom DeLonge's new voice), this new lp does not cease to please. The deluxe edition is much better than the normal, with the exception of "Fighting the Gravity," which could've been a b-side instead. The album is great and, while going a step foward with this genre is not necessarilly the best approach, this lp is an excellent addition to blink's discography. Expand
  8. Feb 6, 2012
    From the murky waters of the bands ugly breakup back in 2005, Neighborhoods is an album that is somewhat dysfunctional, but in the best possible way. A largely progressive record, there is still an approving nod to the simple structures and melodies that made the band so infectious in the first place.

1. Nov 15, 2011
    Neighborhoods might never quite land a knockout blow, but it certainly does enough to earn them a rematch int he future. [24 Sep 2011, p.50]
  2. Oct 14, 2011
    On Neighborhoods, blink-182 took [Dude Ranch/Enema of the State/Take Off Your Pants And Jacket's] sonic template, updated it, and made an album where they tried to understand what it means to be a member of blink-182.
  3. Oct 13, 2011
    This latest offering is a welcomed return and a rewarding listen for fans, both old and new.