Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam
8.7

Review this album

1. Nov 21, 2010
    Finally regaining some of their original inspiration, Pearl Jam surprises everyone with this innovative album, one that actually keeps getting better as it goes along. Nothing they've done since Vitalogy has been anywhere near this good.
  2. Aug 27, 2010
    I once thought that Pearl Jam were going to be this band that reinvented their sound every album, and would eventually create this monster explosion of new fans that would come around and admit that PJ is one of the greatest bands in existence. That's not the case with this band. Instead, they are an entity that allows for its members to be a part of a song writing team that only true loyalist fans appreciate. This album is just a continuation for the love I experience every time I buy one of their albums every 3 to 4 years. Thanks, PJ. Expand
  3. Mar 3, 2011
    This album is the worst thing this band has ever done. Awful lyrics, predictable and safe music, no emotion. Even the artwork is terrible. I turned my CD back to the store.
  4. j30
    Dec 9, 2011
    Pearl Jam's self-titled, return to form, 8th LP isn't one ot their best records or even close to a classic. It's a fine addition to their already strong catalog.
  5. Aug 28, 2011
    I enjoy Pearl Jam, but I found when they first released this that there were not many songs by them that I recognized on this album. However, when I actually listened to it, I found the songs were VERY catchy and I was only slightly disappointed.
  6. Feb 19, 2012
    It returns to their routes in a way which, though not the same is commendable nonetheless. Vedder demonstrates his capability in writing some great hooks with 'World Wide Suicide', 'Comatose' and the very underrated 'Gone'.

1. The seriously hopped-up effort fans have been pining for since Vitalogy.
  2. As immediate and despairing as breaking news from Baghdad... Pearl Jam is also as big and brash in fuzz and backbone as Led Zeppelin's Presence. [4 May 2006, p.55]
  3. Though few of these 13 numbers have the drama of tracks by the Who or Led Zeppelin, from whom the band draw much of their style, Pearl Jam play like men on a mission.