Raditude - Weezer
6.7

Review this album

1. Aug 22, 2010
    I enjoyed this album for what it was, that being a very poppy rock album. Definitely no where as good as their older albums Raditude still had very catchy tunes. Despite this I believe it to be the worst Weezer album.
  2. Dec 17, 2014
    Raditude, Weezer's 7th studio album, starts off in promising fashion with opening track "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To". Next we have the unfortunately named "I'm You Daddy" which has a decent hook and a typical Weezer chorus. Unfortunately things go rapidly downhill from here and by the time we get to the end of the record you start feeling sorry for the once greatRaditude, Weezer's 7th studio album, starts off in promising fashion with opening track "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To". Next we have the unfortunately named "I'm You Daddy" which has a decent hook and a typical Weezer chorus. Unfortunately things go rapidly downhill from here and by the time we get to the end of the record you start feeling sorry for the once great Rivers Cuomo and the fact that a man who was once rightly considered a surf punk genius has been reduced to this. The last third of the album is painful to listen to. I have to give credit where its due for the first 2 tracks and a few others that tread along mediocrity territory without being offensively bad. If your a fan of early Weezer then avoid this to keep your romantic notions of the band intact. Expand
  3. Jun 6, 2013
    As a huge Weezer fan, it's hard to admit that this album isn't their strongest. With really 2-3 songs carrying the album. Usually that'll pass, but Weezer is known for having all but 1 good song on their albums.
  4. Jan 9, 2015
    A veces, es increíble cómo te puede atrapar cierta mediocridad por parte de un artista que, es visible cómo se trata de una broma que ya tenía en mente Rivers y sus compadres. Con canciones pésimas, reflejándose dramáticamente con canciones como "Can't stop partying" y "In the mall", quizá guste de adolescentes que estén en su pleno vivir de aquellas juntas en donde las fiestas alocadas seA veces, es increíble cómo te puede atrapar cierta mediocridad por parte de un artista que, es visible cómo se trata de una broma que ya tenía en mente Rivers y sus compadres. Con canciones pésimas, reflejándose dramáticamente con canciones como "Can't stop partying" y "In the mall", quizá guste de adolescentes que estén en su pleno vivir de aquellas juntas en donde las fiestas alocadas se desatan. Expand

1. Instead of trying to divine the line between earnest and ironic, Weezer fans should just sit back and enjoy what works here. And like every Weezer record, plenty does.
  2. The weird aftertaste of Raditude isn't that Cuomo has so surrendered the oddball charm of his band's first two albums, though. It's that his late-career pursuit of mindless, opulent fun is so transparent that it almost taps a deeper vein of interior sadness than anything on "Pinkerton."
  3. Given what we know about Cuomo’s eccentric inner world, it’s hard not to find those dazzlingly perfect melodies kind of hollow.