7.6

Review this album

1. Mar 17, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Que pésimo album; todas las canciones suenan iguales tienen lo mismos ritmos de maldad y otras como 1989, y en las letras solo se puede diferenciar en la maldad y el egoísmo de taylor swift, sinceramente este es el peor album de taylor swift Expand
  2. Apr 19, 2018
    Amontoado de bosta liquida, horrível em todos os sentidos, uma vergonha para a industria musical
  3. Dec 15, 2017
    the worst album ever. one of this year's overrated highlight anticipated albums that is not really worth to wait. contains a lots of filler and autotune. the degrading of her journey in pop music is getting real.
  4. Mar 8, 2018
    Most of the songs on this album are boring. That's all I have to say. Without End Game it would have no credit.
  5. Nov 17, 2017
    The old Taylor always wore her heart on sleeve. However, the new Taylor sounds totally drunk, fake and super narcissistic.
    The lyrics went unprecedentedly awful. I can hardly believe they came from Taylor Swift, who used to be such a lyrics genius. Frankly speaking, "State Of Grace" or "Clean" is better than any song in Reputation. "Gorgeous" sounds like written by a 5 years old and sentences like "My baby's fly like a jet stream/High above the whole scene" and "I'm so chill, but you make me jealous" are very ludicrous. The album is full of boring and unimaginative sex scenes. I can feel how hard Swift tried to sound sexy and mature. Unfortunately, she sounds more like a teenager who never had sex and thinks posting sex scenes on her Snapchat makes her cool, or an annoying woman who chatters without stop about her sex life in a club after a couple of drinks.
    Swift tried to make Reputation a dark album but her darkness is superficial. The theme of this album is shallow and uninspiring. Actually, there are only 2 things she keeps talking about, how other celebrities and the medias bullyed her and how perfect her current relationship is. Without delicate portrait or appealing love stories, the "angel boyfriend" figure in Reputation is plain and fake. The reflection on love and life in RED, the confidence, independence and self-awareness 1989 conveyed, all vanished in Reputation. Swift used the whole album to complain about being a celebrity. She is playing the victim all the time and trying to feed her fandom a utopian love story.
    Maybe she is too absorbed in her role playing. Maybe she paid too much attention to playing up to her fans. Maybe she ran out of her talents. Selling more than 1 million in a week won't change the fact that Reputation is a terrible album. People are buying it because she is Taylor Swift. She was the old Taylor. Watching critics and swifties praising "reputation" is like watching the real life "The Emperor's New Clothes". Everyone gets drunk by Taylor Swift's cheap spirits and tells each other it is nectar. Some of them are paid to drink, while others pay the drinks. And Taylor Swift individually instagramming each of the good reviews could be one of the biggest jokes in 2017. Who is she deceiving? The medias, the fans or herself? I'm afraid what will destroy her reputation is her weak music, instead of the medias, or any of her so-called enemies.
    Organized social media dramas won't make her a Bob Dylan or Beyonce. When it comes to music, people won't take the dramas more seriously than they take the Kardashians' butts. After reputation, I only have 2 questions. Where is the old Taylor and when will she come back?
  6. Feb 3, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Taylor Swift, I love you, but return to Country, please! Your pop is getting cloying. Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2017
    I tried to listen to her all new album's tracklist but finally I hafta say... This new album sucks. I dont like any songs at all. I bet she focused too much on her enemies like Kim, Katy, Kaney, Calvin Harris... and forgot about what the true music was. I used to be a loyal fan of her music, but now, Goodbye Taylor
  8. Nov 12, 2017
    este álbum es una verdadera tragedia en la discográfica artística de Swift, la old Taylor a muerto y sus buenas letras y álbumes también, demasiado sobrevaloracion para tan poco xx
  9. Nov 15, 2017
    Ouch. Hugely frontloaded and overhyped album of 2017. At least 6 fillers. Sounds like songs rejected from 1989. Good lyrics tho but in general downgrade after 1989. Not much fun on this album. Darker in popish style but without character. It won’t be flop but #NotMyTaylorSwift. So do not count for songs like Shake it of or Blank Space. I like 5 songs on it - Look ..- Ready for it- So doesOuch. Hugely frontloaded and overhyped album of 2017. At least 6 fillers. Sounds like songs rejected from 1989. Good lyrics tho but in general downgrade after 1989. Not much fun on this album. Darker in popish style but without character. It won’t be flop but #NotMyTaylorSwift. So do not count for songs like Shake it of or Blank Space. I like 5 songs on it - Look ..- Ready for it- So does it - Gateway Car - Don’t Blame Me. She could basically release an EP not this full fillers compilation

Probably the most frontloaded album this year. I can tell that tabloid reviewers are scared being sued by Taylor Swift or something because this album is far from 81 points at Metacritics... most of the songs sounds like a rejects from 1989. Only 4 songs are worthy attention and tbh nothing groundbreaking is on this album. All this hype is just too much. Recommending Look.. Ready for it .. So it does ... Don’t blame me...and maybe Getaway car which is basically copy of OOTW or Style.... No hits. No Shake it off or Blank Space like songs... good lyrics in some of the songs but that wil be it... Shame
  10. Nov 16, 2017
    A very bad production. It sounds so annoying. The same clichés lyrics and her vocal performance seems to be worse.
    It's Taylor's worst album
    Hope the old Taylor is not dead.
  11. Nov 13, 2017
    Pop music's resident prostitute is at it again. Here are the two types of songs Taylor is capable of:

1-Wah wah some celebs bullied me :(
    2-"My bby treats me so nice ;)"

If you want an actual capable songwriter, go listen to Lorde's album.
  12. Jan 14, 2018
    Only a few decent songs, but overall it's just the same scheme Taylor used for her previous albums. Sing about your exes, lots of auto-tune. No matter how hard I try, I cannot appreciate this album, it's just bad, generic and something that has been done plenty of times before.
  13. Nov 14, 2017
    Just one word "trash" , she's trying too hard to be cool but end up sounds damn lame and tragic. I so regretted listening to it and totally wasted my precious time ..
  14. Nov 15, 2017
    Doesn't matter if it is selling more than 1 million in a week. the album is forgetable and cliche, it seems like any song of her last album "1989". Lyrics are hypocrates, keeps talking about what happened with Kanye West and it is so boring and with no inspiration.
  15. Nov 13, 2017
    still wondering how TS became this overtly hyped pop star - bc let's be real, the woman doesn't have the vocals or stage presence to justify any of it. this collection of songs sounds uninspired and isn't going to be remembered in the long run. save your money, folks.
  16. Nov 11, 2017
    I was almost getting bored after listening to this album. Compared with 1989, Reputation is **** and dull af. Taylor keeps using the same materials and her songs are simply just about revenge. The catchy vibe of Taylor almost dies out as the songs sound just the same as others, making it so cheap and disappointing. Sorry but to anyone who says that "this is obviously the best pop album ofI was almost getting bored after listening to this album. Compared with 1989, Reputation is **** and dull af. Taylor keeps using the same materials and her songs are simply just about revenge. The catchy vibe of Taylor almost dies out as the songs sound just the same as others, making it so cheap and disappointing. Sorry but to anyone who says that "this is obviously the best pop album of the year", you guys are so biased. This is not even music anymore, this is more like a recyclable piece of trash.
    Sorry, but this is too disappointing. I really hoped for something better than Look What You Made Me Do but turns out it is even worse.
  17. Nov 15, 2017
    depois desses singles... nem precisa ouvir pra saber que é bomba kkkkkk aiai, francamente so não dou 0 pq aparentemente o site não permite. não sei como vende tanto.. francamente... gosto é uma coisa estranha
  18. Nov 16, 2017
    A total self-centered garbage fire. The lowest point in the Swift's career. As a mediocre trap/pop record, it lacks of soul. There's nothing much to say about Reputation.
  19. Nov 11, 2017
    This album is bad - much worse than I believe critics are making it out to be.

This album is bad - much worse than I believe critics are making it out to be.

Starting out, the subect material on this album is absolutely childish. Song titles such as "Look What You Made Me Do", "I Did Something Bad", "Don't Blame Me" and "This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things" are all juvenile names of songs written by a middle school pre-teen girl but instead are the titles of songs off of Taylor Swift's 6th studio album. Swift goes for a supposedly more mature lyrical content in these songs, but in doing so only makes her seem more childish and shallow in her songwriting prowess. The lyrical content here is absolutely her weakest yet, with no defining features, and laughably simplistic looks at mature topics - just showing how out of her depth she really is.

On that subject, this album also eschews the more bright, poppy sound off of 1989, replacing it with a "rougher sound". However, this sound is worryingly close to the gross bass, synth heavy dirge of the late 2000's, being uncomfortable to listen to, and offering no unique or redeeming qualities. Not only this, but Swift's instrumental choices match the lyrics in the sense that they remain woefully mismatched with her songwriting strengths. With this album, Swift tries to sound like Rihanna, but fails in every single way. While I appreciate her for taking a new creative step, this does not fit her character, style, songwriting, or production capacities whatsoever.

While this album is at the least, competent, the uncreative lyrics and composition make it that most songs on here will be ones that you won't want to go back to. Hopefully, Taylor can learn from this for her next album, and develop more of the mature pop sound demonstrated on 1989 hits like "Wildest Dreams" and "Style", rather than the muddy, convoluted songs of "Look What You Made Me Do" or "..Ready For It?".
  20. Nov 10, 2017
    Some good songs don't save the album to become very predictable and repetitive both lyrically and sonically. Highlights on Don't Blame Me, the most risky track on the album, and on This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things, one of the most annoying songs I have ver heard.
  21. Nov 10, 2017
    This is definitely terrible, boring, useless, overrated album as always. I cant pretend it's a masterpiece, this is not art. She is trying to repair her bad reputation she has created herself and it's not convincing.
  22. Nov 15, 2017
    Unfortunately Taylor couldn't keep up the freshness of "1989" with this collection of the songs in the same vein with rehashed lyrics. Only "Read for It" and "End Game" sound fresh, the other songs are either attention seeker or boring.
  23. Dec 18, 2017
    At the risk of sounding like a crank, this artist is overrated. I hear shallow lyrics, formulaic music, and an average voice at best. But this apparently deemed great pop music of the time. Just not my time.
  24. Dec 20, 2017
    I genuinely don’t understand how critics keep praising everything Taylor Swift does. At best Reputation is a run-of-the-mill pop album. At this point the style of music she’s adopted is nothing unique or interesting. She’s clearly just pulling inspiration from everything else popular in 2017, leading to a collection of songs that’s both unoriginal and disjointed. I wouldn’t necessarilyI genuinely don’t understand how critics keep praising everything Taylor Swift does. At best Reputation is a run-of-the-mill pop album. At this point the style of music she’s adopted is nothing unique or interesting. She’s clearly just pulling inspiration from everything else popular in 2017, leading to a collection of songs that’s both unoriginal and disjointed. I wouldn’t necessarily have a problem with her going super mainstream though if the songs were actually good, but she seems to have this really strange ability to take almost good songs and ruin them with the most annoying hooks and lyrics. Examples include I Did Something Bad and Dancing With Our Hands Tied. And then there are some songs that are just completely cringeworthy and awful like This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things and Dress that make me question everything about Swift’s judgement. Anyway, this is a really disappointing and barely enjoyable album and I wish more critics would feel that way too. Expand
  25. Nov 16, 2017
    I am very disappointed by this album. As someone who has followed her since the very first single release, I have adjusted to her switch from country to country-pop all the way up to 1989. Reputation is where I draw the line. Her album as a whole is less singing and more talking/rapping, very auto tuned, and the messages of the song are all about sex, getting drunk to have fun, and theyI am very disappointed by this album. As someone who has followed her since the very first single release, I have adjusted to her switch from country to country-pop all the way up to 1989. Reputation is where I draw the line. Her album as a whole is less singing and more talking/rapping, very auto tuned, and the messages of the song are all about sex, getting drunk to have fun, and they promote not taking responsibility for your own actions (instead blaming everyone else for your behavior). It makes it seem like having a bad reputation is actually a good thing. I just don't align with her message anymore as someone who has never drank or partied (there are lots of other ways to have fun). I love her singing voice! But alas you don't really hear it at all in these songs, but my rating is a one instead of a zero because there are parts in every song where I'm reminded of how wonderful her voice is, and some lines are very catchy. But there is not a single song that I love start to finish, and that is very sad for me. I never thought I'd see the day. Expand
  26. Apr 6, 2018
    This album sounds like a generic mess from the beginning to the end. 'reputation' has no personality and it could be recorded by any basic pop singer from the mainstream. Cloying!
  27. Nov 10, 2017
    Some songs have a catchy beat, but the lyrics are garbage and the new taylor is very fake and narcissistic. I would rank this ahead of Red but behind every other album of hers.
  28. Nov 10, 2017
    She is a narcissist, arrogant, fake person. Her songs are repetitive and insincere I wonder how much she is paying to be successful. Only a few songs are ok and this album is really overrated.
  29. Nov 13, 2017
    Horrible, all is exactly the same to her last albums, same lyrics, same sounds, same topics & with a lot of auto tune, i see she made this album in a desperate attempt to sell.
  30. Nov 24, 2017
    Pior álbum do ano. A antiga Taylor de 'I Knew You Were Trouble', 'You Belong With Me' e 'Blank Space' realmente está morta, pela demora de lançar, esperava algo melhor. Sem contar com a falta de maturidade nesse álbum. Nota 0 sem dúvidas.
  31. Nov 10, 2017
    This is her album so far, the music is terrible and the lyrics are the worst, she has managed to write such amazing songs but it seems with this era she forgot how to write.
  32. Nov 18, 2017
    This album is (and I can't find any other word to describe it) lame, totally lame. You can literally put all the songs together and it would sound like one single track. Repetitive in rhythm and in lyrics, mostly empty and full of nothing more than attacks to media and her "enemies", this album doesn't go anywhere and shows a childish facet in Swift's music that tries its best to be asThis album is (and I can't find any other word to describe it) lame, totally lame. You can literally put all the songs together and it would sound like one single track. Repetitive in rhythm and in lyrics, mostly empty and full of nothing more than attacks to media and her "enemies", this album doesn't go anywhere and shows a childish facet in Swift's music that tries its best to be as "dark" and "new" as possible, but can't accomplish anything. Expand
  33. Feb 4, 2018
    The most overrated album of 2017. Very frontloaded. Very good lyrics tho but other than that This album has nothing special to offer.
  34. Nov 11, 2017
    One of the worst albums I've ever heard. It's extremely overproduced (likely to distract from the fact that she is a horrible singer) and almost every song is a rip off of something someone else did better. Her lyrics are embarrassing and immature - you'd expect something beyond middle school cliches from a nearly-30-year-old woman, but somehow her songwriting was better when she was aOne of the worst albums I've ever heard. It's extremely overproduced (likely to distract from the fact that she is a horrible singer) and almost every song is a rip off of something someone else did better. Her lyrics are embarrassing and immature - you'd expect something beyond middle school cliches from a nearly-30-year-old woman, but somehow her songwriting was better when she was a teenager. she has zero self awareness and is completely self-obsessed and tone deaf, all of which is so obvious if you actually read the lyrics. they're cringe-worthy and frankly embarrassing. this album is so bland and lacks any character - something that used to set her apart from her peers. this album could be sung by anyone - it has none of the details or personal touches that used to make her interesting. the songs all blend together, which i guess is what people mean when they say the album is cohesive. there is not a single song on this that is objectively good - this is from someone who has seen her in concert multiple times and used to be a big fan. she has never been as talented a songwriter as people like to pretend (though when she first started, it was impressive for her age) but either she's completely lost it or the people she cowrote the songs with (she didn't write a single song on this by herself) are much worse than she is. the song she recently won a CMA for (better man) is lightyears better than anything on this horrible album - she should go back to that sound, because this is not working for her. no one will be listening to this a month from now. zero longevity or cultural relevance. her worst album by far, and the worst and most overhyped album of the year. some of the songs are so bad that it was literally painful listening to them all the way through. anyone praising this is deaf, delusional, 12 years old, or an obsessive stan unable to have a halfway objective opinion about anything taylor swift does. truly a horrible album. Expand
  35. Nov 11, 2017
    Trash pop at its best. The most overrated artist ever. Don't buy good reviews please. "And the Grammy's ALBUM OF THE YEAR goes to..... DAMN. by Kendrick Lamar" please.
  36. Nov 10, 2017
    OVERARRATED. OVERHYPED. UNDERPRODUCED.

OVERARRATED. OVERHYPED. UNDERPRODUCED.

Most of the people here giving it 10/10 are just doing so because its Taylor Swift. There is nothing special or unique about this album. It sounds like 1989 but with blander lyrics and unfinished trap beats. Don't Blame Me is best song but it has the exact same arrangement as Take Me To Church. End Game sounds like a Drake Song. New Years Day is a cute ballad. Other highlights of the album are Dress, CIWYW, So it Goes.Most songs are just bland, boring and generic that sound like rejects from 1989. LWYMMD and TIWWCHNT is trash and annoying. For Taylor fans only
  37. Nov 12, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Reputation a dado mucho de que hablar, pero esta lleno de odio contra otros famosos se extraña a la de 1989, de Taylor Swift solo destaco de que pocos temas movido serán singles Expand
  38. Nov 10, 2017
    I don't understand how anyone could see the production or delivery on this album as an acceptable facsimile of rap and R&B. The songs more obliquely inspired by these genres feature an awkwardly delivered mishmash of talking, singing and rapping. The production in these songs are worse, oft sounding dated, clunky and uninspired. In an attempt to sound edgier she has effectively recycledI don't understand how anyone could see the production or delivery on this album as an acceptable facsimile of rap and R&B. The songs more obliquely inspired by these genres feature an awkwardly delivered mishmash of talking, singing and rapping. The production in these songs are worse, oft sounding dated, clunky and uninspired. In an attempt to sound edgier she has effectively recycled and reappropriated out-dated trap and electroclash clichés.

Similarly, her lyrics employ clichéd metaphors and analogies about committing crimes and seeing herself and her new beau as the next Bonnie & Clyde. The thematic depth she explores is never past a surface interpretation of what a reputation is, or any criticism of anyone as always an open attempt to drag them through the mud.

The songs on the album that fit a more melodic and synthpop direction feel more cohesive and work to the strengths of Taylor's voice and songwriting. However, in going in these directions she fails to set herself apart from her contemporaries and give a great sense of who she is as an artist.

Overall the album is an out-of-touch, bland attempt at rebranding while using the same sounds her Top 40 peers have used before and venturing in 'edgier' genres like rap/trap/electroclash only to use their clichés as well.

I really tried to like this album, I thought upon re-listening my opinion would change and she would be able to make the new sonic direction could work - unfortunately it's not well executed and sounds like her least fleshed-out and developed album to date.
  39. Nov 11, 2017
    It's bad, but it's not bad if you listen more than once. In her discography, "Reputation" is the best in terms of musical maturity, everything she talks about boys, relationship, got boring, always the same. I think "Reputation" is good just because it's different, because if Taylor left that shade on shade aside the album could be great.
  40. Nov 10, 2017
    Oh come on, it's the same basic pop trash, like 1989 volume 2.0, she just a girl who want to express yourself in love. I don't like it, nothing new and fresh
  41. Nov 10, 2017
    i used to be in love with you, you used to be the first thing on my mind. Sorry Taylor, you lost me forever. Y can't believe you became in this. Thats why I say stop taylor, start Katy, i woke up and put on witness, thats better than this xoxoSEctapOP
  42. Nov 10, 2017
    Taylor siempre es lo mismo de siempre, ella no se reinventa, siempre escuchamos lo mismo de ella, canciones llenas de odio e indirectas a sus "enemigos", debería cambiar, ya que la mayoría estamos aburridos de sus temas rencorosos.
  43. Nov 10, 2017
    I think this album is a bit full of pure rancor and its lyrics are very repetitive, it has very repetitive rhythms, the only thing that can save the album are its lyrics. I prefer 'Witness' than this new Taylor Swift material.
  44. Nov 11, 2017
    Eu não sou fã da Taylor mas adoro varias musicas dela, pelo o que eu vi em Look What You Made Me Do e Ready For It eu fiquei esperando muito mais, o album é bom, mas senti que muitas faixas são muito parecidas, eu ainda prefiro o 1989.
  45. Nov 11, 2017
    She either over did the production or did no production, the lyrics are very, very mediocre. Her lyrics are terrible, really. Only really liked like one song. I was very disappointed.
  46. Feb 18, 2018
    Eww.. this bleached entitled baby girl was never good, but ratputation is her worst work to date. this chick thinks shes Beyoncé lmao..
  47. Nov 10, 2017
    Malisimo es una cagada universal tridimensional xoxo secta pap coño que porqueria este album seria mejor que taylor lo descalificara y comience a trabajar en otro albuna
  48. Nov 10, 2017
    It's difficult to listen, there comes a time when is monotonous and boring. Has nice lyrics, but an uninteresting sound. At a certain moment I could say that I was listening to his old songs like: "Out Of The Woods" "Style" or "I Don't Wanna Live Forever". Look What You Made Me Do it's the most powerful song of the album.
  49. Nov 10, 2017
    Um álbum bagunçado e caótico, Taylor tentou um trabalho divisor de águas em sua carreira e conseguiu - essa era será uma vergonha se comparada as antigas da cantora.
    E quem diz que reputation é o melhor do ano, claramente não foi além da própria bolha de fã e tentou ouvir um pop sólido e interessante.
  50. Nov 11, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. البوم سيء جدا .. فانز تايلور جدا خرة وكس امهم انيجهم نيج ولد الكحاب اشوف واحد يعترض ع كلامي انهي مسيرتكم خصوصا تاي1989 على الانستكرام انيجك نيج بب Expand
  51. Nov 10, 2017
    I don’t know where to begin. Taylor is attempting to rebrand herself as dark and serious and mature with an album that sounds like 1989 on steroids. “This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things” is the biggest ear sore ever. The lyrics are childish and petty, with a song that sounds like Taylor let her cats bang around in the studio. “Get Away Car” rehashes Out of the Woods, and “I Did SomethingI don’t know where to begin. Taylor is attempting to rebrand herself as dark and serious and mature with an album that sounds like 1989 on steroids. “This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things” is the biggest ear sore ever. The lyrics are childish and petty, with a song that sounds like Taylor let her cats bang around in the studio. “Get Away Car” rehashes Out of the Woods, and “I Did Something Bad” is just a reworked “Ready for It...?”. The strongest track is the stripped down “New Years Day”. It’s unfortunate Swift decided not to add more intimate tracks like this that show her true talent and passion. She ultimately produced a mediocre pop album filled with poorly written choruses, electronic migraines and lyrics that a five year old could write. This isn’t mature or cool or inventive, it is a record that is seeping with the desperation of trying to be something you’re not. Taylor does it well. She continues her same vindictive love grazed pattern with no real show of depth or emotion. Is this a good record? Sure, it’s a pop record. It could be worse. For Taylor Swift, it is just a painful experiment gone wrong. Expand

1. Q Magazine
    Nov 22, 2017
    Sometimes overly busy album. ... Swift soars when she is most herself. [Jan 2018, p.112]
  2. Nov 22, 2017
    Part rumination on engaging with the pop icon and part deep end even after eating the meal, Reputation keeps the ball in the air, argues for moving forward, even if it’s herky jerky.
  3. Nov 21, 2017
    Swift’s unencumbered analysis of the tectonic shifts within her personal and public life are equal parts razor sharp and self-indulgent. But as a pop album, Reputation is never revolutionary, the adrenalin rush heady but ultimately short-lived.