Taking Chances - Celine Dion
7.1

Review this album

1. May 25, 2012
    This is a great album. Her voice in this album is really good. The tracks are good and I can really connect to it. I don't understand why some users gave it a 0 or 1. All I know is...this is a great one from Celine Dion.............
  2. May 12, 2013
    It is a really good album. She tried to do something different, and that is what she did. The sound and lyrics are brilliant, the only problem is the too long length of the album. I think she could did a masterpiece without so many songs.

1. As far as standard Celine fare goes, in fact, Chances is likely her strongest non-French outing since 2002's "A New Day Has Come;" nobody unfolds a lyric with more care or nuance.
  2. Packing an emotional wallop, Chances should quash critics who insist that Dion's voice is stainless steel.
  3. The laborious 16-track record purportedly finds the queen of adult contemporary-turned-Vegas attraction taking chances by modernizing her treacly power ballad sound with lots of overdubbed guitars and of-the-moment collaborators.