The Fame

Review this album

1. Samantha
    Sep 6, 2009
    Boring drivel and repetitive beats. I've heard it all before.
  2. KT
    Oct 30, 2008
    I love great dance music but this is definitely not it. She can write a great chorus, but with production values this low and verses this flat she has a long way to go before she lives up to her marketing hype.
  3. JuliaA.
    Apr 8, 2009
    Crap, fake, boring and it all came from an exhibitionist woman.
  4. ZachD
    Apr 10, 2009
    Possibly the worst, most annoying music I've ever heard. Terrible song writing and weird vocal effects make it just plain painful to listen to. Fingernails on a chalk board would have been better.
  5. DanielleL.
    Jan 5, 2009
    The beat's are catchy enough, but the lyrics in all of her songs are utterly repulsive. Her Christmas tree song, while "supposedly" about Christmas, hence the title, is just about being a skank at a party, just like every other damn song on this album.
  6. LeeW
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baby food. "Lady GaGa" is a good name for it.
  7. Jan 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow. This is the worst album ive ever heard. Her image sucks, her songs make no sense, her music sounds like Sweet 16 birthday party gone wild and shes a total Roisin Murphy,Madonna,Britney, Christina ripoff, trying to be cool+ sexy.The name Gaga suits her. I do not recommend this album to anyone with a good music taste. Expand
  8. JeffB
    Jun 25, 2009
    Forced to listen to this once at a party. I want that hour of my life back. It was horrible horrible horrible. How can you write an album about being famous before you are famous? I don't know but apparently someone did anyway.
  9. Michael
    May 3, 2009
    Absolute garbage, awful lyrics that could be written by a 13 year old and music that sounds like countless other shallow pop acts in the mainstream right now. 'The Fame' is only going to last 15 minutes as she goes out of fashion just like countless other disposable popstars. Do yourself a favour and listen to music with substance. Her music is plastic, Her image is plastic.
  10. PedroP
    Dec 21, 2008
    Lady GaGa is another one hit wonder. When I first saw her I thought she had a wicked style, but when I heard her I thought she was a disaster. "Just Dance" has a likeable sound but when you look closer, you see it's pretty much another "Madonna gone wild" moment.
  11. Jay
    Nov 20, 2009
    Pure hype! lyrics like "don't be bluffin with my muffin" are laughabley bad. It's geared towards the 15yr old girls who like the hills and singing along with sugar coated pop hooks. Everything on the charts is synth/pop/dance driven, without heart or soul like most of the 80's music was.
  12. Ranel
    Nov 4, 2009
    The only redeeming song is "Just Dance". Other than that the songs are not appealing or will annoy you if you listened to it over and over again.
  13. ChrisC
    Apr 11, 2009
    Would probably like her more if the radio didn't blow her up and force them in my face. A lot of times her singing style is EXTREMELY annoying especially during the verses, and honestly, pop has enough albums. I don't care how many #1's she has. She's crap.
  14. MaxL.
    Jun 24, 2009
    Bad music, fake, boring.
  15. Apr 6, 2011
    WTF Really? What is happening in music today? This "person" is a crappy singer and the beats sound like a pile of crap within another pile of crap. These are the types of people that should die or go away. But preferred to be dead.
  16. Apr 19, 2011
    Giving it a one only because of the beats outside that, Garbage !!!..............................................................................................................................................
  17. Nov 16, 2011
    If you're looking for generic dance beats with a nice pretty voice repeating the same line 20000 times dubbed over it, look no further. It's not only annoying, but I fail to see any appeal in hearing this. I beg the average consumer to look further than this, and stop buying this crap. This is good money. But this is not good art.
  18. Jun 27, 2012
    Very overrated. She has a great voice but just doesnt use it as it should be used. The album was rushed and cheaply produced. Was expecting a lot better. Dont waste your money.
  19. Nov 20, 2012
    Come on people, you can't think that this album is actually good! The lyrics don't tell the listener anything and the music is only electronic music, which is, however, not so bad. But The Fame is just another stupid pop album. The idea of catchy dance pop songs only adds up three times. The rest is quite poor stuff and you really don't have to listen to this album.
  20. May 17, 2013
    Crap...Sorry but anyone enjoying this has a bad taste in music.
  21. Dec 3, 2013
    A half electropop album mouth that piggybacked on the Blackout by Britney Spears. Gaga tries to get influences from David Bowie to merge with their pop music, but fails in the attempt. The Fame is showing a frustrating and extremely pretentious debut.

1. Fueled by heavy dance tracks and popping electronic beats, The Fame, the first album by the glamorous Lady Gaga, is a well-crafted sampling of feisty anti-pop in high quality.
  2. The full-length The Fame proves she's more than one hit and a bag of stage tricks.
  3. Listen a little closer to the sly, snarky lyrics and glam grooves on this feisty debut and you'll hear that this former downtown New York spice girl has at least a few things on her dirty mind.