Review this album
May 28, 2012A well composed plethora of great hard hitting songs, from the titular song to the added extras this album just keeps on giving. Each song with it's own personal touch of LA badass that is slash with blues driven hard rock at it's finest and the breathtaking voice of Miles Kennedy, this is one album that doesn't disappoint.
Favourite song: We will roam, bad rain and No more heroes
Jun 30, 2012At first I was somewhat skeptical of this album, and was unimpressed. As I kept listening to it, I have grown to like it more and more. There are enough catchy riffs and lyrics to keep you listening over and over. Yes, there is no Paradise City or Sweet Child O'mine, but still some very good tunes. We have to try not to compare this, to one of the best records ever made. Good Cd, worth buying.
Jul 1, 2012This album is truly amazing and reminds me a lot of the old gnr. Songs like Anastasia are one of slash's best songs ever. The album proves that rock and roll still exists. Yet again myles' vocals are flawless and in my opinion, has the best rock and roll voice in these modern times. The album was all recorded live so it has that raw feel to it. A must have for any rock fan!
May 24, 2012A solid, consistently hard-rocking album. Anastasia may be Slash's best song since Use Your Illusion -- or even Appetite -- with an incredible lead riff followed by a danceable groove and amazing solos. The title track, Not For Me, You're a Lie and No More Heroes are also standouts.
Sep 19, 2012I completely think that the 68 metascore that this site has rated this album is BS. This album is absolutely amazing. I'm gonna do a track-by-track review. 1. Apocalyptic Love- The title track. Has a really slow intro, that starts into an amazing riff. This was one of the first songs I heard off the album, and it's one of the best.
2. One Last Thrill- This song is a fast, heavy, punkI completely think that the 68 metascore that this site has rated this album is BS. This album is absolutely amazing. I'm gonna do a track-by-track review. 1. Apocalyptic Love- The title track. Has a really slow intro, that starts into an amazing riff. This was one of the first songs I heard off the album, and it's one of the best.
2. One Last Thrill- This song is a fast, heavy, punk influenced track. I love this song, and even 4 months after the album's been out, I still don't know the lyrics all the way through. 3. Standing in the Sun- This is one of my all time favorite Slash and Myles Kennedy songs. When I first heard this song, I found myself pausing the song and smiling about the lyrics ("So keep your cloud of darkness and doom off my parade" being one of my favorite lyrics off the album). 4. You're A Lie- The First single off the album. This song really shows the power of Jesus, ahem Myles Kennedy's voice. The solo and the breakdown made me really love this song. 5. No More Heroes- This song is great. I don't really know how to explain why it's so good, other than it's great.
6. Halo- Epic lyrics, epic riff, epic vocals, epic solo. My 2nd favorite off the album. 7. We Will Roam- Never listened to this song all the way through (I don't know why)
8. Anastasia- Beginning with a classical guitar riff, that kicks into a heavy melodic verse and chorus combination, ending with a 2 minute solo. What more can you ask for in a song?
9. Not For Me- Slow epic ballad that is about drugs. I could really relate to this song, and it is the only song (so far) that I can play on bass. 10. Bad Rain- I really don't know how to describe this song. It's a heavy melodic love song, I really like it though. 11. Hard & Fast- This is like a heavier version of One Last Thrill. This song has an amazing solo. This song is absolutely great. 12. Far and Away- Never heard this song all the way through.
13. Shots Fired- Great song to close a great album
Myles Kennedy and Slash combined make an amazing band. If these two had formed a band in 1985 (When GNR was formed), I would still be happy. These guys are two GODS in hard rock and I can't wait until their next album comes out. (Next Year im hoping)… Expand