Prism - Katy Perry
5.3

Review this album

1. Oct 22, 2013
  2. Oct 22, 2013
    The musical evolution of Katy's from the songs 9 16, she really let the light in, not so cormecial as "Teenage Dream" and not as organic as "One of The Boys", she finally found herself artistically.
  3. Oct 22, 2013
    much ballad, very cheerful music
    songs of self control and music to make it clear that you send.
    Congratulations katy.
    music highlights
    It Takes Two, and Love Me Roar course
  4. Oct 22, 2013
    It's Teenage Dream all over again. The music is more serious? Seriously, is it?
    Do Birthday, This Is How We Do, Walking on Air, International Smile and Dark Horse seem like serious songs to you? Sure, the album has a few serious tracks, but that's what everyone expects from an album that was promised to be dark. And, it is the opposite of dark.

Katy played it safe again. All the tracks are catchy and they could do well on charts, but, they're incredibly forgettable. They not only sound alike with the songs on Teenage Dream, they also sound alike between them! By the Grace of God, Unconditionally, Roar and Walking on Air are the only standout tracks.

Katy should take more risks and try new styles. Her fans will like Prism, but the general public will hardly do.
  5. Oct 22, 2013
    Amazing!! Prism is so fresh. Katy is so fresh. Best pop singer ever!! This record is so lovely, Katy find herself e looks like she's pretty comfortable. LET THE LIGHT IN!
  6. Nov 11, 2013
  7. Sep 18, 2014
    The most uninspired record I've ever heard. It sounds like it was made in 30 minutes. Everything is calculated to appeal to the younger generation, all the songs are full of clichés and aimed at sales only. Awful. Music at its worst.
  8. Mar 22, 2014
    While being her career best, PRISM is only a tad bit more mature than her previous albums, and ends up sounding less inspired, mostly due to the overwhelming amount of useless ballads. The album drags on superfluously, and is hardly memorable at all. Obviously this album (and all of its songs) will wipe out the Billboard Hot 100 and Billboard 200, as this album seems to be perfectly cutWhile being her career best, PRISM is only a tad bit more mature than her previous albums, and ends up sounding less inspired, mostly due to the overwhelming amount of useless ballads. The album drags on superfluously, and is hardly memorable at all. Obviously this album (and all of its songs) will wipe out the Billboard Hot 100 and Billboard 200, as this album seems to be perfectly cut out for that sole objective.
    Well played, Perry.
    Especially after (barely putting up with) listening to it again, PRISM sounds dated, boring, and just flat-out awful.

Best Songs- Walking On Air, Legendary Lovers, Ghost
    Worst- Dark Horse, Roar, Birthday, ALL OF THE BALLADS
  9. Aug 28, 2014
    One of the worst albums my ears has had the displeasure of hearing. This album is horrific, bland, uninspired, cliche as **** & is step back from the other albums (though to be fair her earlier work sucks too). Don't buy this pile of feces.
  10. Nov 2, 2013
    Now, she said this album was gonna be dark. With the exception of tracks such as Dark Horse, it's a quality that is constantly lacked. But for what was released, I guess it's good overall. This sounds a lot more mature than the previous two albums which is undeniable by any listener. Even people who hate Katy Perry.
  11. Oct 28, 2013
    Katy Perry sheds her cotton candy scented look for for her fourth album "PRISM" (caps lock inspired by Lady Gaga). One may think she'd make a completely dark album given her divorce, but PRISM mainly focuses on the new man in her life and only offers a few 'darker' songs. I'd single out "Legendary Lovers" as the highlight of the album donning a subtle Easter inspiration, the song followsKaty Perry sheds her cotton candy scented look for for her fourth album "PRISM" (caps lock inspired by Lady Gaga). One may think she'd make a completely dark album given her divorce, but PRISM mainly focuses on the new man in her life and only offers a few 'darker' songs. I'd single out "Legendary Lovers" as the highlight of the album donning a subtle Easter inspiration, the song follows our tigress having sex or whatnot in the middle of a jungle. On the other hand, "This Is How We Do" and "International Smile" are god awful fillers. Overall, PRISM sounds fresh, strong and things-will-get-better-in-the-end Expand
  12. Nov 11, 2013
    It's an improvement from her previous albums, but i'm not sure about this record. Despite features ready-for-number-one songs, others aren't like this. Listen to the whole album, you can hear the catchy bop "Roar" but at same time you can hear some "adult" ballads. Seems like she still don't know if stay in the beach with the ''California Gurls" or if she can already move on and turn intoIt's an improvement from her previous albums, but i'm not sure about this record. Despite features ready-for-number-one songs, others aren't like this. Listen to the whole album, you can hear the catchy bop "Roar" but at same time you can hear some "adult" ballads. Seems like she still don't know if stay in the beach with the ''California Gurls" or if she can already move on and turn into a complete mature artist. Maybe next time, Katy. Expand
  13. Nov 8, 2013
    I love how the music in the album is delivered but failed to make an impression as an album. Prism is a good album for charting singles,it's mainstream and radio-friendly to all listener but as a whole album it failed to blend his ideas and concept. She said that the album will "darker" yet she failed to express it though, the songs sounds the same in a lot of factor. Still a good album toI love how the music in the album is delivered but failed to make an impression as an album. Prism is a good album for charting singles,it's mainstream and radio-friendly to all listener but as a whole album it failed to blend his ideas and concept. She said that the album will "darker" yet she failed to express it though, the songs sounds the same in a lot of factor. Still a good album to listen but not worth buying. Expand
  14. Nov 18, 2013
    The best album from Katy Perry. She's finally "can see herself" and did it. So now we can hear the reflection of these lights that was inside her, and now it's outside for us!
  15. Oct 2, 2014
    TERRIBLE GENERIC MESS A WOMEN WITH NO REAL TALENT.

If you like Katy perry you have no taste in music you are easily fooled by this marketing gimmick.

She will flop harder then lady gaga ever did....it's only a matter of time. while gaga will be around for years.
  16. Dec 15, 2013
    Katy Perry is one of the most basic artists out there. This album proves it again. Corny music and lyrics. Very repetitive as she can only do what she can with her voice (and I´m not even reviewing her real singing voice without the auto-tune). Only really good tracks are Legendary Lovers (still corny) and Dark Horse. The rest is just bad. The usual from this type of artists. Where are theKaty Perry is one of the most basic artists out there. This album proves it again. Corny music and lyrics. Very repetitive as she can only do what she can with her voice (and I´m not even reviewing her real singing voice without the auto-tune). Only really good tracks are Legendary Lovers (still corny) and Dark Horse. The rest is just bad. The usual from this type of artists. Where are the real big talented names in mainstream music? Like it used to be in the 80s and 90s? Sad state music industry is in. Expand
  17. Sep 26, 2014
    I used to like her music. It is quite upsetting knowing she made these songs for the charts. She needs to be more fearless and "roar" with something better.
  18. Sep 26, 2014
    Katy made an album - again - for one objective: charts.It seems like the album was made for a unique objective: Charts. Devoid of any artistic intention, Prism is just another album with some mainstream songs that probably will be on top of the Billboard Hot 100.
  19. Sep 8, 2014
    PRISM é o album mais mediano de Katy Perry, A primeira metade é a melhor, todas as faixas são boas. Porém, depois da faixa 9, as faixas começam a decair e ficar cansativas, nem dá vontade de ouvir completo.
  20. Sep 23, 2014
    Genérico, péssimo e superficial. Nada além do que uma cantora pré fabricada possa fazer. Dr. Luke mais uma vez estragando o que poderia ser um álbum de qualidade ouvível.
  21. Sep 23, 2014
    This is the worst of katy perry's albums, and wait it's wrong to say that this is her album, she didn't write nothing, she pay to have te song, by the way the album is very very boring, it seem a copy and paste to "her" past song
  22. wuh
    Sep 23, 2014
    This album is so common, current and plane that will surely please the public. It is an ordinary album for ordinary people.
    Katy Perry abused to be the same as ever, without growing or propose as an artist: she is not an artist. She just wants to sell tracks as stupid as "Cause I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar".
    Besides her vocals lacerate ears on tracks like Unconditionally.
  23. Sep 23, 2014
    Everything is very reductive and generic... Maybe Dark Horse is somewhat nice but cmon... this gurl needs to stop the autotune... work harder katy otherwise find a new work
  24. Sep 23, 2014

25. Sep 25, 2014
    Seriously I could only tolerate like 3 songs from this album. This is such a bad follow up to Teenage dream. Legendary Lovers sounds so cheap and corny. Roar is catchy but the lyrics are so cliche. Birthday and walking on Air are okay. This is How We Do is meh but it's a bop so whatevs. The best track and the only outlier from this mess is Unconditionally so for that I'll give it a oneSeriously I could only tolerate like 3 songs from this album. This is such a bad follow up to Teenage dream. Legendary Lovers sounds so cheap and corny. Roar is catchy but the lyrics are so cliche. Birthday and walking on Air are okay. This is How We Do is meh but it's a bop so whatevs. The best track and the only outlier from this mess is Unconditionally so for that I'll give it a one instead of the zero it deserves. Expand
  26. Sep 28, 2014
    I was very sad to see how bad is pop music now days. The lyrics are so poor that you can't give a chance to the album, bad melodies et bad lyrics, how sad is it.. The melodies are not even good for a cartoon jingle of the sunday morning..
  27. Oct 4, 2014
    ists so bad asdasdsawqewqewqeqwewqewqewqewqeqweqweqwewqewqewqewqeqwewqeasdsadzxzxcxzczxczxcxzcxzcxzcasdasdasewqrqwrqewrqerqwerwqewqeewqweqweqweqweqqwe
  28. Oct 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What the **** is wrong with her?This album is totally **** gave her 3 because I still love her last album, this album,I can't even choose one freaking song that I love,but Teenage dream, It's still one of my favorite songs,and she gave "Black Widow"this kinda amazing song to the other,and she leave those crap for herself...Disappoint Expand
  29. Nov 16, 2014
    It's generally just a forgettable album. ZZZZ... I had to skip a couple of songs because they were jsut unbearable. There are a few decent songs, and she has a good voice, but it was just meh.
  30. Dec 16, 2014
    I thought when she buried her Teenage Dream was something she would be more focused on quality and be less commercial, but was worse than the last, she had a tremendous fallen between the two, although they have good songs is a fully commercial album and after the ninth track all the songs sound the same which causes sleep.
    Highlights: Legendary Lovers and Walking On Air
    Lows: Double
    Highlights: Legendary Lovers and Walking On Air
    Lows: Double Rainbow and Dark Horse
  31. Nov 12, 2013
    Her newest album, Prism, is a disappointment if one is going to hold on to her words promising a darker tune. It's full of cliches, the tracks sound alike and pales in comparison to her magnum opus which was Teenage Dream (and even that was full a factory made album designed to cater to the gullible masses).
  32. Nov 12, 2013
    I just can say that Prism is one of the most bored albums that I have listened. I just can say that the only song that I like is Legendary Lovers. I can't understand how successful Roar has been. Is a simply and childish song... Mi rate: 1
  33. Oct 27, 2013
    Certainly no Teenage Dream...

Let's just get one thing straight Teenage Dream was quite something of an album. It actually told this relatable story that, though at it's core had all the obvious makings of a successful pop album, was enjoyable for many audiences. Though Prism, Perry's latest outing, packs some interesting material, it does not live up to it's predecessor in any way.
    Certainly no Teenage Dream...

From a sound standpoint, this is somewhat of an odd one. There are songs on here that are instant reminders of how the last album sounded, and how this one is nothing compared to it. But there are sounds within tracks here which feel so forced in order to keep up with the dynamic shift that the modern pop charts have undergone in the last twelve months. Sounds that sound like they were pulled right out of Daft Punks amazing Random Access Memories, and for some reason, vocals that could have been pulled straight off a Ke$ha album (God knows why though).

It's not like this album is bad, I'm sure it will find a broad audience to listeners of ones local pop stations and other venues, it just lacks the charm that Teenage Dream had, and carries more of a subdued, generic feel to it.
  34. Nov 16, 2013
    After patiently waiting and getting my hopes up for a darker side of Katy Perry, I was very disappointed when I finally heard this album. It seems to be that she is trying to make music that will top the charts, rather then focusing on the actual quality of the music. Of course, we find what we always find in Katy Perry's music: catchy melodies and a variety of songs (ballads, danceAfter patiently waiting and getting my hopes up for a darker side of Katy Perry, I was very disappointed when I finally heard this album. It seems to be that she is trying to make music that will top the charts, rather then focusing on the actual quality of the music. Of course, we find what we always find in Katy Perry's music: catchy melodies and a variety of songs (ballads, dance tracks, glam rock etc.) However, After hearing a re-make of each one of her albums, I can efficiently conclude that it gets very boring. It's about quality, not quantity.

Summary: Catchy, yet utterly boring
  35. Nov 12, 2013
    Will Katy Perry ever dismiss herself as the bubblegum pop sell out that she is? Yet another boring, repetitive album. I look forward to the day when we hear something different from Ms. Perry. Right now, she's a perfect marketing machine with no decent output.
  36. Nov 12, 2013
    this album is BORING as She said that her new album will be "dark and mature", and all I can hear is all Teenage Dream's sound and Roar is the only one can standout in this album
  37. Nov 14, 2013
    Not a step up from Teenage Dream at all most of the songs sound like its generic left overs.The second half of the album is better than the first.Katy has all these creative producers and this is all they could come up with? There are some good tracks Spiritual, It Takes Two, Legendary Lovers and Ghost. One of the Boys still remains Katy's best and most mature albums to date.
  38. Nov 14, 2013
    This album is really boring and completely forgettable, I'm very dissapointed because Teenage Dreams was a good album and now she is trying to repeat each song, Birthday California Gurls, Unconditionally Wide Awake And Roar is a Brave ripoff.
  39. Oct 22, 2013
    When we talked about Katy Perry we imagine the "Californa Gurl" who lives her Teenage Dream, but now Katy is just a girl trying to find her own new style in music. PRISM is not her best album and she knows she can do better things.
  40. Nov 7, 2013
    I like just ROAR its very good and catchy but other songs OMG Katy and Prism is soooooo floppy and BASICK as B**ch. Katy is like butterfly without wings And Katy can not sing live Its ridiculous
  41. Nov 7, 2013
    the same as always, Katy does not change, afraid! the same as always, Katy does not change, afraid! the same as always, Katy does not change, afraid!!!
  42. Nov 12, 2013
    They all sound the same. Where is her diversity? She is always so safe with her music choices. The expectation didn't live up to the hype. Sure she has an okay singing voice but with all the ballads and slow tempo songs, it's basically the same song interpreted in 15 different ways. BEYOND disappointed.
  43. Nov 12, 2013
    i don't know why, but listening to this makes me angry1 it''s boring and so many ballads, i was over it after 4 songs! such a let down, this is lame as hell! waited for her to better herself but she just sucks even more now!
  44. Nov 4, 2013
    There are standout tracks like Legendary Lovers, Walking on Air and Dark Horse. I feel like the second half of the album is full of fillers. Some songs are not memorable at all.
  45. Nov 6, 2013
    A step down from teenage dream and One of the Boys... a few stand out tracks such as legendary lovers, dark horse, roar, unconditionally, international smile, and double rainbow. Besides those tracks it is all filler.
  46. Dec 3, 2013
    lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash
  47. Dec 21, 2013
    What is this? I mean, what she tried to do? Had she tried to break away from it all one day she ever done? She wasnt so different from Teenage Dream, except the part that Prism has a lot of boring musics! Katy, I dont hear you roar.
  48. Oct 22, 2013
    This is a very good sequel to Teenage Dream. Katy experiments on new genres on this album and I truly admire the diversity that she offers on her new opus. Bravo Katy and I'm excited for your future work!
  49. Oct 23, 2013
    overall, this isn't her best album. it's a very tiring record, it basically sounds like one mediocre song, and for on of the main pioneers of pop this just doesn't do. there are a few standout tracks though: dark horse, birthday and walking on air are the main highlights of a soulless dreading listen.
  50. Nov 7, 2013
    All in all it´s really….ummmm disappointing.
    All in all it´s really….ummmm disappointing.
    I´m not really bias or anything, I expected a lot more to Katy Perry after the uber successful Teenage dream…but no. Katy said that the album would be darker, which is good a change of pace but after the release of Prism, rather making me think how dark and eerie Katy Perry made this album (except the dark horse part where it was like a darker part of Katy Perry) it made me think of how similar this album to her past works….for example Birthday, it is like aTeenage dream single #3, This is how we do…the continuation
    of T.G.I.F, International Smile catchy but it´s like a part of `One of the Boys´. And the ballads, The Grace of God is something between great and good going to her roots I really like it, but unconditionally, the lyrics are
    kind of good but the sound of Katy Perry…it could be more climatic if only Mariah Carey or Christina Aguilera had that song, when Katy Perry sang that song I got a feeling that I couldn´t feel the climax of the song near at the end and in the chorus. Walking on Air, I really like it, fit for the dance floor yet very contemporary-ish. If I will be judging the album over all it would be 35 or 40 over 100 because some of the song dragged it down hard, but if I will be judging on the singles with the help of her team I guess it could be successful to younger audiences.
  51. Nov 8, 2013
    When I heard this album, there was nothing new from Katy Perry! The album is a mess! At least, Teenage Dream had a cooler theme....Same kind of vocals throughout the album! The album contained "OK" tracks! The worst album we got this year! Listening to the album, I have come to the conclusion that Katy Perry is definitely not an album artist! She's just a singles artist who only releasesWhen I heard this album, there was nothing new from Katy Perry! The album is a mess! At least, Teenage Dream had a cooler theme....Same kind of vocals throughout the album! The album contained "OK" tracks! The worst album we got this year! Listening to the album, I have come to the conclusion that Katy Perry is definitely not an album artist! She's just a singles artist who only releases singles which go and top the charts! I would also like to state that the album is filler-packed! I WARN YOU NOT TO BUT THIS ALBUM! Expand
  52. Nov 9, 2013
    Its disappointed me! Its not fresh,unique!!! i dont think if this album not make by the name "Katy Perry" will have people buy it.... And this Album is not Katy Perry at all!!! The only reason i can think of y this album can be on top just because its by "Katy Perry"! DISAPPOINTED
  53. Nov 8, 2013
    This is album is not bad, but it doesn't bring something special and interesting, It's just like what she used to do, Music for teenagers, I'm not a teenager sorry.
    It would be more interesting if she tried to work with new producers, and try to bring something new, when I hear the album in full I just feel the previous one
  54. Nov 13, 2013
    A very boring Album. No surprises, no style. Katy didn't gave us somethig new to listing. Just more of the same ever. The only track that maybe can save the album is "Dark Horse", even through it isn't enough. Not this time Katy, keep trying to make a nice album... who knows in the next year.
  55. Nov 14, 2013
    As a Katycat I was highly disappointed with Katy's new album. I thought it was going to be her dark era yet she comes out with this "spread the light" nonsense. To top it all off, 'Walking On Air' (aka the best song on the album) was released as a promo single
  56. Nov 14, 2013
    It is too boring from the start to the end... Not interesting at all. She should leave songwriting to people who know how to do it, and do what she was always doing.
  57. Sep 3, 2014
    Really boring. The only good thing I found on this album is Walking on Air.
    Perry is far from be a true artist. We all know that her voice sucks, and when she tries to hold a note her music becomes unbearable.
    Really boring. The only good thing I found on this album is Walking on Air.
    Her lyrics are pretty basic, it seems I'm reading a text for self-improvement. I don't need to hear from Perry that "I have the eye of the tiger"... or that "I am a champion". I do not think anyone needs to hear it from Perry.
  58. Oct 29, 2013
    Katy always worked, without ashamed to show it's a Pop Star, 'Teenage Dream' is quite exciting, when you want to hear a good Pop, who does not think about him? On his new album, 'Prism', Perry seems to have the need to prove that we can present something different, when all we want is more Katy Perry, of course, that renew every job is always good, the error in 'Prism' is that it does not work.
  59. Nov 8, 2013
    A album made of fillers and boring songs, one extention of teenage dream and her terrible first album One of the boys. Forgot Dr. Luke & Max Martin Perry
  60. Nov 15, 2013
    She really is bland. The most successful song "Rawr" could easily be confused for a Disney song super cheesy and annoying. If this album wins her any Grammys, they've lost all credibility to me.
  61. Oct 27, 2013
    Teenage dream will continue to be her best album, with that said Prism is not bad but it's lacking a lot of songs fill like fillers.

Best Songs
    Legendary Lovers
    Dark horse
    International Smile
    This is how we Do
  62. Hoe
    Nov 16, 2013
    All songs sound like fillers. Not really much that stands out. Not even the lead single Roar was impressing. Many songs are good like Legendary Lovers and Unconditionally but they all sound the same. It isnt really diverse. It does have more lyrical meaning than Teenage Dream so props to that. I think many were disappointed by this album since we were expecting more.
  63. Nov 17, 2013
    Katy did it again, she is fresh, this record is amazing, she is honest and the most beautiful I've found in this album, is this sound of contemporary christian music, I think she finally found a balance between the mainstream and a great sound. Besides, her lyrics and her voice are the best.
  64. Sep 20, 2014
    I truly can not understand how this record was so successful, others prefer it. No music that pleased me, the only music that has some salvation is Dark Horse and Roar.
  65. Nov 11, 2013
    All i have to say is: Worst album of the year she need to grow up
    stop with this teenage crap it's sounds like she's trying to be robyn
    all the record sounds the same.
  66. Dec 9, 2013
    Overall, Katy Perry's ''PRISM'' is an extremely bland album (even boring at points) with little intention other than to be on top of the charts. Key tracks are ''Unconditionally'', ''Dark Horse (feat. Juicy J)'' and ''Legendary Lovers''.
  67. Nov 7, 2013
    The album is like Teenage Dream left over, nothing new or exciting only the same usual BMP and bland lyrics over old tracks. When you listen to Prism you would feel like the album was made for Disney movie for kids.

The album is just made-for-radio and charts I would be sad if I was Katy Perry hardcore fan because it seems that Katy is pleasing top 40 more than her fans who are supposedly the ones this album is for.
  68. Nov 10, 2013
    Teenage Dream Prism
    Teenage Dream Prism
    I was expecting more from Katy Perry in this album. Roar was a mediocre pop song. (The only reason Roar is on my iPod is because it was free from Pepsi.) The rest of the songs are just plain and boring. Dark Horse is the best song on the album with Unconditionally in 2nd and Roar in 3rd. The rest are just bad. Dark Horse is the only song I bought on iTunes though. I hope future singles/albums from Katy are better or she's loosing a fan that she's had from the beginning.
  69. Oct 23, 2013
    When Katy announced 'Back to twerk, all the KatyCats were like ''Ahhhh, ahhhh, ahhh''
    It was in March, in July, was announced PRISM like the 3rd album, all we were shouting and emotioning. 12/08 Roar, went on sale, the 19/08 went too ''Dark Horse'' and 30/09 went ''Walking on air'' we all thought that her album would be like a ''Teenage Dream 2.0'', arrived the 18/10 and we all had the opportunity of listen and understand than this album is the complete connection that feelings and inner emotions in each of us,this is the album that have ALL the colors, from a Roar and finalize with a Choose your battles baby!!
    PERFECT ALBUM!
  70. Nov 14, 2013
    Katy Perry is doing the same thing. There's just a few good songs, but all of them sounds the same. Maybe she needs to try something new. This album sucks.
  71. Oct 24, 2013
    unfortunately i did not like this album, it is very superficial, it does not have a good artistic view, it´s just pop songs with trash lyrics, so it is
  72. Oct 22, 2013
    Katy has never promised that her new album is going to be a "dark album". Haters please shut your mouth and go read that interview. This is an amazing album. Unlike Teenage Dreams, songs in the album are not very catchy at the first time, but the more you listen, the more you love. For example, Ghost, Unconditionally, Love Me.
  73. Oct 23, 2013
    This is Katy Perry: fun, unpretentious and vulnerable. She's here to stay and that's definitely what PRISM conveys. A pop artist who has heart and is no longer hungry for attention-seeking antics which was so 2008. She has a lot to say and her fans will be glad that her message is catapulted to them in 16 new hooks that are sure to make you bop like crazy (Walking On Air, Dark Horse,This is Katy Perry: fun, unpretentious and vulnerable. She's here to stay and that's definitely what PRISM conveys. A pop artist who has heart and is no longer hungry for attention-seeking antics which was so 2008. She has a lot to say and her fans will be glad that her message is catapulted to them in 16 new hooks that are sure to make you bop like crazy (Walking On Air, Dark Horse, Birthday, International Smile, This Is How We Do) or allow you to reflect on oneself as you hear Katy's highs and lows. She's basically doing all the work for her listeners. She's gone through heartaches (Ghost, Choose Your Battles) and wants her fans going through the same to pick there selves up and become stronger (By The Grace Of God, Roar, This Moment), learn from one's mistakes and faults (It Takes Two, Love Me) and invest in life as a better person for oneself and for others, wholeheartedly (Unconditionally, Spiritual, Double Rainbow). Katy Perry, keep 'em coming. We're interested. Your fans are here to stay.
    Favorites from the album: Ghost, Love Me, By The Grace of God, Double Rainbow, It Takes Two, Roar
  74. Nov 11, 2013
    Had high hopes for this album but was actually very disappointed! It's very similar to the Katy of all other albums, and i think including some different sounds or even a slightly different theme would be useful to freshen things up and keep people interested! It's about time she stopped making music just to gain single chart success and make an album of good quality!
  75. Oct 22, 2013
    The PRISM so light and airy and at the same time, is as distinct and complete. I really enjoyed what I heard and I recommend everyone to buy and listen to this wonderful album. PRISM in my opinion does not deserve negative scores.
  76. Nov 11, 2013
    Katy Perry 's new album "PRISM" is her worst album ever Only "Roar" is good the others songs are so bad When I buy "PRISM" i was so happy to listen her new album After the end of the album i was so confused because "PRISM" is her worst album ever
  77. Oct 22, 2013
    Even though the album is not very emotional as it was supposed to be, Katy Perry already said her goodbyes to her bubblegum imagine as she proves that Prism is no 'Teenage Dream 2.0' and shows that her songwriting has been matured since the Teenage Dream era.

Highlight tracks: Legendary Lovers, Walking on Air, Unconditionally, Dark Horse, This is How We Do and By the Grace of God.

Potential singles after the album's release: Birthday, Dark Horse and This is How We Do.

(Note that I am a Katycat by the way)
  78. Nov 11, 2013
    The production on this album is quite wonderful, but Katy's vocal deliverance is, yet again, absolutely painful and over processed. It's as if Kidz Pop re-recorded Madonna's, "Ray of Light," but replaced the lyrics with nursery rhymes and clichés instead of the original content.
  79. Oct 22, 2013
    Prism has the charts and the commerce in mind and that's about it. Although that's never necessarily been a cons for any anticipated pop album, it's disappointing in the charming and vocally gifted Katy Perry's case. In a year where pop musicians have been pushing the envelope with chart-topping singles such as Lorde's minimal "Royals" and even Robin Thicke's retro-esque "Blurred Lines",Prism has the charts and the commerce in mind and that's about it. Although that's never necessarily been a cons for any anticipated pop album, it's disappointing in the charming and vocally gifted Katy Perry's case. In a year where pop musicians have been pushing the envelope with chart-topping singles such as Lorde's minimal "Royals" and even Robin Thicke's retro-esque "Blurred Lines", Prism sinks into the cracks of a groundbreaking list of more intriguing pop albums and comes off as nothing more than mediocre. The Asian-influenced "Legendary Lovers" and the unarguably catchy pop ballad "Unconditionally" are sure to top the pop charts and certainly contribute to Perry's status as one of current mainstream music's leading ladies, but the rest of the album ends up sounding too 'wishy-washy', overwhelmingly similar, and forgettable. Perry's identity crisis is on complete display and despite giving it her all, she shows no vulnerability nor charisma she displays in her public persona. "Roar" may earn Perry a Grammy nomination or two, but this album will be about as forgettable as her debut Christian entry back in 2002. For Katycats (Perry's nicknamed fans), the album should be a smash-hit. For anyone expecting a Lady Gaga-esque growth in terms of musical content, expect disappointment. Expand
  80. Oct 23, 2013
    I don't think this album is good enough to follow up to the amazing Teenage Dream, this album just lacks something. It just gets boring after listening to the first 3-5 tracks and the last 8 tracks all seem like fillers.
  81. Oct 22, 2013
    This album is not a masterpiece, but it shows how much Katy matured during those 3 years. It's not as commercial as Teenage Dream, but it has some hits like Legendary Lovers, Dark Horse and Unconditionally. This last song is a strong ballad that may burst eventually, I really see it as a great song; highlight verses: "Acceptance is the key to be truly free" and "I'll take your bad daysThis album is not a masterpiece, but it shows how much Katy matured during those 3 years. It's not as commercial as Teenage Dream, but it has some hits like Legendary Lovers, Dark Horse and Unconditionally. This last song is a strong ballad that may burst eventually, I really see it as a great song; highlight verses: "Acceptance is the key to be truly free" and "I'll take your bad days with your good". Teenage Dream was so "made for party hard", but this album has both sides. The first part (1-8) shows the "fun" moment of the album, while the second (9-16) shows the strong lyrics and productions, really relevant songs. Special attention to the bonus tracks; these three tracks are her best songs ever: It Takes Two, Spiritual (I feel a piece of Alanis Morissette listening to it) and Choose Your Battles (this and By The Grace Of God both were co-produced by her). No need too much to realize that she took a step forward in her career, she just needs to focus more in her music, not only the charts. Expand
  82. Oct 22, 2013
    PRISM is an incredible album. At first listen doesn't sounds like the usual Katy Perry. Roar is the only one song which could be in Teenage Dream. Prism is not a 100% album, but is easy to see that Katy grew up musically. She has a long way ahead and Prism shows us that Katy is in the right way. The best songs from Prism is "Ghost", "Spiritual" and "By The Grace of God", but these songsPRISM is an incredible album. At first listen doesn't sounds like the usual Katy Perry. Roar is the only one song which could be in Teenage Dream. Prism is not a 100% album, but is easy to see that Katy grew up musically. She has a long way ahead and Prism shows us that Katy is in the right way. The best songs from Prism is "Ghost", "Spiritual" and "By The Grace of God", but these songs doesn't works on the radio. The songs for the radio are "Legendary Lovers", "It Takes Two", "Dark Horse" (which should be the 3rd single) and "Walking on Air". My Rate is 10 because Katy gave her best in this album and she did very well. Expand
  83. Oct 26, 2013
    I don't like it! The only good songs (there are 16 songs) are "Roar", "Dark Horse", "Legendary Lovers", "Birthday", "Walking On Air", & "This Is How We Do". The others are trash.
    Katy, I'm sorry, but your album sucks!
  84. Oct 22, 2013
    The sixteen-track set shows a more mature side of Perry, alongside a consistent and well done production. The problem with it, is that, ultimately, its lyrics are banal and cliched. The singer deserves respect for coming up with Prism, a record that's plenty of positivism and love. Standouts include "Legendary Lovers", "Spiritual" and "Choose Your Battles".
  85. Nov 9, 2013
    A generic pop album by a bubblegum generic pop singer. Seriously, people, what's wrong with you? These stupid pop artists will NEVER stop making horrible music if you guys still buying their songs.
  86. Oct 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Prism is the album of 2013 and I encourage everyone to get this album ASAP! Katy Perry really showcases her songwriting ability and matches, if not tops, the chart behemoth that was Teenage Dream on her third studio album. Prism gives us a glimpse at every single side of Perry and doesn't hold back. Tracks like 'This Is How We Do', 'International Smile' and 'Walking on Air' echo the playful, euphoric atmosphere that was set on TD, whereas she experiments with different styles and sounds on tracks like 'Dark Horse ft. Juicy J'. 'By The Grace Of God' is definitely the most emotional song on the whole album. It talks about how Perry felt after her divorce and her vocals are top-notch; it's my personal favourite! 'Unconditionally', 'Spiritual', 'This Moment' and 'Birthday' are all very love-focused (all thanks to Mr John Mayer!) however 'Birthday' is slightly more tongue in cheek than the rest. 'It Takes Two', a song specifically on the deluxe album, is a fantastic self-reflective song about taking responsibility in a relationship. Alongside 'By The Grace Of God', 'Ghost' directly talks about Russell Brand and their divorce, and it's a very ethereal sounding track. 'Love Me' is a song about loving yourself how you would want your partner to love you. Perry talks about 'not negotiating with insecurities' and it definitely shows how self-reflective she has been writing Prism.
    'Roar' is obviously a pop-masterpiece and one of the highlights of the album! My favourite tracks are International Smile, This Is How We Do, Walking On Air, This Moment, It Takes Two, Unconditionally and By The Grace of God; congratulations Katy Perry on making an absolutely fantastic album!!
  87. Oct 23, 2013
    This is a great opus from Ms. Perry. The diversity of sound that ranges from EDM to HipHop to Ballads is genius. Her vocals is notably more mature than her previous records. The anthemic and self-reflective lyrics are relatable. Music is basically made to touch lives and Katy Perry delivered it well to her audience with out confusing the general public. Not a perfect album but it's almost there.
  88. Nov 6, 2013
    There isn't a doubt that Katy produces hits But she lacks artistic integrity This album supposedly is about transitioning into a different style for Katy but the result eventually is sonically predictable
  89. Nov 11, 2013
    This is a fun album that should do fairly well on the charts (if that's what is important these days..) but I can't help but feel it's a bit of an empty sterile shell. I can't really connect to this.
  90. Oct 24, 2013
    I'm actually in love with this album, it sounds different than Teenage Dream and even more mature! It's absolutely fun. "This Is How We Do" and "International Smile" reminds me Teenage Dream a little bit, but the rest of the album has a different "light". Thank God Prism isn't a dark album, I really can't imagine a "dark" Katy Perry, except for "By The Grace Of God", that is a sad andI'm actually in love with this album, it sounds different than Teenage Dream and even more mature! It's absolutely fun. "This Is How We Do" and "International Smile" reminds me Teenage Dream a little bit, but the rest of the album has a different "light". Thank God Prism isn't a dark album, I really can't imagine a "dark" Katy Perry, except for "By The Grace Of God", that is a sad and beautiful song. My favorite track on the album is "Spiritual", that makes part of the deluxe edition. Her vocals are so much better at this album, especially "It Takes Two" (another bonus track). I love the fact that is a complete "mix" album, "Double Rainbow" sounds different than "Roar", that sounds different than "Choose Your Battles" that sounds different than "Walking On Air" and "Dark Horse", schizophrenic, like she said! I love it. Expand
  91. Nov 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Personally, out of 16 songs, I only enjoyed three. Katy is smart. I expected so much for this album. But to my disappointment, this one only contains filler and boring songs. It's just Teenage Dream One of the boys put together with a new title and some catchy songs to cover up gaps. I can sense this would flop. Expand
  92. Nov 14, 2013
    My personal, biggest disappointment this year, so far. I was expecting something huge with this album, she used to say the album would be something more mature and "Dark" so I was expecting complex lyrics with great production but instead we got basic lyrics and basic production. She plays "Safe" with her music, I don't see taking any risks in this album (maybe only a couple of tracks)My personal, biggest disappointment this year, so far. I was expecting something huge with this album, she used to say the album would be something more mature and "Dark" so I was expecting complex lyrics with great production but instead we got basic lyrics and basic production. She plays "Safe" with her music, I don't see taking any risks in this album (maybe only a couple of tracks) Some songs sound like a rejected part from "Teenage Dream". It has some good tracks, but maybe it's too long and only those few songs barely make you wake up. Expand
  93. Nov 30, 2013
    Brilliantly executed and the perfect follow up to pop-perfection Teenage Dream. Katy shows growth in her writing and vocal ability as well as songwriting. Katy is no longer a guilty pleasure for me, but her songs are just as fun as many from her first two albums, while still retaining a degree of maturity. Very impressed.
  94. Oct 25, 2013
    Those expecting a Teenage Dream sequel will be disappointed. Instead of an album full of sugarplum-pop this album finally cements Perry's place at the top of the pop music industry. Finally fans and critics have a complete album with a variety of sounds that really shows off her voice and song-writing ability. The lyrics are better, the music is whole this album has a depth to it that IThose expecting a Teenage Dream sequel will be disappointed. Instead of an album full of sugarplum-pop this album finally cements Perry's place at the top of the pop music industry. Finally fans and critics have a complete album with a variety of sounds that really shows off her voice and song-writing ability. The lyrics are better, the music is whole this album has a depth to it that I felt was missing from 2010's Teenage Dream. Perry may not be able to fully repeat the success of that album (Prism focuses less on would-be smash singles, and instead offers respectable songs with great production value) but this new album will be remembered as a more balanced selection of songs, and allows critics to finally take Perry seriously.
    Album highlights: Roar, Love Me, Legendary Lovers, Unconditionally.
  95. Nov 7, 2013
    Esperava mais da Katy Perry! O Álbum não condiz aos seus countdowns! WOTA e DH são músicas ótimas e mostrou a versatilidade da cantora. Roar uma música sem muita pretensão e que teve um belo desemprenho. Fora isso o álbum está bem monotóno!
  96. Nov 11, 2013
    Really good album the balads are precious Choose Your Battles is so sad and This Moment as well

My Favorites: Walking on Air, Unconditionally,This Is How We Do, International Simle, This Moment and Choos Your Battles
  97. Oct 22, 2013
    I don't care if Prism is the sequel of the Katy of Teenage Dream but grow up; etc I really like this album, I have to say that the 40% of the álbum is completely amazing, Other 30% is good and the other 30% I think is the same of always, it's kind of boring. Some songs are so good, but others are boring and it is the same, I would prefer that she could change a little bit with her songs,I don't care if Prism is the sequel of the Katy of Teenage Dream but grow up; etc I really like this album, I have to say that the 40% of the álbum is completely amazing, Other 30% is good and the other 30% I think is the same of always, it's kind of boring. Some songs are so good, but others are boring and it is the same, I would prefer that she could change a little bit with her songs, but it's ok. The best tracks are Unconditionaly, This Is How We Do; Legendary Lovers is a stronger one, and some others. Tracks like This Moment, Love Me, Ghost. and others are very boring because they're the same sound of the whole album. I think she could experiment with more sounds. Expand
  98. Oct 22, 2013
    well, everything she said gone wrong....she said this one would be darkest but i didn't really see anything differente about her music..it's always the same and this just gets me bored
  99. Oct 22, 2013
    Katy Perry is doing the same thing. There's just a few good songs, but all of them sounds the same. Maybe she needs to try something new. There's good lyrics on the album while the rhythm of all of them are getting Perry's back to "One of the Boys...", she needs more of the potential of "Teenage Dream".
  100. Oct 22, 2013
    Just the same generic song, made for the charts
    = Teenage Dream and One of the Boys. #1 hits but
    no evolution, no memorable song, no art
    , no quality, fake emotions

Everything that is missing from [Lady Gaga's Artpop] is here, but everything that is good about it is spectacularly absent from Prism.
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    Prism feels transitional, the work of an artist clever enough to be restless, yet unable to split from a winning formula. [Dec 2013, p.110]
  3. Nov 14, 2013
    It doesn’t require the patience or emotional/intellectual involvement that albums I typically listen to require. The cool thing, though, is that it does have quite a bit of redeeming value.