Prism

• Release Date: Oct 22, 2013
5.7

Review this album

1. Oct 22, 2013
    Katy Perry is doing the same thing. There's just a few good songs, but all of them sounds the same. Maybe she needs to try something new. There's good lyrics on the album while the rhythm of all of them are getting Perry's back to "One of the Boys...", she needs more of the potential of "Teenage Dream".
  2. Dec 15, 2013
    Katy Perry is one of the most basic artists out there. This album proves it again. Corny music and lyrics. Very repetitive as she can only do what she can with her voice (and I´m not even reviewing her real singing voice without the auto-tune). Only really good tracks are Legendary Lovers (still corny) and Dark Horse. The rest is just bad. The usual from this type of artists. Where are theKaty Perry is one of the most basic artists out there. This album proves it again. Corny music and lyrics. Very repetitive as she can only do what she can with her voice (and I´m not even reviewing her real singing voice without the auto-tune). Only really good tracks are Legendary Lovers (still corny) and Dark Horse. The rest is just bad. The usual from this type of artists. Where are the real big talented names in mainstream music? Like it used to be in the 80s and 90s? Sad state music industry is in. Expand
  3. Nov 20, 2013
    It has been a while since we've heard from Katy Perry, the crazy haired, 29 year old who sang out Partying, Sex, and also had whip cream spray out of her boobs. Now after a painful divorce with comedian Russell Brand, Perry hopes to change her image. Now it's 2013 and we have "PRISM" which is led by her new hit single "Roar". I was looking forward to PRISM even though it looked like itIt has been a while since we've heard from Katy Perry, the crazy haired, 29 year old who sang out Partying, Sex, and also had whip cream spray out of her boobs. Now after a painful divorce with comedian Russell Brand, Perry hopes to change her image. Now it's 2013 and we have "PRISM" which is led by her new hit single "Roar". I was looking forward to PRISM even though it looked like it wouldn't have the fun, carefree image of Perry that we got from her last album "Teenage Dream". Which for Teenage Dream I enjoyed, despite some flaws. But PRISM is a very plain vanilla album with cliches abound and not a lot of originality, making PRISM a disappointment. The first eight songs are very good, but they don't have the edge that Perry brought in for Teenage Dream, most of the songs here sound like something I've heard from other artists like Katy Perry. There are a few standouts, "This is How We Do" sounds like a fun anthem for any kind of party, and "Birthday" is endlessly charming and adorable (even if the topic is about sex). The hit song "Roar" is okay, but it draws many similarities to Sara Bareilles "Brave" which in my opinion is a much better song. My main problem with PRISM is it's second half, although Perry shines in the vocal department, her songs are very borderline cheesy, on the level of Christian/Faith music, that's fine, but it's endlessly repeated on the final half, which leads to a very boring finale. Overall, "PRISM" tries to be different, but does it in all the wrong ways (it's also slow), fans of Katy Perry will find something to enjoy here, but for right now, let's hope Katy Perry recovers and gets back to the fun image we all loved. Expand
  4. Jan 23, 2014
    This album disappoints me greatly and I have been a die-hard fan. I like some of it, but I still feel frustrated. It lacks the "escapism" of Teenage Dream. In ET and California Gurls the videos are actually portrayed on an entirely different world--not earth! The fake hair, colors, personas, and alternate reality Perry created was escapism at its best and brought me joy. I could goThis album disappoints me greatly and I have been a die-hard fan. I like some of it, but I still feel frustrated. It lacks the "escapism" of Teenage Dream. In ET and California Gurls the videos are actually portrayed on an entirely different world--not earth! The fake hair, colors, personas, and alternate reality Perry created was escapism at its best and brought me joy. I could go to "Katy Perry Land" for a while where clothing is optional on cotton candy clouds and everything is candy coated, colorful, magical and fun. Sexy, beautiful aliens fell from the sky. It was SO special.

Prism has ok songs, but it doesn't transport me anywhere and that is why it feels unfulfilling and bland. It is just catchy pop songs, with a pop star who is very familiar, and that makes it not so special. I'm ok with her "maturing", and trying out different sounds and images, but I still want to be transported SOMEWHERE (more interesting than in my car listening to the radio, or dancing in a club to another familiar beat).

Burning the blue wig also made me sad. I feel betrayed. Candyland is gone. She set it on fire and burned it. I would prefer to not live in a world where I never see Katy Perry in a blue wig again. :(

You don't have to destroy the old (that we all loved) in order to move on with something new. They are not mutually exclusive.
  5. Jun 20, 2014
    Album legalzinho,até escutável,temos boas músicas com Dark Horse e Legendary Lovers mas tantas músicas sujam o album.
    O album levaria um 4,mas darei 5 por ainda ter a esperança da Katy anterior.
  6. Dec 16, 2014
    I thought when she buried her Teenage Dream was something she would be more focused on quality and be less commercial, but was worse than the last, she had a tremendous fallen between the two, although they have good songs is a fully commercial album and after the ninth track all the songs sound the same which causes sleep.
    Highlights: Legendary Lovers and Walking On Air
    Lows: Double
    Highlights: Legendary Lovers and Walking On Air
    Lows: Double Rainbow and Dark Horse
  7. Mar 18, 2015
    Track by track review:
    1. Roar 6/10
    2. Legendary Lovers 10/10 3. Birthday 10/10 4. Walking on Air 8/10 5. Unconditionally 9/10 6. Dark Horse 0.5/10 7. This Is How We Do 6/10 8. International Smile 5.5/10 9. Ghost 10/10 10. Love Me 2/10 11. This Moment 4.5/10 12. Double Rainbow 5/10 13. By the Grace of God 10/10 Highlight: Legendary Lovers Potential singles: Roar, Dark
    Track by track review:
    11. This Moment 4.5/10
    12. Double Rainbow 5/10
    13. By the Grace of God 10/10

Highlight: Legendary Lovers
    Potential singles: Roar, Dark Horse, Walking on Air, Legendary Lovers, Unconditionally.
  8. Dec 17, 2014
    Si se me preguntase en mi humilde opinión que pienso de Prism diría que es la fallida re invención de Katy Perry, sus canciones son pegajosas, pero esta colmadas de Clichés que simplemente no hacen de esta una experiencia original, y llendo en contra de los críticos, en mi opinión, el mejor álbum de Katy Perry es Teenage Dream.
  9. Dec 5, 2013
    She said that the album is 'dark' but i don't seems to see any 'darkness' inside. Roar being the first single doesn't really represents the album. Too much ballad at the end and very generic. Choice of producers are very limited too, hopefully she venture into other producers other than Dr Luke.
  10. Feb 27, 2014
    Prism, de Katy Perry, é bom, mas não vale um grammy.

Prism, de Katy Perry, é bom, mas não vale um grammy.

Katy Perry veio com Prism, que promete ser com certeza um álbum recheado de sucessos para a carreia de Katy, porém, mais uma vez, a cantora não traz nada demais. Com músicas boas, Katy Perry continua presa em sua zona de conforto, e a cada música escutada você começa a ter a impressão de que a cantora lança single já pensando em #1. Se Katy Perry quiser mesmo um grammy, precisa mudar muito e deixar de ser uma escrava da Capitol Records.
    Melhores do álbum: Legendary Lovers, Walking On Air, Dark Horse e Unconditionally
  11. Jul 8, 2014
    I've never heard an album such as this commercial. Kids and presumptuous, sometimes I wonder, as they needed 20 composers to compose songs like: "I got the eye of the tiger, the fighter, dancing through the fire... 'Cause I am the champion and you're gonna hear me roar... Louder, louder than a lion"? Until I do better than that with only a piano and a pen. But Prism has its positive side,I've never heard an album such as this commercial. Kids and presumptuous, sometimes I wonder, as they needed 20 composers to compose songs like: "I got the eye of the tiger, the fighter, dancing through the fire... 'Cause I am the champion and you're gonna hear me roar... Louder, louder than a lion"? Until I do better than that with only a piano and a pen. But Prism has its positive side, some songs like "By The Gace Of God" or "Double Rainbow" are saved, and they materialize a Katy Perry somewhat more mature, but it's nothing that you come to say, "OH MY GOD". Expand
  12. Jun 5, 2015
    Não há progresso em relação aos Álbuns anteriores, é comercial, feito pra vender.

as músicas boas são Spitual, Ghost, By The Grace of God, Choose Your Battles e It Takes Two, espero que ela traga musicas suaves assim pra próxima era ou seja Dark.

This Is How We Do ? Descarte do Teenage Dream, esqueceram de colocar e botaram nesse
  13. Nov 2, 2013
    Now, she said this album was gonna be dark. With the exception of tracks such as Dark Horse, it's a quality that is constantly lacked. But for what was released, I guess it's good overall. This sounds a lot more mature than the previous two albums which is undeniable by any listener. Even people who hate Katy Perry.
  14. Oct 27, 2013
    Teenage dream will continue to be her best album, with that said Prism is not bad but it's lacking a lot of songs fill like fillers.

Best Songs
    Legendary Lovers
    Dark horse
    International Smile
    This is how we Do
  15. Nov 8, 2013
    I love how the music in the album is delivered but failed to make an impression as an album. Prism is a good album for charting singles,it's mainstream and radio-friendly to all listener but as a whole album it failed to blend his ideas and concept. She said that the album will "darker" yet she failed to express it though, the songs sounds the same in a lot of factor. Still a good album toI love how the music in the album is delivered but failed to make an impression as an album. Prism is a good album for charting singles,it's mainstream and radio-friendly to all listener but as a whole album it failed to blend his ideas and concept. She said that the album will "darker" yet she failed to express it though, the songs sounds the same in a lot of factor. Still a good album to listen but not worth buying. Expand
  16. Nov 4, 2013
    There are standout tracks like Legendary Lovers, Walking on Air and Dark Horse. I feel like the second half of the album is full of fillers. Some songs are not memorable at all.
  17. Oct 22, 2013
    When we talked about Katy Perry we imagine the "Californa Gurl" who lives her Teenage Dream, but now Katy is just a girl trying to find her own new style in music. PRISM is not her best album and she knows she can do better things.
  18. Nov 11, 2013
    It's an improvement from her previous albums, but i'm not sure about this record. Despite features ready-for-number-one songs, others aren't like this. Listen to the whole album, you can hear the catchy bop "Roar" but at same time you can hear some "adult" ballads. Seems like she still don't know if stay in the beach with the ''California Gurls" or if she can already move on and turn intoIt's an improvement from her previous albums, but i'm not sure about this record. Despite features ready-for-number-one songs, others aren't like this. Listen to the whole album, you can hear the catchy bop "Roar" but at same time you can hear some "adult" ballads. Seems like she still don't know if stay in the beach with the ''California Gurls" or if she can already move on and turn into a complete mature artist. Maybe next time, Katy. Expand
  19. Oct 27, 2013
    Certainly no Teenage Dream...

Let's just get one thing straight Teenage Dream was quite something of an album. It actually told this relatable story that, though at it's core had all the obvious makings of a successful pop album, was enjoyable for many audiences. Though Prism, Perry's latest outing, packs some interesting material, it does not live up to it's predecessor in any way.
    Certainly no Teenage Dream...

From a sound standpoint, this is somewhat of an odd one. There are songs on here that are instant reminders of how the last album sounded, and how this one is nothing compared to it. But there are sounds within tracks here which feel so forced in order to keep up with the dynamic shift that the modern pop charts have undergone in the last twelve months. Sounds that sound like they were pulled right out of Daft Punks amazing Random Access Memories, and for some reason, vocals that could have been pulled straight off a Ke$ha album (God knows why though).

It's not like this album is bad, I'm sure it will find a broad audience to listeners of ones local pop stations and other venues, it just lacks the charm that Teenage Dream had, and carries more of a subdued, generic feel to it.
  20. Nov 7, 2013
    Esperava mais da Katy Perry! O Álbum não condiz aos seus countdowns! WOTA e DH são músicas ótimas e mostrou a versatilidade da cantora. Roar uma música sem muita pretensão e que teve um belo desemprenho. Fora isso o álbum está bem monotóno!
  21. Oct 28, 2013
    Katy Perry sheds her cotton candy scented look for for her fourth album "PRISM" (caps lock inspired by Lady Gaga). One may think she'd make a completely dark album given her divorce, but PRISM mainly focuses on the new man in her life and only offers a few 'darker' songs. I'd single out "Legendary Lovers" as the highlight of the album donning a subtle Easter inspiration, the song followsKaty Perry sheds her cotton candy scented look for for her fourth album "PRISM" (caps lock inspired by Lady Gaga). One may think she'd make a completely dark album given her divorce, but PRISM mainly focuses on the new man in her life and only offers a few 'darker' songs. I'd single out "Legendary Lovers" as the highlight of the album donning a subtle Easter inspiration, the song follows our tigress having sex or whatnot in the middle of a jungle. On the other hand, "This Is How We Do" and "International Smile" are god awful fillers. Overall, PRISM sounds fresh, strong and things-will-get-better-in-the-end Expand
  22. Nov 6, 2013
    A step down from teenage dream and One of the Boys... a few stand out tracks such as legendary lovers, dark horse, roar, unconditionally, international smile, and double rainbow. Besides those tracks it is all filler.
  23. Nov 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Personally, out of 16 songs, I only enjoyed three. Katy is smart. I expected so much for this album. But to my disappointment, this one only contains filler and boring songs. It's just Teenage Dream One of the boys put together with a new title and some catchy songs to cover up gaps. I can sense this would flop. Expand
  24. Nov 14, 2013
    My personal, biggest disappointment this year, so far. I was expecting something huge with this album, she used to say the album would be something more mature and "Dark" so I was expecting complex lyrics with great production but instead we got basic lyrics and basic production. She plays "Safe" with her music, I don't see taking any risks in this album (maybe only a couple of tracks)My personal, biggest disappointment this year, so far. I was expecting something huge with this album, she used to say the album would be something more mature and "Dark" so I was expecting complex lyrics with great production but instead we got basic lyrics and basic production. She plays "Safe" with her music, I don't see taking any risks in this album (maybe only a couple of tracks) Some songs sound like a rejected part from "Teenage Dream". It has some good tracks, but maybe it's too long and only those few songs barely make you wake up. Expand
  25. Oct 29, 2013
    Katy always worked, without ashamed to show it's a Pop Star, 'Teenage Dream' is quite exciting, when you want to hear a good Pop, who does not think about him? On his new album, 'Prism', Perry seems to have the need to prove that we can present something different, when all we want is more Katy Perry, of course, that renew every job is always good, the error in 'Prism' is that it does not work.
  26. Oct 22, 2013
    Prism has the charts and the commerce in mind and that's about it. Although that's never necessarily been a cons for any anticipated pop album, it's disappointing in the charming and vocally gifted Katy Perry's case. In a year where pop musicians have been pushing the envelope with chart-topping singles such as Lorde's minimal "Royals" and even Robin Thicke's retro-esque "Blurred Lines",Prism has the charts and the commerce in mind and that's about it. Although that's never necessarily been a cons for any anticipated pop album, it's disappointing in the charming and vocally gifted Katy Perry's case. In a year where pop musicians have been pushing the envelope with chart-topping singles such as Lorde's minimal "Royals" and even Robin Thicke's retro-esque "Blurred Lines", Prism sinks into the cracks of a groundbreaking list of more intriguing pop albums and comes off as nothing more than mediocre. The Asian-influenced "Legendary Lovers" and the unarguably catchy pop ballad "Unconditionally" are sure to top the pop charts and certainly contribute to Perry's status as one of current mainstream music's leading ladies, but the rest of the album ends up sounding too 'wishy-washy', overwhelmingly similar, and forgettable. Perry's identity crisis is on complete display and despite giving it her all, she shows no vulnerability nor charisma she displays in her public persona. "Roar" may earn Perry a Grammy nomination or two, but this album will be about as forgettable as her debut Christian entry back in 2002. For Katycats (Perry's nicknamed fans), the album should be a smash-hit. For anyone expecting a Lady Gaga-esque growth in terms of musical content, expect disappointment. Expand
  27. Nov 6, 2013
    There isn't a doubt that Katy produces hits But she lacks artistic integrity This album supposedly is about transitioning into a different style for Katy but the result eventually is sonically predictable
  28. Nov 11, 2013
    Some REALLY good songs. But same old tired sound. With all the wig burning promotion I was expecting a little something different. By The Grace of God and Unconditionally stand out.
  29. Jan 3, 2014
    Not impressed at all. Crude work. This album had to be different but it sounds recycled and boring. There are few songs that are worth to be heard. Katy needed to cook this album and give it more life if its idea is based on "light". Most recommended song is "Roar".
  30. Sep 8, 2014
    PRISM é o album mais mediano de Katy Perry, A primeira metade é a melhor, todas as faixas são boas. Porém, depois da faixa 9, as faixas começam a decair e ficar cansativas, nem dá vontade de ouvir completo.
  31. Dec 22, 2013
    I get what Katy was going for. She was going for that spiritual refreshing breeze of sound. She most certainly did it. But, like all Katy albums. There are too many song attached to this album that just aren't supposed to be there (Birthday, This Is How We Do, International Smile). These are good songs, but they provide nothing more than a catchy beat. There a really good songs thatI get what Katy was going for. She was going for that spiritual refreshing breeze of sound. She most certainly did it. But, like all Katy albums. There are too many song attached to this album that just aren't supposed to be there (Birthday, This Is How We Do, International Smile). These are good songs, but they provide nothing more than a catchy beat. There a really good songs that provide the goal of the album (Legendary Lovers, Love Me, Unconditionally).

Best songs-
    Legendary Lovers
    Love Me
    Dark Horse

Worst song(s)-
    This Is How We Do
  32. Nov 18, 2013
    This album tries to be mature and to sound interesting, but it fails at it.
    There are a few good songs like Dark Horse, Unconditionally and walking on air.
  33. Jul 29, 2014
    What's good in the album gets overshadowed by mediocre and superficial tracks that were only created to satisfy bodies and ears for just a couple of minutes without letting any single hope of teaching or message. In other words, here we've got a lot to dance with, but few (or nothing) to think about or through. Unsubstantial.
  34. Jan 14, 2015
    In general terms , it is a pop album, with tracks very well polished . The album does not give me a new concept, they are exactly the same letters and sounds we've been hearing from "Teenage Dream" . Although it should be noted that there are some outstanding tracks like " Roar" , "Dark Horse" , "Birthday " and " Unconditionally " . He is a passable album if we consider that Katy PerryIn general terms , it is a pop album, with tracks very well polished . The album does not give me a new concept, they are exactly the same letters and sounds we've been hearing from "Teenage Dream" . Although it should be noted that there are some outstanding tracks like " Roar" , "Dark Horse" , "Birthday " and " Unconditionally " . He is a passable album if we consider that Katy Perry wanted to mature too quickly from an album to another. With albums like this we realize that Katy Perry never managed to be the star Pop memorable, she so wants to be because you never reinvents itself , almost always does the same. Expand
  35. Jan 28, 2015
    She hasn't found herself, she really tried this time but failed because is some experiment, the evolution of her last release, Teenage Dream. This time Katy faced the mainstream project including (or trying) dark expressions of her last failed relationship with Russell Brand. The first half of the album hit us with a collection of Pop-Rock songs ft. the first singles showing the highlightsShe hasn't found herself, she really tried this time but failed because is some experiment, the evolution of her last release, Teenage Dream. This time Katy faced the mainstream project including (or trying) dark expressions of her last failed relationship with Russell Brand. The first half of the album hit us with a collection of Pop-Rock songs ft. the first singles showing the highlights -Dark Horse, Unconditionally and Legendary Lovers- the second half shock me because it doesn't feel right it doens't fit. It isn't completely Pop an it isn't completely Ballads she's confused and this time and recorded such bad tracks this time. But saved her record with other highlights -It Takes Two, Ghost and By The Grace Of God- when she talks difficult times of life including suicide and spiritual things. Expand
  36. Jun 10, 2015
    ............................................After the generic pop 'Teenage Dream', Katy Perry goes worst on 'Prism', a stupid-Dr.Luke-messed-up album.
  37. Nov 11, 2013
    This is a fun album that should do fairly well on the charts (if that's what is important these days..) but I can't help but feel it's a bit of an empty sterile shell. I can't really connect to this.
  38. Nov 12, 2013
    "PRISM" by Katy Perry is a good album, but only. it sounds better than her others albums, but it feels like "artificial". it seems like she wants impressione the critics but it didn't convence me. this album has some of her best carrer song and the worst too. PRISM is good but don't have much to say
  39. Nov 26, 2013
    Although I was hoping for a more darker album. She seems to not want to let go of that bubble gum pop sound that made teenage dream a huge hit. Aside from a few notable songs the rest of the album just doesn't live up to the hype.
  40. Dec 4, 2013
    Katy Perry promises a mature album and comes with that sh*t, here's a Teenage Dream 2.0, repeating the same formula for success, PRISM sounds like a childish and boring album. ''Dark Horse'' shows an interesting song that finally shows something different, other featured is ''Walking on Air'', a dance track tasteful, Katy tries to pass seriousness in songs like ''By The Grace of God'', itKaty Perry promises a mature album and comes with that sh*t, here's a Teenage Dream 2.0, repeating the same formula for success, PRISM sounds like a childish and boring album. ''Dark Horse'' shows an interesting song that finally shows something different, other featured is ''Walking on Air'', a dance track tasteful, Katy tries to pass seriousness in songs like ''By The Grace of God'', it is a pity that it does not get this done, but the fact is that this album is a ''samba'' in ARTPOP by Lady Gaga. Expand
  41. Dec 14, 2013
    Commercially, this is a very successful album. The songs will do very well on the radio because of their catchy tune and positive lyrics. The songs seem to be made for the sole reason of radio play, though.
  42. Jan 5, 2014
    for me, prism is like a "teenage dream 2" i don't see any change in the music, she's not evolving as an artist and that's not good, yes maybe she's having success now but if she doesn't change, she'll not be remembered and her music will be forgotten, but i have to say there's some good and catchy songs: International smile, dark horse, birthday
  43. Mar 30, 2014
    not a bad album, much more coherente than her previous albums. the second half of prism is just so similar, i could not separate songs and truly pay attention to the lyrics because it felt like a big 20 minute song that was just tiring to hear, but still there are some crazy good songs like "dark horse" "birthday" "legendary lovers" which will probably be hits and be singles in the nextnot a bad album, much more coherente than her previous albums. the second half of prism is just so similar, i could not separate songs and truly pay attention to the lyrics because it felt like a big 20 minute song that was just tiring to hear, but still there are some crazy good songs like "dark horse" "birthday" "legendary lovers" which will probably be hits and be singles in the next two year promoting of the album Expand
  44. May 21, 2014
    Honestly a very catchy top 40 record. Now it's not amazing at all, but it's good for what it is. Most of the singles are guilty pleasures, but the rest of the LP falls flat.
  45. Jul 24, 2014
    I liked Prism, but there's something missing. I thought it would be something dark, as was shown in the teasers, Katy said only Roar would be like Teenage Dream era, but Prism is kinda Teenage Dream 2.0 but bad. I expected more.
  46. Sep 17, 2014
    I was expecting so much more of this album, and I shouldn't had expected too much because it's good but it's just this, you know? The tracklist should be better organized, maybe this is the reason that the second part of the album so boring and I wanted to skip every single song.
  47. Oct 19, 2014
    Katy Perry didn't surprise me in this album. What's the meaning of the album? Give me some personality, Give me some sick beats (like "This is how we do"), Give me some great vocals in the love songs (Like "Love Me") and differents vocals from track to track. Less lyrics like "Birthday" or "Roar" and more like "Dark Horse" (for the radio) and "Walking on Air", Less "Just hits for theKaty Perry didn't surprise me in this album. What's the meaning of the album? Give me some personality, Give me some sick beats (like "This is how we do"), Give me some great vocals in the love songs (Like "Love Me") and differents vocals from track to track. Less lyrics like "Birthday" or "Roar" and more like "Dark Horse" (for the radio) and "Walking on Air", Less "Just hits for the radio" and more "I wanna be a true Artist". Be more free Katy and you'll be FLAWLESS. My Favorites:

1 - Dark Horse
    2 - Unconditionally
    3 - This Is How We Do
    4 - Love Me
    5 - Walking on air
    6 - Legendary Lovers
  48. GlM
    Sep 24, 2014
    An underwhelming follow-up to her previous album 'Teenage Dream', 'PRISM' simply revisits many elements from her past works. Although promised for a darker change in musical and artistic style, Katy Perry instead plays it safe and sticks to the same mediocre music made for the charts; made to sell. Perry sticks to the same formula, yet this time executes it poorly.
  49. Sep 30, 2014
    Incredibly mature, but forcing maturity out was difficult for Perry, for the entire started pumped up and high but it ended terribly boring like a calculus class.
  50. Dec 27, 2014
    This album have good songs, but most of them look like the same! I like Katy Perry but and I really think she did a great job with this album but she need to do different things and get out of her comfort zone.
  51. Aug 28, 2015
    It's a cute record. The best album of Katy Perry so far, and it isn't pretty good, though. Well, there are some pretty good songs like Birthday, Legendary Lovers, Walking On Air, Unconditionally and Ghost, but there are also many bad songs like Love Me, Dark Horse, International Smile, By The Grace Of God and Double Rainbow. It just isn't enough, but Katy Perry is getting better, she singsIt's a cute record. The best album of Katy Perry so far, and it isn't pretty good, though. Well, there are some pretty good songs like Birthday, Legendary Lovers, Walking On Air, Unconditionally and Ghost, but there are also many bad songs like Love Me, Dark Horse, International Smile, By The Grace Of God and Double Rainbow. It just isn't enough, but Katy Perry is getting better, she sings better than before in One Of The Boys and this album is a masterpiece compared with the previous, Teenage Dream. Expand
  52. Oct 3, 2015
    ROAR- 7/10

LEGENDARY LOVERS- 8,5/10 BIRTHDAY- 2,4/10 WALKING ON AIR- 7,5/10 UNCONDITIONALLY- 8/10 DARK HORSE- 7,4/10 THIS IS HOW WE DO- 4/10 INTERNATIONAL SMILE-6/10 GHOST- 8,6/10 LOVE ME-7/10 THIS MOMENT- 7/10 DOUBLE RAINBOW-7/10 BY THE GRACE OF GOD- 10/10 This is a good album, but Katy could've choosen her singles better. Birthday and TIHWD are
    ROAR- 7/10

LOVE ME-7/10

THIS MOMENT- 7/10

DOUBLE RAINBOW-7/10

BY THE GRACE OF GOD- 10/10

This is a good album, but Katy could've choosen her singles better. Birthday and TIHWD are terrible options for singles. Instead of TIHWD, Legendary Lovers could've ended the Prism era, and Birthday could've been a promotional single instead of Walking on Air.

It's a commercial album, the singles were made on intention of getting good charts, but it's way better than Teenage Dream or One of the boys. Katy should re-release this album.
  53. Sep 8, 2015
    Legendary Lovers and Birthday are my favourites. I only enjoyed the first 8 songs on this album, the rest all sound like filler songs except for Ghost and By the Grace of God
  54. Jan 30, 2016
    5 points off because the album feels like it should spawn hits, and that is not artistic development.

You will dance to it and enjoy some non-dull tracks, but overall it's just another pop release. No surprises, innovations, or risks here.

Everything that is missing from [Lady Gaga's Artpop] is here, but everything that is good about it is spectacularly absent from Prism.
  2. Q Magazine
    Nov 22, 2013
    Prism feels transitional, the work of an artist clever enough to be restless, yet unable to split from a winning formula. [Dec 2013, p.110]
  3. Nov 14, 2013
    It doesn’t require the patience or emotional/intellectual involvement that albums I typically listen to require. The cool thing, though, is that it does have quite a bit of redeeming value.