Prism

• Release Date: Oct 22, 2013
5.8

Review this album

1. Oct 22, 2013
    The musical evolution of Katy's from the songs 9 16, she really let the light in, not so cormecial as "Teenage Dream" and not as organic as "One of The Boys", she finally found herself artistically.
  2. Oct 22, 2013
    much ballad, very cheerful music
    songs of self control and music to make it clear that you send.
    Congratulations katy.
    music highlights
    It Takes Two, and Love Me Roar course
  3. Oct 22, 2013
    Amazing!! Prism is so fresh. Katy is so fresh. Best pop singer ever!! This record is so lovely, Katy find herself e looks like she's pretty comfortable. LET THE LIGHT IN!
  4. Sep 1, 2015
    I love artists who share whats inside and express it externally, Katy Perry is someone to aspire to, it's the most uplifting and inspiring music and always the best choice when flipping through the radio.
  5. Jun 5, 2015
    Não há progresso em relação aos Álbuns anteriores, é comercial, feito pra vender.

as músicas boas são Spitual, Ghost, By The Grace of God, Choose Your Battles e It Takes Two, espero que ela traga musicas suaves assim pra próxima era ou seja Dark.

This Is How We Do ? Descarte do Teenage Dream, esqueceram de colocar e botaram nesse
  6. Mar 11, 2015
    Prism functions more as a collection of songs than as a cohesive album, which turns out to be somewhat satisfying and irritating at the same time. As a whole it's pretty disjointed, but that's not to say there aren't some fantastic songs on this album. The standout tracks in my opinion are Roar, Legendary Lovers, Walking on Air, This Is How We Do, International Smile, By The Grace of God,Prism functions more as a collection of songs than as a cohesive album, which turns out to be somewhat satisfying and irritating at the same time. As a whole it's pretty disjointed, but that's not to say there aren't some fantastic songs on this album. The standout tracks in my opinion are Roar, Legendary Lovers, Walking on Air, This Is How We Do, International Smile, By The Grace of God, Spiritual, and Choose Your Battles. Most of the other songs are pretty good too, and some are just duds, namely Unconditionally, Love Me, and This Moment.

Prism definitely isn't the masterpiece that was Teenage Dream, but it still features a nice collection of diverse, catchy, and memorable pop songs that is more or less a continuation of her winning formula from her last album.
  7. Sep 7, 2015
    In my opinion, this is Katy Perry's strongest body of work. Her lyrics are better than her previous albums and finally we get to see the vaunerable side of her instead of the constantly poppy and up beat Katy that we know.
  8. Sep 7, 2015
    In Prism are included some iconic songs,meaningful songs and other boring songs...I think that Katy should work to make more interesting songs and not focus only on 4 or 5 songs of one album!!!
    P.S. I love Roar Darkhorse and Unconditionally
  9. Sep 9, 2015
    Its okay!
    Legendary Lovers steals the spotlight for me, I feel like there were a lot of filler songs, no song is really bad though. Roar is the one I don't really don't like
  10. Sep 13, 2015
    I used to listen to her 1 year ago and now I did back and PRISM is still a good album, the last tracks are the best, but the singles are the worst. Ballades like 'Ghost' 'Love Me' 'Double Rainbow' are the best.
  11. Oct 30, 2015
    After Teenage Dream, its look bad but also, there is unforgettable songs like Legendary Lovers, Walking On Air and By The Grace Of God. Silly to these songs didn't choose for be a single but still it is a beautiful album.
  12. IGa
    Jan 30, 2016
    Even that rather predictable, it is surprising to see an artist choose this pop style in the midst of so many successful concept albums. Katy Perry showed again that does not like to surrender to the fad and eventually creating one albums which, though it may be a fairly predictable nature and not much difference from its predecessor, deserves its share of praise. "Prism" has great lyricsEven that rather predictable, it is surprising to see an artist choose this pop style in the midst of so many successful concept albums. Katy Perry showed again that does not like to surrender to the fad and eventually creating one albums which, though it may be a fairly predictable nature and not much difference from its predecessor, deserves its share of praise. "Prism" has great lyrics and vibrant beats, but the excitement of trying something new is far away from here. "Prism" sounds more like a "Teenage Dream 2", but it works very well to show again the fun pop vein of Katy Perry. Expand
  13. Nov 22, 2013
    Prism is certainly one of the best cds of the year. Shows a maturing due to the katy, and features songs with more quality. The only track that recalls the teenage dream is "Roar", but "Prism" is nonetheless one of the most mature cds katy already done. The best tracks are "Legendary Lovers," "This Moment" and "By the grace of god".
  14. Feb 4, 2015
    That sounds so good! Katy sounds more mature, with incredible lyrics and beats! The Katy Perry musical's evolution scared me, not to candy and comemrcial but not so scared like One Of the Boys, Katy found her way! I love Legendary Lovers and this album desurve a 10.
  15. Mar 4, 2015
    Less trashy than the sugary (diabetic) Teenage Dream, but somewhat discontinuous. It's quite enjoyable as a pop album, but it still gets annoying due to Perry's often awful voice, especially in Birthday, the worst song on Prism. Deluxe tracks are inconsistent and forgettable, while some tracks like 'Double Rainbow' and 'Ghost' are kinda underrated and misunderstood. Legendary Lovers is aLess trashy than the sugary (diabetic) Teenage Dream, but somewhat discontinuous. It's quite enjoyable as a pop album, but it still gets annoying due to Perry's often awful voice, especially in Birthday, the worst song on Prism. Deluxe tracks are inconsistent and forgettable, while some tracks like 'Double Rainbow' and 'Ghost' are kinda underrated and misunderstood. Legendary Lovers is a successful experiment bringing oriental atmosphere in a occidental music, which barely manages to adapt itself with an "international smile".

The most surprising thing is that here sex isn't a lyrical object, unlike Bangerz, ARTPOP, and above all, unlike Teenage Dream.

It's very good as a pop album, but it's still too much impregnated with false forced feelings of happiness and hope.
  16. Oct 22, 2013
    This is a very good sequel to Teenage Dream. Katy experiments on new genres on this album and I truly admire the diversity that she offers on her new opus. Bravo Katy and I'm excited for your future work!
  17. Dec 16, 2013
    Amazing !

This Album is just awesome
    much ballad, very cheerful music
    songs of self control and music to make it clear that you send.
    Congratulations katy.
    music highlights
  18. Dec 31, 2013
    PRISM is a pure pop. Good easy-to-listen songs with nice lyrics. Maybe there is less number of potential hits than in Teenage Dream, I see a progress in her artistic work. The best songs for me are: Birthday (so catchy!), Walking On Air (Sounds like in 90s! Yay!), Dark Horse (I haven't expected such song from Katy) and By the Grace of God.
  19. Jul 24, 2014
    It is quite good for a pop album. Katy's voice isn't really that good and can't hit any correct notes nor can it hit the highest tones (or lowest). But instead she uses this to her advantage by making her album one of the most human and most affecting pop albums of this decade. But the problem, this "human" feel is gone with tracks like "Birthday" and "International Smile". Tracks likeIt is quite good for a pop album. Katy's voice isn't really that good and can't hit any correct notes nor can it hit the highest tones (or lowest). But instead she uses this to her advantage by making her album one of the most human and most affecting pop albums of this decade. But the problem, this "human" feel is gone with tracks like "Birthday" and "International Smile". Tracks like those seem to fish for likes and fish for sell which is expected from a pop star. Besides from that, when the album reaches its metamorphosis into a beautiful butterfly, Katy reflects upon her struggles and her contemplating about life and suicide and love and death. Her songwriting is no longer laughable and the production is simply immaculate. "Ghost", "Love Me", "Double Rainbow" and "By the Grace of God" are a set of songs that set apart Katy from One Direction and Miley Cyrus. She might not be talented in singing, or songwriting, or dancing, but she has a talent to entertain. She entertains me in a melancholic way that she even makes me cry. Sadly, "Walking on Air" and "Dark Horse: prevent me from giving this album a glowing review. Definitely go buy this album. Expand
  20. Jun 13, 2014
    This album is perfect. MUCH BETTER THAN TRASHPOP BY LADY CRAPGA. Katy is a real artist that knows what we want to hear. I'm so glad that she made this perfect album!
  21. May 30, 2015
    this is the best perry album without a shadow of doubt, I found a smart move to split the album into 2 parts, commercial and emotional, unlike the other two, ONE OF THE BOYS is a confusing and horrible mixture of 2, the TEENAGE DREAM is entirely commercial, anyone who understands music can see that this is your best
  22. Mar 23, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This album is pure adrenaline, is fantastic; Katy did an excellent job with his 4 Studio album, this is one of the album's few that have captivated me Expand
  23. Aug 11, 2015
    This album is awesome, the best disco pop in milenium, the musics are very happy, make me dance, the mellody are sweet, Katy Perry sold this album a lot things, Katy perry is the best artist ever
  24. Aug 17, 2015
    Katy Perry gives us an album more mature album. The lyrics are the appropriate for a 30 years old artist like her. She made of this album something more personal. Different from "One of the Boys" and "Teenage Dream", we can find new kind os sounds in "PRISM" and see the evolution of Katy as artist, I recommend this album. There's still a long way for her to follow but she's going in a theKaty Perry gives us an album more mature album. The lyrics are the appropriate for a 30 years old artist like her. She made of this album something more personal. Different from "One of the Boys" and "Teenage Dream", we can find new kind os sounds in "PRISM" and see the evolution of Katy as artist, I recommend this album. There's still a long way for her to follow but she's going in a the right one. My favorite songs are 'Legendary Lovers', 'Walking on Air', 'Unconditionally', 'Double Rainbow' and 'It Takes Two'. Expand
  25. Jan 23, 2015
    Perfeição, apenas. A Katy Perry sempre faz um ótimo trabalho em seus álbuns. Porém, não tem como agradar todo mundo não é?! O álbum é ótimo, e quem sabe aproveitar a musica, sabe do que estou falando.
  26. Jan 25, 2015
    Katy Perry has come a long way. This is almost the raw emotion and fun of her life since her last album. Every song is either really personal or just fun. Her aim was just to do what she wanted to do and not win awards and be #1.
  27. Oct 22, 2013
    Katy has never promised that her new album is going to be a "dark album". Haters please shut your mouth and go read that interview. This is an amazing album. Unlike Teenage Dreams, songs in the album are not very catchy at the first time, but the more you listen, the more you love. For example, Ghost, Unconditionally, Love Me.
  28. Oct 23, 2013
    This is Katy Perry: fun, unpretentious and vulnerable. She's here to stay and that's definitely what PRISM conveys. A pop artist who has heart and is no longer hungry for attention-seeking antics which was so 2008. She has a lot to say and her fans will be glad that her message is catapulted to them in 16 new hooks that are sure to make you bop like crazy (Walking On Air, Dark Horse,This is Katy Perry: fun, unpretentious and vulnerable. She's here to stay and that's definitely what PRISM conveys. A pop artist who has heart and is no longer hungry for attention-seeking antics which was so 2008. She has a lot to say and her fans will be glad that her message is catapulted to them in 16 new hooks that are sure to make you bop like crazy (Walking On Air, Dark Horse, Birthday, International Smile, This Is How We Do) or allow you to reflect on oneself as you hear Katy's highs and lows. She's basically doing all the work for her listeners. She's gone through heartaches (Ghost, Choose Your Battles) and wants her fans going through the same to pick there selves up and become stronger (By The Grace Of God, Roar, This Moment), learn from one's mistakes and faults (It Takes Two, Love Me) and invest in life as a better person for oneself and for others, wholeheartedly (Unconditionally, Spiritual, Double Rainbow). Katy Perry, keep 'em coming. We're interested. Your fans are here to stay.
    Favorites from the album: Ghost, Love Me, By The Grace of God, Double Rainbow, It Takes Two, Roar
  29. Oct 22, 2013
    The PRISM so light and airy and at the same time, is as distinct and complete. I really enjoyed what I heard and I recommend everyone to buy and listen to this wonderful album. PRISM in my opinion does not deserve negative scores.
  30. Oct 22, 2013
    This album is not a masterpiece, but it shows how much Katy matured during those 3 years. It's not as commercial as Teenage Dream, but it has some hits like Legendary Lovers, Dark Horse and Unconditionally. This last song is a strong ballad that may burst eventually, I really see it as a great song; highlight verses: "Acceptance is the key to be truly free" and "I'll take your bad daysThis album is not a masterpiece, but it shows how much Katy matured during those 3 years. It's not as commercial as Teenage Dream, but it has some hits like Legendary Lovers, Dark Horse and Unconditionally. This last song is a strong ballad that may burst eventually, I really see it as a great song; highlight verses: "Acceptance is the key to be truly free" and "I'll take your bad days with your good". Teenage Dream was so "made for party hard", but this album has both sides. The first part (1-8) shows the "fun" moment of the album, while the second (9-16) shows the strong lyrics and productions, really relevant songs. Special attention to the bonus tracks; these three tracks are her best songs ever: It Takes Two, Spiritual (I feel a piece of Alanis Morissette listening to it) and Choose Your Battles (this and By The Grace Of God both were co-produced by her). No need too much to realize that she took a step forward in her career, she just needs to focus more in her music, not only the charts. Expand
  31. Oct 22, 2013
    PRISM is an incredible album. At first listen doesn't sounds like the usual Katy Perry. Roar is the only one song which could be in Teenage Dream. Prism is not a 100% album, but is easy to see that Katy grew up musically. She has a long way ahead and Prism shows us that Katy is in the right way. The best songs from Prism is "Ghost", "Spiritual" and "By The Grace of God", but these songsPRISM is an incredible album. At first listen doesn't sounds like the usual Katy Perry. Roar is the only one song which could be in Teenage Dream. Prism is not a 100% album, but is easy to see that Katy grew up musically. She has a long way ahead and Prism shows us that Katy is in the right way. The best songs from Prism is "Ghost", "Spiritual" and "By The Grace of God", but these songs doesn't works on the radio. The songs for the radio are "Legendary Lovers", "It Takes Two", "Dark Horse" (which should be the 3rd single) and "Walking on Air". My Rate is 10 because Katy gave her best in this album and she did very well. Expand
  32. Oct 22, 2013
    The sixteen-track set shows a more mature side of Perry, alongside a consistent and well done production. The problem with it, is that, ultimately, its lyrics are banal and cliched. The singer deserves respect for coming up with Prism, a record that's plenty of positivism and love. Standouts include "Legendary Lovers", "Spiritual" and "Choose Your Battles".
  33. Oct 22, 2013
    Even though the album is not very emotional as it was supposed to be, Katy Perry already said her goodbyes to her bubblegum imagine as she proves that Prism is no 'Teenage Dream 2.0' and shows that her songwriting has been matured since the Teenage Dream era.

Highlight tracks: Legendary Lovers, Walking on Air, Unconditionally, Dark Horse, This is How We Do and By the Grace of God.

Potential singles after the album's release: Birthday, Dark Horse and This is How We Do.

(Note that I am a Katycat by the way)
  34. Oct 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Prism is the album of 2013 and I encourage everyone to get this album ASAP! Katy Perry really showcases her songwriting ability and matches, if not tops, the chart behemoth that was Teenage Dream on her third studio album. Prism gives us a glimpse at every single side of Perry and doesn't hold back. Tracks like 'This Is How We Do', 'International Smile' and 'Walking on Air' echo the playful, euphoric atmosphere that was set on TD, whereas she experiments with different styles and sounds on tracks like 'Dark Horse ft. Juicy J'. 'By The Grace Of God' is definitely the most emotional song on the whole album. It talks about how Perry felt after her divorce and her vocals are top-notch; it's my personal favourite! 'Unconditionally', 'Spiritual', 'This Moment' and 'Birthday' are all very love-focused (all thanks to Mr John Mayer!) however 'Birthday' is slightly more tongue in cheek than the rest. 'It Takes Two', a song specifically on the deluxe album, is a fantastic self-reflective song about taking responsibility in a relationship. Alongside 'By The Grace Of God', 'Ghost' directly talks about Russell Brand and their divorce, and it's a very ethereal sounding track. 'Love Me' is a song about loving yourself how you would want your partner to love you. Perry talks about 'not negotiating with insecurities' and it definitely shows how self-reflective she has been writing Prism.
    'Roar' is obviously a pop-masterpiece and one of the highlights of the album! My favourite tracks are International Smile, This Is How We Do, Walking On Air, This Moment, It Takes Two, Unconditionally and By The Grace of God; congratulations Katy Perry on making an absolutely fantastic album!!
  35. Oct 23, 2013
    This is a great opus from Ms. Perry. The diversity of sound that ranges from EDM to HipHop to Ballads is genius. Her vocals is notably more mature than her previous records. The anthemic and self-reflective lyrics are relatable. Music is basically made to touch lives and Katy Perry delivered it well to her audience with out confusing the general public. Not a perfect album but it's almost there.
  36. Oct 23, 2013
    When Katy announced 'Back to twerk, all the KatyCats were like ''Ahhhh, ahhhh, ahhh''
    It was in March, in July, was announced PRISM like the 3rd album, all we were shouting and emotioning. 12/08 Roar, went on sale, the 19/08 went too ''Dark Horse'' and 30/09 went ''Walking on air'' we all thought that her album would be like a ''Teenage Dream 2.0'', arrived the 18/10 and we all had the opportunity of listen and understand than this album is the complete connection that feelings and inner emotions in each of us,this is the album that have ALL the colors, from a Roar and finalize with a Choose your battles baby!!
    PERFECT ALBUM!
  37. Oct 24, 2013
    I'm actually in love with this album, it sounds different than Teenage Dream and even more mature! It's absolutely fun. "This Is How We Do" and "International Smile" reminds me Teenage Dream a little bit, but the rest of the album has a different "light". Thank God Prism isn't a dark album, I really can't imagine a "dark" Katy Perry, except for "By The Grace Of God", that is a sad andI'm actually in love with this album, it sounds different than Teenage Dream and even more mature! It's absolutely fun. "This Is How We Do" and "International Smile" reminds me Teenage Dream a little bit, but the rest of the album has a different "light". Thank God Prism isn't a dark album, I really can't imagine a "dark" Katy Perry, except for "By The Grace Of God", that is a sad and beautiful song. My favorite track on the album is "Spiritual", that makes part of the deluxe edition. Her vocals are so much better at this album, especially "It Takes Two" (another bonus track). I love the fact that is a complete "mix" album, "Double Rainbow" sounds different than "Roar", that sounds different than "Choose Your Battles" that sounds different than "Walking On Air" and "Dark Horse", schizophrenic, like she said! I love it. Expand
  38. Oct 25, 2013
    Those expecting a Teenage Dream sequel will be disappointed. Instead of an album full of sugarplum-pop this album finally cements Perry's place at the top of the pop music industry. Finally fans and critics have a complete album with a variety of sounds that really shows off her voice and song-writing ability. The lyrics are better, the music is whole this album has a depth to it that IThose expecting a Teenage Dream sequel will be disappointed. Instead of an album full of sugarplum-pop this album finally cements Perry's place at the top of the pop music industry. Finally fans and critics have a complete album with a variety of sounds that really shows off her voice and song-writing ability. The lyrics are better, the music is whole this album has a depth to it that I felt was missing from 2010's Teenage Dream. Perry may not be able to fully repeat the success of that album (Prism focuses less on would-be smash singles, and instead offers respectable songs with great production value) but this new album will be remembered as a more balanced selection of songs, and allows critics to finally take Perry seriously.
    Album highlights: Roar, Love Me, Legendary Lovers, Unconditionally.
  39. Nov 11, 2013
    Really good album the balads are precious Choose Your Battles is so sad and This Moment as well

My Favorites: Walking on Air, Unconditionally,This Is How We Do, International Simle, This Moment and Choos Your Battles
  40. Nov 17, 2013
    Katy did it again, she is fresh, this record is amazing, she is honest and the most beautiful I've found in this album, is this sound of contemporary christian music, I think she finally found a balance between the mainstream and a great sound. Besides, her lyrics and her voice are the best.
  41. Nov 18, 2013
    The best album from Katy Perry. She's finally "can see herself" and did it. So now we can hear the reflection of these lights that was inside her, and now it's outside for us!
  42. Dec 3, 2013
    Rainha dos singles que destruiu a carreira da cadeirante! Álbum muito bom, melodias boas e animadas, sinceramente tem grande chance de ser um dos melhores álbuns do ano!
  43. Dec 11, 2013
    Once again katy perry had created a good records
    Even if the album wasn't at the price of 0.99 cent(born this way)
    It climbed to the heart of many without needing to please our wallets
  44. Mar 21, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Álbum incrível que me fez gostar mais ainda da Artistas Katy Perry,ao ouvir Ghost e By the Grace of God, sinto-me nas nuvens e após sentir a energia de Walking on air, realmente ando nelas. Expand
  45. Apr 15, 2015
    just amazing, the mix of songs are perfect, the lyrics is so beautiful, i'm so pround of you katy, you are the best actual pop singer, love you babe!!!
  46. Aug 19, 2015
    Katy con este nuevo material, demuestra que es una artista madura, demuestra una cara realmente distinta a sus anteriores trabajos, pero no dejando atrás su lado "juevnil" que la a caracterizado a lo largo de su carrera. Un Álbum con líricas distintas y maduras acompañado de sonidos frescos, cada canción con un rítmo único con el cuál te vas identificando. Este no es el término de Katy, esKaty con este nuevo material, demuestra que es una artista madura, demuestra una cara realmente distinta a sus anteriores trabajos, pero no dejando atrás su lado "juevnil" que la a caracterizado a lo largo de su carrera. Un Álbum con líricas distintas y maduras acompañado de sonidos frescos, cada canción con un rítmo único con el cuál te vas identificando. Este no es el término de Katy, es el Inicio de una nueva Etapa para esta Joven Cantante y Compositora. Expand
  47. Nov 11, 2013
    PRISM is Katy Perry going back to her roots as a choir singer, yet upon coming back also carries the lessons of the darkness of fame and celebrity. TEENAGE DREAM may be her catchiest and most hit-heavy album, but PRISM finds her maturing after waking up from this dream. It's a collection of songs sung by a woman who has faced a dark point (possibly Russell Brand?) yet now realizes herPRISM is Katy Perry going back to her roots as a choir singer, yet upon coming back also carries the lessons of the darkness of fame and celebrity. TEENAGE DREAM may be her catchiest and most hit-heavy album, but PRISM finds her maturing after waking up from this dream. It's a collection of songs sung by a woman who has faced a dark point (possibly Russell Brand?) yet now realizes her potential, albeit quietly yet soulfully. Expand
  48. Dec 30, 2013
    PRISM does bring out a lot of KATY's artistic colours out in the open... The album has a lot to offer and Katy plays it very well when it comes to giving it a 100%!! From ROAR to IT TAKES TWO, the album never gets boring for even a second... Dark Horse It takes Two and Unconditionally are a must listen for they capture you in a bubble which soothes you down!! PRISM is one of the bestPRISM does bring out a lot of KATY's artistic colours out in the open... The album has a lot to offer and Katy plays it very well when it comes to giving it a 100%!! From ROAR to IT TAKES TWO, the album never gets boring for even a second... Dark Horse It takes Two and Unconditionally are a must listen for they capture you in a bubble which soothes you down!! PRISM is one of the best efforts by KATY so far...... it is one of the best albums of 2013... Expand
  49. Oct 18, 2015
    some real emotions song , by the grace of god, and some commercial bubble pop , this is how we do.
    she should do more meaningful song instead bubble pop
  50. Nov 11, 2013
    MIXED REVIEWS????? WHAT THE This A really good album better than the awful ARTFLOp is unfair the 5.7 score ALL THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ARE FORM CAFANS
  51. Nov 27, 2013
    Loved Teenage Dream and love this cd too, although it is clearly a different feel I love "unconditionally" and "roar" and "it takes two" the best, although I genuinely like all of the tracks Katy, I think you are true brilliance and a true heartfelt artist, true to yourself sending you the love!
  52. Jan 8, 2014
    For the first time we hear a more mature beat coming from katy perry.
    PRISM actually shows more mature, and the first step to a career outside the field of comfort, if Katy administer it correctly, the charts being the least important.
  53. Nov 12, 2013
    This is a great album. She sounds more mature but still able to have fun. Katy found herself and goes great messages of resilience and love with this album. It is soft and pleasant to hear.
  54. Nov 18, 2013
    Recently, the have been a lot of "pop" albums that use so much synthesizer, they want to make music like DJ's. That isn't pop. Katy has made a splendid album, good lyrics about love, empowerment, self reflections... It's a very personal album without being pretentious .Nice and simple rhythms... That's genuine pop. Congratulations Katy, you're bringing back that pop we miss.
  55. Dec 1, 2013
    'Prism' is a frustrating album for diehard Perry fans. It's more great, radio friendly pop music from Katy that definitely uplifts and inspires... but it's frustratingly vague in the context of how she initially described the project "darker, edgier, moody". Following her high profile divorce, and the opening teaser trailer of Perry burning her 'Teenage Dream' at a funeral, it was to be'Prism' is a frustrating album for diehard Perry fans. It's more great, radio friendly pop music from Katy that definitely uplifts and inspires... but it's frustratingly vague in the context of how she initially described the project "darker, edgier, moody". Following her high profile divorce, and the opening teaser trailer of Perry burning her 'Teenage Dream' at a funeral, it was to be expected that there would be some darker content here, or at least an artistic direction she hadn't taken before. That direction is nowhere to be seen or heard though. 'ROAR', the billion times platinum #1 hit paved the way for 'Prism' on the Billboard charts.... and sadly the album is more of the lead single.... and less of the edgier artist. Tracks like 'International Smile', 'The is How we Do', 'Birthday', and 'Love Me' all sound like they could pull perfectly off of the 'Teenage Dream' era. They don't bring anything new to the table. That being said, they're all quite good.

All in all for me, 'Prism' is an enjoyable listen... but ultimately just another Katy Perry album. There's nothing groundbreaking to be psyched about.

'Double Rainbow', 'Walking on Air' and the introspective ballad 'By The Grace of God' are my highlights.
  56. Dec 2, 2013
    A lot of ballads in there making your mind flood with joy and calmness. Beautiful records in there. Roar, Ghost, Unconditionally, Choose Your Battles and some other songs and wonderful. The album: simple, easy listening and pleasant.
  57. Dec 2, 2013
    Katy had an idea that couldn't evolve and ended up in a forgettable studio album. But surely we can tell that she's got the ability to make some good songs as "dark horse" showed that dark side she promised some months ago. It's not a bad album and there's still some tunes worth listening to like "legendary lovers" this is how we do" and the sexy "birthday"
  58. Dec 6, 2013
    i think this album should be some dance pop ballad stuff, it have a lot of bass.

pro: Katy seems more mature, excellent voice and lyrics cons: too much ballads (almost 5 of 13 tracks) a little boring but with great lyrics personally i prefer it more than her others albums, her voice kind of bugged me then. it has a some kind of lots of artist influence in this album, for example,

pro: Katy seems more mature, excellent voice and lyrics

it has a some kind of lots of artist influence in this album, for example, i could think in Michael Jackson/Ke$ha at This is how we do.
    some kind of electro dance sounds in the whole album, (Calvin Harris kind one), and pretty much some chill out.

im never been a fan of KP, and i might never be, but it's a pretty well done album.

i might won't hear it again in some time, except for 3 songs.
    Roar (cheerful)
    This is how we do (pretty fun/ MJ. you rock my world style voice that i love)
    This moment (that powerful intro as an old Daft Punk song with some dance music, just beautiful)
  59. Jan 1, 2014
    10 upon 10 for this one. Too much beautiful and relatable songs. The songs may seem shallow to some but I know that her songs has achieved the best achievement ever, that is putting a smile on its listeners face. Its great that songs like Roar esp are enjoyed by young children and the amount of fun they have bouncing about and singing to it is the reason why this album really lives up to10 upon 10 for this one. Too much beautiful and relatable songs. The songs may seem shallow to some but I know that her songs has achieved the best achievement ever, that is putting a smile on its listeners face. Its great that songs like Roar esp are enjoyed by young children and the amount of fun they have bouncing about and singing to it is the reason why this album really lives up to its tagline and theme. Full of positivity and one album that will turn that frown of yours upside down. However beware of the 13th song for it is the most standout track among the others. Expand
  60. Mar 1, 2014
    While Prism has some great songs, and Perry's voice is beautiful, it feels like the ulterior motive behind this album was to produce a mainstream hit, and while, yes, every album does that, Prism feels like there's no emotional meaning BUT to make a hit.
  61. Apr 5, 2014
    I don't believe that Prism want the top of Billboard. Not just it. The musics Roar and This is How we do are some of boring musics. She needed to care about the musical bridges. It'd dinamize this album. But the rest, it's a awesome album.
  62. May 5, 2014
    PRISM does not reveal to be a revolutionary moment indeed, though it may bring the causal listener some good surprises. Songs like Roar and Dark Horse could perfectly fit in ''Teenage Dream", but there are times in PRISM we face Perry making an effort to release more mature stuff or more sophisticated pop music. If you want to give a try, don't skip Legendary Lovers, By the Grace of GodPRISM does not reveal to be a revolutionary moment indeed, though it may bring the causal listener some good surprises. Songs like Roar and Dark Horse could perfectly fit in ''Teenage Dream", but there are times in PRISM we face Perry making an effort to release more mature stuff or more sophisticated pop music. If you want to give a try, don't skip Legendary Lovers, By the Grace of God and Spiritual. Expand
  63. Jan 6, 2015
  64. Jul 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a Katy Perry's Fan. I loved the rock essence of One Of The Boys and the funny music of Teenage Dream, but when i bought Prism, i cried! I ultra-love it! It is a very beautiful album, who mix powerful hits in katy's style (Roar, Birthday, This is How we do, Walking on air...), new sound tracks (Dark Horse, Unconditionally, love me) and soulful ballads (It Takes Two, By the grace of god, double rainbow, spiritual). I am very surprised about katy's change, and for everyone who says this album sucks, go **** yourself! Yes, there are minus dance single for n.1 on billboard, but it is much various than her others album! Love you, katy! Expand
  65. Aug 10, 2014
    Album of the year 2013, just putting that out there for me. Prism is a amazing album that walks you through a journey with Perry as she goes from roaring from the jungles to walking on air. Below is a list of the tracks with a score out of 10:
    1. Roar, 10/10
    2. Legendary Lovers, 10/10 3. Birthday, 10/10 4. Walking On Air, 10/10 5. Unconditionally, 10/10 6. Dark Horse Feat. Juicy J,
    1. Roar, 10/10
    14. Spiritual, 9/10
    15. It Takes Two, 10/10
    16, Choose Your Battles, 10/10
  66. Dec 5, 2014
    I like almost all songs from this album, they are a mixture of styles, Roar sounds epic while (the video) of Birthday is incredibly funny, I laugh each time I replay it, basically all in this album is likeable.
  67. Sep 7, 2014
    Este álbum é muito bom. Ele é muito mais maduro que Teenage Dream, mas há músicas divertidas. De triste feliz, este álbum cai muito bem em todos os tipos de situações. O melhor da Katy,sem dúvidas.
  68. Sep 4, 2014
    a pop classic
    music highlights, cheerful songs
    a true masterpiece
    it takes two probably the best lyrically song on the album, by the grace of god one of the best songs ever written with such a deep meaning
  69. Sep 19, 2014
    Sem duvida, um dos melhores discos de 2013. Katy conseguiu criar um album nem tanto comercial, mas que trás mensagens magníficas. Devemos ouvir o PRISM com o coração, pela sua grandiozidade.
  70. Oct 17, 2015
    Prism is a amazing album. Katy shows how she can write simple and beautiful songs with personal messages. Prism mixture fun songs with ballads and songs of self control. Yes, Prism is her light
  71. Oct 7, 2014
    She's definitely matured as a writer (as seen on “Ghost” and “It Takes Two”) however she continues to include some sell out songs (which I never find terrible because it makes the album fun). There's no boundaries trying to be pushed, musically, vocally, lyrically, etc; she's not meant for that. But it's okay because Ms. Perry will continue writing what Ms. Perry wants. Another downfall isShe's definitely matured as a writer (as seen on “Ghost” and “It Takes Two”) however she continues to include some sell out songs (which I never find terrible because it makes the album fun). There's no boundaries trying to be pushed, musically, vocally, lyrically, etc; she's not meant for that. But it's okay because Ms. Perry will continue writing what Ms. Perry wants. Another downfall is you can tell there is no experience she is gaining within the music industry. It's very evident that she has pulled in Max Martin, Dr. Luke, [&] Bonnie McKee [the “Dream Team”], etc., back into the studio. I'd feel she'd grow substantially as an artist if she works with new songwriters/producers. Overall, the album is enjoyable & as long as Katy has her “dream team,” the world will be listening. Expand
  72. Oct 13, 2014
    Será que PRISM é uma bibliografia musical da Katy Perry? Parece que que ela criptografou sua vida no álbum. Eu só ganhei inspiração nesse álbum pois as músicas foram compatíveis a mim, eu consegui me imaginar cantando com letras diferentes, se assimilando um pouco com as letras originais. Agradeço a Katy por fazer um álbum que trouxe inspiração que em mim estava oculta, PRISM é mais praSerá que PRISM é uma bibliografia musical da Katy Perry? Parece que que ela criptografou sua vida no álbum. Eu só ganhei inspiração nesse álbum pois as músicas foram compatíveis a mim, eu consegui me imaginar cantando com letras diferentes, se assimilando um pouco com as letras originais. Agradeço a Katy por fazer um álbum que trouxe inspiração que em mim estava oculta, PRISM é mais pra pensar do que se divertir, é mais para imaginar do que refletir. Eu só consegui apreciar este álbum pois eu imagino bastante. Sem muita imaginação, o álbum seria apenas música para dormir, com exceção de ROAR, Dark Horse, o que pode muito bem serem apreciadas sem imaginar. Unconditionally pode te fazer pensar a respeito de romance (ou não), mas o que vem ao caso é que esse álbum parece ser feito apenas para quem pensa, para quem imagina e para os Katycats, que pelo amor que sentem pela Katy Perry (devido ao se compararem e pelas semelhanças) se tornam compatíveis ao álbum. Expand
  73. Nov 4, 2014
    Prism of Katy Perry it`sAmazing Pop Music Album, the most incredible artist in the worldThanks Katy for everting, songs like unconditionally, dark horse, walking on air, roar, this moment, by the grace of god, legendary lovers are Amazing, in the Bonus Track perfect song "It takes two" Katy you're the best artist of all time (y), Congratulations for the PrismaticWorlTour. So proud for you
  74. Dec 12, 2014
    Her best album, for sure it's not repetitive, we can see a more personal Katy, we can hear her voice, pop anthems and strong powerfull ballads and amazing lyrics, makes this album one of the bests albums of 2013.
  75. Dec 16, 2014
    One of The Boys is not a ordinary album.Is original,stronger and fun.One Of The Boys it's the perfect started.I Kissed a Girl it's the best song of the album.Waking Up In Vegas is good but not enough.Thinking Of U is the best ever ballad i hear.Mannequin it;s stronger and contagious.Ur So Gay is A Guilty Pleasure.You don't stop to listen the song cuz u sing:Ur so gay but you don't like theOne of The Boys is not a ordinary album.Is original,stronger and fun.One Of The Boys it's the perfect started.I Kissed a Girl it's the best song of the album.Waking Up In Vegas is good but not enough.Thinking Of U is the best ever ballad i hear.Mannequin it;s stronger and contagious.Ur So Gay is A Guilty Pleasure.You don't stop to listen the song cuz u sing:Ur so gay but you don't like the boys.Hot N Cold it's cool and fresh but not so original.A mix between I Kissed A Girl and Ur So Gay.If U Can Afford Me:One of the best song.Lost a perfect ballad but not good position in the track list.Self Inflicted:It's a normal song i can't remember nothing about the lyrics or instrumental after ten listen.I'm Still Breathing A Perfect Expand
  76. Aug 8, 2015
    A excellent album. An album that has both fun upbeat songs. But also truly inspiring songs. Katy Perry kepps proving that there is more to her and she keeps getting better and stronger.
  77. Jul 13, 2015
    Mais maduro que seu antecessor, PRISM de Katy Perry consegue nos mostrar dois traços fortes de sua interprete: Há a criança desperta em tracks como Birthday, This Is How We Do e Walking On Air, ao mesmo tempo em que há uma mulher mais madura em Roar, Double Rainbow,
    Legendary Lovers, Choose Your Battles & Unconditionally
    Katy consegue um bom contraste em seu novo trabalho que com
    Legendary Lovers, Choose Your Battles & Unconditionally

Katy consegue um bom contraste em seu novo trabalho que com certeza é de longe seu mais completo em sonoridade, e de certa forma, Katheryn parece ter encontrado a si mesma neste novo álbum, tanto como pessoa, quanto como artista
  78. Jul 25, 2015
    Starting with good lyrics, without forgetting the "commercial song", "Prism" disc of the singer Katy Perry has both good things as bad and even disappointing in his third musical work.
    The good thing about this disc would be the maturity that includes Perry through several songs such as "Ghost", "Legendary Lovers" and "It Takes Two", Katy has a range of excellent quality songs.
    The bad
    The bad in this work is truly "The Singles". Although "Roar" is a fairly mature song that gave him a positive approach to disk, this album has singles quite mediocre as "This Is How We Do" and "Birthday, also do not forget commercial song"Dark Horse"and the ballad"Unconditionally", pretty bad quality of the choice of singles." In my opinion he would have preferred "Legendary Lovers" or "Walking On Air".
    And finally, as disappointing on this album is "Total comparison with Teenage Dream", both in singles and in promotion, only Perry Teenage Dream things change and hidden them in Prism so that no one will notice it. But it is not so
  79. Aug 29, 2015
    This album is fantastic. Katy Perry has finally find herself in an artistic manner. There is no deny that she can improve more. Also her voice sounds more firm and controlled. The album is a great mix: Catchy and danceable songs like "This Is How We Do" or "Birthday", Inspirational or meaningful songs like "Roar" or "Love Me", and also soulful ballads like "By The Grace Of God". Best albumThis album is fantastic. Katy Perry has finally find herself in an artistic manner. There is no deny that she can improve more. Also her voice sounds more firm and controlled. The album is a great mix: Catchy and danceable songs like "This Is How We Do" or "Birthday", Inspirational or meaningful songs like "Roar" or "Love Me", and also soulful ballads like "By The Grace Of God". Best album from her till now Expand
  80. Oct 16, 2015
    Melhores músicas: Birthday, Dark Horse, This Is How We Do, International Smile, Ghost, Spiritual
    .....................................................................
  81. Oct 16, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. bom e perfeito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  82. Oct 17, 2015
    este album foi o melhor desta década teve um otimo impulso no mundo Katy Perry mostrou se mais forte e mais corajosa doque em Teenage Dream , este é o primeiro melhor album de 2013/2014 em seguida vem 1989 da Taylor Swift . Na Prismatic World Tour Katy inovou aquilo nao merece ser chamado de um show e sim de um espetaculo
  83. Oct 22, 2013
    I don't care if Prism is the sequel of the Katy of Teenage Dream but grow up; etc I really like this album, I have to say that the 40% of the álbum is completely amazing, Other 30% is good and the other 30% I think is the same of always, it's kind of boring. Some songs are so good, but others are boring and it is the same, I would prefer that she could change a little bit with her songs,I don't care if Prism is the sequel of the Katy of Teenage Dream but grow up; etc I really like this album, I have to say that the 40% of the álbum is completely amazing, Other 30% is good and the other 30% I think is the same of always, it's kind of boring. Some songs are so good, but others are boring and it is the same, I would prefer that she could change a little bit with her songs, but it's ok. The best tracks are Unconditionaly, This Is How We Do; Legendary Lovers is a stronger one, and some others. Tracks like This Moment, Love Me, Ghost. and others are very boring because they're the same sound of the whole album. I think she could experiment with more sounds. Expand
  84. Aug 26, 2014
    Album of the Year. It's mature and beautiful. Dark Horse is the song of the year and best Katy Perry song to date. I love ballads like By the Grace of God an Choose Your Battles.
  85. Nov 11, 2013
    I love that Katy decided to go against lately trends and instead of dance album she decided to go to completely different direction. It sound really fresh. but I think It require to actually listen to it, instead of just playing it in the background.
    Let me just add that only Legendary Lovers sounds better, more original than anything new form lady gaga. This is how you should make a progress with your art as an artist.
    And Walking on Air is such an amazing track!
    Good job Katy!
  86. Oct 22, 2013
    that album shows a maturement of katy perry!! Loved it, i mean, it is the album of the year. My favorite are: Legendary Lovers, Dark Horse, International Smile, Walking On Air, This Is How We Do, Birthday and Unconditionally!!!
  87. Oct 23, 2013
    Prism is a very obvious and much stated maturation of Katy Perry's songwriting. The hooks in her choruses are still massive, the album as a whole still fits within the accessibility pop music generally requires but there is also a lot happening below the surface. It's an exciting example of how masterfully pop music can be crafted and creates a much stronger result than a shallowPrism is a very obvious and much stated maturation of Katy Perry's songwriting. The hooks in her choruses are still massive, the album as a whole still fits within the accessibility pop music generally requires but there is also a lot happening below the surface. It's an exciting example of how masterfully pop music can be crafted and creates a much stronger result than a shallow recreation of beats and melodies. There's energy, passion and meticulous care put into the record. I highly recommend giving Prism a listen. Expand
  88. Nov 5, 2013
    When Katy said "i think my next CD is so dark" I think OMG i dont know but the final product is really awsome, every song is interesting Teenage dream is funny but this is so spiritual like the song, Unconditional show every type of love, brothers love, dad-son love, homo love, couple love is so beautiful cause the real love is unconditional, Love me and Roar is i need love me first andWhen Katy said "i think my next CD is so dark" I think OMG i dont know but the final product is really awsome, every song is interesting Teenage dream is funny but this is so spiritual like the song, Unconditional show every type of love, brothers love, dad-son love, homo love, couple love is so beautiful cause the real love is unconditional, Love me and Roar is i need love me first and then i probably ready to love someone else, very powerful Prism. Cheers for Katy Expand
  89. Nov 11, 2013
    PRISM is undoubtedly a surprise, I thought that highly anticipated new album Katy Perry would certainly be a Teenage Dream 2.0, and imagine my delight to hear new music from the singer. Of course, we're talking about Katy Perry, and always will be present in the songs that packs in a pool party, and as a Birthday Smile International and Walking On Air But we also find soft chords as DoublePRISM is undoubtedly a surprise, I thought that highly anticipated new album Katy Perry would certainly be a Teenage Dream 2.0, and imagine my delight to hear new music from the singer. Of course, we're talking about Katy Perry, and always will be present in the songs that packs in a pool party, and as a Birthday Smile International and Walking On Air But we also find soft chords as Double rainbow, This Moment, Ghost and Love Me with letters that go out of your mind, the new work is exciting queen sweet, delightful and engaging. It is impossible not to realize that the personal turmoil experienced by her in recent years were decisive for the composition of this album. And as her ballad Unconditionally, PRISM Katy puts on a quieter level to continue with his roar. Then as she herself has said LET THE LIGHT IN. Expand
  90. Jun 18, 2014
    水果这专跟上专比有明显的转型,但并不是彻底地“黑暗”。“ROAR”发行后很惊讶跟之前的她很不一样,虽然有人觉得不抓耳,不好听,但我觉得很耐听。听到全专后,“Legendary Lovers”、“Birthday”都很抓耳,放在专辑前两首就是想要听的人继续听下去,“Unconditionally”虽然不如前两首抓耳,但秀恩爱歌曲加上歌词版MV很感人,看完歌词版MV我就爱上了这首歌。这专虽然歌曲没有”Teenage Dream“出彩,但首首都很耐听。水果这专跟上专比有明显的转型,但并不是彻底地“黑暗”。“ROAR”发行后很惊讶跟之前的她很不一样,虽然有人觉得不抓耳,不好听,但我觉得很耐听。听到全专后,“Legendary Lovers”、“Birthday”都很抓耳,放在专辑前两首就是想要听的人继续听下去,“Unconditionally”虽然不如前两首抓耳,但秀恩爱歌曲加上歌词版MV很感人,看完歌词版MV我就爱上了这首歌。这专虽然歌曲没有”Teenage Dream“出彩,但首首都很耐听。
  91. Oct 24, 2013
    'PRISM', the follow-up to Perry's record-breaking 2010 record 'Teenage Dream', shows that Perry has clearly matured since her "California Gurls" and "I Kissed A Girl" days. The first half of 'PRISM' contains eight songs, including the smash-hit "Roar", the Bollywood-influenced "Legendary Lovers", and the trap-inspired "Dark Horse". These eight tracks are simply pop perfection and will be'PRISM', the follow-up to Perry's record-breaking 2010 record 'Teenage Dream', shows that Perry has clearly matured since her "California Gurls" and "I Kissed A Girl" days. The first half of 'PRISM' contains eight songs, including the smash-hit "Roar", the Bollywood-influenced "Legendary Lovers", and the trap-inspired "Dark Horse". These eight tracks are simply pop perfection and will be the album's most probable single choices, while the second half of the album, which includes tracks like the haunting "Ghost", the emotional "By the Grace of God", and the soaring "It Takes Two" contains some more mature ballads. Overall, 'PRISM' is a well-produced record that contains several potential number one singles, and Perry showcases her much improved vocal talent and newly-found maturity on many of the album songs. While taking the first half of the record to show off her talent for mastering upbeat Summer songs, and taking the second half to lyrically reveal the more emotional side of her last two years, Perry presents yet another great pop album, that, despite its amount of ballads, doesn't really contain any filler tracks. One could argue that the slightly lackluster "Double Rainbow" and the generally boring "Choose Your Battles" are fillers, but in order to showcase her maturity, it was necessary for Perry to include slower songs that don't contain strong melodies and therefore Perry should be applauded for taking the time to record some songs that aren't meant to go to number 1 on radio.

With refreshingly experimental influences, such as R&B ("Birthday"), trap ("Dark Horse"), deep house ("Walking on Air"), and contemporary Christian music ("By the Grace of God"), Perry forms a fantastic pop record with 'PRISM' that will surely become a mechanism to serve up some great radio hits in the new year. 'PRISM' may not contain as many sugary-sweet Summer pop songs as its predecessor, but considering her improved vocal performances and obvious maturity, that may not be a bad thing.
  92. Nov 22, 2013
    The album is amazing every song has its own story. Plus the album is cheerful and inspiring its an album that you must listen to and the songs are really catchy
  93. Oct 23, 2013
    PRISM is one of the best albums of the year and Katy Perry has really outdone herself this time. I have been a fan of hers for a long time and this album definitely does not disappoint...its really lives up to its expectations. Its very different from her previous albums and i am really impressed. Katy Perry sounds great...better than ever...PRISM will definitely be a roaring success. I amPRISM is one of the best albums of the year and Katy Perry has really outdone herself this time. I have been a fan of hers for a long time and this album definitely does not disappoint...its really lives up to its expectations. Its very different from her previous albums and i am really impressed. Katy Perry sounds great...better than ever...PRISM will definitely be a roaring success. I am addicted to each and every track and is very difficult to pick my favorites but i have to say that i love Legendary Lovers, Birthday and This Moment apart from the 2 singles and 2 promo singles! Expand
  94. Oct 22, 2013
    PRISM is Ms. Perry's most cohesive and mature album to date. It features glittering, catchy pop songs (all done in typical Perry style) which are slight improvements to similar songs from Teenage Dream. It also features growth and vulnerability which really makes PRISM what it is. Songs like "Ghost," "Love Me," "This Moment" "Double Rainbow" and "By the Grace of God" may be seen asPRISM is Ms. Perry's most cohesive and mature album to date. It features glittering, catchy pop songs (all done in typical Perry style) which are slight improvements to similar songs from Teenage Dream. It also features growth and vulnerability which really makes PRISM what it is. Songs like "Ghost," "Love Me," "This Moment" "Double Rainbow" and "By the Grace of God" may be seen as throwaway pop ballads, but they indicate that while Perry likes to have fun (indicated by "This How We Do" and "Birthday"), she is in fact an adult. No doubt, despite some chances taken on "Legendary Lovers" and the ballads, PRISM is a typical top 40 album. But it is a top 40 album in its most ideal sense. Perry is showing the others how to do it. Her humor and her emotions come through, remarkably keeping us entertained without any fillers. Each song stands on its own, but also contributes to the overall album. Perry is still feeding into the mainstream, but is doing so now with more confidence and more of a sense of herself. Well done! Expand
  95. Oct 26, 2013
    PRISM is generally a good album; What keeps it away from perfection is the multitude of flat songs, from which I have to mention "Ghost", "Love Me", "Spiritual" and "Choose Your Battles".

Nevertheless, there is a bunch of amazing songs on it, namely tracks 1-8, tracks 11-13 and track no. 15; The album provides infectious beats, dance-floor smashes and also sentimental ballads; The

The highlights of PRISM are "Roar", "Unconditionally", "Dark Horse", "This Moment", "Legendary Lovers" and "By the Grace of God".
  96. Nov 30, 2013
    Brilliantly executed and the perfect follow up to pop-perfection Teenage Dream. Katy shows growth in her writing and vocal ability as well as songwriting. Katy is no longer a guilty pleasure for me, but her songs are just as fun as many from her first two albums, while still retaining a degree of maturity. Very impressed.
  97. Nov 30, 2013
    Such an eclectic mix of songs contemplative ballads and mid tempos mixed with some fun romps. such a fun album and shows a whole new side of katy. love it!
  98. Oct 29, 2013
    Without doubt, Katy made ​​one of the best albums of the year, because the pop candy made in another album totally not repeated in PRISM, it is something more personal and different than anything, I think she finally evolved and more pleased.
    I hope it continues well, without lapsing, many songs can be seized.
  99. Nov 2, 2013
    水果这专跟上专比有明显的转型,但并不是彻底地“黑暗”。“ROAR”发行后很惊讶跟之前的她很不一样,虽然有人觉得不抓耳,不好听,但我觉得很耐听。听到全专后,“Legendary Lovers”、“Birthday”都很抓耳,放在专辑前两首就是想要听的人继续听下去,“Unconditionally”虽然不如前两首抓耳,但秀恩爱歌曲加上歌词版MV很感人,看完歌词版MV我就爱上了这首歌。这专虽然歌曲没有”Teenage Dream“出彩,但首首都很耐听。那些打0分的都是傻逼水果这专跟上专比有明显的转型,但并不是彻底地“黑暗”。“ROAR”发行后很惊讶跟之前的她很不一样,虽然有人觉得不抓耳,不好听,但我觉得很耐听。听到全专后,“Legendary Lovers”、“Birthday”都很抓耳,放在专辑前两首就是想要听的人继续听下去,“Unconditionally”虽然不如前两首抓耳,但秀恩爱歌曲加上歌词版MV很感人,看完歌词版MV我就爱上了这首歌。这专虽然歌曲没有”Teenage Dream“出彩,但首首都很耐听。那些打0分的都是傻逼
  100. Hel
    Nov 7, 2013
    Prism is a album which is filled with interesting music. Stand-outs from this album include Legendary Lovers and Dark Horse with their amazing production and vocals Katy has shown. Although half way through this album, it seems to fade. Overall this album is a good but somewhat dull album that fades halfway through.

Everything that is missing from [Lady Gaga's Artpop] is here, but everything that is good about it is spectacularly absent from Prism.
  2. Q Magazine
    Nov 22, 2013
    Prism feels transitional, the work of an artist clever enough to be restless, yet unable to split from a winning formula. [Dec 2013, p.110]
  3. Nov 14, 2013
    It doesn’t require the patience or emotional/intellectual involvement that albums I typically listen to require. The cool thing, though, is that it does have quite a bit of redeeming value.