8.5

Review this album

1. May 11, 2013
    As I am not a big fan of country music, my review is to be ignored if you are a country music fan. I listen to most of the things that appear on metacritic, and this one had an exceptionally high score, so I listened to it. It took me to the same mistery world where almost all modern country albums take me: a place that I can't imagine to exist, and if it does, I hope I never get there.As I am not a big fan of country music, my review is to be ignored if you are a country music fan. I listen to most of the things that appear on metacritic, and this one had an exceptionally high score, so I listened to it. It took me to the same mistery world where almost all modern country albums take me: a place that I can't imagine to exist, and if it does, I hope I never get there.

There were some catchy ones indeed on the list of tracks, but overall it was quite boring, and I don't think that it was so exceptional compared to other albums by young femaly country musicians. I am wondering what makes people give it such a high score, and I played with the thought of listening to it again, but I can't force myself to do that in the foreseeable future.

With one word: disappointed.

1. Jun 17, 2013
    Songwriting thus warm and wise can't be as easy as Musgraves makes it sound. [Jul 2013, p.108]
  2. May 14, 2013
    Musgrave just paints a picture of their shared solitude, and she lets us see our absurd selves in the lives of others.
  3. Apr 11, 2013
    She sings with an affectless detachment reminiscent of, say, Aimee Mann, and uses it to cut sharply through the lies people tell themselves.