• Record Label: Age 101
  • Release Date: Mar 1, 2019
8.3

Review this album

1. Mar 2, 2019
    Little Simz conspicuously got her stance laying bare; questioning life, self-worth, and death feels like staples. They all have a place in GREY Area.
  2. Mar 1, 2019
    Best rap album of the year thus far. Lyricism and flow are on point and the production is A+.
  3. JXI
    Mar 1, 2019
    I honestly didn't know what to think at first, but she had me hooked halfway through "Boss". Creative beats with a great flow.
  4. Apr 2, 2019
    Absolutely fantastic, my only problem with this album is just how short it is
  5. Mar 5, 2019
    Such a good album!! I already loved the singles that came out before the album so I was really hyped for this album. The production is amazing, her lyricism and flow are some of the best of any MC I've heard in a while so this is definitely my favorite rap album of the year so far. This album has a few amazing hard hitting, grimy tracks like Offence and Boss, but also contains someSuch a good album!! I already loved the singles that came out before the album so I was really hyped for this album. The production is amazing, her lyricism and flow are some of the best of any MC I've heard in a while so this is definitely my favorite rap album of the year so far. This album has a few amazing hard hitting, grimy tracks like Offence and Boss, but also contains some beautiful storytelling tracks like Flowers and Sherbet sunset. I also love the track Pressure with little dragon. Overall I have to say that I prefer the singles over the other six tracks, which makes this a 9 out of 10 instead of a 10/10 for me. Still, this wil probably be one of my favorites of the year and I highly recommend listening to it!

Highlights: Offence, Boss, Selfish, Sherbet sunset and Pressure
  6. Mar 6, 2019
    Best rap album of the year so far, the production is amazing and her flow is really great!
  7. Mar 21, 2019
    I try incredibly hard to enjoy this album more than I do, because the content is incredible. The verses are vicious and her flow is on-point. However, only a handful of songs stay with me over time. She doesn't stick to the traditional song-structures, which is a good thing, except this time lack of hooks and choruses do some injustice. Little Simz successfully put herself on every rap andI try incredibly hard to enjoy this album more than I do, because the content is incredible. The verses are vicious and her flow is on-point. However, only a handful of songs stay with me over time. She doesn't stick to the traditional song-structures, which is a good thing, except this time lack of hooks and choruses do some injustice. Little Simz successfully put herself on every rap and music-lover's radar. That's a pretty comfortable place to be and I expect only good things to come from her. Expand
  8. Apr 16, 2019
    I first heard about Little Simz through the throwaway Gorillaz track "Garage Palace" where she brought great energy throughout the track. Her latest album at that time was quite underwhelming and turned me off of her other material. This album is definitely not what I was expecting. Coming in at a tight 10 tracks, this album delivers immensely on each of them. Little Simz has reallyI first heard about Little Simz through the throwaway Gorillaz track "Garage Palace" where she brought great energy throughout the track. Her latest album at that time was quite underwhelming and turned me off of her other material. This album is definitely not what I was expecting. Coming in at a tight 10 tracks, this album delivers immensely on each of them. Little Simz has really brought a great vibe and amazing lyrics to this album. My favourite track is definitely Pressure, give this album a listen. It's amazing. Currently the album of 2019. Expand
  9. May 18, 2019
    It has a very classic sound with very powerful emotional bars. She has pen game slick wordplay and vulnerability that is very beautiful complimented with hella awesome production.

1. May 17, 2019
    On Grey Area, it feels as if everything has come together in perfect unison, resulting in one of the strongest rap albums of 2019.
  2. May 10, 2019
    On the whole, it's a smart and satisfying record. If she can achieve such mass appeal on an independent release, it will be fascinating to see where she goes if she agrees to sign with a label. Hopefully it won't trip up her laser focus on what matters: herself.
  3. The Wire
    Apr 3, 2019
    Little Simz’s latest--and greatest--album is divided between three emotional states: bravado, doubt and love. [Apr 2019, p.58]