7.8

Review this album

1. Jul 12, 2019
    David Berman is a songwriting master, and this is the best record he's ever made.
  2. Jul 13, 2019
    This is pure gold. I can't say about berman-newcomers, but if you're fond of silver jews this sucks you in right from the start. The lyrics are simpler in a way, but incredibly effectful and the tunes are as catchy as anything he've done in the past
  3. Jul 13, 2019
    Awesome album. I like it so much. It's beautiful, soft and so pleasant for ears
  4. Jul 14, 2019
    David Berman's misery is balm to us all. Thrilled to have him back, and with a record that could be AOTY, at that.
  5. Jul 18, 2019
    Purple Mountains is majestic, a musical miracle.

David Berman is the righteous man America needs right now.
  6. Jul 14, 2019
    I just can't catch up with the critics... i just don't get what's tobe so excited about. The guy sounds like an intelligent guy sitting in some vegan coffee shop, pulling some narrative to a kind audience that tap his shoulder and empathize.
    Boring.
  7. Aug 8, 2019
    Rest easy, David. “All the suffering gets done by the ones we leave behind."

This is a beautiful collection of songs with sharp literary lyrics. Buy Berman's book 'Actual Air' if you want more of his poetry. He will be missed.
  8. Aug 31, 2019
    Lana Del Rey entrega um álbum de sons e vocais perfeitos. A pegada é bem good vibes e angelical. Me atrevo a dizer que o melhor álbum depois de Ultraviolence; superando as expectativas e quebrando recordes. Aclamem a Rainha do Indie.
  9. Sep 18, 2019
    The poetry on the album is above anything else out right now. After about 100 listens in the last month, I have come to the conclusion that it is his best work. It's the honesty of a man who felt that he had nothing to lose.
  10. Oct 5, 2019
    Incredible album front to back. It's unfortunate that this was his swan song, but I hope that David is finally at peace.

1. Jul 31, 2019
    Beyond the amber waves of grain, Purple Mountains offer fans a feast of food for thought.
  2. Jul 29, 2019
    The mix of autobiographical honesty and imaginative construction elevates Purple Mountains to something more than just Berman’s breakup album or musical therapy session. It relieves the emotions it develops, making the album a stunning achievement even more than a welcome return for Berman.
  3. Jul 23, 2019
    Every song is a vivid glimpse of Berman's miserable and acute self-awareness that will break your heart and fill you with ecstasy, the ultimate underdog story we never knew we needed.