8.8

Review this album

1. Aug 9, 2019
    I'm not some Slipknot mega-fan. I enjoy a handful of their tracks but usually don't venture beyond what immediately jumps out to me, so if I can appreciate this album enough to get into it way more than I have with any previous Slipknot album I can only imagine how excellent it must be for legit fans. Definitely worth a spin, and perhaps many more spins in the future.
  2. Aug 9, 2019
    Nero Forte is the best song I've heard in years! The drums are absolutely savage! This entire album is brutal but so melodic!
  3. Aug 10, 2019
    Although it has never produced concept albums, Slipknot has always guided their albums through a theme that tied the songs together, enriching the experience of listening to a group album completely. In a journey that revisits it's past while letting itself dare, Slipknot proves more relevant than ever, challenging the barriers of what can be done on a band album. Although we stumble a fewAlthough it has never produced concept albums, Slipknot has always guided their albums through a theme that tied the songs together, enriching the experience of listening to a group album completely. In a journey that revisits it's past while letting itself dare, Slipknot proves more relevant than ever, challenging the barriers of what can be done on a band album. Although we stumble a few times along the way, We Are Not Your Kind shows a mature group that has been able to take advantage of the five years since the release of .5 The Gray Chapter to reassert it's own identity while reinventing itself. Expand
  4. Aug 9, 2019
    Not since Vol 3 has Slipknot pushed their creativity, and I suspect not since Vol 3 will fans be so divided. WANYK is leaps and bounds ahead of their last two albums, Corey's vocals are in full flight..stretching the boundaries of what he can achieve vocally..and the band is better for it. Jay Weinberg has really come into his own on this album, delivering a fantastic performance on drums.Not since Vol 3 has Slipknot pushed their creativity, and I suspect not since Vol 3 will fans be so divided. WANYK is leaps and bounds ahead of their last two albums, Corey's vocals are in full flight..stretching the boundaries of what he can achieve vocally..and the band is better for it. Jay Weinberg has really come into his own on this album, delivering a fantastic performance on drums. Sid Wilson has a notable presence and also shines through seamlessly (previously albums his work has often felt like an afterthought..but in WANYK his work blends perfectly with the rest of the band

.For the fans out there that want Slipknot to churn out nothing but IOWA album after album you will likely not be satisfied with this latest effort; for the rest of us that appreciate growth and experimentation you will find something fresh yet familiar, and album worth buying.
  5. Aug 9, 2019
    We Are Not Your Kind is simply the greatest sensory experience of Slipknot and Nu Metal.
  6. Aug 9, 2019
    It's everything I wanted and more. Surprisingly, the least Slipknot song on the album, Spiders, is in the top 5 for me off the album.
  7. Aug 9, 2019
    When the album leaked, I read a few negative comments about the album being disappointing, but tis album doesn't disappoints in any way whatsoever. In advance I **** loved 'All Out Life". When it released I just went through a really tough period in my life and listening to that track made me realise how much I love music. It gave me the inspiriation and power to get back on track again.When the album leaked, I read a few negative comments about the album being disappointing, but tis album doesn't disappoints in any way whatsoever. In advance I **** loved 'All Out Life". When it released I just went through a really tough period in my life and listening to that track made me realise how much I love music. It gave me the inspiriation and power to get back on track again. Even though it's not on the album, I think it should be reviewed with the album as a whole. When Unsainted released, it gave me goosebumps on a different level. Slipknot is back, but this time it's a whole different ballgame compared to "The Grey Chapter". "Solway Firth" grew on me as I listened to it more and more. Normally I tend to listen to tracks with higher bpm's and faster riffs, but I appreciate the different layers of this track, which is kinda showcasing what the whole album is all about. Experimenting with different arrangements in each track, being able to constantly keep the audience focussed. "Nero Forte" sounds a bit like "Nomadic 2.0", but better and with a wider arrangement. "Critical Darling" reminds me of "My Plague" and "The Devil In I", really a beautiful track. "Red Flag" probably one of my favorite tracks, fast riffs, similar flow like "Everything Ends". "Spiders" isn't really my thing, but it really does a good job of playing in your head for a while. I love "Orphan", same flow as "Nomadic" and a bit like "The Negative One", different layers of Corey's voice, really dig it. I want to take the time for the slower tracks to grow on me, but I already love the album. This will definitly be a classic and in a few years will be seen as one their best alongside Iowa. Expand
  8. Aug 9, 2019
    I heard the Album now the 5th time and with every hearing session i find another piece of hidden art in this new and mostly daring but also winning album of slipknot. Its an album which is fresh and brave and even keep the great spirit of the band. Some also tracks remind me of IOWA times. Wouldnt be surprised if this will be one of the best Slipknot LP's. Great work. Great Art.
  9. Aug 9, 2019
    Raw,brutal and at the same time beautiful and carefully crafted.This is Slipknot at their prime.
  10. Aug 9, 2019
    Slipknot made a solid return with elements of every of the past albums.
    This is sincerely one of their best albums and maybe one of the best albums of the year!
  11. Aug 9, 2019
    Amazing. The only word to describe it. It is a breath of fresh air for SlipKnot in the modern era of Slipknot and makes you want more (even though there are 14 songs).
  12. Aug 9, 2019
    While I felt that .5 was a rare misstep by Slipknot, they are now back in full force, full swing, full angst, sounding as great as ever. We Are Not Your Kind is a glorious kick in the teeth that manages to both look backwards at their back catalogue and look forward to new and better things.
  13. Aug 9, 2019
    No words needed. Masterpiece
    Great synergy of all previous album's styles.
    100% recommended
  14. Aug 9, 2019
    An energy that had not been present since Vol:3. Strong riffs, powerful vocals, jump-the-f-up breakdowns and most welcome breaks and "artsy" explorations. Constant tension and punches.
    You can tell it's the first album that has been written as a full story and not just a succession of songs, as it goes full circle.
    So awesome that the band keeps successfully renewing themselves and
    So awesome that the band keeps successfully renewing themselves and explore new horizons despite the members chaotic changes.
    quite excited to see this live.
  15. Aug 9, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fcking AMAZING. This is the culmination of all Slipknot has been in the last 20 years. You want the agressive music, you got it. You want the Vol 3 style? You got it. You want .5? You got that too. You want some Snuff? You got it in "A Liar's Funeral" .

The interludes (Insert Coin, Death Because of Death, What's Next) are like a bridge between chapters in this album. When Insert coin ends you go into Unsainted, Birth of The Cruel which give a story of what happened in Corey's life first, how he went downhill, etc.
    Then Death Because of Death comes that continues with Nero Forte, Critical Darling, A Liar's Funeral and Red Flag that show off another chapter in Corey's life. This chapter is connected with his abuse, failed relationships, being lied and ditching all those things. Then What's Next comes and drags us into the biggest experiment Spiders which I still havent analyzed well but It's really good even for a Slipknot standard. Next up are Orphan, My Pain, Not Long For This World and Solway Firth. Orphan is basically The Heretic Anthem pt. 2 and in this last chapter of the album he talks how he overcame all the things like drug abuse, bad love etc. In Not Long For this world he basically thought he was gonna die at some point of those dark times. And in the end its Solway Firth with probably the best closing album words "You want a real smile? Haha. I havent smiled in years" which concludes this Magnum Opus of Slipknot and leaves us all breathless.
    This is small review from what this album really is and I hope we get #7 album in the future which we probably will.
    Thanks for reading this review and go listen to the album immediately cause its 100/10.
  16. Aug 9, 2019
    I have never listened to any album where i genuinely enjoyed every song this album in my eyes is perfect
  17. Aug 10, 2019
    10/10 album. Mixture of Iowa and Vol 3. A must listen to all rock fans around the world. This album will kick your f*cking ass.
  18. Aug 10, 2019
    One of their most cohesive, experimental, dynamic, and yet instantly recognizable works. Brilliant.
  19. Aug 10, 2019
    Couple good songs, the rest is just OK or plain bad.
    Not what I was expecting from Slipknot.
  20. Aug 12, 2019
    I wonder if I have heard another album. Values at 90% surprise me. Or do not many here know their album Iowa?
    This was better classes and still worth it today.
    But what some celebrate here is not normal. 2-3 good songs and the rest is mediocre to bad. Even "All Hope is gone" was better.
  21. Aug 9, 2019
    This is Slipknot at their absolute peak in every facet. It has all the elements that made their early work so great and so much more. This album deep and you will undoubtedly pick up something new with every listen. Like any masterful piece of art is composition can't be summed up into words.
  22. Aug 10, 2019
    They promised a heavier album, and they delivered. Easily the heaviest, both lyrically and musically, since Iowa, an album that I personally consider to be their best. A few of the songs could even be on Iowa, especially the track Orphan. However, it's far enough away from Iowa to be able to succeed as it's own thing. A very solid album all around. A few songs that I personally consider toThey promised a heavier album, and they delivered. Easily the heaviest, both lyrically and musically, since Iowa, an album that I personally consider to be their best. A few of the songs could even be on Iowa, especially the track Orphan. However, it's far enough away from Iowa to be able to succeed as it's own thing. A very solid album all around. A few songs that I personally consider to be highlights: Unsainted, Birth of the Cruel, Critical Darling, A Liar's Funeral, Spiders, and Solway Firth. The entire album, with the exception of maybe My Pain, is amazing, and I highly recommend it to anyone. Expand
  23. Aug 9, 2019
    Absolutely breathtaking. This band has fully delivered on every level. A feat of the best album in their discography is something I never thought would happen. Each song is unique in its own way. The atmosphere of "Slipknot" is fully earned here. If they stopped here, I would be content.
  24. Aug 9, 2019
    WE ARE NOT YOUR KIND is different from what you know so far SLIPKNOT. And believe that you can hate or love this record. The creative skills of Jim Root, Shawn Crahan and indeed whole bands have moved up a level. This album is kind of like Vol.3 for 2019. They were not afraid to come up with something to put you on your ass, even though the core of the whole thing remains the same. TheWE ARE NOT YOUR KIND is different from what you know so far SLIPKNOT. And believe that you can hate or love this record. The creative skills of Jim Root, Shawn Crahan and indeed whole bands have moved up a level. This album is kind of like Vol.3 for 2019. They were not afraid to come up with something to put you on your ass, even though the core of the whole thing remains the same. The guys from Iowa are still under the hard shell, the fools who tore anus metal 20 years ago. They showed what they can do, and asserted that the band is experimenting, and they are not afraid of it.
    The album has a total of 3 stages, the first indicates the intro, suddenly Death Because Of Death and the third What's Next.
    "Nero Forte" and "Critical Darling" feel 1999 and vol.3 vibes. Songs that impressed me the most. The biggest change, however, underwent "Spiders", "Birth of the Cruel" and "My Pain" cries reminiscent of Nine Inch Nails. And otherwise the album is all banger.
  25. Aug 9, 2019
    Corey's vocals are the best we've heard since Iowa. Heavier than .5 The Gray Chapter. A big surprise is how instrumental Sid and Craig were in creating an atmosphere for this album. By tying each song together with segues and their trademark frequency sound effects they form a strong cohesivness on the album. Jay is a mastermind on this album. Besides having one of the best masks heCorey's vocals are the best we've heard since Iowa. Heavier than .5 The Gray Chapter. A big surprise is how instrumental Sid and Craig were in creating an atmosphere for this album. By tying each song together with segues and their trademark frequency sound effects they form a strong cohesivness on the album. Jay is a mastermind on this album. Besides having one of the best masks he absolutely slays track to track. His hard hitting drumming really helps drive home and authenticates the emotional message of this album. of this album Expand
  26. Aug 9, 2019
    Oh. My. God. This is their best work since Iowa and Volume 3. I thought the .5 was awesome....this is just on another level and it has more of the 1999/Iowa feel than ever before. Slipknot truly went back to their roots here while also re-inventing their style with songs like Unsainted and the KILLER Critical Darling. If AOV is the balad for the Grey Chapter, then Critical Darling hasOh. My. God. This is their best work since Iowa and Volume 3. I thought the .5 was awesome....this is just on another level and it has more of the 1999/Iowa feel than ever before. Slipknot truly went back to their roots here while also re-inventing their style with songs like Unsainted and the KILLER Critical Darling. If AOV is the balad for the Grey Chapter, then Critical Darling has to be it for We Are Not Your Kind.

I admit that I am a crazed Slipknot fan (Maggot for life), with tattoos and the whole 9, but I also don't feel like I'm biased when I say that this is one heck of a great metal album I think many people will love to listen to over and over again, preferably at a loud volume.
  27. Aug 9, 2019
    Without a doubt Slipknot's best album and in my opinion, about as perfect as an album can reasonably get. Every single track is worth multiple listens, and that's more than I can say for most records in the sea of mediocrity that is the modern metal scene.
  28. Aug 9, 2019
    As far as Slipknot albums go, in my personal opinion, WANYK is their most ambitious and creative effort yet. This album was said by lead-singer Corey Taylor to be their heaviest effort since 2001’s “Iowa” but instead of pure aggression, we were given a menacing album full of emotion. Corey’s vocals are front-and-center here as they absolutely tear through the monsoons of instrumentationAs far as Slipknot albums go, in my personal opinion, WANYK is their most ambitious and creative effort yet. This album was said by lead-singer Corey Taylor to be their heaviest effort since 2001’s “Iowa” but instead of pure aggression, we were given a menacing album full of emotion. Corey’s vocals are front-and-center here as they absolutely tear through the monsoons of instrumentation that the rest of the eight masked-members provide. The sounds that Slipknot uses on this album are weirder and more sonically ambitious than what we’re used to from them. The album has three short mostly-instrumental tracks which allow the album to breathe a bit but also help WANYK keep it’s menacing consistency. I’m glad to say that this album is one of the stronger efforts across the entire musical spectrum that we have been presented with in 2019. P.S. Not to say “I told you so” or anything but I did tweet back in February that I’d put money down on Slipknot taking home the title for “Best Metal Album” at this year’s Grammy Awards and it’s now August and it’s looking like a safe bet.

- Berns
  29. Aug 10, 2019
    Mix the creepiness of the Self-Titled, the heaviness of Iowa, the experimentation of Vol.3, the catchy chorus of All Hope Is Gone and the atmosphere of The Grey Chapter and you get We Are Not Your Kind. Slipknot at it's best.
  30. Aug 9, 2019
    Can feel the evolution in both Slipknot as a band and Corey’s singing. It’s heavy, but stays authentic. Some parts are unpredictible, which is real fun to listen for the first time. I can’t say it’s a copy of any other previous albums, it’s innovative, modern, unique, and strongly stands on his own. Nero Forte is an instant favorite.
  31. Aug 9, 2019
    There is just one thing to say. WOW.
    There is just one thing to say. WOW.
    I am a big Slipknot fan, but this album is an absolute unique masterpiece. I think there shouldn't be any more talk about "Iowa levels of heaviness", but about "We are not your kind levels of darkness and intensiveness". Of course there are songs on this very experimental album, that show us a new side of Slipknot, but that is nothing bad at all. In my opinion this is definitely their best album.
  32. Aug 9, 2019
    Slipknot aways can do heavy metal: Solway Firth, Birth of the Cruel and Nero Forte show this. but this time they bring us with everything we want and a lot of thing that we dont know we want. Just amazing.
  33. Aug 9, 2019
    The best slipknot album is now here the most creative and overall best album they have done easily.
  34. Aug 9, 2019
    This album is just awsome. Great and heavy riffs, catchy chorus, samples like vol 3 , just great . For me are the best songs Solway Firth , Unsainted , Red Flag and Liar Funeral.
  35. Aug 9, 2019
    Without a doubt, Slipknot's best work since Iowa. A combination of Iowa and the best parts of Vol. 3, with plenty of experimentation.
  36. Aug 9, 2019
    I want to thank Slipknot for breaking their own borders one more time. This album has everything - bangers, dark themes, something completely new for them. That's why i love this band. And remembering about All Out Life is a part of album too(even it is a japanese bonus track) - i'm gonna close my eyes on 2 interludes. Their best record since Vol.3. If this album would be last one - i'mI want to thank Slipknot for breaking their own borders one more time. This album has everything - bangers, dark themes, something completely new for them. That's why i love this band. And remembering about All Out Life is a part of album too(even it is a japanese bonus track) - i'm gonna close my eyes on 2 interludes. Their best record since Vol.3. If this album would be last one - i'm gonna feel sad, but happy proud of this guys. Thank you one more time or how we say it Russia - Spasibo Expand
  37. Aug 9, 2019
    I lovr this album. This is grown, artistic Slipknot, with elements from earlier albums all the way to the reality of the band at present, as well as future experimental leanings. This is art, period!
  38. Aug 9, 2019
    Best album since Volume 3. Period. For me imho, .5 was their worst album by far, but this.... this is gold. Incredible material that has a lot of elements combined, experimental AF, heavy AF, There's a track for everyone, and the album as a whole, from start to finish is a delight. When you don't have to skip songs after the 20th time you listen to it.... it means it is a GREAT album,Best album since Volume 3. Period. For me imho, .5 was their worst album by far, but this.... this is gold. Incredible material that has a lot of elements combined, experimental AF, heavy AF, There's a track for everyone, and the album as a whole, from start to finish is a delight. When you don't have to skip songs after the 20th time you listen to it.... it means it is a GREAT album, everyone must give it a listen.

From songs that reminds me of old Slipknot, IOWA album to be more specific, to other songs like Spiders that make me feels like im listening to some material produced by Mike Patton. Birth of the Cruel with a little bit of Alice in Chains vibe on it, and even My pain with some Massive Attack trip hop vibes on it. I just can't express in words what this journey is all about. Give it a listen, you wont be disappointed. 9.5 out of 10 for me.
  39. Aug 9, 2019
    So good. Corey's voice is back in form. Saw him live a week ago in Knotfest. I'll Never forget that night!
  40. Aug 9, 2019
    Absolutely amazing album. It’s up there with Iowa and ST in my opinion. 100% must buy for anyone that calls themself a maggot.
  41. Aug 9, 2019
    Iowa X Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses
    Iowa X Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses
    Therefore came out as this album Like a lot of elements, it was cut 2 previous albums like All Hope Is Gone and .5: The Gray Chapter. This album is the very best of Slipknot's early soundtrack, but one thing is that we don't listen. Solo of 2 guitarists like Jim and Mick. If anyone is addicted to the solo part, then must go back to listen to the previous 2 albums. Because the soundtrack of this album contains only guitar riffs and percussion and fun
  42. Aug 10, 2019
    It’s like what they wanted Vol. 3 to be; Experimental and heavy but... matured. It’s their best album because it does everything very well. It’s not singularly heavy or singularly melodic, it mixes both perfectly.
  43. Aug 10, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I usually don't write reviews, but We Are Not Your Kind is sick. I felt that I have to say something. First things first, I'm not a huge fan of .5: The Gray Chapter and All Hope Is Gone. Because the band was not productive, it really feels like that they are into something, but don't have the courage to do it. But in WANYK, it seems like they finally did it. And it is SICK. First ten songs of the album is the real Slipknot we all love. After the 10th song, they tried some new sounds and it really haunted me. To be honest, except "My Pain", the album is great. Best one they have since the Vol.3. But My Pain is totally tolerable. Because Corey's vocals are extraordinary. Clean vocals gives you the real eargasm.

Only thing that bothers me is Jay. Jay is soo, how do we say it? Uninspired. Feels like he just drumming all the same through 64 minutes. But overall, It's a 95/100 from me. This is the Slipknot I want to hear.
  44. Aug 10, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. We Are Not Your Kind is the most ambitious album of Nu Metal titans Slipknot yet. It combines the energy and lyrical power of their 1999 debut, the diversity of Vol. 3, the atomesphere of The Gray Chapter, and the anthem melodies of All Hope is Gone. Corey's vocals are the strongest they've ever been, and everyone else is on their best work since Iowa. The album starts off with the eerie, yet moving, prelude "Insert Coin" which sets the tone for "Unsainted", the lead single of WANYK. Unsainted is a melodic, stadium-shaking anthem, complete with a sweet breakdown. Birth of the Cruel is a track reminiscent of the song Prosthetics off of their first album, starting off with a drum track that sets a tone as if you were stalking someone in the night, and transistions into a clean vocal intro featuring cascading guitars. (skipping death because of death, as its a forgettable interlude). Nero Forte is indescribably amazing, with some of the best vocal work ever done by Corey Taylor, and a thrash metal riff, it contains a chorus reminiscent of Psychosocial, but much more mature. The song is perfect in every manner, and no complaints from me, the drumming is the best work Jay Weinberg has done for the band. Critical Darling is a track with super heavy, grinding guitar riffs, that could easily be featured on the band 2001 album "Iowa." Critical Darling transitions smoothly into the ballad-esque track of A Liar's Funeral. ALF starts with an acoustic intro with Corey Taylor's beautiful vocals, and transitions into a melody-entwined nu-metal track, the acoustic work on this track has the best tone presented by Slipknot so far. Red Flag is a track similar to many other Slipknot songs from their first two albums, and is easily forgettable, but the riffs make up for the lack of creativity. What's Next, leaves the lisener wondering What's Next, as it is nothing like Slipknot has ever made sonically. It leads perfectly into "Spiders", which is quite frankly, a track that sends the listener on a nightmare trip of clean vocals and crazy drum work, its an experimental sound that sounds almost like "Duality" but John Carpenter took it home and worked on it. Orphan is a powerful song that reminds me of a mix between "The Heretic Anthem" and Slipknot's new melodies, overall something that will leave any fan of nu-metal satisfied. My Pain is a very experimental track featuring mostly Corey, Craig, and Jay, it is almost like an unnerving lullaby that sends me back to the song off of Vol. 3, "Danger-Keep Away."Overall My Pain is not something I would have expected Slipknot to try out, but I personally believe it fits their new image perfectly. Not Long For This World is a highlight of the album for me, with amazing, melancholical, and dark lyrics, entwined with Corey's amazing vocal work. As the song progresses into a melocial anthem full of amazing guitar work. Solway Firth is an extremly heavy track that could be straight off of Iowa, and closes the album perfectly. Overall the album is one of the best metal albums in a long time, and I cannot wait to see what Slipknot puts out next. Expand
  45. Aug 9, 2019
    You want Iowa, the self titled and Vol.3 combined in one brutally melodic fashion then this is your album. Creepy samples, eerie intros, beautifully crafted ballads and rip roaring choruses. Definitely worth a shot for the Grammys
  46. Aug 9, 2019
    Dark, heavy and aggressive! Just what you want in a Slipknot album. This will entertain casual listeners too!
  47. Aug 9, 2019
    **** amazing. Great album with great songs (Nero Forte is my favorite), in the second half it’s Full of experimentation.
  48. Aug 9, 2019
    We Are Not Your Kind is nothing short of a masterpiece. It’s Slipknot ambitiously refining their sound while firing on all cylinders. Very impressive.
  49. Aug 9, 2019
    This album is pure rage against Corey's depression with a Vol.3/Iowa/Gray Chapter style with the best melodic parts I've heard in Slipknot ever. Slipknot has been so ambitious with this album and I think is their best record since Vol.3. 10/10
  50. Aug 10, 2019
    The fact that I've seen multiple plebs saying absurd statements like "this is Slipknot's best album" shows how absolutely delusional this bands fanbase is. We Are Not Your Kind isn't even close to as good as Vol. 3. let alone Iowa. Give me a break.
  51. Aug 9, 2019
    This is their most brutal album in sometime but I think what bothers me is that the songs do not take their own identity like they do on Subliminal Versus, they mesh together too much, I could listen to this album 5 times and not remember what songs I liked, it had some moments but I am not super impressed
  52. Aug 12, 2019
    The album is weakl. Some songs sound not heavy enough and are plainly boring. It has it 's good moments though. Or maybe I just grew out of Slipknot. The lyrics are bland and boring, pretty generic also. I don't even know why they thought calling a song "Death because of Death" was a good idea. It would work for a Death Metal or Grindcore band that does not take themselves too serious, butThe album is weakl. Some songs sound not heavy enough and are plainly boring. It has it 's good moments though. Or maybe I just grew out of Slipknot. The lyrics are bland and boring, pretty generic also. I don't even know why they thought calling a song "Death because of Death" was a good idea. It would work for a Death Metal or Grindcore band that does not take themselves too serious, but srsly, it is also a pretty bad interlude. Expand
  53. Aug 9, 2019
    Honestly, i am dissapointed, the drums does not have tha same kind of integrity and attack just the same "heavy" beat all the time with little time for fast fills, guitars are getting more repetitive and boring, the sheer hype of their music seems to be gone for me with this album im sorry but i cannot recommend this.
  54. Aug 9, 2019
    Ughh, I don't want to give this anything lower because the production is flawless. However, that's also the issue. I was/is a fan of the first two albums but Slipknot took a sudden turn into Emo territory. This album sounds like they forced Tim Burton to write Slipknots album. If that's your thing, cool. When someone claims it's heavier than IOWA, they're lying. The entire album is bland,Ughh, I don't want to give this anything lower because the production is flawless. However, that's also the issue. I was/is a fan of the first two albums but Slipknot took a sudden turn into Emo territory. This album sounds like they forced Tim Burton to write Slipknots album. If that's your thing, cool. When someone claims it's heavier than IOWA, they're lying. The entire album is bland, all of the riffs sound the same, and the drums must be on loop because it's all so repetitive. Rest In Pieces Slipknot. Expand
  55. Aug 10, 2019
    Am I even listening to the same album all these 10/10 reviews are? Honestly, I dont think Slipknot has been peak since self-titled/Iowa era... However, they still put on fun live shows and hearing all the hype surrounding their upcoming release I was super excited. People were saying it was going to be a return to 'Iowa' era Slipknot. I listened closely front to back.... The entireAm I even listening to the same album all these 10/10 reviews are? Honestly, I dont think Slipknot has been peak since self-titled/Iowa era... However, they still put on fun live shows and hearing all the hype surrounding their upcoming release I was super excited. People were saying it was going to be a return to 'Iowa' era Slipknot. I listened closely front to back.... The entire thing is just complete garbage. It's awful. It doesn't even sound like Slipknot. The lyricism is weak and uninventive. The songwriting is so damn boring and cheesy and repetitive to a fault. I could go on and on about this record but to me they're done. Corey sounds like a pirate in 'Solway Firth'. I don't see Slipknot coming back from this. This is worse than 'the gray chapter' and I really didn't think that would be possible. Expand
  56. Aug 9, 2019
    Lots of people are stating that Slipknot took the creative path full head-on and came out with the most experimental album to date. Well... I call it laziness. Interludes, poorly written and uninspired lyrics all helped to build a week record. Maybe the weakest of their career.
  57. Aug 9, 2019
    I think this is the point at which the band start to decline. The same detuned riffs and Corey's screams are the lowest quality in years. Theres no evil menace any more and its verging on emo hipsterism. Unsainted is great but overall it seems like the prelude to breakup. So phoned in and by the numbers you wonder where their balls went.
  58. Aug 9, 2019
    Unsainted, Birth of the Cruel, Orphan, maybe Not for this World, and Solway Firth are the only redeemable things about this album. When I'm told "Iowa levels of heavy" I'm expecting Disasterpiece of Left Behind, or Heretic Anthem, not whatever the hell Spiders was, like, that's a pop song, and historically, Corey has said how he hates pop music, yet that could easily be just another radioUnsainted, Birth of the Cruel, Orphan, maybe Not for this World, and Solway Firth are the only redeemable things about this album. When I'm told "Iowa levels of heavy" I'm expecting Disasterpiece of Left Behind, or Heretic Anthem, not whatever the hell Spiders was, like, that's a pop song, and historically, Corey has said how he hates pop music, yet that could easily be just another radio song on some pop station.

Honestly, Unsainted and Birth of the Cruel, already good, we know that from the videos, everything from there to Spiders was okay, nothing stood out too much, but as soon as I hit Spiders, I instantly made a "what the f**k" scrunched up face, and it killed my entire excitement for the rest of the album. Orphan kinda redeemed a bit, and was pretty good by the end, My Pain was the same as Spiders, like, what the f**k is this? Not long for this world was okay, started off better than Spiders or My Pain, and ended pretty good.

Overall, not worth it imo, just listen to Unsainted, Birth of the Cruel, potentially Nero Forte, skimmed over that pretty quickly, because I was just in a good mood from the start, Orphan, potentially Not for this World, and Solway Firth.

I became a fan from Before I Forget, and got back when Devil in I came out, and that's the kinda stuff I expect, and most of this album doesn't even touch that level, let alone what Iowa is like. It hurts to say I don't like this album at the first listen, but I have to be honest. If it was an experiment, which is the only reason I could see them doing this, it failed miserably in my eyes, and it legitimately hurts to say that.
  59. Aug 9, 2019
    I rate this album with 1. Because in this sh*t you can find only 1.5 good tracks.
    All other sh*t you can turn on on the graduation school ball for slow dance...
  60. Aug 9, 2019
    I have been a huge Slipknot fan from the beginning, and it pains me greatly to have to say this but this entire album is garbage. Not once did I feel like I was listening to a slipknot album. Fact is, the band lost its way after Paul.
  61. Aug 12, 2019
    Slipknot makes music for tattoo-sleeved meatheads who drink craft beers and put 666 in their online usernames. This hasn't changed with this last album. A bunch of manchildren in Halloween costumes, this act lost its edge a long time ago and should stay in its bygone era. This is why nobody takes metal as a genre seriously, because its childish. The critics are laughable, when'sSlipknot makes music for tattoo-sleeved meatheads who drink craft beers and put 666 in their online usernames. This hasn't changed with this last album. A bunch of manchildren in Halloween costumes, this act lost its edge a long time ago and should stay in its bygone era. This is why nobody takes metal as a genre seriously, because its childish. The critics are laughable, when's Entertainment Weekly's 10/10 coming? Expand
  62. Aug 9, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ребята из Айовы потрудились на славу. Однозначно, этот альбом превзошёл предыдуший и поднял планку до нереального уровня, как в лирике, так и в инструментальной составляющей. Один из лучших альбомов года, среди всех жанров Expand
  63. Aug 10, 2019
    I have no idea who liked this album in the first place. Just a piece of **** Tortilla - couldn't promote the album. Each track is worse than the other. Why it's called a Slipknot - is not clear. Olds people, it's time to finish your musical career. Very bad.
  64. Aug 9, 2019
    With some very solid tracks and some that feel a bit too "experimental", "We are not your kind" is a good addition to slipknot's discography. Even if it is a bit of a come down from ".5 the grey chapter".
  65. Aug 9, 2019
    HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL YEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHH
    Heavy, crazy, best Slipknot record so far. HELL YEAH
  66. Aug 11, 2019
    Long time listener of The Knot. (2000)

This album should be slotted right in-between Self Titled and Iowa, as far as overall importance to the development and future success of the band is concerned. Perhaps even more important than those two albums in many ways. WANYK is a total musical experience, blending elements of the old with the new, and the new with experimental. WANYK is worth
    Long time listener of The Knot. (2000)

WANYK is a total musical experience, blending elements of the old with the new, and the new with experimental. WANYK is worth listening to if only for the masterful experience of moving from one track to the next as each interlude creates the atmosphere that makes it such a treat. Every song begins and ends with an intro and outro that sets this album apart from any others. Point blank, it's the magnum opus of the band and the entire genre of nu metal (slipmetal) in this period of time. The amount of effort, heart and unapologetic intensity is also found in ample amounts on this album. The mixture of these elements is why fans stick with this group through and through. This is true musical leadership at its finest, and a way to give back to all the supportive fans.

WANYK is the kind of album that will be remembered for its sheer importance to music, fans, and art in general. Do yourself a favor and listen to this album. You'll regret it if you dont.
  67. Aug 20, 2019
    The rhythm section is very solid and as well the electronic elements are nicely polished, but once again they leave out certain things like solos that could’ve made this album potentially their very best stand out record. This is basically “Iowa” vs “chapter 3” instead of the beautiful baby that could of become of the two solid records. Not one of these songs is as heavy as the titleThe rhythm section is very solid and as well the electronic elements are nicely polished, but once again they leave out certain things like solos that could’ve made this album potentially their very best stand out record. This is basically “Iowa” vs “chapter 3” instead of the beautiful baby that could of become of the two solid records. Not one of these songs is as heavy as the title track from “all hope is gone”. At the end of the day, the album is very enjoyable and they are still working very hard. May their next album be the one that drives me over sonic bridge to hell! Expand
  68. Aug 16, 2019
    Although some guitar, sample and keyboard layers and a slight signal of maturity, it's still a kind of sound that you can wait came from Slipknot.
  69. Aug 9, 2019
    An exciting album full of experimentation and interesting instrumental differences when compared to the bands previous albums. The hauntingly great 'Spiders' is just one example of the experimentation working in the band's favour. Amongst the 14 tracks I have to point fingers towards 'My Pain' as the track that doesn't really work as nothing about it screams metal (Pun intended but theAn exciting album full of experimentation and interesting instrumental differences when compared to the bands previous albums. The hauntingly great 'Spiders' is just one example of the experimentation working in the band's favour. Amongst the 14 tracks I have to point fingers towards 'My Pain' as the track that doesn't really work as nothing about it screams metal (Pun intended but the album impressivly finishes up with 'Not Long for this World' and 'Solway Firth' Expand
  70. Aug 18, 2019
    Not real Metal. Made for radio play, and for Emo kids to sing along with in concert.
  71. Aug 18, 2019
    Well I tried several times but didn't get the point. If I would change anything, that would be DRuMS. They just suck **** on the the tracks.
  72. Aug 18, 2019
    When I see these 10/10 reviews I'm seriously starting to think that the whole music industry (and even the listeners) is totally corrupt nowadays. Just look - the first third of an album is weak interludes. The second - badly ripped-off riffs of themselves (you can even hear "The Heretic Anthem" riff in "Orphan" as an example). And the last but not least - these continious attempts to makeWhen I see these 10/10 reviews I'm seriously starting to think that the whole music industry (and even the listeners) is totally corrupt nowadays. Just look - the first third of an album is weak interludes. The second - badly ripped-off riffs of themselves (you can even hear "The Heretic Anthem" riff in "Orphan" as an example). And the last but not least - these continious attempts to make "Stone Sour in masks". This record is honestly an absolute garbage and I can't see any objective reason of how and why and for what all these positive reviewers are forcing themselves to appreciate this - it's way beyond my understainding. Expand
  73. Aug 17, 2019
    Such an epic album. Their best one. I only want a fan of the interludes so I gave it a 9 instead of 10. Best album I’ve heard in a few years actually and I have it on repeat:)
  74. Aug 15, 2019
    Same old Slipknot, with more flimsy and poppy verse-chorus-verse structure. We Are Not Your Kind is very substandard. Nice instrumentals in several outros ain't even convincing.
  75. Aug 12, 2019
    A Slipknot Record that is so new and fresh after all this years, it takes a lot of brave to leave the save corridor and release a record like this. Every Song brings new ways and more dynamic. For all the haters, its no talent to ram every note with factor 1000, dynamic in tempo, heavyness and this great sound is just a masterpiece. A new Iowa next to the Codename Orange Release last year.
  76. Aug 9, 2019
    Esse álbum tá incrível cara, Slipknot voltou com tudo com músicas que realmente ficam na cabeça! Pra mim as melhores são Nero Forte, UNSAINTED, Critical Darling, orphan e Solway Firth. Daria nota 1000 se pudesse
  77. Aug 9, 2019
    Очень интересный альбом, этот коллектив один из немногих, кто старается экспериментировать с музыкой при этом не теряет свою харизму со времен одноименника. Порадовало большое количество чистого вокала от Кори.
  78. Aug 12, 2019
    Better than vol 3 and .5! A great listen, slipknot of old and slipknot of new all in one. Corey's vocals get better and better.
  79. Aug 19, 2019
    I've never been a true Slipknot fan, from entire Iowa I was re-listening only most popish My Plague. There always was something that I didn't like about them: pretty flat song structure, too easy melodies, but this album is something outstanding, so great that I'm listening for 3rd time in a row. True aggressive, very diverse, full of edgy and catchy melodies, that couldn't keep you notI've never been a true Slipknot fan, from entire Iowa I was re-listening only most popish My Plague. There always was something that I didn't like about them: pretty flat song structure, too easy melodies, but this album is something outstanding, so great that I'm listening for 3rd time in a row. True aggressive, very diverse, full of edgy and catchy melodies, that couldn't keep you not impressed. Best album so far. Expand
  80. Aug 10, 2019
    Beautifully brutal - satisfying beyond description. Surpassed the high hopes I had for this album, which is the demonic butt-baby of Iowa & Vol. 3 (& I mean that in the best way possible) - the only critique I have is greedily wishing for more of these songs. F'ing awesome & addictive - some of Slipknot's best ever. As a guitarist, my favorite riffs are on Not Long for This World. Too manyBeautifully brutal - satisfying beyond description. Surpassed the high hopes I had for this album, which is the demonic butt-baby of Iowa & Vol. 3 (& I mean that in the best way possible) - the only critique I have is greedily wishing for more of these songs. F'ing awesome & addictive - some of Slipknot's best ever. As a guitarist, my favorite riffs are on Not Long for This World. Too many solid tracks to pick an overall favorite...which isn't a bad problem to have. If only every album I buy from other bands henceforth could be HALF as good as this, I'd gladly sacrifice toy goats to The Dark Lord every night until I die :] Expand
  81. Aug 9, 2019
    An amazing album to cater to the old fans while bringing in new ones. Filled with so much emotion and energy you'll be head banging all the way through.
  82. Aug 9, 2019
    I really enjoy this album but Iowa and Slipknot are better albums for me. Solid 8/10 for me.
  83. Aug 9, 2019
    Better than the gray chapter, but not as good as all hope is gone .Critical darling, fantastic track!
  84. Aug 9, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing album, great songs e lyrics. Slipknot is so perfect. Congratulations! Expand
  85. Aug 9, 2019
    You know the feeling that a song should be longer? Does not happen to any song in this album. I feel that most of the songs are longer than it sould be. Solway Firth is by far the best song in this album, followed by Unsainted e Nero Forte. Maybe I'm missing the meaning of some of the songs. Maybe in a second listening it gets better. Corey's screams are on point, the riffs are pretty coolYou know the feeling that a song should be longer? Does not happen to any song in this album. I feel that most of the songs are longer than it sould be. Solway Firth is by far the best song in this album, followed by Unsainted e Nero Forte. Maybe I'm missing the meaning of some of the songs. Maybe in a second listening it gets better. Corey's screams are on point, the riffs are pretty cool and catchy. Expand
  86. Aug 9, 2019
    Their greatest album since Vol. 3
    Everything on this album is better than what we saw on they Gray Chapter
  87. Aug 9, 2019
    Amazing album, it’s experimental like .3 . Definitely one of there best albums in years, Corey’s vocals are amazing it’s overall an amazing album.
  88. Aug 9, 2019
    Possibly one of their best. Relentless drum bashing metal brilliance from start to finish
  89. Aug 9, 2019
    This album is a testament to having a vision and seeing that vision through. It contains the “Alice in Chains” influences while meeting the Pink Floyd’s “The Wall” experimentation and conceptual writing. This is a legacy-writing piece of art.
  90. Aug 9, 2019
    Great album. August will be a great month for music.

91. Aug 10, 2019
    La mejor Banda de Rock sin duda evolución como el vino AWESOME !!!!!! SLIPKNOT RULE
  92. Aug 10, 2019
    Corey is god, альбом очень понравился, все песни кроме deth because deth, теаепь мой 1 из любимых
  93. Aug 10, 2019
    **** AWESOME album. corey taylor's voice is still impressive. the most badass songs: orphan, a liar's funeral, solway firth, unsainted, not long for this world, nero forte
  94. Aug 10, 2019
    One word to describe this album; Different. I’m glad that after 20 years an artist can remain true to themselves and their sound while progressing enough to take risks.
  95. Aug 11, 2019
    This is Slipknot's strongest album in quite some time. I personally didn't enjoy The Gray Chapter. This album perfectly fits between Self-Titled and Vol3 with slight hints of IOWA.
    Most of the songs are perfect! And songs like Spiders are very catchy. Might give a few Stone sour hints.
  96. Aug 11, 2019
    Constant tension, the imposition of grandiose darkness. Excellent balance between heaviness and melodiousness. The album brings something new but with a recognizable style.
  97. Aug 12, 2019
    Absolutely brilliant! Best since Vol 3, or even Iowa. Massive, strong, full of energy.
  98. Aug 13, 2019
    Solid album! While a return to roots of sorts, it's also completely new and different than any other slipknot album. Love the brutality of Solway Firth.
  99. Aug 13, 2019
    Solway firth makes me headbanging also while sleeping.
    Perfect album.
    Not an hardcore slipknot fan but this album simply rocks.
  100. Aug 13, 2019
    Листая Яндекс.Музыку, наткнулся на новый альбом nu-metal группы Slipknot. Без раздумий я включил его и послушал.

Всего на альбоме 14 песен. Не так уж и мало. По иронии, то что помечено как «Популярно у слушателей» и являются главными синглами Если кратко — альбом получился среднячком. За 5 лет можно было выпустить что-то и более мощное. Но это не значит, что альбом провалился. Он

Всего на альбоме 14 песен. Не так уж и мало.

Если кратко — альбом получился среднячком. За 5 лет можно было выпустить что-то и более мощное. Но это не значит, что альбом провалился. Он хорош. Хорош по своему.

На этом альбоме вы найдёте как и психоделичные синтезаторы, так и тяжёлые гитары, агрессивные ударки. Но почти на всех песнях есть одна цепляющая «изюменка» — вокал Тейлора. Очень мощный экстрим, глубокий и пронизывающий чистый вокал. И остросоциальные тексты, куда же без них.

По атмосфере альбом довольно неодназначный. Начинается альбом психоделическими синтезаторами, а дальше идёт мощный и агрессивный ню-метал. Эта агрессия временами перебивается медленными и мелодичными балладами или инструментальными композициями. Хорошо это или плохо — уже зависит от слушателя. Лично мне это не очень зашло — ты готов крушить и ломать всё и вся, как вдруг начинается мелодичная баллада под которую только курить на фоне ночного города и думать о смысле бытия. А дальше начинается опять крушилово. Но это оправданно тем, что это не концептуальный альбом. Он просто связан общей темой альбома, но песни друг с другом не переплетаются.

Разбирать каждую композицию я не вижу смысла, ибо это тот же Слипнот. Лишь приведу список композиций, которые лично мне очень зашли.

И что в итоге:
    Альбом вышел не плохой, но и не самый лучший. Я бы это назвал «в меру хороший».

1. Classic Rock Magazine
    Aug 20, 2019
    Wonderfully cohesive hour of vein-popping indignation. [Sep 2019, p.82]
  2. Aug 15, 2019
    Slipknot make an unexpected impact with their newly-discovered tenderness, but it’s those instantly-recognisable throat-shredding roars that really shine.
  3. Aug 14, 2019
    For better or for worse, Kind is a Slipknot record, one that has more to offer than expected and is still sometimes frustratingly short-sighted.