9.3

Review this album

1. Jun 26, 2020
    É um daqueles trabalhos pra se apreciar do início ao fim, como numa viagem a lugares inesquecíveis ou tão lindos que um piscar ou um cochilo pode fazer a gente perder um detalhe. É impecável na proposta de resgate da música setentista/ oitentista e ao mesmo tempo classudo e vanguardista, à medida em que traz aos ouvidos dos jovens de hoje um estilo musical que está sendo cada vez maisÉ um daqueles trabalhos pra se apreciar do início ao fim, como numa viagem a lugares inesquecíveis ou tão lindos que um piscar ou um cochilo pode fazer a gente perder um detalhe. É impecável na proposta de resgate da música setentista/ oitentista e ao mesmo tempo classudo e vanguardista, à medida em que traz aos ouvidos dos jovens de hoje um estilo musical que está sendo cada vez mais utilizado. E que bom! É um dos melhores trabalhos que a música pop trouxe nesse ano. E que início de década pra música e pras mulheres! Expand
  2. Jun 26, 2020
    Why is it so good? The disco strings and vocal layering suit her voice well. The songs are all the perfect lengths. The synths sparkle. It conveys longing and desire in a way that makes me need to get to a dance floor, ASAP
  3. Jun 26, 2020
    My favorite album of the year so far. I am really glad she came back better than before.
  4. Jun 26, 2020
    Incredible album. Giving me Donna Summer vibes. A must listen for any pop music fan
  5. Jun 26, 2020
    Espetacular! É o melhor álbum da carreira de Jessie Ware. Reinventou toda a sonoridade já conhecida da cantora e a alça a um outro nível. É a diva disco de 2020. Cada canção desse álbum brilha de uma forma diferente! Sensacional, do início ao fim!
  6. Jun 29, 2020
    I can't stop dancing! This album is bangin' from beginning to end with some of the best production I heard in recent times.
    Jessie is leaving her mark in a big way with "What's your pleasure?", a fantastic mix of pop, house and disco instrumentals that are united by her dreamy voice.
  7. Jun 26, 2020
    That’s probably her best album since Devotion. The decision to work mostly solely with James Ford on this album has paid off! They previously produced her best songs together. I think the sound production on this record is immaculate! Great rhythm sections too! I’m glad Jessie has figured it out as an artist. This is the most suitable sound and direction for her.
  8. Jun 26, 2020
    Album of the year. What a queen. Every song is fantastic. She is so unique.
  9. Jun 27, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. THIS ALBUM IS **** AMAZING!!! JESSIE IS DIVA!!! COME TO BRAZIL!!! AAAAAAAAA ✨ Expand
  10. Jun 30, 2020
    82 ? Really? Jessie Ware's new album only has one good song, the rest is mediocre.
  11. Jul 1, 2020
    Bop after bop after bop. I’m so thankful this dropped in the middle of a pandemic. It really makes me feel less anxious. Queen.
  12. Jul 3, 2020
    The production man, the production. Jessie Ware making so far the pop album of the year.
  13. Jun 28, 2020
    Such a polished album. Disco always suited Jessie Ware’s vocals so well. She’s flirted with the genre in the past, and those songs have been some of her best. She set out to make an album that would make you ‘dance and have sex’ and that’s exactly what we got. The production is top notch, the lyrics are sexy and empowering. This is the type of album that will only get better with everySuch a polished album. Disco always suited Jessie Ware’s vocals so well. She’s flirted with the genre in the past, and those songs have been some of her best. She set out to make an album that would make you ‘dance and have sex’ and that’s exactly what we got. The production is top notch, the lyrics are sexy and empowering. This is the type of album that will only get better with every listen.

My faves: Spotlight, The Kill, Soul Control, What’s Your Pleasure
  14. Jul 3, 2020
    ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
  15. Jul 4, 2020
    esse album é incrivel
    me fez ter vontade de trepar e me matar ao mesmo tempo
    aoty
  16. Jun 27, 2020
    Back to Basics... é assim que What's Your Pleasure me define.... Disco, Dance e a voz lírica de Jessie do início ao fim passando por batidas envolventes e profundas, fazendo desse disco uma experiência inesquecível, nesse ano e nos anos vindouros. Excelente trabalho.
  17. Jul 1, 2020
    I love Jessie’s new record! It’s so consistent! “Soul Control” is my favorite track.
  18. Jun 26, 2020
    Excellent songwriting and production on this album. It’s very consistent and to the point. As always, Jessie’s vocals leave me in awe. Thank you for a beautifully crafted experience.
  19. Jun 26, 2020
    Un álbum de pop dance elegante. De lo mejor del año, imprescindible y muy disfutable
  20. Jun 27, 2020
    Jessie Ware serves us such a masterpiece, an elegant, groovy, joyful body of work. One of the top 5 albums of the year 4 sure!!!!!
  21. Jun 27, 2020
    Clearly her disco masterpiece. Every song is incredibly well-structured and beautifully arranged. The lyrics are powerful, sensual and cohesive. An instant classic, I’ll be listening to this for many years
  22. Jun 26, 2020
    What an album! First, Jessie showed us with Devotion how really good pop music should sound at the beginning of the 21st century. With Tough Love, she took it to the next level. The third album Glasshouse was not so successful, but Jessie still delivered tender melodies and deep songs. What's Your Pleasure is another Jessie - one who has developed artistically, experimenting with 80s beatsWhat an album! First, Jessie showed us with Devotion how really good pop music should sound at the beginning of the 21st century. With Tough Love, she took it to the next level. The third album Glasshouse was not so successful, but Jessie still delivered tender melodies and deep songs. What's Your Pleasure is another Jessie - one who has developed artistically, experimenting with 80s beats and animating us to be happy and dance - not only in the bedroom. Absolute bops: Spotlight, What's Your Pleasure and Soul Control. Expand
  23. Jun 26, 2020
    Masterpiece! Jessie se superó, tiene mucho encanto, elegante y bailable pop.
  24. Jun 27, 2020
    "Sin duda uno de sus mejores trabajos hasta la fecha, Jessie Ware consigue adaptarse a la nueva tendencia de traer de vuelta los pianos ochenteros y sintetizadores; con elegancia y gracia y su ya conocido toque personal con este LP. Atreviendose una vez mas a superar sus estándares en cuanto a calidad y nivel artístico."

PUNTAJE: 91/100
    -CriticoP3 para Metacritic
  25. Jun 26, 2020
    Stay in your lane, Dua. Go bang some more pots and pans, Charli. Get a one-way ticket to Vegas, Gaga... because a new Queen of Pop has arrived.

Noted Ed Sheeran apologist Jessie Ware (or, as I now refer to her as, Jesus Ware) has blessed us with her magnum opus: the album of the millennium, 'What's Your Pleasure?' - I really didn't think she had it in her after her last effort, 'Glasshouse,' was so sedate I couldn't even muster up the energy to be put to sleep by it. Alas, she decided enough was enough and gifted us with twelve sacred dance bops for the ages.

Immediately upon starting the album, you have to ascend after hearing her God-given vocal talent... but there's more! What privilege it is to hear such exquisitely produced dance music in the year 2020, a year where some artists can't even write an actual chorus or avoid anemic "drops" even the most basic EDM producers would be ashamed to put their name to.

It seems some reviewers are so flummoxed by what they've heard (or perhaps have been listening to too many *cough* Sines from Above that their judgment has been clouded) they have given it such a limp score as 3 stars... pay them no mind, because when you hear this holy grail of an album, you will—as she preaches on the sermon "Save a Kiss"—"keep on hitting rewind".

'What's Your Pleasure?' you hear her ask. Desperately searching for your scalp that has been wiped clean off by this album, you plea: where's her GRAMMYs?
  26. Jun 26, 2020
    this is hands-down the best album of 2020. it has dance vibes, but it’s on her own style and brand, it’s fresh, it’s contemporary and sexy, although it’a 80s. it’s a whole thing on it’s own. i really have no words. it’s disclosure meets prince, it’s 2005 madonna, it’s sexy, it’s fun. she really did her best work here, the songwriting it’s so amazing, and the production is refined, andthis is hands-down the best album of 2020. it has dance vibes, but it’s on her own style and brand, it’s fresh, it’s contemporary and sexy, although it’a 80s. it’s a whole thing on it’s own. i really have no words. it’s disclosure meets prince, it’s 2005 madonna, it’s sexy, it’s fun. she really did her best work here, the songwriting it’s so amazing, and the production is refined, and refined, and refined. timeless, amazing, undeniable record. if you’re alone, if you have company, you gonna love this either way. get ready to have the BEST time. Expand
  27. Jun 28, 2020
    This album is so incredible! Jessie Ware is a wonderful Disco Diva and invite us to dance and to feel sexy, powerful and alive. Highlight for the title track, Soul Control, Read My Lips and the greatest finale with Remember Where You Are.
  28. Jun 28, 2020
    she recorded her best album. Awesome coloboration with simian mobile disco. Good job! One of the best album of 2020
  29. Jun 30, 2020
    O quarto disco de Jessie Ware é um ato de reinvenção, onde a estrela britânica abraça a disco music e se joga na pista de dança, estabelecendo seu lugar ao lado dos maiores nomes do gênero. “What’s Your Pleasure” é um álbum dançante e de grande apelo pop, mas sem perder a aura classuda e refinada já característica da cantora inglesa. Destaque para as faixas “Spotlight”, a faixa-título eO quarto disco de Jessie Ware é um ato de reinvenção, onde a estrela britânica abraça a disco music e se joga na pista de dança, estabelecendo seu lugar ao lado dos maiores nomes do gênero. “What’s Your Pleasure” é um álbum dançante e de grande apelo pop, mas sem perder a aura classuda e refinada já característica da cantora inglesa. Destaque para as faixas “Spotlight”, a faixa-título e “Save a Kiss”, com letras apaixonadas e sensuais e produção cuidadosa. Expand
  30. Jun 30, 2020
    Jessie's fourth album really picks up where her first, Devotion, left off. Bop after bop. Not stop nu disco vibes. Potential album of the year!!!!
  31. Jul 1, 2020
    This album is wonderful! Evidently Jessie's most dancing album, but it is still cohesive and fascinating. "What's Your Pleasure?" it is an album to feel with the body and let our pleasures blossom.
  32. Jul 1, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. THIS ALBUM IS **** AWESOME. Jessie ia THE NEW DISCO DIVA! ALBUM OF THE! FUUCK! Expand
  33. Jul 1, 2020
    Love everything about this album! Production at its finest and obviously her vocals are incredible. AOTY for me.

Universal acclaim - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 2, 2020
    Across the whole album, Ware’s voice fills each moment with incredibly lustful longing. It feels timeless more in its emotionality and drama than even in the sound itself, which stays firmly strapped to a bygone era. Her nostalgia feels like a proper tribute, mostly because it digs so deep to the core.
  2. Jun 30, 2020
    Ware has never sounded more loose and confident — the icy diva that presided over much of Devotion is gone. Despite the flirtatious, non-specific lyrics — Ware said she wanted to make an album for people to have sex to — there's a better sense of her personality and humour this time around.
  3. Jun 29, 2020
    It has less of the soul-searching of Ware’s previous album Glasshouse, yet zooms in on a lighter facet of her personality, and is threaded with a camp sense of humor that reflects disco’s frivolity as well as the cheekiness that is all over Ware’s Table Manners podcast but has been largely missing from her recorded music. ... It is a joy to hear Ware sounding so relaxed.