7.9

Buy Now
Buy on

Review this album

1. Sep 9, 2022
    One of the greatest debut albums I've listened to in a long time. The music is methodic, measured and controlled, but, at the same time, it has a carefree, explosive quality. The songs never get too comfortable with their own parameters and find ways to surprise the listener with their exquisite blend of pop, electronic music and sonic experimentation, while Georgia's immaculate vocalsOne of the greatest debut albums I've listened to in a long time. The music is methodic, measured and controlled, but, at the same time, it has a carefree, explosive quality. The songs never get too comfortable with their own parameters and find ways to surprise the listener with their exquisite blend of pop, electronic music and sonic experimentation, while Georgia's immaculate vocals glue all the ideas together. Overall, "I Love You Jennifer B" is an exciting record, full of promising ideas, weirdly captivating pop songs and a freshness that is as rare as it is admirable. Expand
  2. Sep 9, 2022
    Unquestionably the best debut of the year. This heady experimental pop is an ambitious display of talent. Once every year the music world is surprised by a small unassuming musician (usually British) releasing groundbreaking music(dry cleaning or black mindi) and the crown for that title goes to jockstrap this time. "I love you Jennifer B" is impressive, casual and complex.Unquestionably the best debut of the year. This heady experimental pop is an ambitious display of talent. Once every year the music world is surprised by a small unassuming musician (usually British) releasing groundbreaking music(dry cleaning or black mindi) and the crown for that title goes to jockstrap this time. "I love you Jennifer B" is impressive, casual and complex.
    Favorites:greatest hits,Glasgow,concrete over water
  3. Sep 14, 2022
    This is one of the most unique albums that I've heard in the last time, It's an incredible experience of different sounds and textures with also gorgeous vocals and a superb production, you definitely can't miss this one.
  4. Sep 18, 2022
    I love this album. I love the vocals, sequencing, and the slight feeling of musical chaos throughout. It’s not exactly my taste, but I can recognize good music when I hear it.

Universal acclaim - based on 14 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 26, 2022
    I Love You Jennifer B is provocative and ambitious, testing attention while operating on a fine line between listenability and overkill. The way Jockstrap play with expectations keeps listeners on their toes. Trying to anticipate the next 180-degree turn or sudden zero to a hundred acceleration makes them an exciting listen.
  2. Sep 22, 2022
    It’s the first track that commands serious momentum, though the closer “50/50” isn’t too shabby either. ... Its novelty burns off by the halfway mark, but there’s a strong sense that here, at least, was a direction worth doubling down on. Kudos. The rest of the record is an over-calculated mess.
  3. Sep 12, 2022
    They round out the subtle complexities in the seemingly simple story of longing; a tip-toeing toybox melody reflecting the delicacy of the situation, digital glitches suggesting the distance between them, sighs that relay the inner conflict. This precision features throughout Jennifer B, and it’s thanks to these careful touches that each song connects on a deeper level, despite their structurelessness and unpredictability.