8.6

Review this album

1. Feb 13, 2021
    This album is scorched earth. I have been impatiently awaiting Slowthai’s follow-up album ever since Nothing Great about Britain imprinted his music into my sonic consciousness. With Tyrone, he doesn’t disappoint. I don’t know which of the two is the stronger album. They are both banging. I love how Tyron unravels who he is in the second half, showing vulnerability and sensitivity, afterThis album is scorched earth. I have been impatiently awaiting Slowthai’s follow-up album ever since Nothing Great about Britain imprinted his music into my sonic consciousness. With Tyrone, he doesn’t disappoint. I don’t know which of the two is the stronger album. They are both banging. I love how Tyron unravels who he is in the second half, showing vulnerability and sensitivity, after spitting fire for the first 7 tracks. This is a complex album made by a complex, supremely talented young man. The future is bright for our uncancellable protagonist Expand
  2. Mar 1, 2021
    This album outdid my expectations of it. I was a huge fan of the two disc style, the second half being the better one. 'i tried', 'nhs' and 'feel away' were some standouts as well as 'VEX' in the first half. I think he's only going to get better as he progresses, I also love his political commentary to go along with his eye for good music.
  3. Feb 12, 2021
    I love Slowthai, but now I will never stop loving Slowthai. This album was amazing. The singles for this album was only a taste of the masterpiece we would be receiving. It is a 9 instead of a 10 because one day this man will come out with a legendary album, and I will be here to witness it.
  4. Feb 15, 2021
    Great Album, I have never listened to Slowthai before this project and I was very pleasantly surprised. The first half was fine, kinda experimental British rap but It was nothing compared to the second half. The second half blew me away with how emotional and creative it got with great flows amazing beats and a nostalgic feel. The project overall really helped me understand what someoneGreat Album, I have never listened to Slowthai before this project and I was very pleasantly surprised. The first half was fine, kinda experimental British rap but It was nothing compared to the second half. The second half blew me away with how emotional and creative it got with great flows amazing beats and a nostalgic feel. The project overall really helped me understand what someone with ADHD may experience and I think that's a great thing to get out of a project. The first half however lacked some aspects that prevent this album from being as good as it could be. Expand
  5. Feb 13, 2021
    Great record by Slowthai, not disappointed. He raps about his life and has many references to pop culture, mainly football. Raps a bit too much about zoots
  6. Feb 12, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tyron goes hard on this joint Expand
  7. Feb 13, 2021
    Been waiting a while for this , I was interested in how slowthai would top his debut and what themes he would discuss . I think he perfectly continued on , with tyron being more about him and his character . Not only is it a very enjoyable listen but it's very well structured and goes deeper in who slowthai is.
  8. Feb 19, 2021
    Though I love nothing great about Britain, I find Tyron to be a more complete album, with side 1 being full of angrier bangers and side 2 being more conscious, giving the listener a choice in later listens, as much as I enjoy the 1st side, I do find the second half to be where the best music is, as I do prefer conscious rap

Generally favorable reviews - based on 25 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 8, 2021
    The end result is an album that passes by without any significant misfires, and at least a handful of headshots. It's probably a stretch to say that he's met the potential signified by the queue of people within the industry that have recognised his talent and reached out to him, but TYRON's best cuts provide further unequivocal evidence that there is something special about Tyron Frampton.
  2. Mar 2, 2021
    He’s successfully bridged the gap from local to international with this album and when everyone can go on tour again I think he’ll have a ready made audience well outside of the United Kingdom.
  3. Feb 19, 2021
    It’s a clear attempt to deliver a more mature, varied work than Nothing Great About Britain, and in that it succeeds. But considering his lofty aspirations, there’s nothing here that others rappers like Dave or Akala – both blessed with greater emotional intelligence, intellectual gravitas and grasp of social and political issues – haven’t done better.