• Record Label: RCA
  • Release Date: Mar 22, 2020
7.4

Review this album

1. Mar 26, 2020
    While many ideas presented in this album are interesting, the project as a whole seems to have an identity crisis. It just doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. It tries to sound cold and detached yet soulful at the same time. It tries very hard to be experimental while more mainstream elements sneak in.
  2. Mar 28, 2020
    There are some great Ideas on here, but so much of it feels underdeveloped. Along with that, a few of these tracks I felt overstayed their welcome, and just drug out for way to long (ex. 24.19), and while I did like Time and 12.38, it felt like they were just taking way to long to finish. If anything, this album feels like a mixed bag, and while I want to like it more than I do, there'sThere are some great Ideas on here, but so much of it feels underdeveloped. Along with that, a few of these tracks I felt overstayed their welcome, and just drug out for way to long (ex. 24.19), and while I did like Time and 12.38, it felt like they were just taking way to long to finish. If anything, this album feels like a mixed bag, and while I want to like it more than I do, there's some glaring flaws that are a bit hard to ignore.

Favorite Tracks: Algorhythm, Time, 19.10, 42.26, 53.49
    Least Favorite Tracks: 0.00, 32.22
  3. Mar 24, 2020
    Most of this album is pseudo-experimentalism intended to disguise mediocre musical ideas.
  4. Mar 25, 2020
    Blown Out Production With Background Noises, Sometimes Cool Chord Progression And Soulful Singing, And Minimalistic Lyrics With Superficial Ideas That Aren't Dissected Enough, This Album Is Cohesive Only Sonically As Its Produced Mainly By DJ Dahi And Childish Himself, It's Barely Conceptual And Focused.
  5. Mar 23, 2020
    Primitive melodic drawings. Superficial texts. Artless arrangements. Sounds like something unfinished. Unreasoned. Stolen.
  6. Mar 31, 2020
    This album isn't bad, but it isn't something you want to return to in my opinion. The album feels like a mix-up of concepts and ideas. I can see the appeal for its sound and "vibe", but this album is for particular ear. That being said it sounds good, it's just not good enough for me to return the album for multiple listens.

Universal acclaim - based on 15 Critic Reviews

1. Q Magazine
    Apr 7, 2020
    It's his sharp, searching lyrics that elevates 3.15.20 to giddying heights. [Jun 2020, p.106]
  2. Apr 1, 2020
    If one could argue that 3.15.20 reveals a growing penchant for Kanye-esque dilettantism—dipping its toes into Death Grips-style abrasion on one end, reaching out for touches of Tropical House, Frank Ocean, and sun-dappled Disney singalongs on the other—it’s all carried off with Glover’s winking confidence, not to mention a damn sight less narcissism than Yeezy.
  3. Mar 31, 2020
    Though Gambino takes himself a bit too seriously at times, 3.15.20's pleasant moments make up for his missteps.