- Summary: The second full-length solo release for the One Direction member features production from Jeff Bhasker, Tyler Johnson, Kid Harpoon, and Sammy Witte.
- Record Label: Sony Music
- Genre(s): Pop, Pop/Rock, Teen Pop, Social Media Pop
- More Details and Credits »
|Treat People With Kindness|
|Maybe, we can find a place to feel good And we can treat people with kindness Find a place to feel good I've got a good feeling I'm just takin' it...||See the rest of the song lyrics|
Dec 16, 2019Fine Line is very much a document of a 25-year-old deep in the process of figuring out not just what kind of musician he wants to be, but what kind of person. The path from cookie-cutter boy-band member to bona fide rock star is one fraught with a lot to prove both personally and publically, and yet it’s one Styles seems to be navigating with an eagerness to learn, to experience and to experiment.
Dec 13, 2019The actual sound of Fine Line is incredible, and most songs have at least one great moment to grab hold of. ... While the music wades into the mystic, his songwriting, pointedly, does not. ... Styles doesn’t have the imagination of Bowie or another pop-rock touchpoint here, Fleetwood Mac, who took their lives and transfigured them through cosmic fantasia or Victorian grandeur.
Dec 24, 2019OH MY GOD!! this album is SO AMAZING!!! Harry did a really great job with this album! All the songs are so different and so GOOD, he’s soOH MY GOD!! this album is SO AMAZING!!! Harry did a really great job with this album! All the songs are so different and so GOOD, he’s so talented! The album is wonderful and I would definitely recommend this album!!… Expand
Dec 15, 2019This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A beautiful album, which takes its listener on a journey of being in love with someone, losing said love and finding out who you are afterwards.
1) The first track on the album “Golden” is a fantastic opener - it’s got your attention straight away, singing about being scared of falling in love because you’re scared of potentially getting your heart broken.
2) Watermelon Sugar follows straight through and although slightly more “modern” in its sound it still has a vintage feel to it. Catchy af!
3) The music video for Adore you and the whole Eroda concept was super fun! Adore you is a cute little song, sweet lyrics and absolutely a catchy bop!
4) Lights Up was the first indication of what was to come for the sophomore album from Harry Styles and sings about being in a better place, stepping into the light and never going back (to where he was before). Love this song to pieces!
5) Cherry was a song that had to grow on me - I wasn’t into the song at ALL when I first heard it, but rehearing it again made me fall in love. This is the first heartbreaking song of more to follow on the album. Very honest lyrics and a nice little touch with Camilles voice at the start and finish. Very VERY sweet, and utterly heartbreaking.
6) Falling. What can I say - it sticks out from the rest of the songs very obviously (aside from TWPK) and is probably the first song in a long time which lyrically and sonically made my heart ACHE! I think a lot of people can relate to this song, not necessarily only as a breakup song, but for a lot of different things when you’re trying to find out who you are after someone special in yo life has left. That note as well - it’s my favorite song of the album but you deffo need to be in the right headspace when listening!
7) To be so lonely - as with Cherrie, is a song which had to grow on me. It’s a heartbreaking song, when you’re trying to remain friends with an ex. Very honest and nice with a little self-dragging in terms of “I’m just an arrogant SOB who can’t admit when he’s sorry” - refreshing. 8) SHE! What a TUNE! The first of two songs over 6 minutes and ultimately the big sister of last album’s “Woman” - you can of course interpret songs differently (I’ve seen a lot of interesting interpretations already), but to me this is the song about what could’ve been - you’re not with this person but you were so enamored with them (and still is) so you’re imagining all these scenarios. And that last never-ending guitar solo, Mitch you are chefs kiss!
9) Sunflower vol.6 is a quirky little song, finally the internal demons are starting to fade and you can look back on what was and what’s ahead. 10) Canyon Moon is probably my least favorite song on the album, but cute none-the-less and still not a skip! 11) The second song on the album which differs slightly from the rest, TWPK (treat people with kindness) is Harry’s slogan and starts with a choir singing about treating people with kindness and overall a cute, very uptempo song which surely is going to go OFF live (cannot wait to hear it in May!)
12) Finally the title track of the album, Fine Line is a song of few words but the words sung (and repeated many times) are enough to get the message across - it’s a fine line (between what exactly? Love and hate? Genius and madness?) but all I know is that Harry will be alright and so will we. It’s starts soft, sing entirely in falsetto, and ends as the gates to heaven opens (or at least that’s how it feels like)! That’s it! This album was nothing and somehow everything I imagined it would be! I’ve had it on repeat since Friday and it will stay on repeat until someone comes along with a better put-together album (most likely that’ll be Harry outdoing himself one another 2.5 years - looking forward to where he’ll take me next!
12/12, would recommend to everyone and their grandma !… Expand
Dec 13, 2019I'm glad he let his music evolve into something different from his debut album but still able to make it a great follow up. Fine Line got soI'm glad he let his music evolve into something different from his debut album but still able to make it a great follow up. Fine Line got so much more emotions and feelings to it. There's variety of vocals styling he used here, and the production is amazing. Love this one even more than his debut album.… Expand
Feb 15, 2020amazing, piece of art, everyone should listen to it, saved my life, everything you need is here, stream fine line, stan harry styles, liveamazing, piece of art, everyone should listen to it, saved my life, everything you need is here, stream fine line, stan harry styles, live your best life… Expand
|Picture of Bunny Rabbit - Arthur Russell|
|Fountain Baby - Amaarae|
|Fly or Die Fly or Die Fly or Die (world war) - Jaimie Branch|
|Smash: The Singles 1985-2020 [Box Set] - Pet Shop Boys|
|Evenings at the Village Gate: John Coltrane with Eric Dolphy - John Coltrane|
|The Greater Wings - Julie Byrne|
|Black Rainbows - Corinne Bailey Rae|
|Guts - Olivia Rodrigo|
|The Land Is Inhospitable and So Are We - Mitski|
|the record - boygenius|
|Maps - billy woods|
|That! Feels Good! - Jessie Ware|
|Rat Saw God - Wednesday|
|Valley of Heart's Delight - Margo Cilker|
|Chrome Dreams - Neil Young|
|Blómi - Susanne Sundfør|
|I Am Not There Anymore - The Clientele|
|The Complete Dirty South - Drive-By Truckers|
|Wait Til I Get Over - Durand Jones|
|My Back Was a Bridge for You to Cross - Anohni & the Johnsons|