by Gov't Mule
- Record Label: Blue Note
- Release Date: Sep 24, 2013
- Artist(s): Warren Haynes, Matt Abts, Danny Louis, Jorgen Carlsson
- Summary: The first release on the Blue Note label for the jam band is a double album with the second disc of the same songs as the first disc with guest singers including Elvis Costello, Dr. John, Toots Hibbert, Glenn Hughes, Ben Harper, Jim James, Myles Kennedy, Dave Matthews, Grace Potter, TyThe first release on the Blue Note label for the jam band is a double album with the second disc of the same songs as the first disc with guest singers including Elvis Costello, Dr. John, Toots Hibbert, Glenn Hughes, Ben Harper, Jim James, Myles Kennedy, Dave Matthews, Grace Potter, Ty Taylor, and Steve Winwood.… Expand
- Record Label: Blue Note
- Genre(s): Pop/Rock, Blues-Rock, American Trad Rock, Hard Rock, Rock & Roll, Southern Rock, Guitar Virtuoso, Jam Bands
- More Details and Credits »
|Never wanted to be swept away I thought I might lose myself Nobody told me thered be music, sweet music Now I got that sinking feeling Though I try...||See the rest of the song lyrics|
Positive: 6 out of 7
Mixed: 1 out of 7
Negative: 0 out of 7
Oct 30, 2013This experiment has worked better than fans could have hoped and, given the Mule’s current state of songwriting and performance, elevates this jam band to a whole new level. File under: inspired.
Oct 24, 2013Shout! has Gov’t Mule showing the highest respect to all forms of classic roots, as is the case with arguably all of their studio efforts. And unlike a good portion of their musical heroes, they’ve made themselves better with time.
Oct 8, 2013The Warren Haynes fronted quartet’s first studio album in four years and its Blue Note label debut is a typically gritty eleven song set of gutsy Southern blues rock.
Oct 8, 2013To call Shout! a mixed bag is redundant, as being able to assemble your favourite version of the album is part of its intrinsic appeal and quite possibly a way for non-Mule fans to get introduced to their wide-reaching approach.
Oct 8, 2013For fans, the first disc has plenty of exciting material to offer: it sounds great, the writing is excellent, there are new musical directions, and, as expected, there is terrific playing throughout.
Oct 8, 2013For half of this unique two-CD set, the Mule go long and hard on their own.... On the second disc, they revisit that material as heavy sidemen, backing a dynamic cast of guest singers.
Classic Rock MagazineOct 23, 2013The Mule's taste and experience largely wins the day. [Oct 2013, p.87]
|Live and Dangerous [Super Deluxe Edition] - Thin Lizzy|
|Desire, I Want To Turn into You - Caroline Polachek|
|Live at the Whisky 1977 [Box Set] - Cheap Trick|
|Travel - The Necks|
|S.O.S. - SZA|
|Manzanita - Shana Cleveland|
|False Lankum - Lankum|
|the record - boygenius|
|Maps - billy woods|
|That! Feels Good! - Jessie Ware|
|Rat Saw God - Wednesday|
|12 - Ryuichi Sakamoto|
|Angel Numbers - Hamish Hawk|
|Blómi - Susanne Sundfør|
|Wait Til I Get Over - Durand Jones|
|Everything Harmony - The Lemon Twigs|
|The Bootleg Series, Vol. 17: Fragments - Time Out of Mind Sessions 1996-1997 - Bob Dylan|
|Honky Château [50th Anniversary Edition] - Elton John|
|The Songs of Bacharach & Costello [Super Deluxe Edition Box Set] - Elvis Costello|
|Being - Baaba Maal|